County of San Diego
72Above average

County of San Diego Employee Reviews

United States418 reviews
Great
I volunteered and was a great enriching experiences!
I applied for the job I wanted and took two years to be called for the position.

It was late because I was in other project.

But I regret not taking the position.

Great work environment for to be.
Pros
Cons
Take longer to make the offer
Liars
White men with exploitative power; use people; pick favorites; exploit; track, and abuse. Gossip guys, and infringe on personal lives. Destroy people and their passion; hold people back. And do not encourage or push people forward in the right direction .
A Good Job
It’s a good job with good benefits with flexible hours. Workplace culture is nice. A typical day at work is repetitive but it’s fun seeing new customers and great coworkers.
stable and constant
This position is consistent with the same work everyday. Not high workloads and not much incourgment to promote. There is a lot of opportunities to promote or move but it is hardly encouraged l.
Pros
Stable, reliable and has benefits
Cons
slow, no encouragement, no applications
County of San Diego is good place to work.
The pay may be lower than what you're making now but the benefits make up for it. My co-workers & I cared about what we were giving back to the community & the high level of care. Every day was different. We could be authentic in our work. The caseload & accompanying paperwork was challenging but the reward was in the satisfaction that we achieved.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Promotion access was limited.
Adequate organization but slow to innovate. My focus population was the indochinese community. Greater flexibility in dealing with a broader bandwidth of needs would be advised.
Pros
Many
Cons
Few
I love the work environment
I am currently interning at the San Diego County Administration Center, this has been such an amazing experience. I have gained so much office experience while also utilizing my knowledge and skills. Everyone I work with is encouraging and supportive.
Working for the county was a good experience.
I was given the opportunity to work with the county thru HB Staffing. If offered a position, I would happily accept. While working and being apart of a team at the county offices allowed me to utilize my experience and also gain more experience for future opportunities.
Very politically correct environment
Politics and who you know gets you ahead I do like some of the volunteering and cross training opportunities Nepotism exists here and one can be black listed for complaining to the wrong people or anyone in gene
Constant change
we are experiencing serious budget issues and change has been constant for the past 3 years which has resulted in uncertainty and fear. there is no end in sight as far as expected cuts to staff and change.
*Contracted*
Outstanding agency in every regard.

Highly recommend working here - although the organization I was personally a part of was not directly in the county building, we worked closely to help change the lives of those we touched within the homeless community.

All around - Great Group of caring people.

#Miracle Maker

(Alpha Project)
productive and Stability
best job ever. ,office policies are very family oriented.very diverse co workers and c,lientele and many trainings to address inclusivity,i enjoyed the feeling of helping out families in need.
Worst Management. Ever.
Management out of touch with people/humans ("human resources"). If you're a robot, don't aspire to make things better for staff and the Community, and/or have no desire to think outside of the box, then this might be an ok place to show up to every day, and collect a paycheck. If you're a "think outside the box" type, this is not the place for you. Major shakeup at the top of the HR Management food-chain is long overdue.
Fun and Productive place to work
Since the 1st day of coming onboard, I have loved working for the County of San Diego. The culture is amazing! Co-works are awesome! Benefits/Pay= : )
Safe environment for everyone
I am going to miss working in the San Diego County Library system, it was diverse, fun, and just an amazing experience. I loved working with the people I met and built great relationships with everyone, they felt like my family. The library was my second home and a safe space for me to run off too.
Didn't keep their promise
I was hired as a temporary poll recruitment worker. Neither phone nor computer worked at my desk and I was shuffled around while learning a very new process. I was told this job probably was not a good fit and I was told they would transfer me to another department. After weeks of no communication, I called various times and was given the royal run around. HR didn't return calls either.
Great stepping stone
Great place to start a career. Networking with other agencies. In house training opportunities. Good benefits. Overtime opportunities. Great staff and clients.
Flexibility and support
Some of the good things about working for the County is that they encourage you to apply within the county to find your niche in the County. Good benefits, hours, and pay.
the payment is not fair at all in compare to workload and job responsibilities
a typical day at work is terribly busy, i hardly can learn something, because of workload, management of our office is so rude and harsh,workplace culture rather well,there is no enjoyable part in this job.
Work Culture
Work culture is terrible. The management doesn't care about retaining quality staff.

Your compensation is not based on experience. Programs are inefficient.
Very Good for job security if you do not care about your dignity, ethics or others.
Horrible place to work. No accountability, very disrespectful environment. People mostly only care about their own careers and covering up poor performance. Do not value real world experience or intelligence. Employees are so insecure they will chastise highly qualified and devoted employees at the clients expense. Worst experience of my career and life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight