Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family-oriented workplace
Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJuly 15, 2018
Country Meadows has been a very supportive place to work in terms of coworkers, residents, and management. Although I wish I got paid more and was on my feet way less, I feel at home there, and it doesn't feel like too much of a bother to go work. I intend to keep working here to support my college costs and personal costs.
Pros
Free lunch, lovely residents, awesome coworkers and staff
Cons
Long hours, on your feet for a long time
Miserable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2018
Horrible management, unprofessional, clique mentality and uneducated.

The whole culture of the place is to throw everyone under the bus. Instead of working, they’re too busy watching everyone else work and nitpicking nonsense.

You will hate it! No matter what position. High turnover!
I couldn’t stay and watch the poor PCA’s get treated like garbage.

Don’t even waste your time complaining to their corporate office. Falls on deaf ears and nothing happens.

Worst place to work in the Lehigh valley!
Pros
Benefits are very affordable.
Cons
Everything about this place!
rewarding job
CULINARY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2018
As any job has its ups and downs, this job makes you feel like you are really making a difference. The residents are so thankful and appreciative of all that you do. The residents make any negative about the company seem small and insignificant. Management for the most part is fair and understanding, there are some managers that are tougher than others. I love my job here
Great place
Home Care Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 7, 2018
I loved working for Country Meadows. Unfortunately I was a HCA and they got rid of the position. If it wasn't for that, I would still be working there. It was a great place!
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your note. Please consider coming back to us working directly for one of our locations. It's a safe bet that our residents and fellow co-workers miss you! We appreciate your service.

Management does not care
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 27, 2018
I worked as a pca for 3 plus years. First shift is treated unfairly by management and we worked the hardest. No management on other shifts so they don't do their jobs yet first shift gets blamed. Talked to our supervisor and does not care. Doesn't care that everyone is leaving all within a year. Great employees but even the director doesn't care about you. They can't even say hello. Too bad because coworkers are great. Things have changed for the worse since I started 3 years ago. Resident families even complain about management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor managemenr
July 9, 2018

Country Meadows works very hard to create a positive work environment for co-workers. As part of those efforts, we have numerous ways for co-workers to share concerns anonymously. If you haven't already done so, please consider calling our confidential co-worker hotline or email corporate@CountryMeadows.com. Even though you are no longer a co-worker, please reach out so we can investigate any potential issues. Thank you for your time spent working hard with our residents.

Great atmosphere to work in
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 22, 2018
Country meadows is a good place to work when ur fresh out of high school or college. They do not work well with school hours and work hours. The employees are very nice as well.
Pros
Good food
July 9, 2018

Thank you for being part of our team. Our managers try to accommodate various schedules, but at the end of the day, we have to be absolutely certain we have enough co-workers working to provide residents with the care they deserve. Please stop by and pay us a visit from time to time.

Great Place Work
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 15, 2018
Love working for this company. I look forward to go to work and everyday they remind us how important we are. I definitely feel appreciated at this job! Lots of opportunity to move up every 6 months and you can change locations as well and it is not frowned upon.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your talents with our residents and co-workers. We all love to eat and some of the best conversations take place around the dinner table.

I have enjoyed working with Country Meadows since the day that I started there.
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 15, 2018
I have been allowed to use my experience in both Culinary and Management every day. I have had the opportunity to learn the Health Care side of the industry that I was unfamiliar with prior to coming here.
Pros
Professional management and staff.
Cons
It's in Lancaster, Pa.

Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 13, 2018
Loved my job and the residents I worked for. Even though they were very demanding and wanted things right away. I still loved that I was helping them do stuff they couldn’t do for themselves.
July 9, 2018

Our residents are wonderful and truly care about co-workers. Thank you for being part of our team.

Residents are awesome, discremination do exist to some coworkers.
Personal Care Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 9, 2018
Fast pace environment. I've learned that even if a coworkers is not doing their job properly, as long as they are engaged with the politics within the community they can last. If you dont know politics, it's not a place for you to work. If you are honest and dedicated to your job but you don't join the culture, you will not last in that kind of workplace. The hardest part of the job is, if you are working with a coworker who is bossing you around becuase there is a discremination of seniority and ethnicity, and if you a new. But what I enjoy the most is that the residents are fun to be with, they are awesome, smart and you will learn a lot from them.
Pros
Free meals during holidays, subsidized meals
Cons
Discremination exist and politics
July 9, 2018

We hear it all the time: our residents make working at Country Meadows worthwhile. Country Meadows is proud of the team we’ve put together and values every co-worker, regardless of his/her position. We work very hard to create a positive environment for co-workers as well as the residents we serve. We have numerous ways for co-workers to share concerns and if you are uncomfortable approaching campus management, encourage you to contact our Home Office team or use our completely confidential co-worker hotline. Please share your concerns so we can look into them. Thank you for being part of our team.

Wonderful
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJune 7, 2018
I worked here as my first job and it the best. Community was positive, friendly people, and amazing management. The residents were so friendly and easy to get along with and i would definitely reccommend.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Short hours
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your note, and for working with our residents. Best of luck in Washington.

A decent workplace
Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 4, 2018
I would recommend Country meadows to a highschooler if they wanted a simple and great starter job, but it has very short working shifts. Pay is fair, but I wish shifts could be longer or more often.
Pros
hourly pay
Cons
no breaks, no sitting
July 9, 2018

If you haven't already done so, please reach out to your supervisor to let him/her know you are interested in more hours. Thank you for choosing to serve our residents.

Poor management and lack of concern for workers
Personal Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 28, 2018
There were very few managers that I actually liked or showed mutual respect to the employees. They were very inconsiderate of responsibilities outside of work and caught attitudes with employees when things came up outside of work. Displayed a lack of understanding or sympathy towards the health of employees. There were 3 managers that actually did genuinely seem to care for the workers. Overall horrible experience.
July 9, 2018

We are proud of our Frederick team and no concerns such as yours have been shared with our executive team. Please reach out to us via email or through the confidential co-worker hotline to share concerns so we can address them. Thank you for being part of our team.

Good Job but also stressful
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 27, 2018
You're always standing. Need to be able to deal with working with others. Being able to take care of residents. You also have to request off a day a month in advance.
Pros
meals for only $2
Cons
Hourly Rate, request off time
July 9, 2018

Working with our elders is tough work, but it is some of the most rewarding work. Thank you so much for caring for our residents.

Country Meadows
Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 21, 2018
It was an overall great experience that taught me how to work in a professional environment. My coworkers were great and the management kept things organized and knew how to properly train the employees to properly handle any unforeseen events. The atmosphere was positive and fast pace which could be stressful at times but overall kept everything moving.
Pros
Flexible hours, dinner, decently long breaks
July 9, 2018

Thank you for being part of our team, and for sharing your fantastic attitude.

A day at Country Meadows
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be to get my Housekeeping ready and get all rooms done and then the dailys. I learned to have patience with people in general and not judgeing people because everyone comes from different walks in life and everyone is going through something. I feel the management is terrible because, they don't care how co-workers feel about a certain situation and how to find a solution to a problem. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the residents nice people and they tend to tell you a little about their history as a child.
Pros
Get to meet residents family members.
Cons
no lunch rooms.
Good but could be better.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 4, 2018
There are little things that coworkers notice. For example, the pay is not enough especially when you do have a risk of getting hit etc in the dementia unit. The job is great dont get me wrong but very understaffed.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not enough pay, very understaffed
July 9, 2018

Actually, Country Meadows pays competitive wages and conducts regular compensation reviews among other senior living providers, and provides a solid benefits package. Plus, Country Meadows offers free Career Paths to help co-workers earn higher wages and promotions. Please look into these opportunities so you can move up the ladder. Thanks for being part of our team.

Lovely Clients
Leader Height (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 26, 2018
The best thing about this place are the wonderful, sweet residents. They are the ones who make the job a wonderful place. They are all very appreciative of your help.
Pros
lunch that can be deducted out of pay
Cons
not enough help
July 9, 2018

Our residents are the best fringe benefit to working at Country Meadows. Thank you for your time spent caring for them. Please be sure to drop by for a visit from time to time!

Family-Owned Business
Geriatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA 17033April 26, 2018
Country Meadows at Home was a very good place to work - wonderful management, quality product offered - varied job responsibilities - many opportunities to learn and grow in senior care
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your lovely note. Good luck to you in your future career.

you can not speak your mind
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 13, 2018
you have to be very carfull when you speak to an employee or to residents any thing you say can be translated to something else , you can never and you are not allowed to say any thing funny , they warn you it might be funny to you but it may not be funny to some one else , i find it very stressfull , they want you to work like an animal for very little money
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Meadows Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight