Country Hearth Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Not the greatest work place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Point, OHApril 10, 2018
Some front desk ppl are nice, but management can't make up their mind between her way or the right way. Choses between family and good workers. Keeps family close, but other employees, basically they don't matter cause they aren't family
Pros
Friendly guests
Cons
Management is lacking management
It was okay working at Country Hearth Inn
Front Desk Associate, Housekeeping, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALFebruary 7, 2018
Country Hearth Inn was okay in that it did provide regular and not temporary or seasonal work. Management liked to have people cross train however failed to provide any compensation or even kudos.
quite environment great place to work if you're a student
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 7, 2018
I was the supervisor over the housekeeping department and the front desk management. My typical day was cleaning and checking the breakfast area. Booking rooms, checking the hallways and mopping the front area. Calling rooms to remind them of their check out time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay was cut
I dont think i would recommend.
Housekeeper/ front desk (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALDecember 26, 2017
This job was very good at first, then management started to get bad . I was the only house keeper and had to clean over 80 rooms a day , it was very hard on me with no help .
Would never work there again
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 20, 2017
Worked at the one in Erlanger, Ky. I would never ever step foot back in that place again. You are treated horribly. The owner has no backbone and lets the woman at the front desk say who works there and who doesn't. The place is nasty. They get free donuts from a place down the road that they were going to throw out. And they serve that garbage to the guests. And the fridge that they store them in is so nasty I would never eat them.
Pros
There is no pro except maybe that you can live there and work there
Cons
Everything else about that place is a Con
Great job.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 2, 2017
I loved everything about this job the people are great the environment was amazing I worked here for over two years and I moved states and had to leave. The staff threw me a going away party
Interesting place to work.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kenton, OHJune 9, 2017
I check in guests, answer phones, take in cash and credit cards. I write the schedule and do the payroll. I work on all three shifts through out the week. The job is very easy to do and does not require a lot of working. The hardest part of the job is learning how to handle guests that are upset and try to figure out how to correct the situation. The other hard part is having to train individuals that only last for a couple of months and then quit on us. They enjoyable part of the job is the people that I work with.
Caring owner
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJune 1, 2017
This Hotel was a great introductory to the hospitality business. the owner has little to no knowledge on how to effectively run a business, but the effort was always there. There were no benefits, and because of the lack of experience they would constantly call at all hours to ask questions or expect me to drop everything and come in without pay. They always appreciated it, but from time to time took advantage of me.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
overwhelming and unorganized
Good for extra money
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 4, 2017
This is a decent job for someone to make some extra money, but it has no advancement and pay stays about the same. (minimum) The job is easy, but the management isn't always easy to work with.
Underpaid and pushed to the max
United States (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 4, 2017
The boss works ypu 14 + hours and comes in when he wants. Paying 6 and hour and if you take longer than 5 minutes for a break you lose an hour. Allow men to rent a room for 30 minutes (*if your catch my drift*) and leave and your stuck cleaning up after him and the nasty female he brought along.
Pros
Cons
Eveeything
Very warm atmosphere to work in
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCNovember 30, 2016
Rooms were cleaned in 15 minutes or less.
A hotel for railroad workers.
little grill in hotel that has really good food.
bad weather was provided accommodations.
Pros
half price in grill
Cons
really stressful work to have to rush and finish in a timed environment.
Ok
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 4, 2016
It's ok, but I don't feel valued. Would have stayed if I was at least paid decent. Too many egos and not enough communication. Wish it was better than that.
Pros
Cons
Too many
The hours are good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALSeptember 20, 2016
If you want a day job with just a few hours a day this is a good day job just don't let what they say bother you and do not agree to anything they say
A paycheck
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 14, 2015
No chance to progress, hourly pay is mediocre and job tasks continue to increase with complete disregard to other obligations, such as children, school, other jobs
Liked my supervisors and got along well with guests and employees
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCAugust 21, 2014
Usually worked first shift and sometimes had to pull doubles if an employee did not show or called in sick. Managed all the day to day business reports, deposits, ran errands, etc.
great hotel
Hotel Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 31, 2014
people i worked with were nice. management was great always worked with my schedule. they have holiday parties are great working with guest was great success.
Pros
holiday parties and guest
Cons
benefits and quality of housekeepers
Not a pleasurable experience
Front Desk Clerk, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 8, 2012
The manager and I didn't know how to work well with eachother. I never got a raise no matter what I did, even when I did the things to earn the raise.
Pros
made money
Cons
was a terrible place to work, will never return.