Costco Wholesale

• Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

Fast paced environment

If you work hard you will advance up the ladder. I worked In the food court for 8 months and the supervisor position opened up I applied and was hired for supervisor I went from 14.50 per hour and when I left in 2021 I was making 26.95 an hour work hard and they will notice

Productive Workplace

Costco is an extremely fast-paced environment at times, however they pay very well. They have opportunities to help you progress, for when opportunities come up.

Pretty good company

Okay place to work. Can be very stressful in food court area if management is not on point. Competitive when it comes to moving up and position changes.

Great company bad location

Don't build relationships and stay to urself... the warehouse suck do to many people not respecting the 5 core values of Costco.. But the Deposit are amazing U work and people are around are like family

Pros

Great pay, great benefits

Cons

Members and some co workers don't respect others culture one the top Costco rules

Great entry level job with amazing benefits.

Really good job with opportunity for advancement. A lot of in store politics. Management is 50/50. Many are only looking to climb the ladder with little care about the business. Others are solid with good intentions.

Pros

Great benefits, good pay

Cons

In store politics.

Great company to work for

Good company to work for, many opportunities for advancement, great benefits. However, the only con your life revolves around Costco . No set schedule

Great Company, Great Pay, Management Sucks

I loved my experience with Costco. Its one of the best companies to work for. My coworkers are great but as far as management, they get a thumbs down.

Awesome Job

Its a great place to work and has great career opportunities! They people who work at Costco are like a family. They treat you right and will gladly show you the ropes.

Everyday was different, with new challenges

Reporting weekly, monthly results. Driving sales by teaching and training employees on always providing top quality items. Improving productivity always, finding better solutions speaking to suppliers and buying team. Dealing with equipment issues. Helping to solve day to day issues. Analysing inventory counts and profit margins each month. Setting sales and payroll budgets and goals to meet. Working out on the road alone managing my own time. Lots of job prospects, promotions from within. Good stability. Good team positive approach. Meeting new people all the time. Opening new buildings all over the UK and Europe was a very good part of the job.

Pros

Bonus, Good benefits, medical cover, dental cover.

Cons

Away from home 3 nights a week

Great place to work for students

College Job. Great for students. Competitive pay and was allotted time off to study. Never got any time off denied in order to study for exams. Worked well with my school schedule.

Excellent Company...

Costco is an excellent place to be employed. The pay is comparatively higher than other jobs of the same type. The benefits are very good. The issue I have are with upper level management. They become stagnant and lazy. They are less inclined to mentor and educate middle management, so they can gain proper experience and knowledge. It's a great company and I'm not going to hate on it.

Pros

Salary, Vaca days, full benefits for p/t also

Cons

They contact you on your days off, difficult to cultivate work/life balance

Costco Seasonal Employment

Costco employment by far exceeded all standards I was use to in working for a large retail employer. The pay was very nice and mostly everyone they hire had great work ethics. My only downfall with Costco employment was that I was judge for my seasonal work at the end of the season by a supervisor that had hardly work with me. She would open the food court and I would close it. I worked really Hard allot harder I believe then allot of the seasonal workers yet i was not kept. The person with the power to decide in hiring full-time employment out of the seasonal workers and gave the ranking on each individual was someone who had never worked a shift with me. I was doing allot of side work in other departments for the people above her in the chain of command yet when final week comes i get put in ranking towards the bottom. I guess I should have learned who to really please first at the Vista Costco store. Great job overall tho wish they would have kept me.

Costco Wholesale

Depends on the Department. Its a happy work enviroment. Costco puts its members and employees first.

Benefits

Cons

Memberships

Great work environment

I quickly became a food court supervisor.Hard work payed off greatly by me standing out and being promoted even though i did not have any seniority.

Pros

free soda in break room.

Cons

there was no cons i loved this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

85%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss