COUNTRY Financial Employee Reviews

Collaborative and Engaging place to work
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Environment encourages collaboration and fun. The company is customer centered and all projects are focused on how it will impact the customer.

The company has great benefits and focuses on work/life balance.
It was a good place to work
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  College Place, WA 99324December 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Country Financial.

I have but good to say except 2 areas that I had difficulty with that took way too much time from sales, the Farm Bureau, and the Billing Dept. Servicing customers and the pursuit of sales makes the job extremely difficult.
Pros
Good people, Great Training
Cons
Time spent on servicing, gives lack of time in Sales
job security
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2017
constant change to production requirements made it stressful and difficult to keep stress level down and continue to pursue constant employment with them.
If you are on the inside track, it is great
Insurance Brokerage Services (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 17, 2017
Favoritism is a large part of the work/management culture. Taking insurance classes does not guarantee advancement, neither does qualifications. Management is allowed to look past qualifications to accept transfers.
Fun and Productive
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  AtlNovember 9, 2017
Rules change a lot. Not all policies you write count toward your goal. That is unfair. You work hard but the commission is low. Only one auto and home count per household even if you get umbrella or second home you only get 2 credits
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
commission
Simple Work
Personal Lines Underwriting Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 4, 2017
Working in personal lines underwriting support offers little variety for work that can often be extremely boring. Coworkers are generally focused on work and little fun.
Great employer!
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 3, 2017
The job was challenging and kept me going. I learned new things every day! The company is very flexible with personal needs and time off requests. The benefits are outstanding.
Great Company for Insurance agents
AOA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
Great People, great team! They are wonderful to work with.
The AAA and AOAs are the heart of the offices. They have some really great financial representatives.
Summary
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 14, 2017
It is a great place to work. However there was no training to prepare me for what we realistically had to do. Job shadowing would have been great. The manager was awesome but didn't make time to meet with potential clients. I had to wing it from the moment I got out of training.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
training was insufficient
Professional enviroment with strong team building
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 12, 2017
A day at Country Financial is rarely stress free. People with previous experience will have a greater chance at success than someone just getting started. Management is more about helping you achieve goals, and les about monitoring your time. The hardest part of the job is the lack of name recognition. Country Financial is not a household name in the insurance business, and that can be tough to deal with when you first get started. By far the best part of working here is the opportunity to help your friends and families become financially stable.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 11, 2017
A job you get out of what you put in, the benefits, flexibility and compensation are what is really nice. Meeting benchmarks is stressful, but if you have the right market you can do it easily. The management is great.
Excellent benefits
Workers Compensation Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 10, 2017
Excellent place to work. Benefits are very good and decent raises every year. Management listens to your concerns and are very friendly.
Technology is very good and up to date.
Pros
very good PTO program
Cons
No support, no job security, no benefits
Agency Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
Administratively a dead end. Great temporary job. Not a long term place. clock in at 9pm, clock out at 5pm with a 30 minute lunch. Responsibilities include figuring everything out on your own.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lack of job security, no benefits, no managerial support
Hard to have a life
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2017
The nature of the business forces you to be on call for what it feels like 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This is the case for the first 3 years... if you survive past that then I guess life could be better.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No work life balance
Wonderful people but a lot of changes happening when I left.
Billing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 3, 2017
I was very happy with the four different department managers I had during my 5.5 years with the company. The job became very difficult with a new billing system that was less than perfect. I had extensive computer problems during my time there. I retired to help my mother not because I did not want to work there. I really enjoyed my peers.
benefits
Cons
the billing system
Productive place with challenges for you to grow
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 29, 2017
my contract is about to end and the challenges, work environment and co workers helped to grow in my career.
I found the environment is suitable for someone who are open for challenges.
QuickPaced Stressful Job
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALSeptember 23, 2017
It is a good place to work . But for me selling insurance was stressful and not my forte. The people wete great! I learned a lot about myself and the job. It is a great place if you like quick-paced work and like to sell!
Pros
Good people, paid well
Cons
Stress dealing with some of the public
Old boys company
Insurance and Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2017
The support at Country is garbage. The multi line financial practice is dependable for sales nonetheless. Depends on what area of the country you are... this is a strong mid-west brand.
Flexible schedule
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILSeptember 17, 2017
Loved the flexible schedule. Focused on P&C. I wanted to focus on helping clients' financial well being. You're more of an agent than a Financial Advisor at this company
Change is Company Philosophy
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 14, 2017
Country Financial changed their philosophy, in short they overreacted to the DOL ruling, limiting representatives to what we could offer clients, in addition, they changed they also changed the compensation schedule, and removed Fund lineups which left minimal options to offer.
Pros
Large company
Cons
cutthroat, Managers too worried about meeting goals for their next bonus trip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COUNTRY Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9