Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 6,075 reviews matching the search See all 8,321 reviews
Great workplace with many opportunities for advancement.
Administrator/Human Resources/Personnel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morganville, NJJanuary 1, 2019
A typical day at work consists of focusing on emphasis of member's satisfaction starting with merchandise placement. Management and hourly employees work together in a respectful way bringing out the best outcome. Diversity plays a big role and is being presented to employees from day one and continues on a daily basis. Everyone works together creating a fun atmosphere while striving to create great results for the company. As with every job, there are easy and hard days. Costco is a retail store and experience and opportunities are endless in learning. It can get hard but there is always a solution to satisfaction whether it's a member or an employee.
Pros
Endless growth opportunities
Cons
Some advancement requires relocation to another state.
A good company to work for
Morning & Night Merchandiser/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJanuary 19, 2019
A good company to work for, overall. The pay and benefits are really good. The management is hit or miss, with good managers and incompetent managers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Employee Perks
Cons
Stressful, Management is hit or miss.
Costco is awesome
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 15, 2019
I had always wanted to work here. I hear the benefits are great and that you can definitely move up if you work hard. Its true! Good place to make a career of and retire from.
great place to work!
Front End Assistant, Cashier and Photo Department (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2019
I loved working for costco! They treat their employees great. Full and Part time employees get benefits. I was in school while working their and they were always willing to work on a schedule with me.
Pros
great hourly pay for the easy work
Cons
dealing with customers
very good place to work.
Front End/Cart Crew, Stocker and Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 12, 2019
enjoyed working there Miami Lakes Costco. Fellow co workers very nice and helpful if you work hard will get hours very hard to be full timer try and learn to do every department.
Pros
good pay
OK! management was not the best!!!!
Marketer, Gas station attendant, Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 30, 2018
I loved my job at Costco. only reason I left was due to the fact that they run off tenure and the tenure employees tried to treat new employees like slave and not as equal. Management would talk to you any way and when you went to complain about them nothing was done. I had a manger tell me while on refunds that I needed to learn Spanish when I asked him to translate.
I loved working here
Deli \ FrontEnd\Parking Lot Carts\ Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 3, 2019
During the slow periods after Christmas, job security is risky and its slower time for income for the corporation due to consumers recovering from holidays so its possible to get laid off or even worse fired for the smallest of things.

This is understandable being that its retail and based off sales and performance for ability to hire, so your hours may be lessened no opportunity for overtime can occur for someone during January and February, but if you can endure that sometimes its possible to be laid off and called back during faster months that was a con working there.

The pro's is that Costco comes with amazing benefits to life in general, from great deals, auto programs, now mortgage, and great insurance it was my pleasure to work for them. The open door policy, and unlimited opportunity for advancement by checking their Job Post and they prefer to advance within rather than look outside for to fill positions.
Pros
great relationships for growth even when your away its a community
Cons
Shortbreaks, No Paid Time off just maybe sick days or so
Front End, Seafood Sales, and Morning Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CADecember 27, 2018
Management always scheduled you appropriately and work was not too difficult. Coworkers were friendly and the benefits were nice. Never asked to do what we couldn't
The pay was good, management sucked
Cake Decorator/Bakery Clerk/wrapper/stocker (Former Employee) –  Superior, COJanuary 3, 2019
I worked there for over four years. The pay was great, if you can handle dealing with all the other b.s. Always under staffed. Especially in the bakery. Managers aren't trained properly.
Optical lab tech
Warehouse Worker/Optical Edging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 2, 2019
Check with our lead for news updates.. Go to pur work station and begin our process from washing lenses to scraping, edging, and or bevel. Last process would be to mound the lenses. Picking orders wpuld also be a job function. Very fast paced but steady work taht very rewarding. My favorate part of my job was the cutting and shaping of the lenses. I learned do much about making eye glasses and how to fix any glitches with the machines. I enjoyed going to work
Pros
Quick to learn style work
Cons
Not sure
Great opportunities for growth within the company
Licensed Pharmacy Technician and currently (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 91387December 27, 2018
Promotions and opportunities are there if you work hard and apply for them. Take advantage of different departments so you can learn new skills. There are transfer opportunities if you relocate or need to move.
Front-End Associate and Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Hands down the best job I've ever had. Loved the work, loved the people, loved the opportunities. I was sad to leave but had to for my Bachelor's degrees. Cannot recommend this company enough.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier Assistant/ Merchandising Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Feliz, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Respectful and helpful management and coworkers Costco offers lots of raining and guidelines to complete every task in the most efficient way posibble.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Best retail job you can get.
Night Merchant/Forklift Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2019
Hands down the best retail company to work for. Great HR, base pay, advancement oppurtunities. If you are a hard worker this place will keep you.
The only downsides are that it is retail. The job can be quite repetitive and you'll have to deal with a few bad managers every now and then.
Pros
Amazing Health Insurance, 401k plans, Starting Pay, Advancement opportunities, wide selection of jobs within the warehouse
Cons
Retail environment
Fun place to work at
EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Overall great place to work at, people are helpful a family environment awesome people to work for just was not able to maintain my family with 30 hours a week
Great workplace and friendly coworkers!
Optician/Photo Lab Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2019
Costco was great working with my schedule while I was attending college. I always felt like I was working on a team and there was always help available when I had questions or needed anything.
Fast Paced and Competitive
Merchandise Stocker, Front-End Greeter (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 8, 2019
As a seasonal employee, i was forced to run from the checkout stands to different aisle locations and either get products or put them back for customers.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
seasonal position
Every employee is taken care of.
Front-End Cashier Assistant, Non-Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 25, 2018
Costco is the place to start. You will have great benefits, 401K, and overall, Costco will never neglect their employees. Other than dealing with rude customers, Costco will still take care of their employees.
It is a very fast paced environment, which can take a toll on some people. But work hard pays off! On top of the other benefits, free membership and great pay.
We get different types of members, so we need to really learn how to deal with rude members & nice members. Don’t make the situation worse by adding on more fuel, learn how to find a solution for both member and emoloyee.
Pros
Great benefits, hours, paid vacay/sick, employees are taken care of
Cons
Fast paced environment & can be stressful
Very lively, fast paced, low stress, great pay, totally worth working your bum off
Service Clerk-Ecommerce Chaymt Agent (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 5, 2019
I have worked as an Ecommerce agent for Costco for a while now. I love it. The pay raisrs are based off if time worked. You get a raise for every 1,040 hours worked. So your raised are baded off of how much time invested and not how far ypu can stick your nose of your supervisors rear end. All employees are treated equally. They hire internally so you will nwver be supervised by someone just coming in who knows less than you. Never feel degraded. Open door policy. Leniant on time off. The culture is very fun and 21st century. Not too conservative. Professional but not boring. The insurance is the best. You get a free membership as an employee and you can add 3 friends/ family members to the account. There are so many positions that it's eady to move up in the company. Members are so much happier than members who usually shop with othet retailers. There us jyst sometjing about Costco members. They are just good people all around. The only xomplaint I have no is that my department got our hour cut temporarilt anf the nitice was not soon enough. So all of us agents are not gettimg many hours. The cool thing is that I am so confident in this company that I will not leave them. I know they will take care of me and there will be a fair amount of overtime to catch up. Also, lastlu overtime is anything over 8 hours paid on a day. So if you work a 10 hour day subtract your 30 minute lunch and you have 8 hours regular pay and 1.5 hours overtime. Thus us still true even if you only work 14 hours in 1 week. It's truly the best company to work for. Best retirement as well. I recommend and  more... stanf by Costco and Costco.com Yakima office 100%. #6135050  less
Pros
Cons
Things can change quickly
workplace that included teamwork atmosphere
Front End Assistant Costco Wholesale (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJanuary 4, 2019
would def work there again.. and recommend other friends to apply. Employees are friendly and if there are any questions in order to do your job correctly,, the leads were always helpful in showing what needs to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Costco Wholesale.

Powered by Comparably