CottageCare Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 13, 2019
The management team is wonderful, they treat employees fairly, are compassionate and very understanding. The workplace is more of a little family that has each others back! I would highly recommend Olathe CottageCare as a great place to work and make good money!! If you are eager to work they are eager to train and give you the opportunity to move forward.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Hours, Holidays off, Great pay!!
Cons
no benefits
Not worth it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 3, 2019
Only get paid hourly for the time you’re cleaning which is about 2-3 hours daily it lead to barely any hours per week and you’re expected to be satisfied with the outcome
The best part time job I ever had
Professional residential cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2019
I really enjoy working at cottage care. It's really fun place to work. The culture is really diverse. As long as you do your work you're going to be appreciated.
Pros
Free food. Good pay. Great work life balance.
Cons
Unreliable hours and chaotic management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 17, 2018
I applied to this job because I love to clean, I've been cleaning for years. They did not disclose the unstable schedule or last minute scheduling issues at time of hire,as well as many issues, they just desperately needed people on the ground and held back any negative details so not to deter getting new hires. Some days we had too many houses for the amount of people we had, other days we would have hardly any to go around -multiple days of no work(like up to a whole week with maybe one house). The manager I dealt with daily seemed inexperienced and constantly had so many issues that were honestly self inflicted, and she would take it out on the cleaners. Never calm and collected and always panicking.
When it hit a dead period, I changed my availability to part time and found another full time job (one with a schedule that could be dependable) to work along side with this one. The only reason I stayed at all was because I LOVED my customers and cared for them so much. My regulars are so wonderful and amazing. After starting the job, they contacted me for a few houses then completely stopped communication with me. I NEVER quit.
Another HUGE issue is i obviously proved myself at some point because I was told I was going to soon be trained to be assistant manager and get a pay raise(another perk of the job, advancements) but 3 months later, they had not touched the subject since, and when I attempted to get them to move forward it was always something like they were in a busy period and needed a little more time. It was either a lie to keep me interested in staying(
  more... most likely so) OR it was just another testament of how dreadful the management is. Again, I have not quit, I sure do plan on it, but I wont be leaving on terms such as 'no call-no show' or anything other than me resigning. If they fired me ( with zero notice whatsoever) it would undoubtedly be wrongful termination. It is unacceptable in a work place to have that much poor communication happening from the management. I am very displeased with my experience there ONLY because management. I was told multiple time that I worked very hard and was dependable, but then would turn their backs on me and treat me with such unreasonable and uncalled for disrespect at the droop of a hat.  less
Pros
Amazing customers/regulars
Cons
terrible management, false statements of raises and advancements, no stable schedule, not financially secure, constant turn over, over scheduling, long periods of no work
Good job.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 9, 2018
Great job for someone that just wants some extra spending money.
I had am amazing manager while I was there. It is a easy job but expect to be worn out when the day is done.
No hours
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 26, 2018
Very hard work, with no pay or hours. It is a bi-weekly pay job and based on the fact you use your own vehicle and gas the money that is made doesn't cover the time that is wasted. Under paid. Lots of wear n tare on you own vehicle. You as an employee are disposable to this company and that's all they care about.
Pros
Cons
no hours or pay
Great partime job.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 25, 2018
Independent work style, diverse workplace.Management is outstanding. Hardest part would be the labor at time best part is meeting the customers and at times bonding. I have learned to work independently, meet customers, and at times build relationships.
Pros
work independently
Cons
no benefits
Awesome place to work
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 13, 2018
I currently work for cottage care and i love it. The people that i work with are awesome and nina is a great boss. She tries to work around everyone's schedule and is very flexible when you need to take time off. I would definitely recommend this job to any and everyone looking for a part time job.
Pros
Breakfast sometimes, off most days by 230, fun working enviornment
Cons
Low pay, low hours
Awful and unreliable place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCFebruary 17, 2018
It is a bi-weekly pay job and based on the fact you use your own vehicle and gas the money that is made doesn't cover the time that is wasted. He's very unreliable because management is not professional and courteous to our customers so we lose customers and there was no Outreach to gain customers either.
Pros
Change of scenery very nice customers
Cons
Poor communication skills using your own vehicle with hope you make enough money for gas
productive and fun
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2018
i've learned how to do what it is i need to do to have a happy customer far as following their instructions given. Its not really a hard part about it just do what need to be done and provide good services.
Pros
you get tips
Cons
breaks
Good place to work bad management
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 23, 2018
Good place to work. Bad management. Very part time and puts tons of miles on your car. Have to work around animals as well some may not like that. Jfyi
Pros
Ocassional tips
Cons
Wear and tear and mileage on your car. Can be very very part time
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVDecember 3, 2017
Nice place to work. The boss was easy to talk to you. They worked with my college schedule. Offered fair pay and gas mileage, very nice co-workers also
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
hours are based on buisness demands
Great Company!
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2017
Cottagecare was a great company to work for.I enjoyed the 8 years I worked there.I had to leave because my husbands job moved us out of state. The interaction with the staff and customers was one of the best parts of my job!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Not anything to be done for long term
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2017
If you're looking to just make 400-600$ a month for extra cash to assist with household bills, this is a great job. If you need something to be able to support yourself (with no working spouse/partner and children if you have any) this is not a job I would recommend. The initial compensation per hour is good, but 50% of your day is spent driving to and from houses to clean and you are not paid for that time. They do have per mile gas compensation but I never found that it actually paid for the gas used. 300$ was a good check for me for a two week check on an average basis.

Management was friendly and my coworkers were always great, but when it comes down to it I just couldn't pay my bills working for this company.
Pros
flexible hours, no weekends, holidays, or nights, friendly management, tips, paid breaks
Cons
poor pay, no benefits, no paid sick days, no real advancement opportunities
fun working place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOJuly 30, 2015
I've learned a lot of new things, I'm better on the computer and I can manage people better. I've learned a lot of patience with this job. I love teaching my co-workers new things and new ways to do things. The thing I loved most about the job was meeting new people and dealing with new customers and seeing them smile and happy with the work I've done. What I dislike about the job is the fact that they lied to me about my benefits and raise that I was told I would I get it in the first 3 months. Now I'm being told that I wont get it. I don't like being lied to.
Great Job, Tough Duties
Cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  GANovember 7, 2014
Cottage Care is very upfront about the job requirements. It requires you to work in a quick timely manner while completing the job in absolution. You are not expected to be perfect at the job but always improving with each home you clean. Overall the manager is understanding and the job can pay well as long as business is well. My only negative thing about Cottage Care is there isn't a high compensation on the gas from house to house.
Pros
manager, tips, regular customers
Cons
gas compensation, picky customers
Fast pace, Physically Demanding, with decent pay.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJuly 11, 2014
Overall CottageCare is great place to work at. CottageCare offers a above average pay for new employees however it is difficult to earn pay raises once you've met there HIGH performance requirements. Management takes good care of their employees and expect allot from there crew members in return. If your the type of person who needs little supervision, enjoy cleaning houses and doesn't mind getting sweaty. This job is for you.
Pros
Good Pay and Good Management
Cons
One must meet time in house standards consinstenly for X amount of time before moving up in pay.
Very good place to be employed through!!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 15, 2014
I enjoy coming into work every day and being greeted by my boss. She always has coffee for her employees in the morning. I enjoy working with all of my current employers.
Pros
Long lunch hours
Cons
Random hours
Worked alone
HouseKeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2013
Hardest part is getting use to the customers pets and inding each house some are really deep in the woods but you get paid for gas milage
Pros
Gas was included
Cons
Got paid bi weekly
Small offices, family like atmosphere
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 28, 2013
This was a good place to work, excellent room to grow, great paid training, raises often, solo work
Pros
easy to advance
Cons
wear and tear on your personal vehicle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CottageCare. Our community is ready to answer.