Country Fair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very nice place of employment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAJuly 6, 2019
I have worked there for about 2 months and they are very flexible for shifts and you have the opportunity to pick up extra if you wish for more money. They work with you when you need time off or whenever you have a family emergency.
Productive but very stressful
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Albion, PAApril 24, 2019
Wish that we would be on the same terms as days off for holidays as corporate office is. And take everything we do as a manager more seriously. And more of a professional way to discipline when employees are not doing what they should be.
Pros
Two 15 minute paid breaks and time and a half for holidays
Cons
To many call offs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHApril 22, 2019
Not a bad place to work does need some improvements but overall a good steady job. Hiring younger kids 18 years old who don't ask for identification when buying certain products.
Pros
discounts on food.
Cons
no set breaks
Was a very fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 26, 2018
I loved working with them I had a lot of fun and we had so much fun with all the co workers we all had a great ti,e we was a team and I really didn't want to leave but was in a bad situation and really had no choice
Manager is too young to handle the store
3rd shift (Former Employee) –  2211 Mccalland Erie PADecember 12, 2018
The manager in the store is too young can't handle it. The managers lack communication and respect for all. The workers have no idea what is going on. The higher ups don't care and no team work.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
We got a discount on food and drinks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2018
I worked for them for 16years and I did paper work at least twice a week and stocked the shelves when needed.I had to work every holiday and in the winter we had to make sure that the front of the store was shoveled and salted
Pros
We got vacation time
Cons
Had to holidays
It is a decent paying job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, PANovember 10, 2018
It can be a good place to work. Would be a great part time
Job . to much to handle if,working alot of hours
It is not a very friendly enviroment and there is very little team work and upper management is very poor and useless
Pros
Cons
Work enviroment
Fun place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 15, 2018
Country fair was a fun place to work . The training is great. Very detailed. Clean , only problem is that you have to be in the clan or you do not advance no matter how good of an employee you are. The pay is horrible but the vacation is good. Health benefits are great.
Pros
Vacation, health benefits
Cons
You have to be in the clan to advance
I think this is a great company towork for and always oppurtunity for advanment
Food Service Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 1, 2018
I enjoy being employed with this company. Not only is it a fun, fast paced work environment, employees are treated well and with respect. Many benefits.
Blah i cant stand it
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 18, 2018
Just a starting job so blah, i however show up and do what i need todo. Though i feel never getting a chance to see the mainstaff makes it easy to say things about me behind my back which are not true.
Pros
Good amount of hours
Cons
Having issues with my coworkers
Good Job, Poor Employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 16, 2018
Working at Country Fair would be decent if they would not just hire anyone who applies. There are too many employees with little or no work ethic. The job would be more tolerable, more efficient, and overall higher quality if they chose their hires more carefully.
Pros
Easy to find near home location
Cons
Many employees have poor work ethic
Country Fair
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2018
County Fair is a good place to work. You are expected to do daily cleaning. You would clean the bathroom, parking lot, change ALL garbage's, vacuum, and dust al while maintaining the balance of cashing customer's out.
Pros
Breaks
I love working for Country Fair
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 26, 2018
I have worked at my location for 3 years now. I must say I love working here! I was able to advance to a shift manager pretty quickly after being hired. Although the pay is not the best, getting paid every week helps a bit. Dont get me wrong. This is a very fast paced job. Youre constantly on your feet, and you talk to people, a LOT of them. Some, theyre having the best day of their life. Others, you caught them on the worst day possible. But if youre someone who cant just stand around, then apply apply apply! I have some of the best customers. My coworkers have become somewhat my family, theyre some of the best people Ive ever worked with.
Now of course this isnt going to be true with all stores. Not all managers are going to be the best. Not all the employees are going to like each other. Sometimes, you have to pick up slack from someone else and youll come home from work absolutely exhausted. It happens to al of us. At any job. Theres good days and theres bad days.
Just like everyone else I wake up probably every single day dreading work, saying i hate it, but I swear I love it. Honestly, I'm pretty sure its the customers who make it the best.
The work isnt terrible, its pretty repetitive. The register is very easy and touch screen, meaning you don't have to remember any codes. Its all pretty self explanatory when you actually look at it.
Food service is my home away from home (if were being honest) theres always something to do. At my location we dont make pizzas unfortunately. But theres always grab and go (pretty repetitive and easy recipes) and our warmer products
  more... (Have you tried our cheesecake bites? Theyre amazing). And of course, making subs and wraps for customers. Baking bread, and all that fun stuff.
Other than that, store cleaning and stocking of product, stocking cigarettes and other tobacco.
Pros
Discounts on food service items, weekly pay
Cons
Wish they paid better
Great company to work for
Assosiate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 21, 2018
I have worked for Country Fair 3 times. I left twice as an assistant manager. This company promotes from within. This company cares about it's employees.
Pros
Open availiability, food discounts
Cons
low wages
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, PAFebruary 15, 2018
great place to work friendly people up beat made the job fun always there if you had a question first time working as a food service worker i enjoyed it fast paced sometimes slow to get caught up with things that had to be done recommend for a first job for someone just starting out great for people that want customer service experience got to meet alot of different people very great being employed there
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
excellent place to work.
Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 14, 2018
My location has always been decent place to work. The neighborhood is nice, the customers are friendly, and the employees provide good customer service and work together well. I have worked at my location for nearly ten years now. They have been very flexible with my scheduling while I was working my way through college, and they are still flexible to this day, should the need ever arise. I have worked with numerous store and assistant managers over the years, and they have all been knowledgeable, good at what they do, and enjoyable to work with. I am on a first name basis with many of my customers and look forward to seeing my regulars. The job can be fast-paced during rush hours, but I never found it to be stressful or unpleasant.
Pros
flexible hours, discounts on food service, many store locations in my area.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Needed a job after being let go from another...hire process went fast and smooth. The on the job training days could use more time put to those. One day just doesn't seem like enough. But overall it is a good place to work....
Cons
No chairs to sit in at register...got bad knees and that could be useful
I love working for this company.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I have worked for this company for 7 years. I had previously worked for them for 2 years prior. I came back because I loved working for the company. I started as a sales associate and moved to store manager over my career with this company. I love seeing my regular customers everyday and I try to make their day better. I have learned a lot.
Pros
room to advance
Fast paced, higher advancement
Cashier, Fair, Manager ect. (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYFebruary 12, 2018
You become relaxed as you would meet people who were regulars. Your always learning something new. There is room for advancement. The best part I loved about my job was how you could bounce around at different jobs within the store.
First job!
cashire (Former Employee) –  Albion, paFebruary 11, 2018
A horrible first job. The company was never able to aquire good full time employees. I was constantly having to stay over due to someone not showing up. This is turn effected me in school because I was in my senior r if high school. I work third and went to school right after work. However I was trained as a fill in shift manager. So when our shift managers or managers didn't show up to work I was responsible for staying and running the store. This happened more time than not which is why I ultimately quit.
Pros
Half hour lunch?!
Cons
Management was disorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Fair, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.