Costco Wholesale
Happiness rating is 74 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Working at costco requires a lot of responsibility as the members are very demanding and all the time you are under pressure to get everything ready on time, but the pay and benefits make it worth working there.
Pros
wages and benefits are very good!
Cons
You have to mark the exit and entry to lunch time.
I enjoyed my time at Costco. Met some very nice people. Always busy but glad to know my work mattered to Costco members. A good place to start out and build job experience.
Really enjoyed the work, but the heavy lifting got to be an issue. When I went to the membership desk I was really challenged and received awards. However, I broke my hand and one finger lifting boxes that were too heavy (like 10 reams of paper) so I made the difficult decision to leave. Mentally and physically I am in otherwise in good condition.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting of over 50 pounds was very difficult
They paid insanely well and had great benifits but thats it for the good! Was brought in as a seasonal and busted my butt off working for them while constantly taking on bigger tasks just to have to train my replacement that was hired 2 weeks prior to the end of the season just to be let go! They were hired for year round instead of keeping me! Management was terrible and they had no training just being told to stand here do this! The overall mood inside the place was deppressing! Kind of happy i don't work for them!
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Everything else
It's and excellent company and the employees treat each other with respect. The teamwork is one of the best i have seen and the mamagers are always considerate of the employees need to balance home and work life. A real pleasure to work for such a company.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Long hours standing. Low Starting Salary.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Costco expects a lot from employees so work days can be mentally and physically taxing. Whether you’re being sent to a different department to help cut down a long line, doing some idle-time cleaning between waves of members, or building displays for various products, there’s always something to be done. Though, despite the whirlwind nature of a shift, you almost never feel overwhelmed. Costco employees are Swiss Army knives; as long as the managers-on-duty know how to use their tools you’ll always have some extra help from your coworkers. Throughout my tenure at Costco I rarely came across truly bad management. When I first started at Costco as a cart pusher there were multiple instances of our GM spending 30 minutes or so out in the parking lot helping us wrangle carts and return them to the vestibule on a busy day. That said, there is a sizable amount of internal movement of managers and employees alike between departments and warehouses. As soon as you get used to working with one manager, or maybe you finally got the chill manager you wanted to work with, someone will switch departments or warehouses which inevitably causes a flurry of personnel movement and now you’re stuck with the micro-manager who needs to comment on everything you do. But while a lot is asked of employees, they are rewarded with an industry-high hourly wage, one or two paid breaks depending on the length of the shift, a 30-minute lunch period, health benefits, a 401k, an annual bonus check for all employees who have been with the company for at least a certain amount of years, nigh-unshakable job security, - more...
Pros
Free samples, Pto, Health insurance with vision/dental for part-timers, Time-and-a-half Sundays, Closed on major holidays, Floating MLK holiday, Highest hourly wage in retail, team oriented work environment
Cons
Tiring work, cement floors hard on the back, entitled members due to membership fee, all-hands-on-deck inventory done twice a year SUCKS
The job as a whole is very simple. The management doesn't seem to move as one unit though; one manager may tell you one thing and then another will say something completely different. This creates mass confusion on certain goals, responsibilities, etc.
In the front end, it's fast-paced, high-stress, but extremely rewarding. If you keep a good attitude, take care of your body, and do your best to meet the members' needs, you'll thrive. Taking your time to learn the ropes well is accepted, and your peers will help you. There isn't a high tolerance for repeated failures (calling out sick, being late, etc.), but if you are honest, they'll treat you right. The members can be difficult to work with at first, but there are also plenty that are a blessing. You will quickly befriend your supervisors and managers as long as you are direct, and understand that they are human, too. If you work hard and do a good job, they WILL schedule you often. If this is a problem, you need to be clear and consistent until the issue is resolved. Not the place for everyone, but it'll be what you make of it!
Pros
Great management, good hours, great pay
Cons
Intense work, hard labor
Yo pienso que es un buen trabajo, hay un buen ambiente laboral también es productivo, te dan la oportunidad d aprender sobre otras ares o ocupaciones laborales. Buen salario y beneficios.
Pros
Excelentes beneficios
I love the way they talk to you and walk you through feedbacks give you three unpaid days off if you still have a hard time learning and you come back they talk to you again move you from the job you had and put you somewhere you would learn how to talk to customer. Instead of just firing you.
I worked as a stocker and the job wasn’t very difficult. You also would be sent to help cashiers pack customer purchases. Some managers were easier to deal with than others. Coworkers made the job fun.
Pros
Part time health insurance
Cons
Sometimes managers forget to give break or cant when its too busy.
Excellent computers a specialist is the best place to work if it’s management and I recommend anybody who wants to work at Costco to come in and then tried and he will she will love it and then taught how to companies management are very good good benefits good hours that will motivate you to fill out your education more and also very quality people to work with
I’ve had a great experience working here and enjoy working here, looking to fill up my evening hours with another job. I was hired as seasonal and was kept on after the seasonal period, was happy to be kept.
Ive worked there for two years part time, an then eventually brought on full time. Depends on the location but I think the culture of the job is pretty good. Little room for advancement but still a great place to work.
Costco brings a wholesome environment to its employees. Giving a space for employees to be confident in who they are but also giving a safe space for any issues or problems that may occur.
pharmacy tech position is underpaid and over worked pharmacists were great with helping to learn and answer questions the computer system is SEVERELY outdated, I transferred from CVS who had a very high up to date system which took a while to learn when moving to costco, literally like pre-historic. the pay is better and benefits are AWESOME at costco but hard to make a living as a pharmacy tech at costco, they go on years you work not the quality of the work you do.
Pros
learn about medication
Cons
under paid
I really enjoyed my stay at Costco. The management is friendly, but they also do expect hard work form all their employees. The only breaks given are for lunch and 15 minutes every two hours, so expect to work. Good pay.
Its a great place to work all together they treat there employees very well. The pay and benefiris ate very generous. They take care if people AMD are accommodating to peoples life outside work.
Costco is a good job if you have nothing to do. It pays well fifteen dollars per hour which is slightly more than the minimum wage. It is a very diverse company I love it.
Great place to work at. Lots of opportunity to move up, high starting pay, all kinds of different positions. Fantastic benefits, good amount of vacation time.
This job was a part time job that I had over the summer. Overall, I enjoyed my time with Costco Pharmacy. They had good insurance benefits, good opportunities for growth and good incentives to work there including a free costco membership.
  1. Employee Reviews