Cott Beverages Employee Reviews

Recently partially split to Refresco
Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2018
I would have been a better fit in a more operating site environment than the 'corporate' segregated functional cost accounting data-driven sole contributor environment with limited interaction with other departments.
achieable
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2018
This is a place were you actually have to know somebody that know somebody to be able to move up in a position. lack of communication skills overall there is compettitive repetive work involved.
Solid Company
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 29, 2018
The company has been around for a long time and even though annual raises maybe small, your job is fairly secure. Their is a good work life balance. Not fast paced.
Good place to work.
Electro Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2018
Decent place to work , normal pressure of manufacturing, very fast paced environment. Everyone works as a team and are very helpful when problems occur.
fast pace great to gain work experience
Quality Control/Lab tech (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92337April 9, 2018
consistently busy, work goes by fast i enjoyed working for the company and great to gain quality control inspector experience and working as a lab tech
Pros
work experience, great staff and holidays off
Cons
short breaks
Great relaxed setting in the internal audit department (only)
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2018
Our senior director was heavy with work life balance. He is a very smart and laid back director that was heavy on growing your knowledge in accounting. Encouraged CPE and to think outside the box.
Pros
Great work-life balance
fast paced company
Regional Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 3, 2018
I was always busy at Cott, never a dull moment. My immediate managers were all great. We hadn't had a pay increase in several years, so I had to find employment elsewhere.
great place to work
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 29, 2018
I definitely would recommend this place of employment to anyone who wants to be hired at a great company. I had the chance to learn a lot and was paired up with the best bosses.
Terrible place to work!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 26, 2018
They will use you, you will regret it. If you're a robot this is the perfect place for you. 12hr days, they don't care if you have a life. Schedule changes at there discretion.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
good people to work with
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2018
nice work and overtime best job i have.wish i was still there.they had me to train a temp cause i new company is taking over,where my lead person didnt understand that move or me.put me on the forklift to only to felt so i resign cause of safety hazards to other workers that i put in harm way.
Pros
ppo
Cons
The grass is not greener here, so stay away.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2018
I know now why people avoid this place like the plague. They don't want to buy parts for machines or put real maintenance into the machines. They just want to run them until failure. Most of the mechanics that have been here for years have all left in 4 months, so that means pretty much all new mechanics.
Some of the operators are helpful, but some are more concerned about getting back to their phones. There is no set operator training, so you learn on the fly.
They use a point system for attendance. Takes a year to have a point drop off, and no way to make points. 8 and you are out the door.
The new union is gonna make this more complicated.
job was good if you like all night work, benefits were good, lunch room.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PAFebruary 22, 2018
For a 12 hour shift 6 days a week it was hard, especially if you have a family. the job itself was good driving a truck with loads to and from plant to warehouse.
Pros
good pay, benefits the job driving the truck was good
Cons
Distance to travel to work after a long shift
Fast Paced
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Beverage company where private label was the corner stone of the business. Very competitive in the juice, water and CSD space. Found the company to be good to work for.
terrible place
Senior Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 7, 2018
this place is terrible and it is a job to get your foot in the door but hurry up and take it out. the good old boys get the jobs and none of them have degrees. I had a degree and they wouldn't give me a supervisor position but gave it to a guy with less experience and no degree
Pros
free soda
Cons
a dump
Environment catering to the non-performers
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Performers rewarded with extra responsibilities without compensation. Upper management continually changed course with a new flavor coming out each month
The new manager made it very difficult to want to go to work. Some people should not be a manager
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYJanuary 31, 2018
My review I would have worked at Cott Beverage forever. I loved my job. Moved up and once we had a change some people should not be managers. I am pursuing a new path.
Poor Culture and Always firing people
MANUFACTURING (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 24, 2018
After some years of the business, I was taken back by the way the company always wanted to blame and fire people without any support. Both Financially and people support.
VERY POOR Management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
VERY POOR Management
fun
Shipping and Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Cott beverage was a great experience for me the work environment the employees the staff everybody is there for one thing to make the building I mean business a better place for more gross and most fellow employees to come in and have a great working experience
good
Struggling Startup Plant
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 30, 2017
This review is not intended for Cott Beverages as a whole, just the plant located in the DFW area. Instead of pointing out all of the negative aspects, I will focus on the positive. During my time at Cott, although difficult, I gained an immense amount of experience in dealing with constant change and acclimating to the high turn overate with management in all departments. I value what I have learned while being employed at Cott.
Great Place, Flexible as long as your responsible with your duties.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 18, 2017
Honestly, really enjoyed working here. Co-Workers were really great and was treated like family here.would recommend if anyone is given the chance to work at the warehouse in Ontario.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cott Beverages. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight