Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

31K
Found 5,174 reviews matching the search See all 7,100 reviews
Good company
Return to Vendor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAAugust 17, 2018
I have not worked for Costco in over 10 years so I am not really qualified to leave a review. From what I remember, it is a nice company and they are very good to their employees
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lots of nights and weekends
Intergity at its Best!
Pharmacy Manager/Relief pharmacist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Costco. I believe in the company's vision. The company seems to really value its employees and you could tell by how well they were treated and compensated. I know that business is business but its nice to see a company not only operates as shrewd business people but also as business people with integrity and compassion.
Pros
Flexible hours, Lunch breaks
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 16, 2018
The job itself is physical and st times challenging. I work in an area where we all work well with one another. We are quick to help where needed. Co workers are easy to get along with and work well with one another
Benefits
Cons
Challenging
Great place to get your foot in the door...or retire
Identity & Access Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 16, 2018
My experience was great! I worked here while going to college and got myself into their HQ my senior year of college. Management and my team were extremely supportive. Seems only thing that needs work is pay...you have a better chance of coming from outside the company to get a big pay bump than you do internally.
Pros
Management, Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
Competitive Pay
Great place to work if you want to make it your career path
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 16, 2018
I worked at Costco for four years. I think that it is a great company, but like I said, they don't want you there if you don't plan to stay there forever. I got a job in the field that I went to school for and that required two specific days off every week. My supervisor and immediate manager (both excellent) needed to go to the warehouse manager (not excellent) to get approval which shouldn't have been an issue. I was told that I needed to choose one or the other. I chose to leave Costco because I did not want to be there forever and would leave eventually. My situation was not handled well because I really didn't want to quit but I was not given another option.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No choice in hours
Great employer
Food Court Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2018
Had no issues with most days of work. I thoroughly enjoyed going into my job working at Costco. Management was always helpful and there if you needed anything.
I have nothing positive to say
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 16, 2018
There is nothing positive I can say about Costco. It’s a job not a career. I have bills so therefore I have to go the work. I am currently looking for a career that I will love
Pros
I have nothing positive to say
Cons
It’s not a career
Productive fun place to work
Baker/ Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CA 91942August 16, 2018
Really fast paced during holiday season. It is very fun to work here especially in the bakery! You have to stay busy because managers are always walking around watching.
seasonal
Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 16, 2018
Early mornings and long hours.
HolidaySeasonal position was very cut throat for the short season worked.
Very busy during the holiday season. a lot of people coming in and out all day.
Lack of capable management
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 16, 2018
Prior to warehouse manager leaving for a different branch, my Costco wholesale experience was great. After hiring a new warehouse manager from a different branch everything went downhill. Why change something that works perfectly for something that doesn’t? Change can be good, but not when it throws off the entire operation.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Challenging but rewarding place to work
Per diem Pharmacist, retail setting (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 15, 2018
Since being hired there, they paid for my immunization certification and also my license renewal fee. I have done enough CE credits to receive a veterinary pharmacy certificate and Costco gives me a chance to use what I've learned. I receive Costco stock as part of my compensation package, which is very useful.
Productive place with much opportunity to grow
Environmental Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 15, 2018
Working for Costco was great! This company offers so much to its employees, you are happy to arrive to work every day. During my time at Costco, I learned that there is always room for continuous improvement.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Friendly and family oriented work place
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 15, 2018
I loved working for Costco! Job was offered as temporary but I was informed ahead of time that the opportunity was available for full time employment. Costco is a company that takes care of its employees. I have not complaints in regards to the position I held at Costco
no thanks
Merchant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 15, 2018
no thanks this was just part time

after working 5 years i was not able to get full time returned to my technical mechanical work . not for those looking to work full time
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2018
Great place to work. Nice people and management. Very understanding and willing to work around schedules. Good pay, good benefits, good discounts. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
must be willing to work hard
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 15, 2018
What I have realized is that Costco expects you to work really hard. They are EOE so anyone can do any job. Transitioning from part time to full time is competitive. I can say there is room for growth in the company. it does get depressing being there for a while.
Fun and fast-paced
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 15, 2018
Its hard to get board when working the Front End at Costco. Its hard, physical work, but I enjoy it. If you aren't outside collecting carts, you're inside assisting the cashier or doing go-backs (putting merchandise back into its correct location). The employees and culture is great. Everyone is friendly.
Pros
breaks every two hours
Cons
customers
Great worl place
Deli Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Had excellent care for guest and staff teaches how to communicate with your co workers and how to give the guest great services at great deals. just a wonderful place in general
great place
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
I think is a great place to work. In this company, you can grow, we are offering a lot of opportunities. Our leader team is effective and focused. You'll love it.
Good company, but not great for life
Front End Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 14, 2018
Costco is a good company to work for. Great pay and benefits. However, work/life balance is horrible. No regular days off. My schedule was never the same week-to-week. You could close till 11:30pm one day and have to open early the next morning. Management was pretty good when I first started, but they often had managers/supervisors change, and the most current (and most permanent) managers are awful. So disconnected from employees and what makes the warehouse run smoothly, killed morale. Supervisors always kind of sucked too because they were all changing as well, so they were eternally new at their position and just awkward. Lots of attitude problems from them as well (just rude or inappropriate.) Work culture: Hit or miss. Majority of people are hardworking and good people. You'll have some bad apples of course. Job security is great though. For the first 90 days you are in a probation period - you can and will be let go, so work hard. But once you make it past the 90 days, you are pretty much guaranteed to keep your job as long as you don’t break the law, follow the rules, and treat members well. The longer you work there, the less likely you are to be let go. Costco is all seniority based. So advancement is kind of iffy. You can be the hardest worker there but you won’t get a promotion over the lazy person who has been there longer. Also if you apply for different positions and training, they might not let you just because they don’t want to have to replace you in your current area. The members are often demanding and rude to employees. One main reason for leaving is even  more... managers will tell younger people to “get out while you can.” Basically Costco is such a good company it is hard to leave after being there a few years (due to easy pay raises) so even though they are miserable working there due to the hours, physical strain, and rude members; they can’t leave because the money is too good/secure. If you don’t mind selling your life to Costco, you’ll do well. But hating my life just isn’t working for me.  less
Pros
Pay, benefits, security
Cons
Hours, management, members, advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight