County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Riverside County is a very good place to start if you're a college graduate.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANCE III (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
Excellent benefits, the job can be very rewarding, and the people can be very friendly depending on what department you work for. Room for advancement and the pay is good.
Pros
It's a fun place to work. I have no real complaints.
Cons
You have to work, It's a people valued service job!
Eligibility Service Clerk
Eligibility Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was an ESC for 10 years through the TAP program, I was the longest working TAP with DPSS. I know my job as an ESC better than anyone. I trained up coming ET's taught them policy and procedures guided them up to graduation. I am unable to work in my field, which was the job I was the best at due to the hiring of only subsidized employees. I feel their should be a fair balance on this, and allow others to be hired as non subsidized workers. I am highly trained and would be able to take time in training subsidized workers so the ET / ES are not taking their time from their high case loads to train them. It would benefit us all especially our customers. I take pride in them, I'm not their to pay back any subsidized income, I'm their to invest in our customers, and my team.
Pros
I am part of helping my community
Cons
Not allowing a balance of external applicants to be ESC vs Subsidized people
I like working for them
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Jurupa ValleySeptember 16, 2018
I have been retired since 2008. I am a volunteer for the Sheriff Department and will remain doing so. I am looking for paying positions.

Duties at sheriff department
Patrolling in a sheriff car. working callouts, events, accidents, miss persons, taking explorers on events and supervising them, assisting deputies in DUI, lock downs, emergency situations, I do traffic for the fire department Christmas parade.
Great
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work and lots of friendly coworkers. Also appreciated learning from peers. Very helpful in getting me oriented to the place and team building
Productive Yet Satisfying
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Indio, CA 92201September 13, 2018
Very productive place geared toward assisting clients with personal & financial needs. Crossed trained in multiple areas. Being able to assist clients
Pros
Office Morale Boost Events
Cons
Unprofessional fellow staff
Professional and fun company to work for
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 12, 2018
Very busy and fast pace, I learned to be more patient with my customers and that customer is always right. The hardest part was that we was short staffed alot. The most enjoyable part of job is making sure my customers are taking care of.
Like working with my clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 12, 2018
Like working for my clients. But I need benefits. The office staff is professional and courteous. Is this review really necessary. I really don't have too much to say
Pros
Easy work schedule
Cons
No benefits
Very fast paced work enviroment
Lunch monitor (Current Employee) –  Ellwood City, PASeptember 11, 2018
Again a very fast paced enviroment. Although over all a friendly place to work. Schedule works well with having school age children and working on their schedule.
Good co-workers.
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CASeptember 5, 2018
Good people to work with. Management is not always top notch. I struggled in my job for lack of guidance and training. I prefer not to work for the County again.
Pros
Get to meet new people
Cons
Not a lot of support from superiors.
Employer consistantly strive to eliminate employee positions untilbthe remaining employees are unable to complete job duties in a satisfactory manner
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 30, 2018
The job is great. The job duties are varied and engaging. Job training is adequate. Benefits are decent. Upper management has bad habit of cutting personnel to the point of the deparment failing, inflicting undue stress on remaining employees.
Pros
Decent medical benefits
Cons
Not much employer support of emloyees
Expensive Health Insurance, our union sucks
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 30, 2018
our health insurance is almost 1/3 of my check and the price goes up every year (for the last 5 years). Our union has been battling the county for years when they should have had our contract done two years ago (they suck). We never get overtime and the pay is terrible. Go with the city and you will be much happier
Pros
My boss is great
Cons
expensive health care, union representation is terrible, NO overtime
very professional
Social Worker/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 28, 2018
very fast pace, stress related to deadline, long hours of work , paid overtime. Strong management. Learned about diversity and culture. Learned interviewing and crisis intervention.
Variety of job duties with a friendly work atomosphere
ELIGIBILITY SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2018
Typical day included all general office duties; I learned how to give excellence customer service and how to handle difficult people; Management was often changed. All coworkers were helpful, kind and respectful; The hardest part of the job was instant changes and a new work routine; The most enjoyable part of the job was to be productive and satisfy customers.
Pros
free lunch at meetings
Cons
no benefits for temporary employees
The biggest and best unit in Cal Fire
Fire Apparatus Engineer/Hazmat Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 22, 2018
Riverside is where 1 out of every 4 Cal Fire employees works. It has over 100 stations with 3 person staffing, ALS fire engines, truck companies, dedicated hazmat response team, professional training cadre and all the firefighting you could dream of.
Pros
Best place to work in Cal Fire
Cons
It's the Inland Empire and its ugly.
Excellent
Senior Legal Certification Clerk ACR Tech II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 18, 2018
Really enjoyed working there. Coworkers were more like family. Management was great to work with and were friendly. Would definitely work there again.
California (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2018
oved working there and learning the process of how things are handled. The co-workers were real nice group of people to work with.
Sorting incoming mail, verifying mail, filing mail, very interesting how the whole process works and how everything in accounted for.
Exciting fast paced work environment
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAAugust 16, 2018
Fun and exciting place to work, I learned a lot about people and a number of law enforcement duties. Unfortunately the inner workings were too political.
Pros
Room for growth, you learn a variety of different things, exciting
Cons
Dangerous, stressful, the upper management is too political
Great Experience
Volunteer-Project Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 15, 2018
The collaboration with running candidate was awesome experience learned a lot of nuggets of gold that helped me stretch in so many ares of confidence and taking the lead on small projects.
Pros
Great environment
Great training
Office Assistant II - (TAP) (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 15, 2018
TAP program was a big help even tho it was a temporary position and it was extended to the maximum stay. Supervisors were all really great there and the team was very helpful.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
Temporary work only
A good place to work
Sheriff Corrections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. I worked in different departments. The benefits are good and they pay you money instead if you get benefits from somewhere else.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sometimes overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight