Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 8,091 reviews
Hardworking job helping out with lots of customers
Warehouse Demo Service (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Restocking items , cleaning up around the store , scanning items making sure their in the right place cashier helping with customers making sure everyone is happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work at. Fast paced & time goes by fast
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 1, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the quick hours. I learned how to run a company from the CEO to the stockers. The work place environment is fast paced but relaxed.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
15 min break, bad management
Great!
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  4100 quaker bridge rdNovember 9, 2018
Wonderful work environment. Like every job you have your ups and downs, but in this facility there are more positive outcomes than negative. Easy Job.
Pros
Free coffee, comfortable break room, employee satisfaction, positivity
Cons
some heavy labeling and negative judgement, leadership can be a bit better
Fun workplace environment with a good management and merchandise team
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 25, 2018
I enjoy conversing with coworkers during breaks. Daily conversation with coworkers include back and forth banter on sports. My workday starts at 7:00 with clocking in and then collecting cardboard throughout the building before opening. I enjoy the fast paced atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is having my daily pre opening tasks done before opening.
Pros
Benefits and healthcare package, free membership, friendly college sports banter
0k for Part time Job
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2018
Fast Paced , Young Management, no consistent time scheduling. Work environment can be stressful and Management can be intimidating. Overall if you are willing to work hard you will do just fine.
Fast-paced and very cold!
Warehouse Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 19, 2018
I worked in refrigerated distribution. A typical work day would to breakdown incoming orders, separate, and pack them for shipments to the stores. This was all done in below 50 degree temps.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
cant cover your face to prevent breathing in cold air.
It was fun
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 12, 2018
Good fun job. good experience. i learned a lot. i met a lot of great people. Unfortunately the management was not treating people fairly and i had to resign.
Toxic workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, MDMay 20, 2018
Pay is great, but management often reminds you that you are expendable. Very few kind people. Toxic masculinity runs rampant. I was hired part time and ended up working over 50 hours most weeks. This is not an issue for me, however if you took any days off you would most certainly not make it past your 90 days, which is how long they treat you like trash. I heard it is a great job after the 90 days, though.
Fast paced work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 5, 2018
Required an abundance of physical labor throughout your day and consistent work was provided. Management was very organized and helpful with all associates.
fun place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 4, 2018
good place to work i really liked it and they offered a decent amount of pay compared to other jobs everyone was really nice and cool to be around they always help and give feedback that is meant to help you grow.
Productivity is strong and work with in a line
Helper of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dr, Monroe Township, NJ 08831April 23, 2018
About the company Costco I can say that it is a company that works with lot of tension, has very bad Administracion and little consideration to the employee.
Pros
Few microwaves and at lunch too many people and it does not give us the the time.
Typical warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILApril 16, 2018
Typical warehouse work. Worked in the freezer side of the warehouse. Used electric pallet jacks to move merchandise around the warehouse. Costco cares about its employees.
decent work place
Front warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Hawaii Kai, HIApril 15, 2018
layed back environment, management is decent with open door policy but some managers have poor investigation skills and coworkers for the most part are friendly but some very aggressive
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
poor management
Very competitive, management was great but workers are very competitive.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Otay Mesa, CAApril 4, 2018
The morning shift was great and so was the management but the night and afternoon shift are the worst. The staff is rude and don't pay attention to your needs and the workers are competitive the give you "tips" to look bad.
Great spot to build a career or just work in-the-meantime
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMarch 28, 2018
Fun to work inside the warehouse. I unfortunately worked int the food court;awful experience then again, I hate working food service. Terrible manager, very rude and seemingly discriminatory. A friend works as a manager and he does decently. Lots of hours tho.
Pros
usually fairly cool co-workers; days go by fast.
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I don't have much to say about the job. I liked every aspect of Costco. People are great to work with and they are flexible.
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2018
I thought I wanted to retire so I took a pay off havent worked in 4 yrs want to get back in the work force. I cant go back with the same salary at costco I would have to start all over again as a new hire I dont want to do that.My course ran out with them rather work some where else. A typical day at costco went to work at 4am I stocked the sales area made decisions were every thing is displayed and stocked it.When the store opened I was a salesperson in electronics and jewelry. The hardest part of my job was stocking the the area
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Walking on concreit all day
This is a fun enviornment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Costco is great place to work and it is very interactive. getting your work done while conversing with the awesome guests. There all members, so you learn them by name basis
Costco Wholesale
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 19, 2018
I liked this job and would have liked to continue after my internship was over. I often worked before the store was open and did not really have the chance to interact with customers like I wanted to.
Pros
Quiet working environment
Cons
Short shifts
cool workplace i liked that the warehouse had the costco kitchen in it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Typcal day at work you would
clock in and go to your deptartment then they would tell you what you would do for the day.I worked in packing so I would use an RF gun and scan the picked orders and make sure they were correct then package them and send them down the line to be packed for shipping.
Pros
free lunches for hard work
Cons
not enough parking in parking lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight