County Of Nevada Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
CEO's office and upper management are horrible
staff (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CADecember 5, 2017
The CEO's office and upper management do not care about staff or constituents. You have to play the political game if you want to get any where. They do not value intelligence or empathy. If you can be a puppet, you might be ok. Lots of nepotism. The CEO's wife has a high position in HR. There is a lot of corruption. There is no training, no policies and procedures in any of the departments that I have worked in.
Pros
the line staff are great
Love this job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CADecember 4, 2017
Its been several years and I don't think my review of the library would be helpful for this job. I will say I did enjoy my time with the library. Hope that helps
no way to advance
Group Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CAJuly 22, 2017
Management was lacking in personnel skills, communication or willingness to assist.
Shift leadership was poor and the realization that there was no support system for floor staff made the job a fearful place to work
Pros
meals and co workers
Cons
lack of consistency, communication and lack of positive leadership, pay not adequate for position
Institution with Shift Work - rewarding if looking to see youth grow into adults
Senior Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CAAugust 7, 2014
Shift work is long and tough, with 12 hour shifts. These lead to longer weekends, which is well worth the extra hours in a day. You are in the institution, following a set schedule, side by side with the youth. The training is constant and extensive. The management is generally looking for the well being of the youth and the safety and security of the institution. The hardest part of the job is when the youth "act out" due to their personal life complications. Rarely do the youth act out due to the staff, but rather after conversations with family and loved ones. The best part of the job is when you reach a youth and build that connection that leads to them thinking positively about their future and growing as a person.
Pros
Meals are provided, benefits are excellent
Cons
Long days, conflicting managment styles, potentially agressive youth