County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good
Registrar of Voters (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 11, 2018
i only worked here temporarily through the counties Temporary Assignment Program. every position i held was great just did not lead to permanent employment.
This job was in the county of Riverside
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJuly 9, 2018
It was not a job with the County of Riverside

This was a job that was based out of Wheeling IL

Not California

I called on medical doctors in Riverside county
I did health care with Riverside
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 3, 2018
I worked for quite a few health care agencies, all of them had their own agendas, I wanted benefits, but there was always a reason that they were not available. I went into private care.
Pros
Work
Cons
No benefits
great place
Behavioral Health Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 2, 2018
I loved working for Riverside County. This was a temporary position and I loved being given the opportunity to make my job important, without someone being over my head all the time.
Pros
loved it
Cons
loved it
Favorite Place to Work
Bilingual Employment Services Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Norco, CA 92860June 26, 2018
This was by far my most favorite place to work. I still have dear friends from this location and love them. The culture of the workplace is friendly and trying new ideas to help people was always the first priority.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Slow Career Advancement
Good Job Security
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2018
Working at the County has many benefits but can be hard. Upper management pretty much can get away with anything. If you get to work with the public it can be stressful but rewarding. The pay is not as much as other counties but the benefits are better. It is has good job security since you are part of a union.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Office Politics, poor upper management, low salary
great place to work
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 15, 2018
I was in the Mental Health department for 10 years and learned quite a bit about the field. I received my Masters degree while working their but did not make a recruitment list to interview for a clinician position so I retired.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no upward mobility
Excellent Work Environment
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 14, 2018
Working for the County of Riverside gives you an opportunity for career advancement. The county has so many different avenues of career choices and provide paid training to it's employees. Staff is always very professional.
Learned a lot from good people..
Public Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 5, 2018
Good job as an intern. Good work environment. Lots of helpful people. Not good for hiring if you're looking for intern-to-hire experience. But don't turn down an opportunity just because you may not get hired.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Hires from within
A family with great co workers.
Social Worker V (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 4, 2018
I have been with the county for 9 years and it has been a great experience. I have had some great co workers as they are my family. I will miss them !!! There has been some challenges but we work through the challenges together. The management has provided us with great support and techniques to make us grow.
Pros
Every other Friday off

Want to know more about County of Riverside?

Ask a question
Great People - Hard Work
Children's Social Services Worker V (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 3, 2018
The day usually starts at 7:30am and can involve doing field work (visiting schools and homes), paperwork, or responding to an immediate response referral. It's a fast paced environment and most people are helpful. The days can be long and extend until after 5pm depending on the events of the day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Daily workload was fair
Clinical Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 3, 2018
My overall experience at Riverside County of a TAP was okay until an industry injury due to their negligence.

Work included chart audits of other clinician working within Riverside County clinics.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Lack of industrial safety practices
Horrible
Bilingual Precinct Officer (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 3, 2018
Get their extremely earlier to hand out ballots and get yelled at by voters, worked 14+ hours and was only paid $100 the people in charge had no idea what they're doing at all.
Pros
Cons
all
Care taker for disable person
Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 1, 2018
The job was a 24 hour job because my client and I lived together. I learned that this job requires time and being strong enough to help client, which was the hardest part for me. The most enjoyable was getting to know my client.
Pros
Never having to wait in line
Cons
Always on call
Stable place to work
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 24, 2018
Too much politics and lazy people who don't want to work management will retaliate against you if you call off or do things to get you fired intentionally.
fun and exiting work place
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 21, 2018
it would be a lot better if they paid you more and if you get paid weekly because you only got paid monthly and they don't have direct deposit. other than that it was a fun place to work in
Pros
fun and every day different
Cons
pay
wish not to respond
Human Resources Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 15, 2018
wish not to respond, it is a place to work and you earn money when you work there. If you do a good job you can stay there a long time. they have good benefits and there are a lot of people that work there a long time. Retirement is good and they pay you well
Pros
wish not to respond
Cons
wish not to respond
Largest employer in Riverside County
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 4, 2018
The County employs 22K people. Those employees pay more for their health insurance than any other employer in Southern California. If you do not personally know an executive in the County, you will not be given opportunities for growth based on merit, experience or education.
Pros
Steady
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Productive work place
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2018
Learned new thing within Human Resource and their insurance that is provided through the county. Worked with a lot of different people, the job was not hard, enjoyable part is you could advance because the county is so large.
Pros
Ava
TAP office assistant I
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 28, 2018
My supervisor and the job were great. The hours and schedule are terrific. There is a distinctive line between temporary and permanent employees though. You are set apart and expected to hold to the rules while the permanent employees may do as they wish. The dress code is different for temp vs. permanent. You need to watch what you say, you are constantly under very strict scrutiny and are told on by other adults if they assume you aren’t doing something. Mind you, these people aren’t supervisors. Keep very professional and keep your head down. A lot of these women have been there for years and have nothing better to do than tell on you.
Pros
Hours, supervisors
Cons
Temp job, being told on