County of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Always new thing to learn
Epidemiologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2018
I have been working at Los Angeles County full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are good people at the company, unfortunately they leave for real opportunities.

Cons

Manual processes, constant changes in management, the department is always overseen by a message NON-CREDENTIALING manager or director. Employees are pushed to do the unreasonable without the necessary resources its not possible. Staffing is a problem, they do not care to hire enough personnel to carry the heavy loads but rather work the under paid employees to a point of overwhelming exhaustion.

Advice to Management

Surveys and more surveys and more surveys are conducted but NO RESULTS, how many times must one say how unhappy employees are. What part of the survey is not comprehended? Low salaries, non-matching 401K, 15 cent yearly raises, the list is truly endless.
Paralegal
Secretary / Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2018
Excellent interpersonal skills honed by years of contact with all sorts of customers: kids, teens, students, parents, elderly, attorneys and legal staff, doctors and medical staff, patients in various needs of medical attention including in emergency setting (Patients qualified my approach as “respectful”, “friendly” and my technique as “smooth”. Staff often thanked me for my smile and helpfulness).
Only temp seasonal
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 5, 2018
sorting mail ballots for voting citizens. only a seasonal position, typical day sorting ballots hardest part was working on a line conveyer. most enjoyable part was working with every position available with peers.
Pros
everyone worked as a team player
Cons
only temp
Professional, very responsible, serving the community
Secretary (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CANovember 27, 2018
Can be very challenging and demanding at times, but if you apply yourself and are willing to learn there are many job opportunities to be found working with the County of Los Angeles
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No cons
Large and diverse organization
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2018
A very progressive government entity with a large budget and infrastructure
Given opportunities to work on many different projects and to experience different facets government that allows a county to function
There are great opportunities for career advancement
The culture is very diverse and great work/life balance
Workplace
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2018
Working in a high volume criminal calendar making approximately 60 computer entries per day responsible for keeping track of evidence, and jurors for trials.
Pros
1 1/2 hour lunches
Cons
Stressful
Unfortunate
Provider/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2018
I love helping everyone and at times I do it for free but the times I do get paid for isn't enough, it's not fair to us workers nor is it fair to the recipients for the simple fact that some dont get enough hours for their care and they are left with no one to help out.
Pros
Its part time.
Cons
No paid vaction, no medical, no 401k, no nothing.
Productive and enjoyabe workplace
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CA 91731November 15, 2018
As a Public Health Nurse I get to collaborate, teach, coordinate and assist social workers, caregivers, and providers to meet the needs of the children in the foster care program. I love working with social workers and the culture of my organization is tailored to advocate, collaborate together peacefully in a pleasant atmosphere to meet the needs of the foster care children.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no cons.
Productive and lots of teamwork
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2018
I would go back and work for county of los angeles once again I really love helping pt with any help they seek for and I love working with my co worker and supervisor that s my kind of job and I learned that there are so many pt out there that need the assistant to get what they need in life and the hardest part of this is that there is not many pt that know about the programs we assist but overall the enjoyable part of the job is that I help them in many ways that made me feel good about myself
Pros
Love everything about the job
Fun, creative
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2018
The County can be fun to work for . The job allows you to be creative and free. Recreation is especially exciting just putting together events for the people and seeing there excitement from the programs you provide is amazing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No working hours available
Fun Environment
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2018
It is a great place for a summer job as well learning how to mature and grow up as a leader at any location. As a lifeguard, you learn the importance of responsibility.
Department of Public Security
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
Assisting with single bodied individuals with qualifying in receiving public assistance, food stamps, lodging and job replacement for their time alloted.
Recurrent, Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Castaic, CAOctober 29, 2018
The construction trades where always willing to teach me on the down time.
i learned a lot about welding from a structural steel and pressure pipe fitter welder.
Pros
Easy learning experience
Cons
slow paced and it was temporary and also positions do not open up very often
Scn I
Supervising Clinic Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90059October 28, 2018
My role as SCN I requires that I oversee the daily running of 2 public health clinics which specialize in disease prevention: STD's, Immunizations and Tuberculosis. I currently supervise 10 RN's, 7 LVNs, and ancillary staff.

I have played a vital role in onboarding new staff, specifically working within the TB clinic, blood draw, proving immunizations to children and adults, and processing of specimens.

I also hold the position of Trainer when using new equipment; my role is to recertify nurses annually. I also write their yearly performance evaluations.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Less opportunity to provide direct patient care, which I enjoy.
Good Place to work
Traffic Signal Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2018
Slow Paced work most of the time. Learned to work on traffic signals. Only one good manager in the group I work for. Over all good place to work. Hardest part of the job is working for supervisors who got the job because they new some one and not for what they know.
My position was very productive, was good at what I done, some days were very busy, but when your part of a team member we jad our laughs.
Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
I was a contract worker for the Los Angeles County Dpss for 11 years, worked with no benefits, but it was my job. Wish they could of hired us as office clerks cause we did multi-tasking. I feel it was unfair to delete our positon.
Pros
Pot lucks.
Cons
No benefits
outdated system of getting the job done
Accounting Clerk/Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2018
computers were outdated and did not perform well for the task at hand. Used old ledger method for all of the accounting practices. payroll system was still using the sign in and sign out method on a piece of paper. now ploicies that were written out to follow guidelines. all new procedures were just given verbally and if you were absent that day you missed out on the training.
Inspector
City Official Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 17, 2018
Currently I work during the elections as an Inspector. I enjoy working with people and working with the public.I supervise up to five individuals making sure the polls are open and the people are served professionally and are able to vote.
Pros
Enjoyed it to the fullest.
Cons
Maybe more paid salary.
Good Place to Work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Castaic PoolOctober 13, 2018
Nice and relaxing place to work. Good pay and effective management. You have to work hard to get the job, but once you are hired it is easy and fun, especially as a first job.
I loved working here
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2018
Everyone was great to work with I learned so much working here, I would go back any day if they asked me to, all my co workers were always nice to me.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss