Cotiviti Inc. Employee Reviews

Records Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 12, 2019
There is always some around to help you when your in need. You receive benefits from day one of training when hired as a full time employee, and you are off on holidays with pay.
Benefits
Cons
Very strict about attedance.
Great Workplace with room to grow and learn
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2019
Cotiviti provided me with opportunities to grow within the orgnization. The benefits and compensation are top notch. The best thing is you are provided work from home days to beat the Atlanta traffic.
Helped upgrade my depression
Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 16, 2019
Working here was one of the worst times in my life. Management is terrible and will write you up for simple mistakes. One girl was fired for being LITERALLY a minute late from her lunch break. Everyone here talks about everyone and will stab you in the back before you know it. It felt like high school in the work place. But at least they buy lunch every Wednesday to make up for the working conditions! 🙃 The job itself was awful too. It was super repetitive and boring work. Not rewarding in any way. Please, for your own mental health, do not work here.
Pros
Don't drug test
Cons
Just about everything else
Great workplace with a very kind management
Medical Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTMay 12, 2019
For me I enjoyed my time with the company. If you do not enjoy office jobs then it can be a very mentally taxing job, but if you like the office environment I could not recommend this company more
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Not a job for somebody who doesn't enjoy the office work place
Training was fun but as soon as the real job starts it's very hard to do long term.
Records retrieval agent (Former Employee) –  DraperMay 10, 2019
During the four weeks of training I thought I really liked the job and the company. I liked my trainer and I had a fun group of people in my training class.

When training was over and the real job started I realized it's actually very hard to sit in one spot and make call after call for 8 hours straight. I also realized I wasnt as well trained as I thought. They dont really explain very well what exactly the projects are and what they mean. So when you have a doctor or receptionist asking why we're asking for records you cant really give a very good answer and end up making the company and yourself look bad. You cant just hand your mic over to a supervisor either and have them take over if you're struggling with your call.

I was also under the impression that since we are not cold calling or trying to sell something that we wouldnt be annoying people or dealing with angry people but that wasnt true at all. You can have a receptionist explicitly tell us to only call on certain days, or ask us to please stop calling for updates so much and there's really no way to control whether another agent will get that site on their computer and give them a call when they asked us not to. You can set the call back for a certain day, but workforce can and will override that and set the call back for sooner. Which sets the next caller up for a call with an angry receptionist.

I also felt like there was too much pressure to be assertive.

The biggest disappointment I faced there was the fact that you have to be a ROC agent for at least 6 months before you can apply for any other
  more... positions. I did really like the benefits and the idea of other positions that would be better suited for me but I could not stand to go through 6 whole months in the call center in order to be eligible for those jobs. If you're absent 3 days within that 6 months you have to wait even longer to be eligible. Doctor's notes do not excuse any absences, either.

