Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2018
Great Job with many opportunities, only drawbacks may be the pace of keeping up with the workload. The compensation is good and the people are fair when it comes to Human Relations.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No Comment
Great resource for elderly
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2018
Great for elderly, sadly not for employees. Staff are overloaded and unappreciated. The workplace culture is one of mistrust and never knowing if you have a job or not.
Stressful and unappreciated
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Management and staff is in constant turnover. I've had 5 managers in 7 years. You are always in fear that you won't have a job tomorrow. They expect more and more out of you in less time. They keep cutting mileage reimbursement. They put tracking devices on your phone and don't tell you. It's become very cut-throat and are quick to tell you that you are replaceable and you are an "at will" employee. You are left feeling uneasy and unappreciated.
Pros
Flexible schedule, PTO time
Cons
High turnover, low reimbursement for mileage and driving all 5 counties
good
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Worked there such a long time ago. The co-workers were wonderful and the core-business helped out the senior citizens in the southwestern part of Ohio. Very fulfilling job.
Pros
helping out the community.
Cons
non-profit
Council On Aging
Molina MyCareOH Waiver Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2017
I enjoy working with the aging population. It is helpful that you can work from home. The quarterly All-Staff meetings help keep staff updated and aware of issues that impact services.
Chaotic at times
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMarch 27, 2017
There is no loyalty at Council on Aging and unfortunately the consumers are the ones who suffer due to the work environment and emotional stress of the employees. Management tends not to care, but why should they it doesn't affect their pay, they merely place blame on the employee and terminate without hesitation.
Enjoyable to work for this company.
Care Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  175 Tri-County Parkway Cincinnati, OH 45246July 8, 2016
My typical work day at Council On Aging, first thing in the morning I would retrieve messages from my voicemail, and look at our team email group. Look into the assigned task, any issues, or request from our Care Coordinators. My partner and I would determine what task needed escalated attention, or how we were going to organize our day. At Council On Aging I learned a lot of the Long Term Care processes, but I also brought a lot of experience there from my previous employment being a caseworker. When I first received the job with Council On Aging my position was created due to my experience as a Case Worker to help the Care Coordinators to perform their job better out in the community with our clients. As far as management, it was a pleasure to work with them, and to create opportunities, and better work ethics for my co-workers. The hardest part of my job at Council On Aging was not being able to help every family due to over income guidelines, not being able to provide the families with all their needed services for their family member. The most enjoyable part was to be able to make a difference for our clients, provide them with different resources, helping them or their families with certain processes, and providing them with services for them or their loved one's.
Cons
Not being able to provide services to others.
Great to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2016
Overall COA is great to work with. I've always had supportive supervisors and coworkers. Due to turnover caseloads can be high but with the support of my coworkers and supervisor it has been manageable. You often get free CEUs , flexibility in your work schedule depending on your position.
Pros
CEU opportunities, clients, flexibility in work schedule, work from home option, coworkers
Cons
High health insurance, case loads
CEU opprotunites are available
case manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2015
Caseloads are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too many clients and not enough workers. or support when needed about critical cases!
Pros
Would be flexible if you did not have a high caseload, pay rate is good
Cons
health insurance too high, work load is too HIGH!
Work Balance and Wonderful Staff
Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2014
As a student Intern I shadow case managers and other staff in their departments at Council on Aging. Everyone who I've met with has been wonderful and accommodating to help me grow as a student and in the field of gerontology. I've learned the basic principles of the company and it's computer system as well as how assessments go at the clients' home. I will be there until graduation so I will continue to learn more. A downfall is that they don't have interns often so the schedule is always changing and not set.
Pros
Business Casual, Accommodating, Welcoming
Great support and educational oppurtunities
Case Manager/Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioDecember 10, 2013
Hours were from 8-5. Caseloads vascillated greatly but I felt there was great support from supervisors and coworkers when needed. I increased my Case Management skills. Coworkers were great.
Hardest part of my job was inability to regulate the amount of cases assigned to me. I at one time had 85 cases. Again loved the consumers and being able to assist with services access and development. Monitoring satisfaction and health and safety
Pros
Great backup
Cons
Inability to control size of caseload
Assistance for seniors
Licensed Social Worker - Assessor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2013
Everyday is something different.
There is always new stuff to learn and how to do your job.
Able to work from home and have some flexibility.
Co-workers are great