Cottonways Employee Reviews

cotonways
Assistant manager /personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJuly 2, 2019
i wish it was more time It was really nice working there I enjoyed learning and growing with the company for the time I was there,She has a nice buisness
Garbage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Horrible place to work with absolutely no organization or training but are expected to do things that you are not taught. Most of the time nobody has any idea of how things are supposed to be done. Most don't show up so you will have no choice but to go in. Make sure that the ridiculous cameras physically see you talking because they don't have sound and you will get told that you're not doing what you're supposed to. Long story short very unprofessional workplace with unreachable goals due to very few customers.
Pros
N/a
Wasnt worth the time.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2019
I got paid $9 an hour, and they was always late with my paycheck. In vero you travel to both of the stores and work there by yourself. You can only have part time.
Pros
I loved the customers.
Cons
late on paychecks, only have part time positions
Official response from Cottonways
October 7, 2019

I have been with the company 8 years and NEVER has paychecks been late! This is a lie. Unless you are the one who kept giving the wrong bank account numbers and your bank kept returning your check.

Official response from Cottonways
February 13, 2019

I noticed your comment about payroll checks always being late. I was very shocked to see this on-line post because the two (2) delays with your payroll check related to erroneous information you provided on the form. However, as soon as the funds were turned to the businesses account, I immediately wired the payroll funds to you. We are proud that we have never missed a payroll or even delayed the payroll. But, when the employee causes the delay, we cannot assume responsibility for that slight delay. I am sorry that this happened, but it was not of our doing. I am glad that you enjoyed working with the customers, and I am sure that some will miss having you as their personal shopper within the stores. I hope you find what you are searching for, and I wish you best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Jenn

Love working at Cottonways Melbourne
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I've worked at Cottonways Melbourne for almost a year and I love it. I work part time and have fun helping our customers find outfits that look good on them. The employee discount on the clothing is very generous, great manager No problems with the owner either. I don't find that she "micro manages". I find her very easy to work with.
Pros
Product I believe in so easy to sell. Discounts on clothing
Needs Improvment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MelbourneMarch 28, 2018
The store is very disorganized. Employees don't stay more than two weeks. District Manger is always complaning. Very stressful environment. Owner Micro manages.Everybody is not aloud to do the job they are hired for. Required to walk up and down streets with coupons.
Cons
Stressful
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  MelbourneMarch 24, 2018
Company has a great owner she works very hard to stay on the cutting edge of fashion. The clothing is well made with great fabrics. Like any good retail store she has high standards. This is what has kept her business growing for 12 years. Fun place to work.
Pros
Great standards
Great company with an amazing store dynamic!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work with amazing opportunities for networking and growth, both personally and professionally. The unique atmosphere allows you to have a creative side to the business to help in the overall growth. Very enjoyable and fun!
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 6, 2017
Very poor training and management, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, policies change at whim. It seems like anyone with anything on the ball, does not stay long working for this store. Poorly organized store and everything is last minute and usually no employees ever know whats going on.
Cons
no benefits
Fun, quick-paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 26, 2017
Cottonways was a great, quick-paced environment to work in. I loved playing dress up every day with women who truly loved this unique clothing! The owner is kind and flexible. Expectations are high but not impossible. I was glad to be held accountable to do my best daily. It was great to form relationships with all of the returning clients. For retail, the pay was very competitive and more than I had really anticipated, so that was a pleasant bonus.
Pros
good pay! unique clothing!
Great place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2017
I have worked at Cottonways for many years and can't imagine working anywhere else. It's creative, it's fun, and the people are great! The stores are artistic and fun and owner, management and coworkers are wonderful.
Pros
Creative job with Nice People
Fun, rewarding and energetic
Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLAugust 22, 2017
Cottonways has always been good to me! Fellow associates and management are always there to lend a hand. It is very rewarding at the end of the day knowing you helped someone prepare for their wedding, vacation, or everyday wear. That is why we have so many regular clients/friends.
Pros
Wearing our Cottonways clothing everyday at work, being cool, stylish and comfortable.
Cons
Wanting to buy everything we sell......
Unprofessional and poor work ethics of the owner.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 9, 2017
There is no bonus program or benefits to working for this company. The company under pays their employees and asks a lot of them. There is no training program. It is a very hostile work environment with policies and procedures changing on a daily basis. Very unorganized business structure. There is extremely high turnover due to an unhealthy/unhappy work life.
Pros
Location is decent
Cons
Unethical business practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cottonways. Our community is ready to answer.