They also started mandatory overtime for everyone, 8 hours is hard enough when you're barely moving and doing the same thing over and over so I was not okay with that.
Pros
Free lunch every wednesday. Good benefits.
Cons
Sitting in one spot pretty much all day, the work is very repetitive, The doctors and receptionists answering the phones can be rude, Training was not all that sufficient
My supervisor and team were amazing
Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 3, 2019
When I first started I had a rude and arrogant supervisor. Luckily after a month I got a new supervisor due to changes. I loved her!! The only reason I stayed for so long. Our team had such a good vibe and we all understood each other on all levels. The reason I left is because in the past few years this company went from Mediconnect, Verisk, Verscend, and currently Cotiviti. Change is happening every single day. If you are a hard worker don't count on getting a promotion. I was here for over a year and most of those months I consistently was in the top 10 for my solid work and stats. Since they merged with Cotiviti good people got let go and now a lot of the tenured agents and employees are leaving. My team was split up and now 4 of us are leaving . I wouldn't recommend working unless you love change, stress, feeling under valued, and being under paid. Also if you get a yearly raise they are ridiculously low.
Pros
Co workers, and Supervisor
Cons
Everything Else
Poorly managed
Audit Support (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 2, 2019
This company or should I say the department is going under. There is no room for advancement, upper management relies on temps to get a portion of the work out. There is little to no training. There is no recognition, or any acknowledgment towards the dedication you put in as an employee. Everyone has something to say, but no one actually says or try to make difference. If you give advise on something it never is put to use. Working here you have no voice. Cotiviti high is their second name. Full of drama and real clicky.
Do not apply..
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2019
Do not apply...The management is very unclear on tasks.Unqualified managers, rude team leads, didn't provide advancement, they do not want you to succeed,whole environment very bad. Productivity was set too high.
Pros
remote
Fast paced and productive
Records Processing Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 17, 2019
I worked in RPI swing shift. I had a great relationship with my team lead, my team, and our managers. I loved my team. I loved working there and would go back in a heart beat but they're located in Utah and I am now in Oregon.
Pros
Free lunches on Wednesday
Cons
Good healthcare but expensive.
Toxic
Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 16, 2019
Toxic workplace managed by sociopaths who would rather make friends than manage a department. The work floor feels like high school as their are many gossip cliques willing to bad mouth a co-worker for little more than entertainment. It is always feast or famine, either mandatory overtime or "voluntary" time off.
Cons
Literally everything
Some fantastic leadership unfortunately coupled with sub par mile management
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 16, 2019
Learning to be a multi-billion dollar organisation takes time BUT product development and client retention should not be back burner initiatives like they are at Cotiviti. I hope the leadership see fit to embrace that rather solely focus on maximizing profit to fund the next acquisition or pay for the last one.
Lots of changes recently, but interesting place to work
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 26, 2019
The company had many changes in the last 6 years. It's core business is still the same, but the direction of IT, Finance changed frequently, and the changes did not result in any huge outcome.
Workplace culture
Implementations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
My overall workplace experience was great. Unfortunately due to the sell of the company my position was eliminated. Management was very helpful and provided assistance when needed.
Pros
People friendly
Cons
Didn't provide much of a career path.
A good jump off Point
Data Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 14, 2019
This company is a good starting position it can give people a lot of experience to build on. In many cases the management team was short sighted and did not do what was in the best long term interest of the company.
bad management
Senior Audit Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 8, 2019
didn't provide advancement. fair compensation was hard to negotiate.it was like pulling teeth. I did not receive yearly raise. they did not provide assessments
Great atmosphere and productive culture
Audit Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 6, 2019
Cotiviti is a great place to work for and a friendly office environment to work in. The retail auditing industry appears to be a volatile work environment due to ever-changing conditions with client contracts expiring. Creates job uncertainty although, Cotiviti appears flexible in being able to re-position auditors and staff onto other accounts. Enjoyed time there overall, and would not rule out returning under the right circumstances.
Pros
No micro managing, Flexible work hours, great people
Cons
Volatility of accounts, high stress, little training
Stay away
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 6, 2019
Not a light weight environment for sure
Very unorganized new owners that seem clueless
Highly political managers
You can never trust what management says
Pros
Some real nice people used to work there
Cons
Unrealistic deadlines
Old management was great
Director, IT Production Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2019
Original Cotiviti management was great. Career growth, work life balance and compensation were great. Experience went downhill since the company was sold to new management.
A little boring but great flexibility
Retail Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 1, 2019
The workload at the beginning can be very boring and repetitive but the workplace is very relaxed. You listen to music and podcasts the entirety of the day. They have open office hours so as long you get your 40 hours for the week they typically don’t care if you show up late or leave early
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2019
This is a great place to work. Very diverse and the co-workers are friendly and polite. The cons are that in such a big place there no room to advance. Like all big places, new management has acquired the company and everyone is playing the wait and see approach.
Pros
Lunches, laid back
Cons
No room for advancement, too big to change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cotiviti Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight