COUNTRY Financial Employee Reviews

Not for Older Workers
COBOL Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 10, 2018
I left because there was no growth path for older workers. The company culls many workers before they are 50.

They have been caught (and prevented) from firing active duty reservists in Claims.

They take methodologies like Scrum and PMI and "personalize" them.

People on the business side like their jobs, but worry about retention. IT people learned the hard way that they will not retain people. I am glad I left before the big layoffs.
Pros
Good insurance company
Cons
No loyalty
Contact Center
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 1, 2018
Leadership at the Contact Center are extremely selfish. It was a decent paying job with a work from home option. However, leadership is always wanting more from you.
Excellent Company
Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
Very Flexible, the sky is your limit. Excellent Future, very highly rated company in the financial world. Would recommend it for any one who is interested to work in the insurance industry.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Home Office Too Far
Immediate supervisor, desire to improve
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 25, 2018
Key aspects moving targets. Constantly re-structuring, inability to cure small but important key technical and front-line issues.
Enjoyed work-space environment, colleagues: mostly a friendly environment.
Pros
flexible schedule, motivational
Cons
sales goals, lack of brand exposure, short term evaluations
Very productive and fun place to work.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2018
The company is very goal driven. The support both on the client and employee side is amazing. If you are looking for a company that will support your dreams, I would strongly recommend Country Financial.
Official response from COUNTRY Financial
July 6, 2018

Thank you for your review - We appreciate the candid feedback! We will continue to support both clients and employees to the best of our ability, we know it is essential.

Challenging and fun
Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 5, 2018
This job focused on sales, which was both challenging and rewarding. Learned what tasks really are priorities and how to stay focused on the big picture.
ok work environment
Billing Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 31, 2018
Liaison for County health departments, Adult and Family Services, Services to Children and Families, and Senior and Disabled Services through the administration of Oregon Health Plan.
Very sales oriented it's all about the numbers
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2018
Tried it and didn't like it.
Very tough business to be in and all about sales.\
Work a lot of hours and sometimes doesn't even equal minimum wage.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Too much focus on sales and not enough focus on clients.
Recommended
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 18, 2018
The workload varies depending on storms and seasons. We tend to get very busy when hail season and during heavy snowfalls. Once you get the hang of it, the job is easy to navigate and you learn to handle claims completely on your own. The town is very small, I would not recommend for those who have not settled down and for those looking for a fun busy place to live.
Pros
Pto, Vacation, Benefits
Great Job
Receptionist-Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Taylorville, IL 62568May 15, 2018
Just a great place to work. Friendly people to work with. Client a super friendly also. The locating was good. Very clean and girls in Farm Bureau very nice.
I just did my internship at Country Financial.
Internship (Former Employee) –  402 N.Hershey Road Bloomington, IL 61704May 13, 2018
I worked for two Country Financial Insurance Agents. I loved working there and would have loved to stay but they had no openings. They both said they would love to have me work for them but unfortunately no openings. They would have to let someone go that's been there for years. Both are giving me a referral for job hunting.
Pros
Everyone was so great there.
Cons
They didn't have an opening for me to be able to be hireed.
It's Financial Services
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 8, 2018
Totally driven by writing new business.I do not really have any other additional information to .provide regarding working for this company. It was a decent place to be.
Stressful job, very unorganized
Crop Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILMay 3, 2018
There was a huge problem with claims adjusters ending up with the same customer and making duplicate phone calls and emails. The customers would get very angry about that. Also, the territory managers were not helpful in teaching new employees and avoided answering questions or allowing any job shadowing of them. A lot of their management staff was very unorganized and unsure of what was going on in their territories.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Not enough hours to have a set schedule. People who were supposed to be teaching new hirees, did a very poor job.
Great insurance
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 23, 2018
If you want to sell insurance, then this is the company to work for who will help insurance agents to have a great career. They have the best rates, and they treat clients well, and claims are usually a breeze and stress-free for both client and agent.
Great work environment and leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ILApril 14, 2018
Day to day work is challenging and rewarding. Work environment is collaborative and quick paced, projects and initiatives change frequently. Leadership is accessible and quite often seen in the area, stopping to talk with team members. Great environment for learning, team collaboration and advancement in your career. The people are amazing and work life balance is promoted heavily. There are weeks where things are crazy and you work more than your schedule necessarily says, but it is recognized and appreciated by leadership when this happens.
Pros
culture, teams, collaboration
Cons
limited remote opportunities
work place
Loss Control / Field Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 29, 2018
as a field underwriter I set my own schedule and pace. I worked with the Federal Crop insurance section of underwriting which included agent training and certification and working with crop claims. I also did commercial underwriting for farm and business risks. I traveled Washington, Oregon, Nevada and Alaska preforming field underwriting. I enjoyed the position as I was given a company car every year and full expense account. No really bad things to say about the position except explaining the companies position to the customers which just had a large (1,000,000.) loss and trying to keep them as a client.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
away from home for three days at a time, Sometimes weeks
Professional work environment
Division Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 29, 2018
Country Financial provided a positive work environment that supported the professional development and continuing education of its employees, and contributed to community service.
Cons
daily commute
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMarch 19, 2018
Great management, fun office and I learned a lot about insurance! The hardest part of the job was testing and getting certified in Property/Casualty insurance. Typical day was greeting customers, preparing insurance quotes, filing, phone calls.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No room to grow
good people, good company
Financial Representative/Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAMarch 12, 2018
Country is a good solid company with good benefits and training.
The insurance industry is difficult however. They tend to hire a lot of people but not too many make it through training.
Don't do it
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 4, 2018
There are so many places out there to work for go somewhere else. The stress level was so high and HIGH turn over as they are always changing the rules of how much you have to sell. Three strikes and your out. Even if there for years unless you can make it to career rep if you don't make your numbers they will let you go. It is three strikes for the whole time even if there three years if you get three you are done. Nothing can be done with management and he doesn't care either. He will tell you he will pay you for something or pay you back and doesn't. He has his favorite and will let him do anything he wants. I feel bad for anyone that works there for him. Wish the company would of checked out what he is suppose to be doing at least once in awhile. And he was always on vacation when your numbers were due so he says he won't be much help not that he ever was anyway. The clients don't get transferred and go for many months with no agent rather than be given to an agent. The number of agents is low now and I am sure will drop even further. You have a flexible schedule but I found out you really can't take time off work or you will already be behind. Ask how many agents have lost their jobs recently and do your home work on this company or you could get yourself in trouble quick. When was the last time you saw an ad or tv commercial for them? If you don't know who this company is and what they offer how will the people you are trying to sell to. Oh and push all your friends and family until they don't want to talk to you. No family time either so say bye to them and explain to  more... your kids why you aren't around anymore. The training was good until they changed the second part to online instead of in person. The trainers in Bloomington are GREAT!  less
Pros
I liked some of my old coworkers.
Cons
LONG hours, no respect, claims held against the agent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COUNTRY Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight