Costco Wholesale
Coronavirus update
Information from Costco Wholesale:

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in New York, NY

New York, NY45 reviews
I loved working at Costco it was a fairly easy job. With flexible hours and a safe environment to work. Management was friendly and my co workers were awesome and super supportive
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Income
Have to be ready for major pressure and got to have long patients. If you dont have those for sure you wont stay in the job to long. Just stay positive. Challenges everyday. You never know whats in the air.
Overall it was a transition into something stronger. Costco had weak management and my education accomplishments didn't want me to stay there too long.
The company really serves and puts the customer first. Costco has a variety of departments and you are pretty much trained to do almost everything also they are very diverse have all kinds of different people working.
Warehouses are often short-handed. People are often promoted who have no people or managerial skills. Managers are rarely held accountable for their personal behavior. Costco is no longer a family-oriented company. There are more unhappy employees than happy employees, including those who have been there many years.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
This is a job you have to be ready for. Very up-tempo and you need to be flexible.good cultural environment and the customer are always a pleasant to be around.
It was a few different managers on the floor coordinating together. I really didn't stay too long working there to see if there was any room for advancement because it seemed like there wasn't. The job was very easy yet tedious as far as my position. But the pay was great at the time and still is. Only thing is you get paid bi-weekly.
very thankful for the time there, great company they really take care of there workers. great benefits, a lot of growth within the company really great company.
I was a sales rep so I wasn't technically working for Costco but it was fine except when we were talked to by Costco managers. Other than that, It was easy to work with customers.
Fun fast paced work environment. Great employee benefits. Free Executive Membership for employees and three family members. Growing company. Can make Costco into a career.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Managers are overworked and under paid
The benefits outweigh all the negatives. And the automatic pay raises create a fair environment. Theres too many managers/supervisors so sometimes it gets stressful but it’s a wonderful company.
Working a short time with Costco was not an experience I would've expected. The Pharmacy Manager showed complete favoritism and doesn't really have managerial experience. For a slow pharmacy 3 full time technicians isn't needed. In 1 week they expect you to learn, know and do everything the job requires even if you haven't work with that system before. I felt more like a well paid cashier then a National Board Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of team work
It was an easy job I just wasn’t able to switch or they wouldn’t flex my hours. They also would not train me to work on the register with the transaction processing.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks & 30 minute lunch break.
Cons
The shifts.
All I have to say is that working at food court is not easy. I have learned how to measure things in order to make food properly. Management do not worry for their employees in the way they should do. Sometimes in my department, we do not even have time to take our 15 minutes paid break just because it is too busy and there is not enough employees on the department. We always need to ask for help from the front end in order to cover our lunches. The department needs more staff. It gets so busy and no employees to serve the members right. We are always struggling. The hardest part of the job is CLOSING because there is only two closer and everything needs to be done by 11:00pm , having in mind that the store closes at 8:30pm. It is so difficult, and we always rushing to try to finish on time. There is no way to enjoy at food court.
A lot of favoritism with certain people you have to kiss butt to move up just do your job and stay out the way and out of people business so you don’t get caught up in gossip
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Place can be like a high school
You have a lot of opportunities if you want it however management can be very difficult sometimes even unprofessional. It's about who you know.The pay and benefits are great . Overall they are a good company that treats their employees fair.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Crazy schedule
This job taught me the effectiveness of teamwork and how it's used to keep every part of the business functioning. The management was tough and always trying to stay productive.
Working for Costco was a good experience great communication and people skills good organization, detailing and customer service and helpful co workers.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low starting salary for price of living in tri state area
The job was rather simple and not too demanding in the sense of you have a specific job here is how you do it so get it done fast and correctly but safely
Pros
high pay rate
I enjoyed working in costco as tire installer but one thing I dont like is they dont have any specific job description, I applied as tire installer and they accepted me but when the tire shop has few costumer on that day they immediately transfer you to supermarket as cleaner, assistant to cashier and sometimes cart attendant. After the off season they will tell you to stop working on the following month theyre not hiring you on permanent position but for seasonal and temporary position only
Starting off at Costco was pretty great till management treats you like your nothing. Everyone seemed so nice till you walked out of the room and they start talking bad about you. Multiple times they would throw all the trash on the ground and leave a mess. No one would tell you they were leaving and leave you with the whole mess to clean up cause they think it’s funny. Also, there is people working there with serious drug problems . There is a select few worker that really put in good work though, but good people are hard to come by that work there
Pros
Freelance
Cons
Social media
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.
5.6K
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight