CountryPlace Mortgage Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Low Morale
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 2, 2018
Managers do not take the time to appreciate employees. Training is slim, workload is demanding. Modern day slave ship. Management gossips. Benefits are terrible.
Good old boys club culture
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 2, 2018
Country Place still maintain the “good old boys club” culture and mentality, making it difficult for women to advance. I was terminated and replaced by my managers "old buddy", and before my huge pipeline had closed so I was not paid due commissions.
No PTO for a year
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 3, 2017
I was a customer service rep, receptionist, fedex, janitor, and insurance claims. Then what made it bad was no pto for a year. So what if i was sick then what . Manager was younger that me talk to me like s*** and like i was stupid. Benefit are bad. Have to kiss b*** to get respect. No room for growth. Went thru my personal papers on my desk. Run when it comes to this place only have 4 reps throw you on the phone 2nd day. No good training.
Cons
Worse company ever
Great environment to learn the industry
Loan Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work involved managing multiple accounts and constantly communicating with underwriting to get loans completed.
I learned all the ins and outs of popular loan programs such as FHA, CONV and even HARP. I had to complete many calculations within the LOS to make sure there were no mistakes being carried into closing. I gained a lot of knowledge regarding loan closings as well since i often had to be involved to clear up any discrepancies between invoices and final charges. I was apart of a very small dept that dealt with Wholesale mortgage loans for MH homes. I often had to interact with management to solve complex issues regarding our underwriting guidelines. They were more than helpful in every situation. It was challenging to work on brokered MH loans since they tended to have much more strict guidelines but the workplace culture fostered an atmosphere of learning and cooperation. Having been a smaller dept. working with a different set of rules made having specific problems more challenging to work through. I really liked the people I worked with and they imparted a lot of knowledge through out my time with the company.
Decent place to work
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 18, 2017
Management was a bit tricky. we did only manufactured homes so there was a lot of stress at all times. I managed my pipeline and did so with quality and consistency
Would not recommend a company to work for
Loan Processor/Manufactured Homes (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 3, 2016
Co-workers at my level were a pleasure to work with.
Management was something to be desired - very rude, not sympatric to their employees or family. The moral of the company was zero. No training at all
Pros
non
Cons
non
hardest part ofjob
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 13, 2014
Not concerned about making contact with customers and collecting the amount needed. Only concerned with number of accounts worked per day
Pros
descent base salary
Cons
bonus is small, insurance is too expensive
Friendly Broker
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 12, 2014
A typical mortgage company. Chaotic environment. There were so many interruptions to the work flow that it was challenging to get the work done. This could have been resolved by simply hiring another person.
Pros
small company
Cons
No breaks. Work longer than scheduled hours without pay
Great Place to Work
Document Processor/Chattel Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Shared many opportunties to learn something new, provided company training and daily meetings.
Pros
Very Friendly Company
Cons
Small Business
management was not very nice
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 10, 2013
Would not recommend unless management has changed - not a great place to work...
Pros
salary
Cons
management at the vp leval