COUNTRY Financial Employee Reviews

Excellent
Program Manager, Voice of Customer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 25, 2019
I loved working for Country Financial, people all around live by the company's mission and core values. Employees are treated well and have all the opportunities to develop and start new projects.
Managment
Financial Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 4, 2019
The prior manager had a group of agents he liked and if he didn't like you then it was a difficult environment. You are expected to go out and network and find your client base which starts out with your friends and family. They teach you the basics on the products but don't do a lot of training on how to network. If you go into it wanting to be an insurance agent, forget it. If you want to go into it because you love meeting people and are a monster networker and know nothing of insurance this is the job for you.
Pros
good place to start as you were given a salary.
Cons
Poor management
Terrible place to work! Unorganized, co-worker's were rude and had nothing better to do than put each other down!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 31, 2019
I have never worked in an environment that was so catty and unorganized! Nobody worked together and they were more concerned with talking about people's business affairs than actually doing their jobs! Made it very uncomfortable, unprofessional, and highly stressful environment! You cant trust or believe even what your boss tells you, DO NOT WORK THERE!!! Even the customer's seemed to go out of their way just to be rude to you! My recommendation would be for the whole office from Sales Reps to Management to be REPLACED!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!! The pay, stress, co-workers, boss, dysfunctional office in general
Not opportune to write a review
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Marketing to reach clients. Appointment with clients. Love working with people. Culture does not promote growth. Also Wish management was more experienced.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Inexperienced management. High stress.
It’s ok
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 26, 2019
It’s an ok place to work. The best thing about it is my teams dynamic. I feel like there is to many managers and not enough staff. There is not enough resources to complete all goals.
Quality Company
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilton, IAJanuary 18, 2019
A great place to work if you are highly motivated and committed to your clients. The best part of my job was knowing I was able to offer assistance to the agency and its clients to provide quality insurance and financial security.
Great for Agents but not their assistants
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 17, 2019
As an agent's assistant, it is up to the agent to determine your pay and benefits. Most assistants do not get any benefits so in my opinion, I was underpaid. I received only 5 vacation days a year and I could never be out of the office because I was frequently by myself in the office. My agent texted me before and after-hours regularly, and I even had to return to the office one evening at 8PM to mail a letter because the agent couldn't use the postage machine. I had to work odd hours sometimes and cold call people in an attempt to get the agent sales appointments. Additionally, the agent had me doing things for multiple private businesses that the agent and agent's spouse operated.

Although there are many great clients, the job can be very stressful when dealing with upset customers and billing problems regularly. The home office staff was friendly and normally easy to work with. There is zero room for advancement for an assistant.
Pros
Other Country assistants were always very friendly and helpful
Cons
Agents can dictact your time however they want because they pay you
Teamwork
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJanuary 15, 2019
The work environment is great! Everyday you learned something new and it really took teamwork to make thing run smoothly. Communication is so important too.
Pros
environment
Cons
advancement
sales
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2019
a very hard goal to achieve as a financial insurance rep... you have to be a real hustler... work hours are flexible but you better always be selling and looking for opportunities otherwise you just working to build your mentors book of business
Not a job for someone who can't handle stress or suffers from anxiety
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2019
It takes a special person to handle the stress and anxiety that comes with being an Insurance Agent with any company. There is a lot of sales training provided, not so much when it comes to product knowledge
Pros
salary
Terrible work environment
Agency Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 4, 2019
The manager was new and ran almost all of the employees out so when I joined the company, I was the only one in the office and there wasn't much to do so I was bored 90% of the time and I was alone in the office a lot which also contributed to boredom.

A few more employees started after I got there and all but 2 had quit before I left as well (I was only there 4 months) so they were having a hard time holding down that office and it was a wreck.
Fun and friendly environment
Administrative Assistant/CSR/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALDecember 29, 2018
I was with Country for almost 5 years and I loved ever min of it. I wish I was still there but after I moved it made it hard. For two years I drove an hour to work and an hour home, it just became to much but it was an amazing job! My boss was seriously the best ever!!
Pros
Relaxed, worked with you on time off.
Cons
Pay could have been better.
Productive and interactive workplace with professional self-starters
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 20, 2018
Excellent team at COUNTRY Financial. Great leadership in management with a down to earth approach, walking alongside to help financial advisers achieve their dreams and support the greater human interests of security.
Pros
Great salary and compensation.
Cons
The name triggers people into thinking about the stock market crash in 2008. Still.
not fun
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 14, 2018
I would rather work at a gas station than for this company. they do not treat employees well. do not communicate in a timely manner. They do not offer any work life balance
Outgoing Environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 7, 2018
Slow paced with a focus on customer service, with a very family friendly vibe. Wonderful place to be apart of, and would recommend to any friend or family member.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IADecember 5, 2018
Good place to work, management was available for any questions or concerns. Work week was 40 hours. I worked for an agent in Urbandale Iowa on 86th street.
country financial rep
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 27, 2018
you need to work very hard and be a self starter to work here
benefits are not very good,, lots of flex time to work at your own pace .. insurance rates are not the greatest but the products for clients are very good
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 24, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work that was challenging and rewarding. It was obvious that you made an impact every day. The management promoted a great culture and hopefully that will continue.
no easy to look a person in the face and sell them insurance
Outside Sales/Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 16, 2018
Looking for a career that offers a big potential financial upside, a wealth of job opportunity and the lure of self-employment? If you enjoy forging relationships and are committed to client service (and can handle plenty of rejection), insurance sales could well be for you.
Pros
money
Cons
lies
Great place to work.
Claims Support Associate Sr (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 14, 2018
Based on my position there, I was able to network with several other people in different departments and job shadow to learn of their roles. My supervisor encouraged this, and encouraged me within my job and career pursuits. Encouraged additional training, and education, hence the AINS designation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COUNTRY Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight