County Materials Corp Management reviews

Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2019
Management says you shouldn't worry about your paycheck just do the job. Not an appropriate thing to say to your employee. There were several safety volitions. When you work on a job it's like you are family and should support and look out for one another. Seeing that you spend over 1/2 of your days with your employer. When this is done then the Employees will want to give 100%. Respect should be given by Management just as it's expected to be received from the Employees.
Cons
unclean restroom breakroom no respect from Management Safety voloiations on the Trucks.
Not an enjoyable experience
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 6, 2019
In my opinion being a construction company the environment is a "boys club" where woman are not looked at nor treated in the same professional manner as the men.
Dont work here
Everything (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 27, 2019
Dont work here
Benefits are not good
Management is not good they only care about themselves
Dont care about employees
They do give a lot of holidays off
Invest in company and not employees
Typical Corporate Attitude
Driver (Current Employee) –  Custer, WISeptember 12, 2018
Typical corporate mentality, you are a number and treated as such. Shop mentality toward drivers is very poor attitude. We are just there to break stuff and make more work for them. Management can swear in your face with no worry of consequences. It is NOT ok to utilize corporate resources such as HR to benefit you. Bullying is an acceptable practice. What else do you need to know? Oh the job, that is pretty straight forward, just follow directions and you'll be fine. Coworkers are all great.

And they continue to wonder why they can't find drivers........
Benefits
Cons
Lies, corporate mentality, bullying
like walking on egg shells
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Roberts, WIJuly 28, 2018
Never get raises as they sat you will. The management is really bad they don't know anything and thing they are gods gift for mangment. safety program is not there all about production
Pros
non
Cons
cut throat
It's okay I guess
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 13, 2018
Pay could be better and the work ethic better communication and the last minute loads management could work and trane the employees alot better then just saying go do this
fast paced prodution
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Roberts, WIJuly 10, 2018
Production type atmosphere with high demand to make as much product as you can. I learned how to operate different equipment, hand tools, safety checks, and forklifts. management is mostly friendly but lacks in honesty. Tells you what you want to hear, tries to please everyone even though it is impossible. the hardest part about the job is the manual labor aspect and the long hours. The most enjoyable part is seeing the product you create.
Pros
hours
Cons
non paid lunch, hours
alot of nice people.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marathon City, WIJuly 10, 2018
was a lot of good people to work with. hard working people. management was too family orientated. hardest part was I had a larger area to cover than most and worked out of 2 locations.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
to much family run
Office environment is toxic....they smile at you while stabbing you in the back
Office slave (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJune 20, 2018
Stress level is maximum. You will live in constant fear of who’s watching you. You will learn that you are worthless. And they don’t care how much you actually know, if you aren’t one of the bosses favorites-you will be over analyzed and every mistake will be pointed out to everyone.
Don’t even waste your time with this place. Pay is horrible, vacation is worse and if you are a laborer the conditions are even worse
The owners are money hungry and don’t care how poor the treat employees or who they destroy along the way
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
the entire company
Dont do it!
Aggregate opperator (Current Employee) –  Marathon, WIMarch 28, 2018
I agree with all the previous reviews. Management is poor. They are rude and treat you like you are stupid. They do not want your ideas much less will they listen to them. Actually I was yelled at for giving a suggestion. My job title is aggregate operator. I was hired for offroad dump truck driver. But only did thst for about 2 months. Now I never know what i will be doing the next week. Instead of driving truck or operating I'm a laborer. But they will hire new kids (18-20yr old) for the position you hired in for even giving them more hours and pay.....while you are demoted to labor and treated like garbage.
Pros
Decent pay....and benefits.
Cons
Long hours. Hard, dirty work. Poor attitudes an communication.
Too much favoritism
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Rib Falls, WIFebruary 4, 2018
If you like driving truck drunk! And you like driving over hours! And you like being stabbed in the back! this is the place for you. Management that only cares about themselves and nothing else! Working with the dispatcher that knows nothing about the job and tries to tell you how to do yours.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Poor ways to fire people
Laborer (Former Employee) –  IaJanuary 31, 2018
No worries to anyone if they lay you off you'll receive a letter in mail that there letting you go this company has no respect... can't call or ask employee t0 come.to.the job have to fire in a letter through the mail...wow
Pros
Pay
Cons
Productive and team-reliant work environment.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 23, 2018
My experience at County Materials proved very developmental in terms of sales experience, developing relationships, and learning new processes. Office personnel worked well together. However, accountability was frequently lax.
Pros
Positive network of employees company-wide
Cons
Unrealistic Goal Setting by Management
Great benefits with poor management from top to bottom
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marathon, WIOctober 21, 2017
Great benefits, you do get to meet some great people, however there’s no open honest communication from management nor is there any job security. The Marathon location is a popularity contest with no employee appreciation. Your just another employee where the two owners only care about one thing, money..... The supervisors/mgm are very bias and disceatfil at best.

If you have major health issues; cancer etc, once your FMLA is exhasted, so is your employment. It makes no difference on longevity, your out.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of concern for employees/families, no job security
Very unorganized company with no direction
Outside Sales/Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Roberts, WIOctober 12, 2017
I was promised many things that were in my offer letter and did not come to fruition. They were not understanding about my family obligations at all even though I was very upfront during the hiring process. I would not recommend anyone working there until a change in management happens.
Pros
Great customers and developed amazing relationships.
Cons
It's an absolute disaster.
Its a circus
Driver (Former Employee) –  Astatula, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Popular drivers get the best runs
New drivers get trained by an ex swift driver who crashes into fences.
Management has no control over employees
Check there CSI rating before applying
Best of luck
Pros
Not 1
Cons
Too many
Can't trust anyone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marathon, WIJuly 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with customers but the environment means you can't trust anyone. People at all levels constantly throw people under the bus and backstab. Never see or hear from upper management. Don't expect to stay long.
Pros
Employee discounts on product
Cons
No trust/poor culture
Good company to work for!
Labor II (Former Employee) –  Astatula, FLJanuary 16, 2017
If can handle working 6 days and long hours this is the company for you! Overall good work environment, can't stress enough you will actually work. Not a stand around or sit around job....It is physically demanding but the pay is right. Management is top notch always answer questions and very helpful. Know what your signing up for, before you engage yourself.
Pros
Money and positive work environment
Cons
Not for smokers
Not what I thought. I should've asked around town about the company.
Patcher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJune 9, 2015
I loved my job as a patcher which is one of the jobs out there no one wants to do. We bought another company in Indianapolis,IN and there expect perfect pipe meaning no cracks, no divots, no imperfections which doesn't happen with porous material or material that cures during its whole life span. So meeting company demands i look over the pipe 3 or 4 times making the pipe look "perfect" and of course during transit to job sites or to the Indy yard something always breaks. so with all this added work needing done on are pipe and other structures and me being the only one in the yard to work on them I requested help and was told i was gonna get 3 months later still no help. Management doesn't care about there employees or there safety or the old non sufficient equipment we use. Its all about quantity over quality. I stuck it out as long as long as I could there. I won't recommend any buddy to work out there.
Pros
Great co-workers and was a very fun place to work
Cons
Management, quality sucked cause they aimed for quantity first, good luck getting things fixed properly or getting new equipment in general
Not an ideal place to work. Pay tends to stay the same and no room for promotions
Yard Laborer (Current Employee) –  Roberts, WIJanuary 8, 2015
This is a good place to work temporarily but not long term. The pay isn't great for the amount of work and no incentives are given. The management is not very involved with the workers and you are really there if you have no other choice. With this company you are very disposable and they really don't care much about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County Materials Corp. Our community is ready to answer.