County of San Diego Employee Reviews

Back-stabbing, immoral, integrity-free management!!
Supervising Child Support Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2018
I'll make this part brief. Management will do anything in their power to better their own positions and they do not at all care about the well being of the workers. Gossip is rampant, and 90% of the workers are ridiculously lazy (only there for a paycheck and they don't at all care about who they actually serve...children and families).
Cons
Horrible management, gossip, lazy workers, etc.
Excellent cost of living adjustment
Senior Legal Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
By far, one of the best employers I have worked with. The Training, support and development opportunities are there. The Awards and recognition are awesome. The company events for employees to attend are great. Thus far the HR Team is very helpful with setting up Retirement workshops to help you determine where to invest. SDCERA was great! I was so saddened when I was laid off, because our office closed. HR was great in helping us with the transition too. The Union was not good, they were not available to help with the lay offs, however the HR Team was there for us. I would love to go back into government.
Pros
Development, Pay, Benefits, Recognitions
Cons
Hard to transfer into another Lateral position.
Good career.
Deputy Sheriff/Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2018
A good career with good benefits. Upward mobility. Made lots of friends in the 28 years I worked there. It was stressful at times but a very exciting career.
No-nonsense, get the job done work environment
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
I was hired for a short term contract. The job expected of me was as they had described it when I was hired. It was a professional working environment with nice staff and management.
Pros
Nice, capable colleagues
Cons
Outdated systems, older equipment and work environment
Progressive and forward thinking
Legal Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  1600 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
Work life balance is promoted. Changes take into consideration individual needs as well as cultural climate. A typical day at work includes managing people, updating records, and creating reports.
Interesting and fun place to work
Temporary Election Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
Working for the County of San Diego was challenging yet fullfilling work. Working in the Registrar of Voters office was fun and I loved my supervisors. The hardest part was staying so quiet but for me I loved the fast pace when election time came around.
Pros
Awesome supervisor
Cons
down time between elections
Horrible boys club
Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
Stressful and lied, lack of managerial understanding. I would not recommend this place to anyone I care about. The most enjoyable part of the job was the other people I encountered, who did not work at this company.
Opinion On Being A Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 27, 2018
Currently, I am still working here at the moment. I work the grave yard shift so I don't get much time to see my family because of the hours. Working at night present a problem because whenever I need time off it's difficult because no one wants to work those hours. The job is easy but it does comes with some challenges. Whenever I tries to make a change to a process someone runs to HR about some complaint. After about a year it feels like you are walking on egg shells and the workers here love to spread rumors and gossip. Most of the employees have some kind of medical situation and they know how to get over on the system.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Working with difficult employees and co-workers. Also, finding time to spend with my family.
Progressive & Innovative Place to work
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
My time spent working for The County of San Diego was well rounded. Every opportunity for learning and advancement was given from day one. Family atmosphere and guidance from management was given at every job level.
Pros
campus
Good working experience for student workers
Student Worker / Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
County of San Diego is a great place to work for student like me. They will trained you as much as they can. Provide a good skill and experiences. Great and friendly co-workers and intelligent supervisor.

Want to know more about County of San Diego?

Ask a question
Great place to work.
Deputy Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
My manager and colleagues were amazing to work with. The work and retirement benefits were awesome. I still keep in touch with my former co-workers and enjoy visiting them periodically.
I enjoyed the learning experience
Santee - Supervising Seamstress (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
I was able to excel very quickly and was able to help others to learn a skill. I love being able to help people make things like clothes etc getting to see the finished product gives a great feeling of accomplishment
The County as a whole
Group Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
The culture is very diverse. However, the quality of life is missing. Too many competing deadlines. The programs are very structured and enhance upward mobility.
Productive place with great benefits.
Legal Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2018
There is always work to be done. I learned how to be a team player and become a leader. Management is good. There is always food! The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting good friends at work.
n/a
Restorative Justice Reentry Prep Program (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2018
• Three-day immersive training on evidence-based curriculum that will be implemented in jails around
San Diego County as a part of a restorative justice re-entry effort for returning citizens.
• Enables ability to act as a facilitator for 20-week psychoeducational group experience for current in-
mates.
fast paced, tough, rewarding at times
inmates, and professional staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego County, CAMay 21, 2018
I have enjoyed my journey. Good and Bad, definitely has its perks you have a Union fighting for you but it can be a little stressful at times. Families can be frustrated and irate with their loved one not being able to communicate.
Pros
free lunch
Productive work experience
Project Manager/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2018
A typical day's workload would be developing meetings required to meet with shareholders and/or dept. heads to arrange the scope of work for the projects that are needing attention to prequalify DBE's for the appropriated projects.
What I've learned is the process necessary to streamline the efforts for the approved projects, and manage shareholder meetings for design requirements for the developed buildings, project code requirements and needs, client's programming efforts for design.
The workplace culture is collaborative with all staff involved to meet project requirements needs, invoicing, contracts, and budgets.
The hardest part of the job is the make sure the qualified DBE contracted meets the appropriated budget and schedule.
The enjoyable part of the job is the client/dept. is satisfied with their new building and technology.
Pros
continued education available for career advanceent
Wonderful Employer
Various Temp Agencies (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 15, 2018
Everyone is friendly. Very supportive. I'm not familiar with construction law, but I tried. At this time the law firm has more consulting clients than litigation.
Great Opportunities for all
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
For any one with high school degree or college degrees this is a fantastic opportunity especially for people with no experience in any field as extensive training is provided at no cost and sometimes paid training is provided.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement
Cons
fast paced
Good place to work if you can make it past trainning
Human Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
This job is good but you must first make it past the training period. Once you past the training period. You still are under close supervision before ever working directly with the public.