Costello Construction Employee Reviews

Great, successful employer that cares tremendously for its employees
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 16, 2019
I am indebted to this company and its President - Mr. David Costello for the incredible opportunities provided. I will continue to strive diligently both for my own professional improvement and also for my company's betterment. The company environment is very positive and motivates me to work harder and succeed in my professional endeavors.
Pros
Excellent, complex construction projects that help an employee grow professionally, Plenty of support/resources from management to excel on the job, Treated like family rather than employee/co-worker, Very professional working environment and ethic, Excellent health benefits and compensation package, Management always available to hear employee grievances if any
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Example:Great place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed that job, left to my own resources to get my job done. It was a small construction company that was just getting off the ground, it was nice to be at the beginning of something new, unfortunately it didn't work out
Pros
got along well with my boss, great to work for
Cons
No benefits
March 30, 2018

Thanks so much for the comment, but this is assigned to the wrong Costello Construction. We are located in Columbia, Maryland and are a well established 25 year old General Contracting company completing projects in the Baltimore Washington Metro area.

Was Great
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 9, 2017
There is an old adage that "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Unfortunately, that was not the case at CCM. We have had numerous changes made throughout the last year that have resulted in some frustration.

Prior to those changes, I had no complaints about my position, responsibilities, or our team.
March 30, 2018

Thank you for your comments. While change is not always comfortable, it is a part of every successful business. Costello Construction strives to excel in a very competitive market space, for this to happen we must consistently evaluate our team, processes and strategies and sometimes this evaluation leads to change designed to propel us forward. We invite you to discuss with your supervisor or senior leadership if you have ideas of how we can be better, feedback good or bad is always welcome.

Horrible
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 28, 2016
Never work for this company. They do not care as you as a person only whether or not the job gets done. Long hours and left feeling guilty if you leave on time. Management does not communicate and people are always in the dark. Favoritism towards some employees.
March 16, 2017

Thank you for your comment and candor.

Costello Construction is a family owned business that is fortunate to have a very solid and tenured team with many employees who have been with us for more than a decade.

Dedication, commitment, hard work and diligence are a part of our culture and is what has kept us growing for nearly 25 years. We recognize that this environment may not be for everyone and we do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Hard work and great pay
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 10, 2015
-Maintaining high quality work, Constructing walls, sheetrock, taping & texturing, painting, finish work, demolition.
- I learned allot about how to do construction. It hassock in handy a number of times and was a great job.
- The manager was a member of my family. He and I usually worked on a small crew. everyone got along really well and just got down to work so he was a really great example to me of a good manager.
- My coworkers were all really nice and hard working.
- The hardest part about the job was the instability of the work schedule. You never new how long it would be before the next job which made it undependable as far as work goes.
- the most enjoyable aspect of the job was how much money I made for the work.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Instability of the work.
March 16, 2017

Hi Thanks for commenting on Costello Construction, Unfortunately I think you may be referencing another company as we are located in Columbia, Maryland and are a mid size commercial building contractor. Our schedules are full for years due to the size of the projects that we support.

You are an island
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Costello succeeds because of the dedication of its employees, but in order for you to succeed at Costello, you must make Costello your only priority. I was told within three days of working there "if you give 100% of yourself to this job, you will only be here 6 months. You need to give a lot more if you want to truly succeed here."

If you are young and eager, have a thick skin and want to throw yourself into your work, Costello is the place for you.

Hi,
Thank you for your comments on Costello Construction. We are glad that you recognize what a stellar team we have.

We are proud of our team, and through their dedication and hard work have grown to be a commercial contractor known for the highest commitment to quality. This commitment requires us to be driven to push ourselves to be the best and our most successful team members are indeed those that consistently deliver 100% or more each day however Costello Construction is and always has been a family owned and operated company that values work life balance as much as they do hard work.

It is a company where you have the opportunity to learn
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 1, 2014
I think this company offers very good job opportunities but in my view not enough to say That you will have a good future, there are times When info we have to work under very extreme weather and hours straight
Pros
15 minute break
Cons
increasing difficult to get, no holiday pay, difficult working environment

Hi,
Thank you for your review of Costello Construction and we are happy that you recognize the good job opportunities we have. We are pleased to be growing and therefore always looking to hire good people.
The construction business is a tough one with work most often completed outside and affected by extremes in weather which can range from very hot to very cold in the Maryland area. However, the safety of our team is a first and foremost concern, therefore if work conditions are considered unsafe or hazardous our work days are delayed.
This continues to be our standard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costello Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

Costello Construction Reviews by Location