Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

United States10,188 reviews

Found 10,188 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,776 reviews
membershipmemberbenefitseasonalwholesalewarehousecartretail

better pay than most retailers

The people who have been working there for many years make good money about 23 hourly. You have to work there many years to make this kind of money. It can get busy especially during holidays. It was an ok place to work.

Productive and fast paced work environment

Great company to work for! They pay fairly, have great benefits and promote within the company. Highly recommend working at Costco. I gained a lot of experience while working in the warehouse.

Costco Wholesale insights

Based on 4,974 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

good company

good company and good benefits. here you can receive health insurance working part time (24 hours) and there is potential to move up. you get all major holidays off which is a nice bonus for working retail

Great job great pay

Great job if you are at the right location. Some locations can be very micromanaging and that can be a pain but overall the job is great and the pay of a great starting pay. Excellent

Solid place to work and move up within the company

Overall, pretty solid place to work. The managers and supervisors are more than less understanding and provide great leadership qualities. Coworkers are friendly and lean on each other. Besides having to work 5 days even when part time, the pay is good and somewhat works around my schedule.

Good pay, GREAT benefits, no work life balance

everyone starts part-time so there isn't any full-time perks until after 90 days of employment then you apply for open full time positions. It is a race to get in a good position there.

Productive, Fun workplace, job advancement

I had a lot of fun and a great time working for Costco. Unfortunately, I had to leave due to pursuing my career in the medical field. If it wasn’t for that I definitely would’ve stayed. I started in food court for about a year and worked my way up to work as a cashier and work as a vault clerk on the weekends. The management were amazing, friendly and were always there for you! They would guide you to the right path. I loved my coworkers! It became more of a family environment and the company really knows how to take care of their employees. I loved my time there and if you’re really thinking of having a career in the retail business then this is definitely the place for you!

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, lots of advancement

Lots of Work

Be prepared to be on your feet. I worked here during the holidays and we walked 23 miles a day during Black Friday to fill orders.I had a weird interaction with a co-worker there who said some inappropriate remarks, and when I asked my supervisors to be removed from the assigned task that worked with that coworker they relocated to me a different task but made me feel invalidated.Other than that, the work is long hours (we started work at 4:30 AM) not much work/life balance. We worked 10+ hours during the winter months, which means it was dark when I got there and dark when I got off. You are inside a huge warehouse all day and don't see the sun often.Expect heavy lifting (50+ pounds) making pallets of alcohol, which is hard on the body.Other days are super easy and you're just packaging small AirPods or speakers, but has the same monotonous movement all day.Get good walking shoes, you'll need them!Had lots of covid cases while I worked there. Staff was good about wearing masks and sharing news when a new covid case was found.Some managers were alright, others took the job way too seriously and played serious favoritism.Some co-workers are very cliquey and rude. But I've also met some of the coolest, nicest friends in the electronic department.

Pros

Good Pay, Got my steps in!

Cons

Long hours = No work life/balance

Everyone there feels lifeless.

Not really allowed to interact with other coworkers like a prison. Supervisors are always breaking rules i.e. being on phone (tiktok), and talking and just standing around.

Great people to work with.

Great company to work for, there is room for advancement with in the company. Benefits are excellent and co-workers are awesome. Management and supervisors are usually really helpful. There is an open door policy if you feel your needs aren’t being considered.

Flaws

What stood out great was the employee appreciation for their employees, free food and drinks was nice but breaks are too short in my opinion (15 minutes), the downfall was especially coworkers thinking they can have a 30 minute break leaving me more worked up in the food court area and making me work harder. At times you will be judged, in this department all they care about is improvement even if you're uncomfortable I did not appreciate this at times especially it's much more of them forcing yourself to improve and if not improving can result in a consequence. My manager often never compliments for my work but rather looks for your flaws even if its something so little and complains of what you need to work on when it's employee improvement day checkup on the list of what is need for improving, even when they weren't there majority of times and always on vacation, they will still somehow include it, work was often difficult. I had thought costco was going to be an amazing experience but boy I had thought wrong, they had hired me into food court when I had no food court experience prior forcing you to get food handler certificate and non slippery shoes when costco mentions they will reimburse for, but only reimburse for only the certificate.

Great place to work but..

Great place to work for. Pay is good and benefits are top notch. Hard workers tend to get over worked while others are allowed to slack, but sure that’s anywhere.

Productive and fun workplace.

Weekends are extremely busy, and it might feel understaffed. Weekdays are a lot more manageable. Management and coworkers were pretty friendly, and we are given two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch for every 8 hour shift.

Easy, immature work culture can be a drain.

Huge population of customers negatively impacts the work experience dramatically.Work experience is typical retail as so I have heard. It is great if you are fine with limited advancement as store associate do not have a clear ladder of advancement to follow.

Great Job

This is a fun place to work and great money. It was fun making friends and getting to know everyone. Great place to learn new things and meet new faces

Friendly

super friendly, great management, always had coworkers helping each other out. great work experience and training was superb! costco definitely a good starter job for anyone.

Good pay and benefits, not great work/life balance.

Costco is a really good job for retail. The pay and benefits are second to none. The problem is all the nights and weekends they want from you. It’s tough if you have a family or are trying to have a life.

Pros

Good pay, benefits

Cons

Long weekend hours, difficulty moving up when you don’t have seniority

Benefits great - management needs work

Benefits and pay for retail can not be beat. Management lacks leadership skills and training and a lot of behind the scenes activity between management and employees.

very very much “teacher pets /favoritism”

over critical, a lot of people there know each other, therefore that place has a LOT of favoritism . they tell you they “understand “ if something comes up, however they do dock you during your probation . first and for most they do not support you if you are a college student . besides the unfortunate downhill of it, the pay was good, hours were good.. again they expect so much out of you. SO MUCH!!

Work

Great company, I learned a lot working for Costco Wholesale. For the managers to upper management, coworkers, the structure of the job everything was great.

They don't give an f

Great company but shi**y management. If you really want to work for retail then Costco is for you and if not you might just want to stay away from it.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Management don't give an f if you're alone in your department.

Common questions about Costco Wholesale

Answered by current and former employees at Costco Wholesale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

85%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss