Cottonwood Residential Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great workplace environment, love working with my team! Great company to work for! They take care of their employees ... great place to work good people
Leading the Force!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2018
Always striving to enpower their employees to be the best they can be professionally and personally. The corporate core is support for their managers and teams. They believe in giving the site teams all the tools to suceed.
Good place to wrok
Account Manger (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMay 18, 2018
I learned a lot about the types of enviroments I need to be around in order to feel productive and feel accomplished. I feel that Cottonwood (though a good job at the time ) Didn't meet my quick paced and worth needs.
Benefits
Cons
Hard enivorment to work in. Slow paced
High expectations no compensation
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 7, 2018
If you are looking for a demanding job with little to no appreciation for employees this will be the perfect company for you. The expectations are set so high that without working on days off or while at home you'll never achieve them. Management is out of touch and knows everything about nothing. Staff is pulled in so many different directions that consistentse and structure is lost. No clear direction and staff gets so burnt out that they stop caring and there's no real accountability. Fake it with management is what gets you ahead at this company agree with them and tell them everything they want to hear without any real action and maybe you'll be promoted. Good Luck!
Pros
They don't fire bad or under performing employees
Cons
Everything else but mostly the pay...dont waste your time.
Find another place to work
Corporate Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 29, 2018
Very cut throat, two faced, do not care about work life balance, will never acheive bonuses due to expectations that are unreachable. Upper management does support on site staff.
Pros
Free lunch every month, but every company does this
Cons
The company
A Great Place to Learn and Grow
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 3, 2018
I appreciate what Cottonwood is doing for my advancement in the industry. Their innovation and dedication to training is commendable. The atmosphere is positive and feels like a team.
Pros
training, team work
Cons
dress code
Stressful and unachievable expectations are a daily part of working for this company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2018
Turnover within the company was excessive due to stress and lower than average salaries. You are always expected to be on call and can never use the time off that you have earned. No room for advancement, and some of the top level corporate executives are very rude and unfriendly towards their own employees. Upper management did not support their teams.
Pros
Benefits offered
Cons
Long work hours, constant changes without them even being communicated to the staffs on site, rude Regional Supervisors.
Company looking to advance in industry
Community Manager/Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2018
As assistant Manager I enjoyed my supervisors. The staff was great and we got along like no other team I had ever had. Top Management was always involved and always looking to better policies an procedures.
Pros
Promote within
Cons
Work week Saturday-Friday made staff exhausted
It was ok
Certified Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 13, 2018
It was a very nice place to work at and the people were nice.I dont have to much to say about the administation of the company but what I can tell you about the Property Manager and the Leasing Consultants that I worked with they wer the absolute best.
Pros
provided everything that you needed
Cons
the outcome was not all together good
Great Company but could pay more
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2017
Cottonwood overall is a great company to work for. They understand the meaning of employee motivation. You will always feel supported from someone with them. Workload is reasonable and they have a somewhat of relaxed atmosphere. Compensation is on the low side.
Pros
Supportive, Encouraging, Teaches you everything
Cons
on the low side for compensation
Great and company to work for
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 26, 2017
Cottonwood is a wonderful company to work for. It is very innovative and with the inductions of Entrata; Cottonwood is focused on Resident Satisfaction, Simplifying daily functions and minimizing time for both prospects and team members. They listen to their employees and based on feedback will change and implement new and old procedures for the growth and betterment of their Culture. This company does more than just acquiesce, it moves and changes; Cottonwood speaks of innovation and they do it! Needless to say I would recommend Cottonwood to friends and family looking for a delightful challenge.
Pros
Great benefits, great upper managment, culture fit
Cons
Was not able to roll over 401k right away
Cottonwood is my Home at Last
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I love working for Cottonwood. Residents and employees are treated very fairly. The corporate office staff is very hands on with onsite staff. I love our annual conferences and employee appreciation week, they truly make us feel like Cottonwood is our Home at Last. In my opinion, staff turnover is very low at my property and surrounding sister properties. Cottonwood is innovated with newest software and technologies for reporting which makes our job easier so we can be more hands on.
Pros
Bonuses are generous, workload is average
Innovative and progressive company with amazing people!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Love, love, love working with Cottonwood! They are innovative and always looking for ways to do things better and easier! They have awesome people and provide great support for their employees. They have a real TEAM mentality.
Pros
Work with awesome people and friendly atmosphere
horrible treatment of employees.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 12, 2017
Start @ lower salary then is typical in the field. Ask for a raise, plead your case. Get laughed @. No respect for the people who do the work. No respect for completing a job under budget. Just horrible people run this company.
Unorganize Poor Management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 4, 2017
Formely Employee will not do not accepting any job offers from Cottonwood. The worst company ever their entire portfolio is either on the market or sold. No support from upper management.
Pros
Loved my regional
Cons
No support
Poor management no chance to advance
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNAugust 26, 2017
The management is decided by looks and how much money they have in their wallet. The last manager I was under had 0 experience in leasing or management in general. I put in my notice but was let go early because I was of no use to the complex. So I handed over the 20 leases I was working on from that week alone and walked out. You pitch a dream to the prospects but you sell them a nightmare. The spider and roach infested apartments are poorly maintained and a sorry excuse for a $1000 per month rent payment.
Pros
Cons
everything that could be wrong with a job
Great Pay -
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJuly 14, 2017
Best pay in industry but upper management is not organized. Lack of communication from management. Currently selling properties throughout southern Georgia and leaving current employees out to dry. Insurance is extremely high.
Pros
Base Pay and commission
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management
Very stressful
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2017
Maintenance had gone months with only 2 maintenance techs on a 450 unit property. Advancement is possible, but held over your head. If you do go "above and beyond", it is NOT Recognized unless you are working the leasng office.
Pros
During corporate visits, entire staff was encouraged to eat togeather.
Cons
It was almost impossible to get help with service requests issues.
Very productive and warm work environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2017
The environment and the employees that work for this company are so motivating and warm. Very constructive and productive group of people and the work was very pleasant.
Family coworkers and great enviroment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
Our team worked closely together not only as coworkers, but as a family. Really hard to find and hated to leave due to a promotion for better pay being a single mom.
I learned the best management skills from my assistant and manager to value our residents first and far most. The normal daily grind of leasing, resident retention, marketing, lease and renewal Texas Apartment Association legal documents. Keeping grounds clean and new move in inspections on homes to make sure in excellent condition to move in. Resident resolution for complaints going above and beyond.
Amazing resident events that we provided was the most enjoyable.
Hardest part was dealing with the mental illness that occurred a lot at this property.
Pros
Family coworkers
Cons
Older property with more issues to overcome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cottonwood Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight