Cotton Patch Cafe, LLC Employee Reviews

Great first job
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Cotton Patch Cafe was a great first job opportunity for me. The management and other employees were very nice and professional. When i needed help or had a concern it was always address right away and taken care of.
Experience
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2019
From what i have experienced in the time I was working their I had fun with old and new colleagues that helped me when I was clueless and became best friend even after I relocated.
Quick paced environment, competitive if you want to make great money.
SERVER/ PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Fun, quick paced environment that requires focus and a competitive attitude and mindset to excel extremely. Great management from in store to corporate level as well.
Pros
1/2 off food and tenure to choose on schedule.
Fun and fast paced
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I was not able to receive the amount of hours needed to pay my bills even with a second job. At the time I worked for the Cotton Patch I did not have my own vehicle so I had to rely on others for transportation, which made scheduling my shifts harder for management.
Make it your personal business.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Cotton Patch i worked for them as a dishwasher and decided that working a job and working another was just a handy decision till i had personal outputs that set me aside, Cotton Patch is what you make of it and there is no stereotypical judgment in your ears, nice and friendly people who are willing to watch you grow and progress.
not a professional workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 29, 2019
couldnt work there much linger due to the lack of management who didnt care to take their job serious horrible reviews for guest and would have crazy wait times on food
Fast paced and exciting environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Had a blast zipping around this Cafe and meeting new customers. Management needs major work. They are a very family oriented business. If you have and problems arise within your family causing a need for time off, it is given with minimal questions asked.
Pros
Discounts up to 50% off
Cons
Too many servers to customers ratio, not enough hours, horrible management
Busy, fast paced environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 28, 2018
Good job but they never give breaks when working 10+ hours. There's a friendly work staff but it is sometimes hard to acquire a lot of tables in a shift due to over staffing.
I wanted more but i believe everyone would like more money
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXNovember 28, 2018
It wasn't a horrible place to work but the supervisor issued an over bearing schedule so one worker did not have to close that entire week and the pay was too low for the amount of work that was required of the dishwasher.
Pros
Washing dishes was simple for me
Cons
When the position opened that i applied for it was given to a new applicant
Fun Place to Work, just a few things
Spring- Server (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 15, 2018
Typical day is a little crazy but easy to recover from. No rest at all though
Management is a little divide, got three nice managers and one that just guns for weak points but more to cause problems than help. Some employees don't know what they are doing and end up slowing things down a lot.
Hard part was dealing with one of the managers who kind of exploited my anxiety and made a point to point out that I was partially deaf to me often.

But for the most part it was enjoyable. Most coworkers are very helpful like they should be, some while gun for ya if you get one thing wrong and won't forgive. The rest are helpful and willing to give a hand.
The music may also be played a bit too loudly, first day some of the tables were vibrating. Which is a little bad
Pros
free lunch, mostly agreeable coworkers, good atmosphere
Cons
no breaks, one bad manager, loud music
Great Place to Work for
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXNovember 9, 2018
Very safe environment. Managers and co-workers are respectful. Good pay. I loved working for this company they work with you on your schedule and they're very flexible.
unorganized
Prep cook (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXNovember 2, 2018
I have been there 2 years and no advancement or benefits are offered. the management changes often and they do not pay attention to the hours people work. Your work hours change every week no consistency
Poor management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 25, 2018
The management could improve, but overall not a terrible place to work. There are no benefits, no breaks, and they make it difficult to even get an employee discount for a meal. On the other hand you make about 15 bucks an hour in tips if you get the right shifts
Potential to make good money
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 20, 2018
I enjoy this job. My store managers are good people. You MUST be a well organized person to do well in this job. There's a lot of regular customers so being a people person is a major plus to making money. The more flexible your hours, the better. You can switch shifts around to work for you.
Nice place to work. Great coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 19, 2018
Working st Cotton patch, it was fun, exciting, and always getting mixed up. I loved all of the coworkers and the customers were great. Leaving cotton patch was a hard choice, but I needed to focus on school. I loved working their and the service is great!
Very fast paced at times but then slow at others.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 11, 2018
I worked as a busser so I got paid from the servers at the end of my shift (if they felt like it) I had to go around and personally ask for my payment (usually 3 dollars ea) at times felt like I had to beg for it and other times they refused to pay me because I didn’t “deserve it” after a shift of 7 hours I left with a total of $23 dollars for my work which was my reason for quitting, it didn’t even cover my fuel.
Pros
One free meal, unlimited free drinks.
Cons
Times with nothing, pay.
Very Demanding and stressful.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXSeptember 21, 2018
This place will beat you down. They expect alot out of you and don't accept lateness or excuses. You need to complete the job quickly. The staff is polite but will not help you in anyway.
Pros
Free lunch, Good hours.
Cons
Short breaks, Stressful
Goo for servers
Server (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 1, 2018
If you love being a server it is a great place for you. It was a easy job if it’s what you love you will. Serving was just not ment for me is why I don’t care for it.
Good opportunities for advancement
Server (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXSeptember 29, 2018
A normal day at work would consist of taking care of customers. Depending on who else is working with you, most days people have a good sense of camaraderie, The hardest part of the job is not letting tiny things bother you & not taking things so personally. The best part of the job is delivering great service and in turn making someone's visit enjoyable and pleasant, which sometimes makes their entire day better.
The company treats management very well & if you choose to stay and try to move up in the company they have great incentives and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Money in hand at the end of each shift
Cons
The ebb and flow of customers makes it pretty hard to predict income
No life
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 15, 2018
If you don't have a life, this is the job for you. Almost everyone their smokes, so don't expect your food to their on time. no one helps when there is a rush.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cotton Patch Cafe, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight