Country Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Found 1,151 reviews matching the search See all 1,247 reviews
Excellent Employer, Not Enough Pay
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 23, 2019
I don't really have anything negative to say about Country Inn & Suites except that the pay was insufficient for the quality, amount, and nature of the work being performed.
Pros
Systems easy to learn, Processing payments was easy
Cons
Pay not nearly sufficient
meh
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 22, 2019
I think the previous owners sold this property but when i worked there it was horrible. There was not one person that could tell you who talk to about things going on in the hotel as far as owner is concerned it was just bad all around
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 20, 2019
I have been there before renovating so I know property very wel so l am glad to manage this property. I like the returning customers who continue to stay at our hotel
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Horrible managers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 17, 2019
Do not work here, horrible managers, roaches in breakfast kitchen, reviews are fake, no one has more than 3 days to work a week & 6-8 hrs to work with $8 an hrs they pay. No raise, don't appreciate workers, treat workers like slaves.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
No breaks
good days bad days
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 14, 2019
when i started there it was good then the i did not get my rise after 90 days i had to keep on them then i finally got it i went from 8.00 to 8;50 it was good. then i got sick spring my ankle, sick again . i was to deep clean the rooms in march 2019, but the head housekeeper toke it away from me because she did not thing i could do it because of my knee i had a knee replacement in my right knee 3 of them so it does not workright i could still do my job cleaning and things she said it was because she was worried about my health, i think she was just discrimingating against me because of my knee i cleaned all the rooms right just a little extra clean like lights in the bathroom above he sink and pictures frames .
Great work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 14, 2019
Great place to work at co workers are are always willing to help each other. Job is very rewarding it gives a sense of pride and ownership of job. The owner is great also
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Assistant General Manager (AGM) (Former Employee) –  Lookout Mountain, TNMarch 12, 2019
There was never a single hint of culture at that hotel. It was hard as a AGM to get a culture started when all that was around you wanted no part in that. A hotel culture is vital to the security and integrity of any hotel.
Pros
Work family and good loyalty
Cons
No work culture and a upper management team that does not support their GMs and AGMs
an ok place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 9, 2019
over work workers, and management not productive.
need more communication skills, need to get to rid of family & friends working together. needs to be a bit more professional.
Country Inn & Suites is a agreat place to work while attending school.
Front Desk Clerk / Auditor (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILMarch 9, 2019
I was the night auditor there and it was the best thing for going to school full-time. After school was done, it also helped when we had our daughter, so it made it so there wouldn't be a need for daycare.
Raises were inconsistent and very low. Unless you planned on being a manager and willing to relocate, there was no chance for advancement. (and that is only because the owners were buying new properties to manage and needed more people).
I worked there far longer than I had intended.
Perks included getting half-off a room for any Country Inn property,
Pros
I loved the night shift, half-off rooms.
Cons
management, pay, feeling less appreciated as the years went by.
New ownership always looking for negitive never anything positive after 2 years i left the deneral manager was a great lady that cared about the emplo
Executive Director housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2019
After 2 years there I left because of new owners very unprofessional and always negative, I have worked 50 plus hours every week with no appreciation from them they have alot to learn about how employees should be treated ... they even ask if I bribed housekeepers to go with me they left because of lack of appreciation and negative aphomosphire ,they put me on salary 2 days before payday and took all my overtime away how illegal is that ...the only positive thing I can say is about the general manager but that is the only reason I stayed there 2 years
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No respect drana gossip fron frint desk
Room for advancement if you stick with it
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 6, 2019
I enjoyed my time working with the company, many different types of people you meet there and different vast cultures its really quite fun! With the right team and management the job tends to be much easier to deal with the more you are able to get along the more productive you will be.
Pros
Discounted hotel rates
Cons
Family/work life is a struggle
Country Inn & Suites
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MN & St Cloud MNMarch 5, 2019
I worked here through High School and College. This was a great job for me to work at and help me increase my attention to detail and learn how to deal with customer.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
I enjoyed the work
Ok if you like to meet new people.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 4, 2019
I did have some moments that were pretty funny while working there. One thing is though if you are sick - you work your shift even if you have the flu or fever according to management at the time.
Pros
A chance to meet so many different people.
Cons
Please was not kept up as it should have been.
Very nice
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTFebruary 28, 2019
Love work there. Staff is amazing. Always helpful. Always friendly. Breakfast is awesome. Fresh cookies. Always take care of your needs. Fresh coffee every day.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 26, 2019
Shift goes by quick when working all over hotel, good management, excellent benefits, multiple ways to get paid, easy online access to pay stubs and tax forms
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 26, 2019
I love working at country inns an suites it was fun good management good staff it was my second home..
Some days was good an some days was bad when some staff call offf but overall a good place to work
Fun exciting
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2019
I really enjoyed working at the Country Inn. i check guest in and out the hotel. Accommodating any special request the have. Dealing with money ,keeping the front of the hotel nice and neat
Good learning experience but, the manages gave false growth potential
Weekend Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NC 28078February 23, 2019
Ok job to receive hotel discount benefits. Enjoyed the customers and giving outstanding customer service but, the pay is too low and based on census, unpredictable salary and no growth.
Pros
Hotel Discounts and job experience was good for me and customer service
Cons
Low wages, understaffed, no benefits, no job growth
suitable for those with open availability and those who desire minimal hours
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 20, 2019
Country Inn is a nice establishment for those who desire minimal pay. Although there are incentives, you will not receive the raises promised. The night shift is perfect for those who desire a relaxed environment, contrary to the morning and day shift.
Pros
minimal hours
Cons
dissorganization throughout management and employees
looking for better pay
FRONT DESK CLERK/NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 17, 2019
I love working here, i have a 12 year old daughter that i need to be home for. I work, 2nd and 3rd shift and this takes me away from that. I also need more money a hour to be able to take care of my daughter otherwise love working here
Pros
disount rooms also traveling
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.