Cotiviti Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management
Claim Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Nobody can be trusted in this department. I never worked in a place where I was constantly harassed for nonsense. Meaning I was being accused for things that were non work related. Also my worked was being tampered with by the team lead and management. Would never recommend this place to anyone.
Cons
Not bad but could be better
Implementation Testing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
Nice place to work, very flexible. Office politics get in the way of advancement and improvements. Management is generally chosen based on "friendships" and not ability to do the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micromanagement. Little opportunity for advancement.
This is the best job I've ever had.
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2018
There's something about the values fit, the people in our leadership, the mission, the learning opportunities, and the content of the work that makes this company and my role fulfilling to me.

If you are considering working for this company, there are some things you should know. It's a pretty analytical group of people. My office is pin-drop quiet on a lot of days and we don't gather socially very frequently. As an extrovert, I thought that would bother me, but working through lunch helps me get out of the office sooner and beat the unbearable Atlanta perimeter area traffic. We recently moved into a new open office environment that has taken some getting used to in terms of traffic and privacy. But I must admit I've interacted with a LOT more people from other departments since we moved. And the environment is so much cooler and in line with where we are heading as a tech company.

The people I work with truly care about each other. We struggle with spinning too many plates at a time, and yet, if someone on my team needs help, we'll drop everything to pitch in. So collaboration looks a lot more like solving a big problem together and less like going on a bowling outing. I have close friends at work that span the globe, and have gotten some of the best coaching of my life from my peers and boss.

You should also know that if you don't like change you should probably work somewhere else. The organization is ambitious in what it intends to accomplish, which shows up in org changes, operating model shifts and technology. That means we get to learn and develop
  more... at a swift pace. We could use more discipline around prioritization and there are times that I wish we would commit to working through the tough times on a program or initiative. There's a fine line between purposeful pivots when something isn't working and giving up because the work is harder or takes longer than we thought.

Building leadership skill is a focus for the company, though like many technical fields, we have some leaders who would have been better off in individual contributor roles. From my point of view, that issue has a sizeable impact on engagement levels and people experiencing the company in vastly different ways.

I get to work from home 2 days per week, which is a game changer for me and my family. More PTO would be nice, but remote working helps in terms of managing stress and optimizing personal time.

Is the company perfect? Nope. Is every day filled with bliss? Nope. But I wouldn't trade the experience I've had here for anything.
Pros
work from home 2 days/week, casual dress, really smart people, learning opportunities, meaningful work, variety of projects
Cons
traffic near Atlanta office, since IPO there is a shorter term focus, constant change feels chaotic for many, portions of leadership struggle with transparency
Flexible and professional
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
Good interaction and mutual respect between all groups of IT (QA, development, network and data admins). Agile environment, flexible work hours and opportunity to improve technical skills with Lynda Training or reimbursement for approved coursework.
Productive environment with great employees
Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 23, 2018
Cotiviti is a leading provider of analytics-driven payment accuracy and network value solutions in order to eliminate low value care. Managed and oversaw the process of capturing and integrating healthcare data to ultimately assess and score healthcare providers.
Pros
great coworkers
Falling apart
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 22, 2018
This company is on a downward spiral. Career advancement and training are non-existent. Toxic culture post-acquisition. IPO exacerbated terrible state of affairs. No attempts to retain talent but numerous attempts to force attrition through terrible work environment. Horribly mismanaged. Run.
Little room for advancement
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 8, 2018
The company has a huge staff of data analysts, converting a billion SQL databases to an automated framework that will need a small portion of that staff; so there is a scramble to be one of the survivors. Good pay, ok management, not a flexible environment and not very friendly - very reserved culture is shaped by accountants and lawyers - not a fun software workplace. Of course some people like that, and it's nice to have quiet.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Dubious opportunities for advancement, inflexible hours, leave your personality at home.
Great Pay with unrealistic expectations
Auditor II (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 27, 2018
The company pays very well but has unrealistic expectations all while touting promoting a work/life balance. There is no balance if you meet the objectives set before you.
Pros
Great pay scale
Cons
Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 16, 2018
Management was great to work with. They had understandable objectives and worked hard to help you achieve your goals. The vision for the company was clear.
A Growing Company
Communications Internship (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 7, 2018
Nice people, I learned a lot and the company is definitely succeeding and growing. Upper management seemed far removed from day to day but it was a great experience.

Want to know more about Cotiviti?

Ask a question
Relaxed environment if you don't care about getting things done
Microservices Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
If you do care about getting things done, you will not be provided with coworkers that are good at what they do. And if by any chance you find someone that is really good to work with (Technical roles like developer/architect) they will be leaving the company soon.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
bad management or lack of management
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Typical day consisted of limited interruptions and concentrated analysis of claims data trying to hit daily production and quality targets. Low employee engagement.
Cons
Stressful environment
great company
Medical Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 14, 2018
great company to work for. they are very family oriented and they provide the necessary tools to get the job done. Their work environment is amazing and great
Pros
flexible work
Cons
location
Bad Management, Bad Employees
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Was not allowed access to anything to complete my job ding the first 3 months. Team members talk bad about other team member instead of training you. Management shows up one day out the week and wants to be manager. The IT department is poorly manage and the team member are not to be trusted.
Pros
Nothing Good to Say
Cons
Bad manager, Bad employees + Underpaid
Stressful work Environment
Contract Compliance Audit Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
The management in the contract compliance division encourage a cut throat work environment, practice a bait and switch compensation model to most auditors in the group.
fun place to work
Senior Build/DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
good place to work and lot of growth potential, relaxed hours, ample opportunities to develop skills. collaborative environment with multi location/cultural work force.
Pros
lot of celebrations
Cons
would have been better if gym facilities would been bit flexible to chose near home
Good for entry, bad for growth
AUDIT SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Conshohoken PAFebruary 5, 2018
This is a good company for entry into the healthcare payment accuracy industry, but career growth is a slow process. The company does not recognize or realize the scope of the talent of its employees.
Challenging but fun
Director - PCA Delivery (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2018
This company provides lots of opportunities for advancement. The culture is extremely fast-paste and demands lots of your time. The product offering is vastly superior to any other in the same space. The company is constantly looking for a better more efficient way of doing business. A great company to work for...
Pros
The people are the best!
Cons
Need to manage your work-life balance
a cut throat landscape
Document Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 1, 2018
It is a very cut throat company and very stressful , with little room for advancement unless you have connections in the company . Training is a bare minimum thing but you are expected to know the job .You can temp here for yrs and never get hired that would hire a person off the street before they hire you .
Pros
introduction into medical records
Cons
no advancement and cut throat
n/a
Technician (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Working with other to scan, process and upload records to the computer to file for representative to review for either appeals, overpayments or refunds
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cotiviti. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight