COUNTRY Financial Employee Reviews

not fun
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 14, 2018
I would rather work at a gas station than for this company. they do not treat employees well. do not communicate in a timely manner. They do not offer any work life balance
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IADecember 5, 2018
Good place to work, management was available for any questions or concerns. Work week was 40 hours. I worked for an agent in Urbandale Iowa on 86th street.
country financial rep
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 27, 2018
you need to work very hard and be a self starter to work here
benefits are not very good,, lots of flex time to work at your own pace .. insurance rates are not the greatest but the products for clients are very good
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 24, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work that was challenging and rewarding. It was obvious that you made an impact every day. The management promoted a great culture and hopefully that will continue.
no easy to look a person in the face and sell them insurance
Outside Sales/Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 16, 2018
Looking for a career that offers a big potential financial upside, a wealth of job opportunity and the lure of self-employment? If you enjoy forging relationships and are committed to client service (and can handle plenty of rejection), insurance sales could well be for you.
Pros
money
Cons
lies
Great place to work.
Claims Support Associate Sr (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 14, 2018
Based on my position there, I was able to network with several other people in different departments and job shadow to learn of their roles. My supervisor encouraged this, and encouraged me within my job and career pursuits. Encouraged additional training, and education, hence the AINS designation.
Poorly Managed Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 13, 2018
This company is run by a bunch of chiefs and no Indians. Why this company is so top heavy and poor performance. The system is designed to benefit the managers at the expense of representatives which is a sad!
Pros
Decent training and paid for licenses.
Cons
Top heavy company and unreasonable sales quotas.
Great bosses, boring job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 7, 2018
Very low key position. My biggest struggle was not having enough to keep me busy or challenged throughout the day. Wonderful bosses. Couldn't ask for better managers! Great opportunity for those wanting to learn the industry and obtain their insurance license.
Pros
Some flexibility with time off, etc.
Cons
Low pay, boring
Insurance Agent
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 7, 2018
Typical day at work involves servicing current clients and prospecting for new business. Management does a great job in keeping you on task and training is definitely a plus!
Great insurance
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, IL 61068November 5, 2018
I liked the office atmosphere. Good boss. I liked talking to the clients. I had to make cold calls to drum up business after office hours, this was the hardest part of the job. Calling people at home usually during their supper time.
Pros
Nice clean office
Cons
Cold calling
Good company that pays well if you live in Bloomington.
Associate Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 22, 2018
I had the one supervisor in customer service that was unprofessional. He's gone now but I wish management would have dealt with his attitude. He was long time employee and ex-military.

Otherwise, not a bad job. Their business model for Agents is messed up. You spend almost your entire day apologizing to customers for agents mistakes or for the fact they can't reach their agents.

Country was pricey as well so lots of complaints about the cost of insurance. They are small enough that they still care and take pretty good care of their customers. They are gradually growing and their is room for advancement.
Pros
Pay and benefits if you are full-time and work at the headquarters.
Cons
It's a call-center so you get complaints all day over the phone.
Claims Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 22, 2018
Claims dept was great place to work. Good benefits, great people. Very stressful during storm season, but everyone helped everyone! A family atmosphere.
Pros
Felt like family
Cons
Stressful during storm season
Country does not allow enough time to grow business
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, GAOctober 21, 2018
If you don't meet production you are terminated, the timeframe is not enough to get new clients, you have no say in the Commercial that you sell. All training is toward selling, no training on procedure. Allot of the sales don't count toward overall sales which can cause you to not meet production
Pros
You are outside sales
Cons
Lack of training, no assistance, sales not being counted toward production
Great company
Insurance Agent Assistant (Current Employee) –  SelahOctober 10, 2018
Encourages & supports local community. Ve er y responsive ro clients. Your treated like a friend not just a customer. Encourage employees. Educational & helpful information to help improve performance
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Can be slow
Great compensation and benefits, bad management and leadership
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 4, 2018
The grass isn't always greener on the other side. There were a lot of fake people, all vying to get ahead. Pretty dog eat dog environment. A lot of gossip, back biting going on. You have to drink the culture kool aid or you won't fit in. Sucking up is the name of the game.
Great coworkers and a great place to work
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 25, 2018
It seems like everyone is nice and helpful and the company and management truly care about employee development. I learned more working at COUNTRY Financial than I did in college and appreciate all of the opportunities I received.
Quiet
Licensed Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Due to the circumstances, I rather not give a review. It was quiet with no-coworkers to discuss work with. Spent most of my work days by myself. There also was a limited choice of where to buy lunch.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
No co-workers
I worked alone and did everything and more than asked of me.
Assistant to Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, ILSeptember 21, 2018
The Agent was never in, always getting her nails done or going to lunch or on vacation. I could never give the clients an actual time frame of when she would be in,.
Pros
working alone
Cons
no breaks, no agent to ask questions to or have handle clients.
It wants to be better.
MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 13, 2018
On the surface the company wants to be modern and competitive, for customer acquisition and talent recruitment. Unfortunately, it is by nature risk averse, ultra conservative, and mired in clunky processes and antiquated systems preventing it from keeping pace or even catching up to the speed of 21st century business.
Great Company to work for.
Filling Clerk (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 3, 2018
Really enjoyed here, the position was part time. I would work here again.
Small town business, community oriented, serving farming population in the area.
Pros
Small community
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COUNTRY Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight