County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Animal License Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jurupa, CANovember 24, 2018
The County of Riverside is an excellent place to work. Working for the County of Riverside, one learns team work, customer service and gains a solid sense of community.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Subject to fiscal needs of the County
Fun and new experience
STAFF ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 17, 2018
In my role for the County of Riverside, I truly enjoyed learning the full incident command structure as well as what it takes to be prepared for any disaster we would encounter!
Pros
The group of people that I worked with
Cons
Some of the pettiness of some directors because they weren't selected.
Easy work if, don't expect any advancement
roadside technician, pop a lock of riverside (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CANovember 6, 2018
Been with them for a little over a year with the promise of timely reviews and raises. Advancement is a joke. They will hire a new guy fresh out of a school with no business or knowledge of locksmithing instead of training willing and able employees. You will be stuck running the scummiest calls for the worst people and companies (looking at you Agero). Expect to break your back changing tires on busted vehicles for not much pay. You will end up hating it in about 3 months. Company provides Scion xBs for work which do very well for the job. They are very old and breakdown at least once a week. You will be blamed for a water pump going out or whatever else is out of your hands. Micro managing is constant but yet you get berated for not taking initiative. If contradiction was a business model, they would have it down 100%.
Pros
Pay is on time. Health insurance top notch
Cons
Micro management. no advancement. badly maintained vehicles
A lot of politics involved
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 2, 2018
You must either give your life to the county or know someone high up in order to be able to promote. Hours are not the best when trying to balance work and life.
Each department has it's own sub-culture.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CANovember 1, 2018
I worked in the Department of Public Social Services, Executive Office, Health Agency, Hospital and IT. Most roles I had interfaced with other county departments. Each has its' own sub-culture. Department Heads have significant influence on how departments operate.
Pros
Multiple opportunities to advance across many areas.
Cons
Politics and management skills vary with department and level in the organization.
unknown
OAII (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 1, 2018
A typical day includes administering general clerical duties as assigned. I learned time management skills and how to multi task. Management was wonderful and very helpful at assisting in career growth
Good place to work/great job security
SHERIFFS COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER II (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 31, 2018
Working for the county in a law enforcement capacity ensures job security. Overall it's a great job, a great county to work for, however the particular job can be very demanding, very stressful and at times overworked.
It's Ok
Volunteer/Intern Counselor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 27, 2018
When I was with the county I found the work culture in my area to be extremly ....political.....coworkers were always looking into what you were doing and would back up other people if they had been there longer even if they were on the wrong. Very political.
Pros
a lt f clients
Cons
co wokers
Office Management Terrible
District Attorney Secretary (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 25, 2018
Our office has management who have come in from the outside who have a hard time adhering to government policies and procedures. It has been a three year struggle with this management team.

They have contacted current employees on HR related issues, that are related to other people who have left the office. That to me is unprofessional and unethical.

There is a lot of micro managing. Instead of letting people do their job, they have to criticize and pick on people.

They promote those who don't deserve it and hold back promoting those who have been here a long time. They are trying to bring in new people and push out the seasoned employees.

Not the way I wanted to end my career.
Pros
Breaks, lunch, sick & vacation
Cons
A lot!
Demanding
Fire Captain (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 24, 2018
Very demanding, takes away from home/family life. plenty of mandatory overtime. Forced on-duty often., Good pay and excellent benefits. Outstanding retirement, if you make it that far.
Pros
pay
Cons
forced Overtime
Good work enviroment
MENTAL HEALTH PEER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 20, 2018
I have been with the county for 4 years. They a have always made and attempt to better serve the community. They do there best to have good benefits. I wish for more time off during the week when needed.
Pros
You able to help alot of familes
Cons
Would like more money for the time we give
Worked at county
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 19, 2018
I loved it but I had to leave I had to relocate in county of San Bernardino and still waiting to hear from them
I loved my jobs I had with the county of Riverside i might have to go back if i don't find a job up her in hesperia or victorville or apple valley please
I felt every day was profuctive
MAINTENCE/GROUNDS/CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed going to work everday the work was enjoyable to me..It was very satisfing for me..
My working day consisted of doing maintence in the morninngs and the custodial part in the afternoons
Productivity was a goal
Child Support Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 8, 2018
Be seated and start work at 7:00 am. Our goal is to work as many cases by locating non custodial parents via employers, serving legal actions, obtaining paternity orders and ultimately gaining child support orders all in a timely matter. Our purpose is for the children to have orders so they can have money coming to support them. We are closely monitored on our stats to make sure we are up on our quotas for all aspects of jobs. Our jobs are numbers for the State. The enjoyable part of the job is knowing that all the hard work you do is for the children and that they receive the money and can enjoy possible a Christmas, A Birthday, new clothes etc. It's a good feeling.
Pros
Fullfilling the childrens dreams
Cons
Fast pace keeping up with the number game
Diverse and fun place to drive around
Musician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, CAOctober 4, 2018
The people of Riverside were generous enough to hire me as a musician for their personal events. It brought me immense satisfaction to be part of them
Pros
Being able to pick your gigs, musical freedom, friendly clients
Cons
Not enough requests!
Temp to hire
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CASeptember 29, 2018
I have worked as a temp and been hired on permanent. It provided great experience, very supportive and educational. You learn very fast.....who, what, why and where. I definitely would recommend working here. It is an awesome experience.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Temp Assignments are only 6 months.
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 23, 2018
I worked on a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off. My typical day would be to multi-task on a variety of duties, depending on how many staff was at work for the day. I could be at reception (front-office) working on answering phones, customer serivce, and doing computer work or I could be in the back office working on live scans (fingerprinting) and assigned clerical duties which included: filling copiers, faxes and printers with paper, assigning vehicles, detailed and confidential computer work according to policies and procedures for the department I worked for.

I learned a lot about how my department works and how difficult it is to give 100% every single day. I was not a Social Worker but I learned how dedicated you have to be to work in this department.

I enjoyed this job because I got along well with my co-workers and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Good benefits, job security and friendly co-workers
Cons
Can't think of any
Riverside County is a very good place to start if you're a college graduate.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANCE III (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
Excellent benefits, the job can be very rewarding, and the people can be very friendly depending on what department you work for. Room for advancement and the pay is good.
Pros
It's a fun place to work. I have no real complaints.
Cons
You have to work, It's a people valued service job!
Eligibility Service Clerk
Eligibility Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was an ESC for 10 years through the TAP program, I was the longest working TAP with DPSS. I know my job as an ESC better than anyone. I trained up coming ET's taught them policy and procedures guided them up to graduation. I am unable to work in my field, which was the job I was the best at due to the hiring of only subsidized employees. I feel their should be a fair balance on this, and allow others to be hired as non subsidized workers. I am highly trained and would be able to take time in training subsidized workers so the ET / ES are not taking their time from their high case loads to train them. It would benefit us all especially our customers. I take pride in them, I'm not their to pay back any subsidized income, I'm their to invest in our customers, and my team.
Pros
I am part of helping my community
Cons
Not allowing a balance of external applicants to be ESC vs Subsidized people
I like working for them
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Jurupa ValleySeptember 16, 2018
I have been retired since 2008. I am a volunteer for the Sheriff Department and will remain doing so. I am looking for paying positions.

Duties at sheriff department
Patrolling in a sheriff car. working callouts, events, accidents, miss persons, taking explorers on events and supervising them, assisting deputies in DUI, lock downs, emergency situations, I do traffic for the fire department Christmas parade.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight