Cottonwood Residential Employee Reviews

good place to work
Cottage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 30, 2018
I meet with children on a daily basis and try to come up with problem solving to help the resident learn to cope with traumatic events that has happened in the pass by using DBT Skills.

Every child deserve to be happy and live without fear of physical harm.

Great Management gives every one the oppoatinity to flurish and evolve into a better employee and person.

Safe and nurishing is the the culture we try to bring to cottonwood.

Not being able to get every resident to buy into the program.

Seeing positive growth and to see a resident starting to believe that they can have a better life.
Pros
Learning how to relax your thought to handle probems
Cons
Not being able to help every child that comes throgh the doors.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It seems as though you may have intended this review for a different business. We want to ensure your positive feedback goes to the correct listing. We believe you may have been looking for Cottonwood Treatment Center. This link will take you to their page. https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Cottonwood-Treatment-Center

Disorganized and Poor Management
Former Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 29, 2018
The communities as well as corporate is a complete circus.... Cottonwood Residential is extremely disorganized, poorly managed, uncaring, lack of professionalism, most of upper management is extremely childish. They treat their employees like they are peasants until someone of importance is around and then they polish up themselves as well as the property nice and neat to put on a show. They lie to current residents and future prospects to their face, and then talk about them behind their backs. None of the apartments will ever look like the model that is shown to you when you tour the place. Again, the company is a circus and the employees are their animals listening to every command to put on a show for the audience after being abused behind closed doors to assure everyone knows how to put on the best show!
November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your time with Cottonwood. Your feedback is extremely important to us and look to continually improve our communities and processes. We aim to always display a warm and welcoming environment for our team members and residents and are disappointed to hear this was not your experience. We encourage our teams to come to us with any concerns or suggestions to make their communities and time with us the best it can be. Again, we appreciate your feedback and wish you the very best in your career after Cottonwood Residential.

They are going back in time with pay.
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2018
They don't stay with the times like most companies are going forward and they keep wanting to go back in time. I would never refer anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Paid for Sunday a full day
Cons
Commission is very low
November 28, 2018

First thank you for taking the time for your review and feedback. This is important to ensure we keep moving forward and improve for our teams. We are always looking to adapt to stay competitive within the market and to attract the best of the best in our industry. We aspire to be a forward-looking company and welcome your comments as a challenge to continue improving.

I think there's a song called...
hard worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 20, 2018
Work work work, work, work, absolutely no work/life balance, so if that is of importance to you, skip this place. The current Property Manager sexually harasses the employees and upper management turns the other cheek. You work 10+ hours day. You are pulled in many different directions all throughout the day. The residents are so disgruntled that they are flocking out of there. No more sense of community. The previous owners had it right.

They need to get a handle on this market before they purchase anything else in this area and understand we are not in Utah.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
no work life balance, awful PM, terrible benefits
November 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us for our teams to have a healthy work/life balance and offer a generous benefits package including paid holidays. The nature of our industry can sometimes require additional hours due to high volume. We have resources and tools available for our team members to maximize their efficiency and have a solid support system. While only a few of our communities are in Utah, we appreciate your feedback as we seek nationally to support and build a thriving team of associates.

Disorganized
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
They were disorganized and confusing. Training was minimal and work load was double to what they said it would be. Regional manager was great. Friendly and knowledgeable but seemed to be overworked.
November 28, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your time with Cottonwood. We always aim to provide our teams with a comprehensive training and clear expectations to start off on the right foot and are disappointed to hear this was not your experience. We are continuing to strategize and improve our onboarding process for new employees based on feedback from our current and former team members. We’re glad you enjoyed working with your regional manager – we seek out the best in support of our communities and teams. Our ultimate goal is to provide each person at every level the training, time, and technology to be efficient and impactful. Your comments challenge us to continue that effort to ensure that everyone can win – residents, investors, and valued associates.

Long weeks, somewhat slow and boring enviroment
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 6, 2018
If you are a leasing specialist, be prepared to work every other weekend, which means 7 days in a row, the pay rate is low and the way they handle commissions is unfair.
Pros
Fun group to work with
Cons
You will find yourself doing way more than your job description
November 28, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. It is important to us so that we may continue to grow and stay competitive with our compensation packages to ensure we reward our teams for their dedication. We do understand that at times our industry can call for longer hours or flexible schedules. We try to communicate this to all of our team members upon hire and are disappointed if we fell short in this area. We wish you all the best in your future.

Great workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great workplace environment, love working with my team! Great company to work for! They take care of their employees ... great place to work good people
November 28, 2018

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We strive to continue to provide you with an environment and support system that you are proud to call your company. What we do wouldn’t be possible without you.

Leading the Force!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2018
Always striving to enpower their employees to be the best they can be professionally and personally. The corporate core is support for their managers and teams. They believe in giving the site teams all the tools to suceed.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear you loved calling Cottonwood home. We hope to continue to provide our teams with all of the tools needed for success and a long, happy career with us.

Good place to wrok
Account Manger (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMay 18, 2018
I learned a lot about the types of enviroments I need to be around in order to feel productive and feel accomplished. I feel that Cottonwood (though a good job at the time ) Didn't meet my quick paced and worth needs.
Benefits
Cons
Hard enivorment to work in. Slow paced
November 28, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We want our team members to be the right fit for us and in return it is very important to us that we are the right fit for you. Every market’s volume can vary quite a bit. If you are ever interested in pursuing another opportunity with Cottonwood there may be another community that fits the fast paced environment you are looking for.

High expectations no compensation
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 7, 2018
If you are looking for a demanding job with little to no appreciation for employees this will be the perfect company for you. The expectations are set so high that without working on days off or while at home you'll never achieve them. Management is out of touch and knows everything about nothing. Staff is pulled in so many different directions that consistentse and structure is lost. No clear direction and staff gets so burnt out that they stop caring and there's no real accountability. Fake it with management is what gets you ahead at this company agree with them and tell them everything they want to hear without any real action and maybe you'll be promoted. Good Luck!
Pros
They don't fire bad or under performing employees
Cons
Everything else but mostly the pay...dont waste your time.
November 28, 2018

First, thank you for taking the time to leave your experience while at Cottonwood. We value your feedback so that we may continue to improve and grow. It is a top priority that our teams feel rewarded for their hard work. In addition to regular goals and benchmarks set by our Regional Management team we have put into place an employee appreciation week to thank our teams for their continued dedication. We make an effort to ensure that our teams have all of the tools to be successful in their positions and have a support system in place for any questions or concerns. We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel valued in your position and welcome any additional feedback you may have.

Find another place to work
Corporate Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 29, 2018
Very cut throat, two faced, do not care about work life balance, will never acheive bonuses due to expectations that are unreachable. Upper management does support on site staff.
Pros
Free lunch every month, but every company does this
Cons
The company
A Great Place to Learn and Grow
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 3, 2018
I appreciate what Cottonwood is doing for my advancement in the industry. Their innovation and dedication to training is commendable. The atmosphere is positive and feels like a team.
Pros
training, team work
Cons
dress code
Stressful and unachievable expectations are a daily part of working for this company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2018
Turnover within the company was excessive due to stress and lower than average salaries. You are always expected to be on call and can never use the time off that you have earned. No room for advancement, and some of the top level corporate executives are very rude and unfriendly towards their own employees. Upper management did not support their teams.
Pros
Benefits offered
Cons
Long work hours, constant changes without them even being communicated to the staffs on site, rude Regional Supervisors.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
Company took care of its customers and assets well, relaxed, though fast paced daily atmosphere. Good leadership structure and recognition of success was always a plus.
Company looking to advance in industry
Community Manager/Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2018
As assistant Manager I enjoyed my supervisors. The staff was great and we got along like no other team I had ever had. Top Management was always involved and always looking to better policies an procedures.
Pros
Promote within
Cons
Work week Saturday-Friday made staff exhausted
It was ok
Certified Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 13, 2018
It was a very nice place to work at and the people were nice.I dont have to much to say about the administation of the company but what I can tell you about the Property Manager and the Leasing Consultants that I worked with they wer the absolute best.
Pros
provided everything that you needed
Cons
the outcome was not all together good
Great Company but could pay more
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2017
Cottonwood overall is a great company to work for. They understand the meaning of employee motivation. You will always feel supported from someone with them. Workload is reasonable and they have a somewhat of relaxed atmosphere. Compensation is on the low side.
Pros
Supportive, Encouraging, Teaches you everything
Cons
on the low side for compensation
Great and company to work for
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 26, 2017
Cottonwood is a wonderful company to work for. It is very innovative and with the inductions of Entrata; Cottonwood is focused on Resident Satisfaction, Simplifying daily functions and minimizing time for both prospects and team members. They listen to their employees and based on feedback will change and implement new and old procedures for the growth and betterment of their Culture. This company does more than just acquiesce, it moves and changes; Cottonwood speaks of innovation and they do it! Needless to say I would recommend Cottonwood to friends and family looking for a delightful challenge.
Pros
Great benefits, great upper managment, culture fit
Cons
Was not able to roll over 401k right away
Cottonwood is my Home at Last
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I love working for Cottonwood. Residents and employees are treated very fairly. The corporate office staff is very hands on with onsite staff. I love our annual conferences and employee appreciation week, they truly make us feel like Cottonwood is our Home at Last. In my opinion, staff turnover is very low at my property and surrounding sister properties. Cottonwood is innovated with newest software and technologies for reporting which makes our job easier so we can be more hands on.
Pros
Bonuses are generous, workload is average
Innovative and progressive company with amazing people!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Love, love, love working with Cottonwood! They are innovative and always looking for ways to do things better and easier! They have awesome people and provide great support for their employees. They have a real TEAM mentality.
Pros
Work with awesome people and friendly atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cottonwood Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight