County Waste Employee Reviews

Awful
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lake Ariel, PA and Mountain Top, PaNovember 6, 2018
I have worked for the company for almost 2 years as a mechanic and quit. I came into this company feeling like I could make a career there by everything they told me. But my mindset changed because everything is a lie. They'll do anything to get you in, but then once you're in, all they do is lie, dont keep promises and screw you over. I do not recommend anyone working for them. At my location I had no running water, no bathroom, and I worked alone. Management is poor, you are treated horrible, and they never help you if you need help. They often change your shifts and location of where you'll be working and don't care what you have to say. Everything is about them. Nothing is about you.
I wouldn’t go back
driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 11, 2018
Job is good but management and mechanics sucks. They’re a three managers and they never agree on anything. Terrible place to work. Training was awefu and the mechanics don’t ever fix anything. They always have broken trucks.
Fun
Transfer Driver (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 23, 2018
Working with county waste gave me lots of experience. I also work a lot of hours. They do not give you breaks . You are not guarantee the weekend off. This place is constantly busy.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No days off
Great management, horrible work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2018
The management team at County Waste is phenomenal, however those above them that make and CONSTANTLY change the rules are vultures of the worst kind. When the service rates were raised, the company blames offering us raises, as the excuse. No one received an additional dime in pay rate. When a competitor came in the area and offered lower service rate and higher employee pay, County Waste bribed us with incentive checks for our "loyalty". Shortly after they entered our work space one Tuesday morning, and told us our services were no longer needed, we had only a few minutes to pack our things, and we needed to vacate the property. Doors had already had locks changed, as well as codes to secure entry ways. After 2 years of service, i was kicked out on the street with no severance pay, an insurance that had been cancelled PRIOR that day without knowledge, and not so much as a thank you for my time. I would recommend working here if you don't have a family to feed, and aren't worried about being walked out any day without notice.
I wouldnt Reccomend
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 6, 2018
Very hazardous environment without appropriate safety equipment. Not a good place to work. I wouldn't send anyone there for employment. It just isn't a good place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
bad job
Class A Truck Driver and machine operator (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 4, 2018
terrible place to work people in charge have no idea how to run trash company treat employs bad no a good place to work equipment is always broke and unsafe
Not the best place to work
Lead Point (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Very labor intensive, low wage, dirty environment. very cold had to work out side in 0 degree weather. This is the job you work when you have no other options. Management team was unfair
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks no Pto
No room for advancement
driver (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COJanuary 21, 2018
the hardest part of the job is not being able to advance within the company you will always just be a driver and never get the hours you need to survive in todays economy no mater how much they pay you the time you get and the work you do isnt worth it
Dot should shut it down
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 3, 2017
The trucks you will drive are in horrible condition. I have pictures of a thermometer that was pegged out at 120 degrees in side of the cab in the summer. If you write up defects, the "mechanics" will just sign off on the issue and you will be dealing with the problem the next day. Just do yourself a favor, and keep looking elsewhere. You will thank me.
Pros
Ummmm, i will need more time..
Cons
Truck conditions, and its a stinky job.
Need more safety
Lead Point (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2017
Needed osha attended I got real sick of county waste mask they give you was not good enough. Build an infection in my throat messing with them and then they require 80%.It not worth killing yourself.
Old errors found were put on you
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA 23831October 27, 2017
County Waste took over Virginia Waste Services
as soon as the time period was over for them to be able to let the employees go from Virginia Waste them gave no notice, just let us come in , in the morning and said you were no longer needed no matter how long you were there.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the contractors
Cons
I did not like having to tell them we could no longer get there asap
Enjoyed learning managment skills
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  So pearl street albany nyJune 21, 2017
Taught new employees. Trained lockout tagout certification. Worked with new employees. Taught general saftey and also made sure that facility was staffed at maximum facility on daily basis
Decent job/pay
Container Welder (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 8, 2017
the pay is fair for the work done however management isn't very present when needed, continuously left alone in shop. multiple jobs needed to be done on a daily basis, 10 hour work days
Job is like every other job.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 12, 2017
The job is great. I go to work to make it back in a safe manner. Trucks are up to date. I enjoy the job because there is plenty of money to be made. I really enjoy the freedom of being by myself.
great
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 25, 2017
everyone was really great. showed up on time and worked very hard all day long. Manager on site could always be found and if not they were easy to reach.
Pathetic
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cairo, NYDecember 19, 2016
All about politics... If you are friends with the right people you can get away with anything... If not, you are on huge routes, working long hours in lousy equipment that's broken down more often then not.
good work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 13, 2016
I work night shift at County Waste, basically I sorted garbage, shoveled dirt.
I learned how to work with others together, and I think the enjoyable part of the job is the team work. Cooperation is the most important part of work.
Constant work and paying attention, safely but in a timely matter
CDL Class B Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYNovember 24, 2016
This job is a honest hard working job. Sometimes 40-50 hours a week based on your routes, weather conditions and breakdown time. Managers expect you to comply and constantly think safety. You learn from driving safely in a cdl truck to actually drive safely in your own vehicle. Employees are a good group of guys, always helping each other out. Some days are easier then others that will allow you to get out earlier when route is completed.
Cons
overtime pay is not time and a half
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  West Point, VAOctober 28, 2016
Working at County Waste provides daily opportunities for trouble shooting, working with fellow motivated co-workers, and the satisfaction of seeing a job well done.
lots of backroad riding from can to can
Hand (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 25, 2016
every monday and tuesday the boss would take one of us from the crew on the trash rout to pick up cans and dump them. the work was smelly but it was worth it. Trash days were the days were the crew and the boss could connect as people and we all got a better connection with each other and were able to work together better after.
Pros
it helped make us a better crew
Cons
hot and noxious trash cans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County Waste. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about