Cottage Hospital Employee Reviews

ok
Registered Nurse Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILJuly 16, 2018
Many changes have been made over the past few years. The company has been bought by several different entities with much change to the organization. Just Ok.
Small scale, excellent results, community centered.
Interim Director Ray of Hope Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJune 26, 2018
Cottage is a Critical Access Hospital that serves a rural and remote setting in Northern New Hampshire. It is without a doubt, the best example of hospital cleanliness I have ever encountered in my 26 year history of nursing. It serves a very large and sparsely populated geographic region and is situated in a breath taking part of New England. Despite its size, Cottage provides a wide range of health care services. Its staff all work hard and pulls together as a team. Each person wears many hats and has the potential to be a superstar. I truly enjoyed my stay there and will likely return if ever given the opportunity to serve!!!
Pros
Everyone can be a standout and be recognized for their work. Great place to work and call home!!
Cons
small hospital can only employee so many and has a limited pool of external candidates
Would not recommend this place to work
Med Surge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodsville, NHMay 14, 2018
RN to patient ratio was unsafe, Management was a joke and was not supportive and did not listen to their nurses. Favoritism was the worst. I would not bring my own family t here for treatment.
overworked, underpaid and favortisim
Anesthesia Aide and Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILApril 10, 2018
Clickish,Management Favoritism among employees, being rushed, overworked and underpaid, reminded you can be replaced at any time. good points experience new techniques every day
Pros
401k, Health Insurance
Cons
rushed breaks, no cost of living raises for this position, no guarntee full paycheck each week
Great opportunity
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 29, 2018
Being a relatively small hospital, it was good in the fact that you got a chance to meet & connect with other coworkers at work & home. The job was easy, and work environment was enjoyable.
Pros
Good pay, work enviroment
Great
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMarch 17, 2018
Worked with a great team.
Doctors
Nurses
Fellow Respiratory Therapist
Radiologist
Faculty
OT
PT
Working the hospital scene kept you busy.
Hardest part losing a patient
Enjoyable seeing a patient make great strides.
Pros
Cohesive Friendships Made
Cons
Working 3rd shift alone.
Lovely environment and great food for a hospital
Diet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Very professional and high standards. Most enjoyable part of the job is visiting taking care of patients. Hardest part of the job is spending hours on the phone. Very quick paced and multitask work. Learned a great deal about food service and nutrition in the clinical setting.
Pros
Free meal, supportive management and coworkers, great benefits
Cons
Very small workspace. Sitting for long periods.
Great!
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Loved working there. Every shift was different, and learned many new things. Everyone whom I worked beside was very nice, knowledgeable. Great Experience!!
Caring work place who relies heavily on RRT
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to work, good professional people to work with. The RT department tends to be on our own. Only 2 full time employees and we cover each other when needed. I do my own scheduling and help with budgeting, supplies and policies. Our department is run by the RTs. Our day includes inpatients in all hospital areas including elderly care unit plus we do outpatient testing each day, i.e. holter monitors, abgs, pfts, home care qualifications, overnight oximetries...I enjoy my work because we are considered an integral part of this critical access hospital.
Pros
freedom to punch out for lunch as long as I stay locallly
Cons
only RT on, MUST be able to work independently as well as under pressure
opertunity to grow in the hospital
Environmental Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ynez, CADecember 7, 2017
cleaned the surgery room. cleaned patient rooms and restrooms. floor tech and clean walls. take out waste in proper trash bins and assist other depts.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
not enough help
Good Leadership
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHNovember 17, 2017
Cottage is a great place, it's small but powerful and leadership is great. I do a variety of interesting things and one of my favorite is planning the annual banquet once a year!
more support between nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 30, 2017
most nurses don't support each other, not supported by management or off shift supervisors, too many patients too take good care of usually 8 patient to 1 rn if cna is lazy makes for a late night. you pray nothing goes wrong with a patient because you still have 7 other patients to care for. When census is low it can be 1 RN and 1 CNA and very seldom are u relieved to a break or leave floor to eat
small hospital feel
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJuly 31, 2017
very small hospital, not busy, not a lot of interaction with other departments, low pay, hard to get full time, wonderful area, wonderful team builidng
great place to work
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Farms, MIJuly 15, 2017
I worked as an athletic trainer supporting the PT department on the inpatient and outpatient settings. Also worked with local high schools to cover student athletes and caring for any injuries and illnesses
A Wonderful Place to Intern!
Social Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJuly 10, 2017
As an intern with the social services department of the hospital, my days usually began with a briefing from my supervisor of the previous evening's events and the current day schedule. I participated in team meetings, except ones that contained highly confidential information that fell beyond the limitations of my status. Everyone was very friendly, eager to teach what they could, and welcomed me from the beginning. I visited patients who needed short and long-term care from the hospital as well as home health care; assisted in acquiring resources for the patients; and spent many hours researching the health insurance, care, and resources available for the surrounding areas of Vermont and New Hampshire and as a result of my research; I worked alongside the director of the hospital's rules and regulations and was able to participate in focus groups, creating and implementing updated and improved regulations for the hospital. I learned policies, terminology, treatment options, and most importantly, the professionalism of a social services worker in a hospital setting. The hardest part of the job was leaving it behind when the day was done and transitioning from the needs of patients into the needs of the rest of the day; the most enjoyable part was working closely with individuals who were so eager to inspire and educate, as well as the warmth received from many patients.
Pros
Extensive training in professionalism and social services atmosphere, a flexible routine, connecting people with resources and, consistently learning.
Cons
Transitions from patient to patient can be difficult at times, especially when a death of a patient occurs, loss is unavoidable, as an intern I was unable to participate in classified events.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJuly 7, 2017
Flexible hours and great staff to work with. I receive great training that helps me to be successful at my job! I haven't been here very long but I hope to gain a lot of experience with this job!
isolated hospital
Interim Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Woodsville, NHMay 26, 2017
Staffing is so thin, any sick call required management to step in and work the shift.
Keeping LNA staff is very difficult as the local nursing homes pay more than the hospital.
Pros
small enough to make an impact
Cons
Isolated area
Had learned a lot over the years from staff
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 2, 2017
The day has a set time to refill and deliver medicine. I loved learning new things to do, it was exciting for me. I enjoyed the staff, they we all very helpful. The most hardest part was to begin learning about all the new drugs I never heard of. So I found it quit interesting. I really loved my job there! They are now down sizing and I need full time work.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
short breaks, worked during lunch break
No integrity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHFebruary 3, 2017
It's like mean girls in live action. Patients don't matter, only $$$. If you question them you are now a target. Don't trust the fake smile, evil women
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Everything else
Great staff and place to work
3 RN for over 2 yrs (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 27, 2017
I work evening from 7pm -7:30am. I have learned so much on this med-surg floor. We are as essentially a step down unit, we are the renal, pulmonary and infectious disease floor. RN to pt ration is 1:5. I have experience being charge nurse, resource and a floor nurse. My manager is very nice and approachable. Cottage hospital has lots of room for growth and treat employees very well. Best thing about my unit is the people I work with. We all help each other out and get along well. Hardest part of the job is that sometimes due to our patient population sometimes our patients are high acuity. Some assignments you can have multiple active detoxing patients, psych patients, or patients who not oriented for various reasons. That being said we get a lot of CF patients and get to form a real connection with them which is nice. Overall Cottage and my floor are wonderful places to work.
Pros
Great staff, room to grow, utilization of many RN skills on my unit
Cons
this is an expensive are to live in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cottage Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.