Costco Wholesale Employee Review

View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2013
Costco is a family based in philosophy. They pay their employees well above the national rate by way of comparison. Costco believe that employees are the most important assets in the company. The management staff truly believe in leading form the front and does a great job of instilling ownership, and confidence into every employee. Work & life balances are not an issue with this company at all. Health insurance and and holiday benefits are second to none.
Pros
7 paid holidays per year, employees bonus every six months, pay raises and cost of living adjustments are constantly updated
Cons
Promotions with in the company are very competitive, unless you are able to move out of state to go after the promotion.

Other Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Nepotism Galore! Token blacks are promoted in record time....people who enjoy bullying others to self promote instead of mentor.
Cruise Vacation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 25, 2018
Horrid place to work for women over 40. You'll go nowhere while you watch the young idiots with less experience or knowledge get promoted quickly because mommy works there....or a supervisor who has to justify their job by bullying others.
Pros
retirement plan is good.
Cons
everything else.
excellent
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 25, 2018
Wonderful place to work, supervisors and co-workers were great. I got to start work at a brand new store in Pearland Texas which was very exciting. the whole store worked in concert to make sure our store was close to perfect when we opened from merchandise to customer services, nothing was too good for OUR customers and it paid of with word of mouth excellent service thru the neighborhood and surrounding counties. Having worked in an office environment most of my life I felt at ease and very appreciative of my position at Costco, I was actually making people smile for real. the excellent goods and services Costco supplied made our jobs so much easier,I would be honored to be a part of the Costco family again anytime.
Pros
excellent services and employees
Cons
very few, mostly not being able to satisfy everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
53.1K
42.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight