County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
Bilingual Precinct Officer (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 3, 2018
Get their extremely earlier to hand out ballots and get yelled at by voters, worked 14+ hours and was only paid $100 the people in charge had no idea what they're doing at all.
Pros
Cons
all
Care taker for disable person
Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 1, 2018
The job was a 24 hour job because my client and I lived together. I learned that this job requires time and being strong enough to help client, which was the hardest part for me. The most enjoyable was getting to know my client.
Pros
Never having to wait in line
Cons
Always on call
Stable place to work
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 24, 2018
Too much politics and lazy people who don't want to work management will retaliate against you if you call off or do things to get you fired intentionally.
fun and exiting work place
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 21, 2018
it would be a lot better if they paid you more and if you get paid weekly because you only got paid monthly and they don't have direct deposit. other than that it was a fun place to work in
Pros
fun and every day different
Cons
pay
wish not to respond
Human Resources Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 15, 2018
wish not to respond, it is a place to work and you earn money when you work there. If you do a good job you can stay there a long time. they have good benefits and there are a lot of people that work there a long time. Retirement is good and they pay you well
Pros
wish not to respond
Cons
wish not to respond
Largest employer in Riverside County
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 4, 2018
The County employs 22K people. Those employees pay more for their health insurance than any other employer in Southern California. If you do not personally know an executive in the County, you will not be given opportunities for growth based on merit, experience or education.
Pros
Steady
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Productive work place
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2018
Learned new thing within Human Resource and their insurance that is provided through the county. Worked with a lot of different people, the job was not hard, enjoyable part is you could advance because the county is so large.
Pros
Ava
TAP office assistant I
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 28, 2018
My supervisor and the job were great. The hours and schedule are terrific. There is a distinctive line between temporary and permanent employees though. You are set apart and expected to hold to the rules while the permanent employees may do as they wish. The dress code is different for temp vs. permanent. You need to watch what you say, you are constantly under very strict scrutiny and are told on by other adults if they assume you aren’t doing something. Mind you, these people aren’t supervisors. Keep very professional and keep your head down. A lot of these women have been there for years and have nothing better to do than tell on you.
Pros
Hours, supervisors
Cons
Temp job, being told on
Lvn - tap
LVN (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2018
I worked LVN - Temporary Assignment Program (TAP), which means you get paid the days you work. No paid time off pr sick time. The days you requested to work were normally the days scheduled. OT was available on occasions.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Stressful at times
It's a government job, enough said.
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 16, 2018
I was a Social Service Assistant. I transported for Child Protective Services. I kept medical and transportation records. I was liaison between police and CPA.
It's okay
Accounting Technician II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 6, 2018
If you want to advance and make a difference in the world maybe you should not work here. They want you to work hard but it does not really benefit the public much.
People were great!
Accounting Technician II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 1, 2018
My fellow co-workers were great to work with. It was more like a family environment,we all enjoyed each other. Management is a little out of what it's people need or how to motivate them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment
Productive work place
Eligibility Services Clerk (TAP) (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 1, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the most part. The employees and Management were friendly and reliable. I would recommend this job, just wish there were more job security.
Poor management and supervision
Program Specialist II (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAFebruary 28, 2018
The job expectations changed with changes in management. No feedback about performance. Poor support from supervisors for the program I managed. No interest in learning about the program and grant requirements from me.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
No feedback about job performance
The Mission was admirable
Ambulatory Care Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Serving the people of the County with limited resources was an admirable job, but management did not like forward thinking people or holding staff accountable for their actions. They made the work space stressful, almost hostile at times. If you enjoy nursing. but have no desire to be involved in forward thinking and making improvements, this is the place for you. If you like to be involved with process improvements and making changes, this job will deflate your will to be a better healthcare provider. It does a give people the opportunity to be in leadership and management that many young nurses wouldn't ordinarily get.
see below
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2018
I have never worked for the count of riverside-not sure why this is included. I have held various positions within Riverside County but have never actually been an employee
n/a
Health Education Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Working here is fine. No real complaints except pay could definitely be higher, and there is no advancement for Health Educators. My supervisor is great though Understands work/life balance.
Good work enviorment
IT Project Lead / Technician II (Former Employee) –  County of RiversideFebruary 9, 2018
Poor communication. Lack of professionalism, but not all management only a few. For the most part the work environment, and, the customers were great
OFFICE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent pay and benefits, opportunities are abundant, sometimes not enough work to do, over staffing, meetings are enjoyable. Some staff are really great, hard working people, others are not.
Pros
Over staffing
Cons
Not enough work to do
Case Management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 7, 2018
It's a good steady job flow. The hardest part of the job is that there is a lot of call-offs and people get double work. Management has an open door policy which is good.
Pros
8 hours in a hospital
Cons
many call offs