County Market Employee Reviews

Fun working
Delhi clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers because they were all so good at their job and if you ever needed any help they would just jump right in without asking everyone done their jobs.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Lunch
Productive!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 18, 2018
County market is a fast paced job usually around 9am-12pm and around 5pm-7pm. The most enjoyable part of the job is the new faces you see almost everyday in your line, sometimes the same faces. I learned how to deal with new people who may have had a bad day, they may come in sad, or mad!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Short breaks
awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PASeptember 12, 2018
It was like working in a prison camp. The managers watched you like hawks. You can not go to the restroom unless it is your 15 min lunch break. This is not a place to work
Was a good place to work before new owners
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INSeptember 10, 2018
I can't complain about my salary, my complaint is more about the management or lack of. County Market was a great store before it was sold to Niemanns. They took away everything that was successful and tried to implement their way of doing business, which might have worked in some of their Illinois stores but not in Indiana, especially in the Crawfordsville market which is competitive. Prices were raised and customers where lost drastically. The store lost most if not all the good employees some of which had been with the store for many years. After the store went in serious decline, Niemann foods continued to enforce their way of doing business and still would not focus on the real problem, everything that made that made the store successful in the past had been taken away. The regional manager for the store was a complete joke that didn't have a clue what was going on. A very stressful place to work, everyone knows the store is about to close.
Pros
None they were taken away
Cons
Where should i start
It is a good first job
Cashier, Stocking, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILSeptember 7, 2018
I believe county market to be a good first job, and they are nice and respectful. they will work with your schedule to make it how you want if it is possible, and if you need some time off they would give it to you if it is possible.
Great if you don't have much experience with jobs.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, MOSeptember 6, 2018
If you're a kid still in high school or just looking to make extra money on the side then this is probably up your alley. If you're looking for something more then the only way that'll happen is if you get promoted to a manager type roll. Seniority really doesn't mean much there either.
Pros
Good people, hour lunches if you work 8+ hours, great starter job for people who need experience.
Cons
No full time unless you're a manager, no benefits unless you're full time, don't make enougn to live on.
Great starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Adams, WISeptember 1, 2018
This is a great starter job or a great job for adults that just need a little extra cash.There is a great atmosphere with every shift, and everyone lends a hand when you need help.
work days.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILAugust 30, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of going in and getting on a lane to check out customers and bag their groceries. When we were slow we had to walk around the store and face the aisles, and sometimes stock.
Good first job
Bagger, Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 30, 2018
There are many opportunities to advance in the store, I didn't care to at this specific job. It is a good starter job for learning how to work with the public and learn customer service skills.
Pros
Not a hard job
Cons
Pay wasn't the best, starting wage should be $10
part time work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covington, INAugust 29, 2018
This was a second job for me. My grandson had cancer and my daughter needed the extra money even though they had good insurance.I only worked there until my grandson passed away.

Want to know more about County Market?

Ask a question
A great place to start your working career.
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNAugust 28, 2018
If you are under 22 and looking for a fun and rewarding job to start your adulting life I highly recommend working for a grocery store even if it isn't this one.
Pros
Union, health care, yearly raises
Cons
limited hours, little room for long term advancement
Laid back, not so much fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rantoul, ILAugust 27, 2018
The store director takes over everything and is a jerk. The customer service manager doesn't know how to do her job and the store director does too much. County Market needs a healthy balance in the middle and then, it would be a great place to work.
Pros
Employee lunches, gift cards for christmas
Cons
Minimum wage, no hours, schedule isnt set, managers are nuts
terrible management
Deli Clerk, Sales associate, customer service (Former Employee) –  Byron, ILAugust 23, 2018
worse place I've ever worked in my entire life, not enough hours to even pay the gas in my car to get there, supervisor was never there but expected everything done with no help on busy days which were few and far between
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
County market always kept me productive.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 18, 2018
I didn't like working there very much because i didn't get paid enough for everything i did. And there were a couple other managers that were always rude.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
It was cool
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILAugust 10, 2018
It was cool but the management was just crazy. The atmosphere was decent, its just lack of leadership and managers blaming other managers. Like i said its cool but i would keep to myself
Pros
People
Cons
The employees and all employers where some of the best people ive had the joy to work qith
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham, ILAugust 6, 2018
I havent worked in the past 6 until I choice to move to illioins ,There I began looking for a job and county market was the second job i had applied for.
very tiring sometimes but its fine. we finish everything
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 26, 2018
you need to put effort to finish everything. help customer and be patient to get the carts so it will not hit the cars. always presence of mind if they call stocker in the front for carrying stuff.
Pros
Fun with coworkers and have discount
Cons
no benefits and no vacation paid
Dont try to work here for years or work your way through school here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 24, 2018
Awful place. They seem nice at first but the more you work there, its not a job to stay at. No set period for raises, varies widely on who gets a raise. Management will cut hours on people with seniority or who always show up just because they don't like them. Would rather hire someone new, or transfer in someone then promote from within the store.

Fine for a one yer starting out job, but dont try to stay here.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
everything else
A Nice place
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 20, 2018
I really enjoy working there. I feel respected and valued by management, co-workers, and customers. There is always work to be done, and no standing around time.
Pros
Friendly Enivorment
Great starter to build customer service.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 19, 2018
As stated in the summary it's a great place to help you build you customer service skills. It also if busy helps you get use to working in a "overwhelming" or "fast pace" environment, reaching customers needs an satisfactions and it gives you a sense of gratitude towards yourself when accomplishing pleasing and helping others in need of help at your place of business.
Pros
Friendly positive environment
Cons
Doesn't offer much benefits