County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Easy work if, don't expect any advancement
roadside technician, pop a lock of riverside (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CANovember 6, 2018
Been with them for a little over a year with the promise of timely reviews and raises. Advancement is a joke. They will hire a new guy fresh out of a school with no business or knowledge of locksmithing instead of training willing and able employees. You will be stuck running the scummiest calls for the worst people and companies (looking at you Agero). Expect to break your back changing tires on busted vehicles for not much pay. You will end up hating it in about 3 months. Company provides Scion xBs for work which do very well for the job. They are very old and breakdown at least once a week. You will be blamed for a water pump going out or whatever else is out of your hands. Micro managing is constant but yet you get berated for not taking initiative. If contradiction was a business model, they would have it down 100%.
Pros
Pay is on time. Health insurance top notch
Cons
Micro management. no advancement. badly maintained vehicles
The hardest part about the job
DEPUTY SHERIFF (Current Employee) –  Riverside County, CAJanuary 22, 2019
The hardest part about the job is trying to divide your time between your family and work. This career path is one that demands your time, and if not given freely, it will be taken while kicking and screaming; days off aren't always a given because of low staffing numbers. This is a ultra competitive field, although it should not be. The main purpose of this career path is: service; service to victims, suspects, and citizens. Many forget that as they try to climb the corporate ladder.
Pros
Equal pay and benefits
Cons
Cut-throat. People will stab you in the back to get ahead.
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 23, 2018
I worked on a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off. My typical day would be to multi-task on a variety of duties, depending on how many staff was at work for the day. I could be at reception (front-office) working on answering phones, customer serivce, and doing computer work or I could be in the back office working on live scans (fingerprinting) and assigned clerical duties which included: filling copiers, faxes and printers with paper, assigning vehicles, detailed and confidential computer work according to policies and procedures for the department I worked for.

I learned a lot about how my department works and how difficult it is to give 100% every single day. I was not a Social Worker but I learned how dedicated you have to be to work in this department.

I enjoyed this job because I got along well with my co-workers and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Good benefits, job security and friendly co-workers
Cons
Can't think of any
Variety of job duties with a friendly work atomosphere
ELIGIBILITY SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2018
Typical day included all general office duties; I learned how to give excellence customer service and how to handle difficult people; Management was often changed. All coworkers were helpful, kind and respectful; The hardest part of the job was instant changes and a new work routine; The most enjoyable part of the job was to be productive and satisfy customers.
Pros
free lunch at meetings
Cons
no benefits for temporary employees
Employer consistantly strive to eliminate employee positions untilbthe remaining employees are unable to complete job duties in a satisfactory manner
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 30, 2018
The job is great. The job duties are varied and engaging. Job training is adequate. Benefits are decent. Upper management has bad habit of cutting personnel to the point of the deparment failing, inflicting undue stress on remaining employees.
Pros
Decent medical benefits
Cons
Not much employer support of emloyees
Riverside County is a very good place to start if you're a college graduate.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANCE III (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
Excellent benefits, the job can be very rewarding, and the people can be very friendly depending on what department you work for. Room for advancement and the pay is good.
Pros
It's a fun place to work. I have no real complaints.
Cons
You have to work, It's a people valued service job!
Animal License Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jurupa, CANovember 24, 2018
The County of Riverside is an excellent place to work. Working for the County of Riverside, one learns team work, customer service and gains a solid sense of community.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Subject to fiscal needs of the County
Good work enviroment
MENTAL HEALTH PEER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 20, 2018
I have been with the county for 4 years. They a have always made and attempt to better serve the community. They do there best to have good benefits. I wish for more time off during the week when needed.
Pros
You able to help alot of familes
Cons
Would like more money for the time we give
Acr tap
ACR Tech (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 10, 2018
Working for the ACR Tap is a good way to get your foot in the door, but the ACR HR department does not carry any work experience you have obtained forward when adding you to their full time staff. furthermore, after hiring full time, they do not recognize or promote those who obtain their degree, and refuse to match compensation to that which is current with their own job postings.
Pros
management, work environment, benefits
Cons
Hr, outdated guidelines that do not fit current market practices
Fun place to work but not enough hours
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Riverside County, CAJuly 29, 2018
Love working with the children and families. Your stay for the families. Would like to see a future and career in this industry, but it is hard to get full time hours. Lots of miss communication with management.
Pros
families, children, rewarding work
Cons
part -time, no benefits if your part time, management could be better
Demanding
Fire Captain (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 24, 2018
Very demanding, takes away from home/family life. plenty of mandatory overtime. Forced on-duty often., Good pay and excellent benefits. Outstanding retirement, if you make it that far.
Pros
pay
Cons
forced Overtime
Good Job Security
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2018
Working at the County has many benefits but can be hard. Upper management pretty much can get away with anything. If you get to work with the public it can be stressful but rewarding. The pay is not as much as other counties but the benefits are better. It is has good job security since you are part of a union.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Office Politics, poor upper management, low salary
A good place to work
Sheriff Corrections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. I worked in different departments. The benefits are good and they pay you money instead if you get benefits from somewhere else.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sometimes overtime
Office Management Terrible
District Attorney Secretary (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 25, 2018
Our office has management who have come in from the outside who have a hard time adhering to government policies and procedures. It has been a three year struggle with this management team.

They have contacted current employees on HR related issues, that are related to other people who have left the office. That to me is unprofessional and unethical.

There is a lot of micro managing. Instead of letting people do their job, they have to criticize and pick on people.

They promote those who don't deserve it and hold back promoting those who have been here a long time. They are trying to bring in new people and push out the seasoned employees.

Not the way I wanted to end my career.
Pros
Breaks, lunch, sick & vacation
Cons
A lot!
Like working with my clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 12, 2018
Like working for my clients. But I need benefits. The office staff is professional and courteous. Is this review really necessary. I really don't have too much to say
Pros
Easy work schedule
Cons
No benefits
Excellent supportive company
School-based Occupational Therapist Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 14, 2018
Since Jan. 2018 I have been having a great experience working for ProCare as an OT consultant in Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) schools in Southern California. The pay and benefits are reasonable, including travel and housing stipends that come with being a travel therapist. The recruiter at ProCare has been available to provide feedback and assistance promptly for a variety of situations that have come up. I would recommend ProCare as an employer to any OT who is interested in either travel therapy assignments or local assignments.
Pros
Interesting work assignments in a wide range of geographic locations
Cons
Often no health insurance over the summer
Great People - Hard Work
Children's Social Services Worker V (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 3, 2018
The day usually starts at 7:30am and can involve doing field work (visiting schools and homes), paperwork, or responding to an immediate response referral. It's a fast paced environment and most people are helpful. The days can be long and extend until after 5pm depending on the events of the day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Review
Deputy District Attorney (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 14, 2018
Very poorly managed office with several district attorneys elected during my 8 and a half year career there. I am grateful for the experience of conducting dozens of jury trials, working with phenomenal Victim’s Advocates, very competent and dedicated Investigators and helping the victims of crime in Riverside County.
Pros
rewarding, helping others, benefits
Cons
poor management
great staff
LEAD AIR CONDIONING MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 1, 2018
was a great place to work, stable employment, great benefits, was close to my home and had dining room on site, easy to find parking at site, great staff
Pros
dining room
Cons
was at a jail
Excellent work environment.
Primary Therapist to Clients (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 11, 2018
Excellent work environment with a professional team of Psychologists, Therapists, Social Workers, Psychiatrists, and School Staff. Excellent employment benefits.
Pros
Excellent and professional staff.
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight