Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,445 reviews matching the search
very good place to work and grow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 25, 2017
very busy and challenging. how to work well with others. kept you on your toes and very motivating. culture very organize. helping with the carts out side. Working as a team when the store got crwoded.
Pros
hellping others
Cons
when someone did not show up or call, but we made it through
Poor management
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 25, 2017
With how they treat their employees it's no wonder they can't keep people around. They are pretty unfair to their employees. I've heard countless stories about other decorators who have spent lunch breaks crying in their cars.
Pros
Great benefits, great company
Cons
Awful management
Best company
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
I would return to Costco if there was one closer to me. I love working there and would really like to go back. They are a great company and I miss working there very much!
Costco
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 24, 2017
The typical day of working stocker at Costco is waking up around 330am and driving into work. Work and life balance is very difficult to maintain, Most of the fellow employees are great and management is very accommodating to requested days off as long as you're willing to switch your days off.
Great company and excellent benefits (16 year employee)
Certified/ Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDSeptember 24, 2017
The benefits that Costco offers it's employees is unheard of in the industry. For an employee who is single, you can expect to pay $15 per pay check ($30 per month) for full medical benefits and $1 per month for dental benefits. Costco will match your 401k contribution at 50% up to $500 per pay check. The benefits alone make Costco a leader in the retail industry.
fast place to work
Front end, membership and refund center cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 23, 2017
costco is a biggest retail company, when you are a student, it is really good to work over there. you will get more paid than other retail store. and after getting hiring and you will get vacation even you are part time over there.company will fix the schedule for your school class. if you work hard and know how to talk to people and get closed to you present manager. it will help you a lot when you want to move up.
Great company
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CASeptember 23, 2017
I would recommend this company great pay, fast pace, but fun place to work. Another up side to working for costco is you get a great work out and many chances to advance in your career.
My review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Costco is the company you would think it is, it's built for people to work hard and advance, however it doesn't always work in the statement: it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know. This is very true due to the fact that you should be in the IN crowd or your chances or being promoted are very slim to none.
decent place to work depending on who you know
Sales Associate/cashier/ stocker / maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 22, 2017
decent company to work for. However, unless you know the right people, do not bother trying to move up in the company. Great benefits and good pay make it a good job if you can handle the stress and feeling unappreciated.
Pros
compensation, benefits, 401k
Cons
job culture declining rapidly. no fun, no teamwork, hard work goes unappreciated
Food court work
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2017
Worked many areas in Costco including Corp office during 14 years love the culture ...if you quit and come back it needs to be with in 1 -2 years to leave where you left off in pay. But once you bonus out you always keep your bonus. Costco has a family feel that is forever with you. work had and the doors open for you .
Pros
long term your taken care of .
Cons
low pay to start 13.50 split days off and weird hours
Overall Costco
Fast paced stock rotation and inventory management (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 22, 2017
The job is easy for the 2nd and 3rd shifters, The 1st shift is were all the action and pace is kept. But I love my area, then they moved me to a area that needed two people run in it. Then they added on another isle, it got very overwhelming. Overall working there is fun, but you need more people in some areas!
Pros
Employees are great, some managers are fun
Cons
Being overwhelmed, getting yelled at by a drunk manager!
Azusa Costco
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CASeptember 22, 2017
Great place to start working when you are a college student looking to make some money for books, supplies, etc. The staff is easy to get along with, but I find it hard to grow and make a career out of it. The managers are good people, and they have years of experience working in the warehouse. I love working the morning shifts because I get the rest of the day to myself to go to school, but the early shifts require a fast work ethic because there are multiple tasks that need to be completed before the warehouse opens for business; I would say that setting up my department is the hardest part of my job because I am the only employee in the room for two hours.
Pros
Free Executive Membership, Great Benefits, and easy going people.
Cons
Not enough pay.
It was ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 21, 2017
Management is awful and do not care about their employees besides paying them well. They will do anything to put who they want in power even if it's not fair
Goods and bad about Costco
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 21, 2017
You will receive good pay and benefits better than any other companies like them, but the management in this company or maybe just in the store I am at 246 is just terrible because my current manager can not do anything correct in the department and the General Manager knows it but is not doing anything about it.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Managers
Opportunities
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 21, 2017
If you start as a cart person or cashier's assistant at Costco and find the itch to try something different, there are many departments within Costco to experience a variety of work environments.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Many managers and supervisors with slightly different ideas of how a job should be done.
Great Place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 21, 2017
Typical day at work would consist of seeing what is left to finish for the night as closer. Cooking chickens and making sure doesnt run out and cleaning deli department. Very flexible work environment with great coworkers and managers.
Exelente
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 20, 2017
Un empleador muy buenos con buenos veneficios, y te da la oportunidad de creser mas y mas.
Pros
Muy bueno
very fast paced workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2017
overall my time at costco was well spent. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and deal with customers who are always in a hurry. Dealing with cash on hand was one of the major responsibilities that came with the job opportunity, we would have to make 3 deposits through out the day due to high customer volume. Those 3 deposits were made at 10am, 3pm, and 8pm. All counts had to be accurate upon depositing cash. The hardest part of the job was just making sure that all customer needs was fulfilled due to the fact that we had such a high volume of customers at any given time. During slow times we always made sure that our area was clean for the next set of customers that come through the door. Although being in such a fast paced environment it showed me how to think on my toes more quickly and be an avid listener so that I could create the best experience for each customer presented
Fantastic
Hilo driver (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 20, 2017
Costco was a great job. The hours just did not work for my schedule. I would have stayed here until retirement, just VERRY hard to get the shift you want.
Nice place
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Great place, I recommend this place. You get many benefits but sometimes work can be very physical and that can hurt you. The good thing is that they provide a great insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2