Costco Wholesale

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

Pay & benefitsIt depends on the amount of hours that you work you accrued your sick time and vacationJob security and advancementThe ladder to loss prevention is very slim. But that is everywhere. So yes it is hard to move up in LP. But there's other things that you can do inside the store if you enjoy doing something else.ManagementThey're tough but they're Fair.CultureGreat place to work. And Shop. Associates at first or hard to get to know but once they get to know you everything kind of works together for the goodOverallThe culture is do your job do it well and everything is going to be good. We all work as a team when it comes down to it we help each other out and that is really nice. We all work hard together as a team.

Great Company

Costco is a great company to work for. It has great benefits and wonderful people and members. Costco really cherishes their members and will do anything to make them happy.

Care more about members

They take members side all the time over employees even if they’re wrong. Environment is clique oriented and very hostile. Keep you away from your family

COSTCO; Not Recommend

The Management at the COSTCO in Pewaukee, Wisconsin showed a bias against workers above 30 yrs old. I was warned about this from other workers at this location when I started working there. There is no consistency in work schedule. For example, If you are hired as part-time employee, you are scheduled so sporadically that you might as well be a full-time employee. However, if you are a full-time employee, you are worked so much that you have no life outside of your work.

Pros

Cheap food

Cons

The Management at the COSTCO in Pewaukee, Wisconsin showed a bias against workers older than 30 yrs old.

No understanding of position

The benefits were really great management seems a little confusing and organized. No real training unless you need to drive a forklift. Advancement was easy for the people they liked. Would not recommend a job for anyone over 30.

Pros

Free membership, vision at the store

Cons

Lack of Direction from management

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Very good place to work

Very Good Place to work Opportunity for advancement Great management team Must have strong work ethics in order to work there successfully Great benefit

Comfortable enviroment

As a professional the environment is stable. Friendly for the most part. I would recommended the company to anyone it has great benefits. Needs improvent in manager and confidentiality and fairness

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Office drama

Na

The culture is poor, the management is poor, if you have any education do not apply because it wont be appreciated. When I turn in my 2 weeks notice, that will be my best day at the job. Every day that I walk in that warehouse, a little bit more of me dies.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Everything else

bad management at this location

not very enjoyable no movement and no big support from any managers. good for people who like an easy unproductive job was let go for doing my job. managers know nothing about loss prevention

Pros

free samples

Interesting and fun work

Traveled to various locations and worked undercover shoplift detail, employee investigations and interrogations for company losses. Also reviewed sales paperwork for auditory purposes.

Pros

Different retail experience, more challenges and good benefits.

Cons

Lots of travel and lack of advancement opportunities.

I am not a fan.

These are very few good things to say about Costco loss prevention. The department was just sort of tacked on and is under funded, under trained, and under motivated.

Pros

Good pay check.

Cons

Everything else.

The best in comunication with employees

This is my best time in loss prevention position because I learned the importance for accountability in all areas at the warehouse.

Costco Wholesale Trading

Work was dynamic environment,required multitasking and attention to detail with the security of the personnel an facility in mind. Dealt with all types of people and listen to their problems and if they were having a productive day. Learned to a better listener and communicator. Management was responsive to any issue. My coworkers are missed since resigning this position to care for my elderly mother. Hardest part of the job is none and the most enjoyable part is that teamwork made it easy.

Pros

Enviroment was always supportive with patience and communication.

Cons

This position is only in Issaquah WA.

Costco is a family based in philosophy. They pay their employees well above the national rate by way of comparison. Costco believe that employees are the most important assets in the company. The management staff truly believe in leading form the front and does a great job of instilling ownership, and confidence into every employee. Work & life balances are not an issue with this company at all. Health insurance and and holiday benefits are second to none.

Pros

7 paid holidays per year, employees bonus every six months, pay raises and cost of living adjustments are constantly updated

Cons

Promotions with in the company are very competitive, unless you are able to move out of state to go after the promotion.

Best Company I have ever worked for.

If offered a job take it, you wont regret it. I had to leave for health reasons, and plan to return one day when I can. Great pay and advancement opportunities. Willing to work with your personal life when it comes to scheduling. Great training. They start most people off at part-time but worth the wait for a full-time to apply for. Starting pay is normally 11.00 per hour with raises guaranteed, your raises come by your hours worked they have a scale they follow. Great benefits too. Fun atmosphere to work in.

Pros

great pay and benefits, great management, advancement opportunities, great holiday parties

Cons

have none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.1K
4K
1.9K

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

85%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Costco Wholesale with

Popular locations for Loss Prevention Officer in US

Explore similar careers
  • Costco Wholesale
  • Loss Prevention Officer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?