Country Fair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Country Fair
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2018
County Fair is a good place to work. You are expected to do daily cleaning. You would clean the bathroom, parking lot, change ALL garbage's, vacuum, and dust al while maintaining the balance of cashing customer's out.
Pros
Breaks
Great company to work for
Assosiate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 21, 2018
I have worked for Country Fair 3 times. I left twice as an assistant manager. This company promotes from within. This company cares about it's employees.
Pros
Open availiability, food discounts
Cons
low wages
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, PAFebruary 15, 2018
great place to work friendly people up beat made the job fun always there if you had a question first time working as a food service worker i enjoyed it fast paced sometimes slow to get caught up with things that had to be done recommend for a first job for someone just starting out great for people that want customer service experience got to meet alot of different people very great being employed there
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
excellent place to work.
Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 14, 2018
My location has always been decent place to work. The neighborhood is nice, the customers are friendly, and the employees provide good customer service and work together well. I have worked at my location for nearly ten years now. They have been very flexible with my scheduling while I was working my way through college, and they are still flexible to this day, should the need ever arise. I have worked with numerous store and assistant managers over the years, and they have all been knowledgeable, good at what they do, and enjoyable to work with. I am on a first name basis with many of my customers and look forward to seeing my regulars. The job can be fast-paced during rush hours, but I never found it to be stressful or unpleasant.
Pros
flexible hours, discounts on food service, many store locations in my area.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Needed a job after being let go from another...hire process went fast and smooth. The on the job training days could use more time put to those. One day just doesn't seem like enough. But overall it is a good place to work....
Cons
No chairs to sit in at register...got bad knees and that could be useful
I love working for this company.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I have worked for this company for 7 years. I had previously worked for them for 2 years prior. I came back because I loved working for the company. I started as a sales associate and moved to store manager over my career with this company. I love seeing my regular customers everyday and I try to make their day better. I have learned a lot.
Pros
room to advance
Fast paced, higher advancement
Cashier, Fair, Manager ect. (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYFebruary 12, 2018
You become relaxed as you would meet people who were regulars. Your always learning something new. There is room for advancement. The best part I loved about my job was how you could bounce around at different jobs within the store.
First job!
cashire (Former Employee) –  Albion, paFebruary 11, 2018
A horrible first job. The company was never able to aquire good full time employees. I was constantly having to stay over due to someone not showing up. This is turn effected me in school because I was in my senior r if high school. I work third and went to school right after work. However I was trained as a fill in shift manager. So when our shift managers or managers didn't show up to work I was responsible for staying and running the store. This happened more time than not which is why I ultimately quit.
Pros
Half hour lunch?!
Cons
Management was disorganized.
Great Company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinboro, PAFebruary 9, 2018
I have worked for Country Fair for over 10 years now. I have learned a great deal and this company has and still continues to take great care of myself and my fellow employees. I didn't think at 18 that I would still be working for a convenience location but it is a decision I am glad I made and I will continue to work for until retirement. Their emphasis on family and creating a good working environment has been one of the many reasons why I love Country Fair so much.
Good
Boss (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Good peeps, friendly people, good atmosphere, works around other job schedules. Good advancement opportunities if you give effort and have a half a brain
Excellent opportunity if you want to grow with the company
Management (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Been here 20 years and enjoy it. It is challenging and fast paced but if you come in and work hard you will have an opportunity to learn a lot of life skills and grow a career.
I lovex the company
Regional trainer (Former Employee) –  Erie County, PAJanuary 25, 2018
We had disagreements but I was planning on relocating and since then I am looking for a new.job in a decent line of work. The fast paced environment where you can advamce very fast was the beat.
my review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 18, 2018
most day's things were fine however some times management did not do the correct job A big lack of commutation with employees, and talking about fellow employees.
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Great company to work for. I have excellent health care and really enjoy the job. The only reason I might leave is I am going to have to relocate and there are no stores where I'm going to.
Management sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PANovember 15, 2017
Management at this store is awful and it's a drama filled ship with rats in it. Alot of talk about each other and apparently if you talk bad there, they will suspend you and play games. This place is not a good work environment and the management team needs replaced! Good luck if you wanna work there!
Pros
None really!
Cons
Management likes to play games
Fast paced, lots of room for growth.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 4, 2017
Typical work day was many hours, no lunch break and never sat down.
I learned multi-tasking, time management, satisfying customers.
The hardest part of the job was in a management position when people call off and no one else wants to come in and cover the shift it is on you. This becomes very tiresome and hard when you are a single mom.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the change in atmosphere. I was very good at what I did and therefore I was transferred to many stores to clean them up or help train staff. I worked for one store manager that I learned the most from that really impacted me and has turned me into the employee I am today.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Never really getting to take an actual lunch break.
Cashier
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 19, 2017
Country Fair was a fun fast paced environment to work at. I really enjoyed my time there, However I do wish they paid more hourly. I would still work there if i didnt get sick and my position needed filled.
Not a place I would advise working.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 27, 2017
Decent first time job. Depending on location, management is shaky and plenty of lazy people. Can be easy to advance if you have some whits about you but management isn't payed well and neither is the rest of the staff. Expectations seem high but lazy people get let off the easiest. Store location is key.
Pros
Some discounts on food products.
Cons
Most everything else.
good for a first job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sharpsville, PAJune 23, 2017
it was a nice place to start off but is not a job to stick around for. With this job not every employee is treated equally. You get to learn your basics of how to run register, stock, clean, prepare coffee and food. Management does not communicate just leaves notes laying around. therefore, all this job was good for was the basic training and the decent pay.
Pros
pay every week.
Cons
hours vary, no communication
decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAMarch 30, 2017
when on register, help with finalization of purchases, sign in different vendors. keep store clean and clear of trash. stock tobacco products. write off out dated products.
Pros
discount on some products sold in store
Cons
no breaks for non smokers