Costco Wholesale
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Costco Wholesale:

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA162 reviews
Awesome food stands
Awesome Company with amazing staff, well structured organization. I'd recommend if you interested in expanding your customer service skills. Costco would be a great place to get started.
Pays Extra on Sundays!
I really enjoyed my stay at Costco. The management is friendly, but they also do expect hard work form all their employees. The only breaks given are for lunch and 15 minutes every two hours, so expect to work. Good pay.
Most days are pleasent
Its a great place to work all together they treat there employees very well. The pay and benefiris ate very generous. They take care if people AMD are accommodating to peoples life outside work.
Its stressful
Costco is a good job if you have nothing to do. It pays well fifteen dollars per hour which is slightly more than the minimum wage. It is a very diverse company I love it.
Great place
Great place to work at. Lots of opportunity to move up, high starting pay, all kinds of different positions. Fantastic benefits, good amount of vacation time.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Costco Pharmacy
This job was a part time job that I had over the summer. Overall, I enjoyed my time with Costco Pharmacy. They had good insurance benefits, good opportunities for growth and good incentives to work there including a free costco membership.
Productive and informative
I learned many new skills in IT, I got exposure to many types of projects that helped further my system managment skills. Management doesn't provide much guidance but it's all good if you're resourceful. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things. Hardest part was making the commute.
It is based merely on production
As a whole Costco is a great company but the management makes it a very difficult environment to work in. It is a hard place to work at as because it is entirely about productivity. Which means it is not people orientated.
Just had too many supervisors detailing work events
Fairly decent job, but unpredictable with some changes to do something from many supervisors. Start the mornings doing one thing, hoping to complete later, not. Doing something later that day,
very competitive
It is a fast paced job. Very hard to deal with management. Co workers are very nice and friendly. Management could be better though. Wasn't a fun job.
Good people
A nice place to work with good people. Very good hours to work and the environment is safe and productive. managers seemed to care about their people and help them as needed. It was a Clean place to work and training was provided. Worker safety important.
Self-satisfying job surrounded by wonderful cultures
My typical day at work consists of me saying good morning to everyone I walk by and greet with a smile because I love the morning. My supervisor tells me where I need to be. Management tends to stay in the office most days and the hardest part of the job is definitely dealing with unhappy members, but the wonderful thing about that is when you can change somebody's perspective and experience by simply being myself and changing their day and opinion of Manassas Costco. The most gratifying experience is when members specifically come through my line because they enjoy my company and my service to them. I learn something everyday working this job because I deal with all different spectrums of human behavior and I feel like it prepares me to handle uncomfortable situations or soothe a hard moment of time.
Productive and Intense
A typical work day began with clocking and counting down your register to make sure that the person before counted correctly. Opened up the lane and began ringing members up generally quite busy. Generally for 8 hour shifts we received two 15 minute breaks which were included and a 30 minute lunch break that was not included. Occasionally we were asked to put items that had been returned back in their places and occasionally help members who needed assistance. If at the cashier position at the end of the day one would conduct a count down and deposit the money earned in a machine. Management generally was there to help with problems that may arise and told others where they should be during the shift as well as control break times. Learned multiple things mainly how to work with others as well as deal with difficult members and sometimes upper management. The most difficult part of the job was long hours, heavy lifting and an inconstant schedule. The most enjoyable part was interacting with members and coworkers from all over.
Pros
coworkers, decent pay, Sunday time and a half
Cons
heavy lifting, unorganized, long hours
Great place, but you need to put in the work
I worked part time in the evenings restocking. It's a fairly straight forward position and requires you to put in the effort to get the work done. You'll have folks that like to laze around. Ignore them and put in the work, apply for other positions in the company, and get your rotations in if you're looking long term.
Great benefits, but they start you off as part time and really only put employees who have been with the company for a long time in front of the new
Just like the title says, a great place to work at benefits wise but the location in my city puts the employees who have been with the company in front of the new employees when it comes to hours. Maybe I wasn't there long enough but that's just my opinion.
Performance summary
Clock in, get your basket, shrink wrap, tape and marker for inventory. Go to your section of the store and again stocking or moving pallets around for that week. Management was not very nice to employees but the workplace culture was very good. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting everyday on your body. The thing I enjoyed about the was it kept you busy.
Worthwhile for career employees
Working at any major retailer is a lot of physical labor. I learned how to drive a fork lift. Management was always busy but always willing to help with whatever question or concern you voiced. The culture of the workplace was a lot of career employees; there was a lot of camaraderie and employees were even friends with each other outside of work. The hardest part of the job was definitely just the physical toll it took on your body. However, I did love my coworkers and only have good memories of the position.
The time at Costco
My time at Costco was pretty good made some good friends in my coworkers and customers to. But the only two problems Costco have is some of the managers and supervisors bring their attitude from outside of work to the job talking to the employees any type of way. And the other problem is they don't care about your personal problems when it comes to them and you working
Pros
Great job to have
Cons
Managers and supervisors with their attitudes
Productive and fun enviroment
Very great place to work with great friendly upbeat staff. Very fast paced with friendly members. Great pay and benefits. 7 major payed holiday days off a year
Pros
Great pay, great work enviroment, nice friendly members, ability to move up in the company, great benefits, great staff and coworkers, will work around your schedule if needed
Cons
Bad young unknowlegable managers, prejudice managers and store
I only worked for Costco for a few months due to family obligations. My short time there was pleasant and enjoyable. The management there was great and offered support and help when needed.
Friendly, fast-paced workplace with opportunity for advancement
I worked the front-end during the holiday season, so it was long hours with lots of work, but everyone was very patient as I learned the ropes. The front-end is very speed-oriented, and cashiers are evaluated on how many members per hour they process, so it's very important that you help keep the line moving.
Everyone was very welcoming, and the supervisors seemed to legitimately care about my well-being. You're encouraged to be open about opportunities you're interested in.
Pros
Free membership, good breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Costco Wholesale.