County Market
66Average

County Market Employee Reviews

United States599 reviews
Mostly a pleasant working environment
At first, getting scheduled for the days that you are available can be a pain, but after it gets worked out it's consistent enough. Most front-end staff are high-school/college students. Customer service staff are quick to deal with unpleasant customers, and everyone is willing to help you get comfortable with the work. Overall, management is easy to talk to and can answer any questions you may have pertaining to work.
Nepotism and favoritism
I had a really bad experience with County Market. Corporate people are wonderful and store level are horrible. Corporate believes the directors can walk on water, so if you have a problem, it’s you.
If you work in the deli, pray that you’re not the one who gives the next customer food poisoning. Because it’s everywhere. And nobody admits it. They hide it. They stir it in. They change the date. It’s gross.
It was okay
The job itself wasn’t bad but the management wasn’t always the best at times. Sometimes rude but the other staff was fun to be around. Good first job too I guess.
Don like it
I personally didn't like working thwre. The management wasnt friendly..the place always felt dirty and it felt like the owner (which worked there time to time) trued to say something is wrong
productive
always make sure you have a positive attitude when working even if you arent in the best mood that day. the most enjoyable part about county market is being able to associate with customers and help them find what they need.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Typical grocery store chain
You can work as many or as few hours as you want, within reason
Management was somewhat disorganized (they offered an order online, pick up in store service in a small college town in order to "compete" with other grocery retailers)

Pretty hectic work environment if you work 2nd shift (store was quite busy most of the time)

Lots of customer interaction
low pay large workload management has no clear focus on anything
terrible you do not want to work here, company or management will not ever care about you. you get a yearly raise as low as 10 cents and as high as 50 cents
Cons
short breaks, low pay
productive but not so fun work place
I pretty much learned everything in one day. I just go in and sign in then I take carts from outside and bring them in. I also stock items. I worked 8 hours every day and we are only allowed a 15 minute break. other than that I got my job done pretty fast. when its running slow and I finish with the carts I just go inside and take the carts in the from with items in it and just go re-stock them.
Just don't unless you wanna be back in high school
It started great boss was cool coworkers were awesome... Then apparently I got too close with one of my coworkers boss thought there was more going on with me and co worker other than us being friends... Was getting paid 375 every two weeks no bennies nothing boss gave me unbelievable amount of task to have done in unrealistic time frame. I left her a polite note explaining what I didn't get done even said need anything call me. She never called got upset about note told coworkers I threw them under buss coworkers were highly agitated with me I showed one of them the note that coworker apologized to me I was done not enough pay to deal with he said she said stuff
DON’T Work Here!- especially if you have a family!!
I’d been attempting since Saturday the 14th to obtain my schedule. I went in & was told since my child had gotten sick, I don’t have a job, now with the virus, you’d think it was smart to call off 2 days for food safety protocol, but not to the bakery manager. You’re treated like an idiot & a certain coworker tries to force you to stay a half hour extra if you sign the 30 min smoke break paper (weird and not right I know). Skip this job and find something else. It’s not worth it.
na
work was very tiring here and there was never a right way to do things. everyone did things their own way and never left on time and if you wanted a day off they would get mad at you and punish you
Low pay
The work ethic is okay if you like working with women. Keep your mouth closed and do your work. The pay is cheap for what they what you deal with from the customers to the employees. Don't get me wrong, they do have a few friendly faces that's why I enjoyed working there.
It’s not bad.
The job in the bakery is an easy one. The people who work there are very friendly and kind. The work isn’t hard, and the schedule is flexible, would highly recommend for student employment.
too much drama
lack of skilled management , lack of training lack of supervision,to many unanswered questions, favoritism, not very professional did not enjoy the experience of my first job
workplace
I enjoyed working at County Market in Quincy, IL. I enjoyed meeting new people and making friends with the customers. The employees were all welcoming
Good until you find another job
Very stressful environment with plenty of unruly customers. Must have plenty of patience. It would be helpful to have at least one year of customer service experience.
Good location
Bakery is a good place to work. Lifting is kind of heavy at times. Always get out of work at my scheduled time. No overtime. Everyone is friendly even the management.
No comment
Great selection of groceries and flowers. Shelves are always stocked, employees are helpful to the customers. Daily sales and coupons going on throughout the store.
Cashier bag stock count drawer
Enviroment was fasted paced and consisted of numbers people skills and potential for advancement and managementskills while learning responsibility equally
Grocery store- (Cashier)
This job anyone is capable to work here! The tasks include facing shelves, customer service, etc. It is a minimum wage job and does not require previous education.
Decent
Working here actually was not hard. Great helping people and being in retail business. I can say it’s never boring you move around a lot and quit big of a space. Even to help in the simplest way just to show where some rice is brings me happiness long as I can help
Pros
Great work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at County Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6