Work wellbeing score is 74 out of 100
View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Stocker Review

Long time employee

When you start out you have the feeling like I can go somewhere with this company. Hard work and dedication pays off? Years go by and you learn that your hard work, dedication and wanting to be promoted are not possible due to favoritisms by management. When they need something from you they listen but when you need something from them it goes in one ear and out the other. Don’t get me wrong their are some supervisors and managers that are fair but the bad outweighs the good. Many years later older and wiser you sit and think why am I still here? It’s a job? There are so many people out there without one? Is it time to move on? Doesn’t have to be like this. Store managers if your out there reading this just be fair. Your employees are out there working for you treat them with the respect they deserve. Correct the problems it starts with you. Every employee deserves the opportunity you had without favoritisms but just from hard work and dedication. Look around don’t be shaded by who’s kissing your butt. A good leader can say they are a good leader but best ones don’t say it they show it!

Pros

If you work here long enough the pay isn’t that bad

Cons

Started out feeling like your on top of the world, end up feel like you wasted time and energy in a company breeds poor management style.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Manageament is very strict

I enjoy the job it has great benefits and room to grow your salary yearly but the manageament micromanages everything and are always on top of you
Same role

Fast Paced and busy place to work

You go in the back of the store, grab a fork lift, plastic wrap, go to the front and grab a cart and a flat bed (flat beds are often hard to find). You have to sign in exactly at 5 am, so people will wait in a line to clock in. You have to take initiative as there is not a lot of direction to start but it isn't rocket science, you figure it out.

Pros

I like the pace of being a morning stocker, I took pride in seeing my aisle filled and looking good for our customers, there was opportunities to stick around an extra 3 hours a day to make a little bit of money, the managers don't micro-manage and give good feedback, they insist you take your 15 minute break, benefits are great.

Cons

It can be challenging to wake up at 4 am for a 4:30 am shift, I have enjoyed the forced discipline of having to wake up.
Same location

i don't know what the fuss is all about

the best thing about working here is you have an easy job.but the pay is not good, not enough hours, 5 hour shifts in middle of the day, no communications with management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits