CoStar Group Employee Reviews

Most Enjoyable part of the job
Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2018
Worked with an amazing team that was very dedicated, hard working and fun to be around. I wasn't there long enough to get a real sense of my job or the culture of the entire office.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no room for growth
Working For Costar Group!
Senior community Researcher/ On The Job Trainer (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAMay 11, 2018
Working with Costar Group was great at first, I could not believe that there was free food. The atmosphere was awesome and I could not wait to get to work; that was a couple of years ago. I have seen a lot of people leave and a lot of people get fired. Pay is not the same and some way some how upper management are always looking for new ways to cut bonuses. Everyday there is a different job to do besides the job that issuppose tobe done. Anyways, I want to bash this company because I feel I have learned more about corprate and have obtained some skills under my belt.
Pros
Free Food.
Cons
Upper management needs help.
Disjointed Management
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2018
They cannot seem to solve internal problems with research. The database is absolutely filled with chaotic information and the Upper management is playing whack-a-mole with their problems and they are falling behind.
Pros
The Food is free
Cons
Everytning else
Great opportunity for recent college grad.
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2018
Great opportunity for recent college grad. Stressful environment from performance measurement. Free snacks/lunch is great; helps save money. Rough commute if outside DC.
Average Place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 29, 2018
There's a lot of mixed feelings that come with working at CoStar. The work environment is great, I've enjoyed the people that I've worked with. However, the performance metric is not always realistic nor "fair". You could have someone that has 300 companies vs someone that has 50 companies and they are measured on the same performance scale (interview pace, call update frequency percentage, etc). If you have a smaller portfolio, you go through anxiety every day with how you are going to accomplish your metrics. So a lot of times the end results are not always a direct correlation of your efforts/skill which can be frustrating for competitive people.

The company itself does have some levels of disorganization when it comes to communication. Things get changed around at the last minute.

Pay and benefits were great. It is not something that is easy to come by.
Pros
Benefits, Great Pay, A lot of PTO
Cons
Difficult metrics
Great Pay, Disappointing Ending
Tenant Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2018
Great place to work if you are looking an easy job but be careful with the managers and stay on task. If they catch you taking longer than a 15 minute break you can get in trouble. I left for a summer internship in DC and was promised my job back by both my manager and the director of the tenant surveyors at the time but when I got back to Richmond neither would respond to any of my emails or calls. Disappointed that they would lie and then avoid an employee after we had a meeting prior to me leaving where everything was explained that I would be returning in August. This is not the first time I have heard of management lying to the employees and many of my friends have left since I have because of a "terrible work environment" where employee satisfaction is no longer valued.
Pros
Pay, Discounted lunch
Cons
Fast-pace, Management not understanding
CoStar Upper Management is TRASH
Tenant Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2018
CoStar is the WORST company you could work for! If you have an issue...deal with it yourself. Do not expect any assistance from anyone who was actually hired to help you. The culture is horrible and will drive you to drink. The work is so repetitive and boring that people get bored and find things to do such as stirring up drama. Please, for sake of sanity, steer clear of CoStar!
Don't waist your time
Field Research Photographer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2018
Don't waste your time with costar. Low salary, stress,no communication, and strict Matrix program that is hard to meet the minimums. And we're constantly changing activities.
Cons
Very low pay for this area
This is a good job/ Career opportunity
Call Center/ Customer Service Sales (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2018
If you are looking to land a full-time stable job and work your way up in other positions in the company this is a great opportunity. There are disadvantages on every job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, snacks, modernized facility, monthly party
Cons
Poor Management, Negative immature environment, cliquey, frequent changes with seating
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2018
A typical day at work is laid back
what did you learn about the commercial real estate
management is not supportive
hardest part of the job management
n/a
Tenant Researcher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2018
Great company to work for! Excellent compensation and overall package. Food and snacks provided within newly renovated building making for a wonderful working environment.
Benefits are better than the Company
Revenue Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2018
I did not intend to stay at Costar as long as I did, but they truly take care of their employees. They invest in fitness, health and wellness. The perks are the primary reason I have not left yet.

This company is ever changing and growing. This is generally a positive point. However, these changes can be stressful on associate level employees.
The front line is treated horribly
Photographer (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 6, 2018
Photographers are treated so badly. The management is so big brother that we are now forced to sit in our cars ALL DAY. That's like taking an 8 hour flight every day. What the? That's not healthy or showing any respect to the photographers who work harder than any department. Anyone who has ever edited anything knows how important an ergonomic work area is. We used to be able to edit for some of the day at home and as long as you turned in work, it was fine. I don't see why photographers should be cooped up in their car, ruining their body and mind. It's a disgusting policy that should be looked at immediately.
Pros
Health insurance is very good, paid holidays, paid time off that increases over time, use of drones and changing technology
Cons
Low pay, hijacking commission, forcing us to edit in cars ALL day, giving us no trust and dignity
AR Specialist
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2018
Make outbound calls to collect on delinquent invoices. Take inbound calls to assist customers with billing concerns. Leave notations on accounts as to when they'll be paying invoices or why payment was late. Post payments received from customer to their specified invoices.
Pros
free snacks, happy hours
Cons
no pto, pre-scheduled lunches due to a call center like environment
Toxic working environment
Field Research Photographer II (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Unhealthy working environment and incredibly high stress levels as well consistently decreasing pay combined with increasing job responsibilities and high end skills.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Everything else
Productive and competetive work nature
Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2018
Its a very good place to work where we can gain knowledge and experience in a perfect way and to utilize our skills completely in friendly environment .Thank you.
not fun place to work
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
Costar is a very solid company financially. They don't treat there employees the way they should. The upper management is not helpful and only care about money.
Productive and Fun work environment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2018
CoStar is the industry leader in commercial real estate technology and data. Working at CoStar (Apartments.com), you are given the tools necessary to perform at a high level.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
Toxic Company
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2018
From the Researcher prospective, the metrics are completely out of line with reality. The Executives rule CoStar by intimidation and threats and lies. Btw, the Executives have not performed the role as a Researcher and have no idea what they are talking about which is why the research process and metric are disfunctional.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
company being run by a "Little Napolian"
Many Benefits But No Real Advancement Opportunity
COMMUNITY RESEARCHER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
At CoStar, you get many benefits, much more than the average. However, the job is basically lying to get information out of leasing agents all over the country. They sell you dreams that will disappear right before your eyes. Please do research on the job before you take the position
Pros
Good benefits, free snacks
Cons
few advancement opportunities for college graduates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoStar Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight