County Market Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PANovember 10, 2018
Very low staff, especially on cashiers. Rarely more than two cashiers working at once, so it is very stressful when it gets busy and you are the only cashier there. But, he front desk ladies always help you out in need and are lovely.
On going job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 2, 2018
Busy, Helping Customers
I learned a lot working with this company
Management was a lot different from working any where else
The hardest part was getting a raise
The most enjoyable is working with co-worker who love to good vibs
A good first job
Back-up Evening Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILOctober 24, 2018
It's a good first job, but there isn't a lot of opportunity to advance. The management is great, however they have been there a while and none of them plan on leaving.
I fun family owned store
Customer Service Manager, Cashier, Office (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 22, 2018
I loved working here because the hours were flexible and I was always busy helping out in all departments and with customers. The family was nice to work for.
A decent place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 21, 2018
When I worked there, I made many lasting friendships with co-workers. Everyone worked as a team to help each other out. There were times it was busy, but by working together, it didn't seem difficult.
It was the worst job I've ever applied for.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 17, 2018
Coworkers there were unfair, and the job was just a big thumbs down. The company was uncomfortable for me to work there. A lot of bad things happen around there, fights in the parking lot, food was open and people just wasn't playing their part. My payment changed every week after working a 7 hour shift Monday- Friday, except for Wensday because we're off, I couldn't work enough hours to improve payment and working was just wasn't the right choice too make, but I had to start somewhere and get some kind of experience.
management - don't talk to you one on one.
Dairy/Frozen Manager (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILOctober 15, 2018
They move me to another department with out saying a word. They treated some good works to leave.I enjoy working with the employees and people that came in to shop . and having my dept/s. looking good and full.
Pros
free mistake order food, and Pizza party.
Cons
Didn't pay over night wage.
Fun and pretty lsid back
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILOctober 14, 2018
I would scrub down the equipment at the end of the day after the meat clerks were done. I learned to be more thorough when scrubbing down stuff. I went through many managers and they all had their own management styles so that made my job difficult sometimes. I enjoyed this job because it was quiet and was by myself most of the time which was a nice change of pace from other jobs I had.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILOctober 10, 2018
County Market was my first real job as a college students just starting out. County Market had flexible hours for a first year college student. I learned many lessons in the 2 years I worked there about empathy, customer service, and working with the general public rich and poor.
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 10, 2018
The management team needs to be replaced. The harassment from managers and co-workers needed to stop. They need to be reported to the Dept. of Labor.
benefits
Cons
Harassment and bullying
it was an ok place to work
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILOctober 9, 2018
i worked in the bakery which i enjoyed doing i loved all of my co workers and the management i also learned differnet ares of the job which i enjoyed too
Good job, low hours, not enough pay, good staff
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pana, ILOctober 8, 2018
The job was a great job for beginners however the hours were very low. I never made enough money to make ends meet. The staff was very friendly and well treated. Not enough pay for all the duties a bagger has.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Short breaks, extra duties
productive and fun to work at
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, MOOctober 8, 2018
When I wasn't dealing with costumers there was always work that had to be done. We had to clean take out the trash wash the tables and stock everything.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
lousy pay
Must be able to work at a fast pace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILOctober 6, 2018
For me I found that the job rules were unreasonable. You had only 1 hr to stock a full aisle and you even had to meet a certain time limit when checking people out at the register.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Must meet high standards
County Market
Supervisor was Nicole Dillon (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 30, 2018
Fun, fast paced generally. Friendly staff and great customers. Liquor and lotto was not bad a little slow paced but I kept busy. several employees were amazing minus a few bad eggs. Loved my manager, she was great to work with.
Pros
Hours available
Cons
Drama, Rude management at times.
It was ok for part time
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 30, 2018
Good job for someone still in school or anyone looking for pastime work. Not a good choice for long term employment. A lot of turnover with hours being limited. Overall not a bad experience but I was looking for permanent work with benefits.
Will not recommend
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Attica, INSeptember 30, 2018
County Market in Attica Indiana is not a place to work the mangers do whatever they want and the head manger over the store doesn't do his job. They treat their employees like dogs and takes advantage of them
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No health benefits, very poor management, poor training. Mangers doesn't care about employees
Awful job to have.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Never will get a raise even though you're supposed to. Minimum wage forever. Will schedule you 15 mins short of 7 hours so you don't get a lunch. Only allowed to drink water/use the bathroom on your 15 min break. Managers/supervisors talk about you to other employees. Different supervisors have different rules. Will schedule you during class, bad place for students. No paid time off for part time employees.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything about this place.
Do not work here
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PASeptember 27, 2018
This was a terrible place to work the owners are extremely rude to their employees. If you are helping a customer look for an item that isnt in your department they will yell at you even in front of the customer they find fault in everything you do and any attempt to try to make your department better will result in them making your life a living nightmare
Pros
Cons
Owners are terrible people
work life
OFFICE TELLER (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 26, 2018
Not the best work environment. Some members of management are very childish and messy. Pay is minimum wage, and hours vary based on managers personal preference.