County of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Castaic PoolOctober 13, 2018
Nice and relaxing place to work. Good pay and effective management. You have to work hard to get the job, but once you are hired it is easy and fun, especially as a first job.
I loved working here
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2018
Everyone was great to work with I learned so much working here, I would go back any day if they asked me to, all my co workers were always nice to me.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Environmental Improvement
Secretary, Sanitation Districts (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CA 90607October 9, 2018
Great place to work. Projects help to improve the eviornment and maintain a great sanitation and sewer system. Landfill waste is maintained and used to produce electricity for the general public.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement and help with educational costs to advance in career
Culture is tough
Ocean Lifeguard Recurrent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2018
You must know people, culture is tough. It is not as easy as you would think to get ahead. It is not clear as it is supposed to be. It is not who is most skilled who gets the job.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2018
It was a very good experience working with county of los angeles. Happy environment. Very nice people to work with. Very relax, flexible time and stress free.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
office job
NC CLERK (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CASeptember 28, 2018
Its cool as long as you have common sense and can work a computer well. The hours are very long and its only a temporary position so you can kiss your personal life goodbye but I would defiantly work there again.
A great museum to visit in LA
Student/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2018
I didn't work there, but the relationship our project had with the museum was very beneficial and they were delightful and helpful people. I would recommend any artist to work with them on art installations.
Don't work in Public Health
Research Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 19, 2018
It's always a gamble when you're working in a large organization and in a small group. Well my so called manager isn't managerial material and she engages in rampant nepotism and favoritism. If you're willing to worship her agenda and devote yourself 150% to her lifestyle and goals then you will be a good employee. I on didn't submit to her will so I got on her hit list early on and it is the worst employment experience I've ever had.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
horrible growth opportunities and lack of resources
Lacoe
Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 19, 2018
LACOE is determined to abandon their MVS mainframe regardless of mainframe/system knowledge & positions eliminated, for an ERP system off-the-shelf that doesn't meet
LACOE's needs.
Pros
Great environment prior to ERP shift
Cons
No opportunity to transfer skills
Wish I did not have to relocate
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
Working for DCFS was a very humbling and rewarding experience. When I cam to Georgia, and worked for their child welfare system, it really made me appreciate the upper management, my supervisors even more. I wish I could go back today.
High paced
Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
High paced, demanding, heavy workload, somewhat stressful environment. It provides a great learning experience for a possible career change with the private sector.
Pros
Benefits and experience
5 Stars
Quality Improvement Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2018
Overall rating is 5 stars , There is an equal balance between work and life , Compensation benefits are comparable to current market value. All with Union representation. Excellent Job sercurity and advancement. Managment. HR dpeartment is extremely difficult to communicate or establish connections entire department need to be RESTRUCTURED!!! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THIS ACTION HAS BEEN YEARS OVERDUE. THIS also ties in the job culture and enviorment to establish or understand the needs of the employee that desires to service your community
East-Going
Registrar Recorder (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 29, 2018
During elections I would assist in contributing and receiving the necessary equipment used for election sites withing the district assigned including ballots from election days. I would be in charge of assuring all equipment and ballots are accounted for and pass on the ballots to the Sheriffs.
relaxed, but also high intensity workplace with break room and small staff store.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 27, 2018
An okay experience from me, although I wasnt there very long. my colleagues were nice and caring, it was like a family where i was stationed. the clients were very rude and demanding, which made the days very long and unpleasant.
Pros
lots of events, communal gatherings, fun colleagues
Cons
short breaks, long hours, stressful environment, rude clients
The work environment is excellent
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 27, 2018
The upside of the job is I work from home, so the job is very flexible and I'm able to work at my own pace. I like provide a service to a very sweet person who has special needs.
Pros
I get to works from home
Cons
I want to works away from home life and explore opportunities from other woek places.
Work for the public
Welfare Case Worker & Investigators L.A. CA (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 23, 2018
I enjoyed my work with Los Angeles County Welfare Department.
The work was very rewarding in that I was able to help the public that needed help. I was also an Investigator for the last 9 years of my service which I also enjoyed very much.
A great government job with great benefits.
Data Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
Opportunities for advancement were good as long as you knew how to take the tests when positions opened. My supervisors changed and sometimes had no clue about the work and difficulties of the tasks. My co-workers were almost always a treat to work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor choices for supervisors at times.
Satisfying experience to participate in the service of the public in a civic duty and privilege.
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 21, 2018
The hours were long and the job was a challenge. Serving and interacting directly with the public waa a real learning experience. My supervisor had exceptional leadership skills. I got the opportunity to learn all the various clerk positions and to be responsible for two of them..
Pros
Learning how to deal with the public in high volume operational situation s.
Cons
Pay not commensurate with the long hours that are required.
Standard exhausting labor work
Public Works Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAAugust 14, 2018
It's great to work for the county. Awesome benefits, great pay, paid insurance, and other benefits. The people are another story. Not bad people, but definitely a lot of smack talk, low brow humor, and catcalling.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Not managed that well.
A position that takes in upwards of 3 years to learn the position.
Children's Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2018
There were many policy changes that weren't always known by direct Supervisors. Heavy caseload of 25+. No teamwork. Constant blackballing by colleagues that took no accountability. Establishment could benefit from utilizing an Occupational Psychologist.
Benefits
Cons
Unreal expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.