County of El Paso, TX Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 23, 2018
Is a great job and pay rate. At this time is a temporary job but might get a higher position and have around 13 applications on file. Is a very competitive job but gives the opportunity to get a higher position.
Family Oriented Company
Communications Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso,TXJuly 11, 2018
Working with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office is like working with family. Everyone looks out for each other and supports each other. The only issue is the opportunity for advancement within the Sheriff's Office due to few retirements. Employees choose to work well over 30 plus years with the department.
Pros
Several trainings offered
Cons
No room for advancement
Awesome
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 14, 2018
One of my favorite places to work all time, however the cost of living in Colorado Springs has gotten ridiculous. I support 3 including myself, so I re-located to Arkansas..............
Pros
Awesome Managers & awesome work
Cons
Cost of living not enough..
Great work experience
Public Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 13, 2018
Worked in a position that I really enjoyed and was compensated well. The work hours were demanding but I was willing to accommodate and the County would offset hours worked past COB. Some frustration among staff that internal movement with position openings was lacking, leaving sense of little opportunity for fresh changes and improvements as a result.
Pay very low for job
Mechanic 3 (Current Employee) –  Calhan, COMay 11, 2018
A normal day you work on units and when you need parts you may get them the next day or the next week never known.Management
won't listen when mechanics advise them of problems with parts.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Snow call low pay
Excellent with prior Elected Official
Chief Deputy Tax Assessor Collector (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 20, 2018
Great to be the Chief Deputy Tax Assessor Collector. Worked well with County Commissioner and management. As Chief Deputy I represented the Elected Official in his absence.
Pros
Many Holidays
Cons
Politics
They care about their clients and caregivers
Employee Caregiver Manager/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 18, 2018
I loved working there! Learned alot. Company is small and offers no benefits not ideal for a single parent. Company really takes care of their caregivers!
productive and good work environmnt
Child Welfare Social Caseworker II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2018
A good workplace culture. Supervisors were supportive and there was opportunity for growth. The hardest part of the environment was connecting with some clients depending on family's circumstances and reason for referral.
Pros
supportive staff and supervisors
AWESOME place to work and be!!
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 1, 2018
Awesome place to work, the bosses are the BEST which I will miss the most. The idea working here and helping the clients (community) is the BEST feeling.
Coming to work everyday with a smile on my face is the ultimate feeling, because I loved my job........
OFFICE INTERMEDIATE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 21, 2018
Good place to work and start a career. Fast and quick paced work environment with good staff members who are willing to help. Work varies depending on the departments.
Temporary position
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 21, 2018
Temporary position for the 2014 election. Only job was to stuff ballots into envelopes to be mailed out. Management was fair and I enjoyed the opportunity to see how mail in elections happen.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
temporary position
Depending on position and department, EPCDHS was a good place to work.
Social Caseworker III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2018
As a caseworker, a typical day at work could be very chaotic, but very rewarding. I learned many things about people, children and family dynamics at this job. The management and work culture was dependent upon the department in which you worked. The hardest part of the job was the politics involved that could sometimes hinder a worker's effectiveness in their role. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping families and children achieve success, healing and independence.
The hardest Part of the job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the chaos and lack of efficient focus. Information is not freely shared with line staff so people re often not aware of changes or things happening at county or state level. There is a large volume of work everyday and mandatory overtime.
Pros
steady work
Cons
a lot of it
Not a bad place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with the public, and with some of my co-workers. Management left some to be desired, and there was a lot of frustration at the end of the day.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
micro management
El Paso County
Emergency Services Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 29, 2018
I worked as a dispatcher at the Sheriff's office, which was one of my favorite jobs of all times. It's fast-paced, and always something new. The hours were just not something that worked for my family.
Predictability
Veterans Assistance Program Director (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Set hours provides stable lifestyle. Never an issue of when you'll be home. Can be monotonous and tedious, but overall it is an enjoyable workplace with stability.
Foot in the door
Seaspnal (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2018
I took a six month seasonal job to get my foot in the door. I have applied for two openings so far since i have been here. It is a good place to work and the benefits are good.
Pros
Benefits, hours, not a difficult job
Cons
May have to get up early if it snows. Some weorkers are lazy.
what I learned
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2017
disease intervention for adults with Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Crisis management, empathetic listening, STD testing and treatment, enjoyed the team I worked with
Work Environment
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 21, 2017
People and manager were nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was that it was to bureaucratic. It would take weeks to process one requisition into a contract or purchase order. Moreover, the pay the pay was extremely low for the work accomplished.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
To many hurdles to jump to complete task
Horrible Management
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2017
The Sheriff's Office is an absolutely horrible environment to work in. From the job itself to the way it is managed is just aweful. This place will take years off of your life. I never felt so liberated as I did the day I left this place.