Courier Distribution Systems (CDS) Employee Reviews

Organization could be better
Amazon Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2019
If there is a stronger management team in place and able to talk with the staff better, it could be the best. Random routes to people everyday. There was no seniority. Benefits were good but took long to get them to be used. People were great at times.
Bad Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2019
The old manager was replaced with a younger guy, who let the position get to his head, had no respect for others, and over all was a heartless person. He did not care about your life or if you ware in danger out theyre. All of the vans ware super dirty and messed up, something always went wrong on the daily.
Cons
Invade personal life like nothing
Shady management!
Annoyomous (Former Employee) –  AnnoyomousMay 6, 2019
Management sucks as insufficient training was given. Unreasonable expectations were frequent.
Would not recommend working for this company.
............................................................................................
Manager and company is terrible
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 23, 2019
Worked for them almost a year. The first manager was terrible. She was ghetto, unprofessional, and rude. She came to work high sometimes and always talk to us as if we were little kids and half of us were older than her. They were always changing payroll companies without telling us and then would get mad when were upset about our checks. They made promises they don't keep and the upkeep on the vans was never done properly. Thought about going back but changed my mind.
Pros
Weekly pay
Good environment. Workload sometimes questionable. Management mostly fair.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2019
Workplace had good environment. Workload sometimes questionable ( time set for delivery and weight load). Using a partner up system would have been great. Management, mostly, were fair.

Down further a question is asked, do I approve of the company's CEO. I really did not know the company's CEO. I met him, and he seemed to be okay, so I answered yes.
Pros
Employees worked independently.
Cons
Late pay (including tip add-on) was a problem. Also, for me, mandatory Sunday availability was a problem.
False advertising and horrible Management.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAApril 11, 2019
CDS claims you can work 4 or 5 days a week. That was true when they only had 10 drivers. The original advertized pay was $138 a day for 4 days a week which comes to $552/week, but they put you on stand-by from time to time. Stand-by paid $40 for 3.5 hours of your time even though they advertise that you get $138 per day even if you finish early.

They also claim you can take up to an hour break, which is false most of the time. When you do orientation and watch the training videos it tells you to fallow certain procedures on how to deliver. It also tells you to fallow the traffic laws. If you're doing everything right you will never be able to get done with your deliveries and take you breaks.

The reason the company promotes from within is the driver that get promoted can't cut it as drivers; and aren't smart enough to realize that Management is supposed to make way more than they get offered. None of the managers you'll deal with have any business management experience in delivery distributions or any requirements for the job.
Pros
Money isn't terrible. You get some exercise walking up long driveway, steps and trips when roads are blocked off.
Cons
Delivery logistics, Hills and driveways in winter, Bad delivery drivers that wreck the Vans, Not having an available bathroom.
Vindictive management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2019
I complained about my unpaid wages which I later got at the department of labor where they forced them to pay my overtime and double time wages. When I complained they staryed sending me home with no pay and when that didnt work, send me on heavy populated routed with a lot of stairs and no elevator. I ended up getting injured on the job.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
they dont pay your overtime wages unless you are on the in.
Stressful
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2019
High stress. You have to pick your own packages from the racks and load your own truck. You have 200 - 300 stops per day. Vehicles are dirty, broken rabbits, body damage to vans and need maintenance. You are expected to deliver to correct location, follow all traffic laws and rescue other drivers to help with their packages when you are done with your packages. Worst job I ever had.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Stressful, no organization
This job really is not that bad.
Driver Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2019
I really don’t see what the big deal is. I’v been working for CDS for awhile now and yes it can be stressful at times depending on the delivery location but overall it’s really not bad. You’re in a vehicle working at your pace, headphones in delivering packages. I feel you do need to take into consideration that you may need to be in some kind of shape/fit to be comfortable doing this type of work because it can be physically demanding. I love the independence. Management works with you but sometimes can be pushy about doing rescues. I do believe pay could be much better for living in California but they do give you chances to make more money by coming in an extra day. Overall I like this job, it’s not perfect but it pays the bills.
Pros
The independence, Co-Workers
Cons
Low wages, Short breaks
Company with poor managment and chaos
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 18, 2019
First of all the company is somewhat new. The manager has little experience in managing. He sits all day on his computer at the warehouse and and doesn't care at all about his employees and their well being in any way. He shows up in the morning at the parking lot and stares at the sky where we all meet up in the morning. Second, half of the vans the company provides for us have expired registrations and inspection stickers. Some vans have no break lights. Its highly dangerous especially when you are on the road delivering when the sun goes down. People quit left and right when they see that the amount of stress and trouble this job produces. You arrive at 8 and you tend to to get home around at 8 as well depending how far away you live from Milford. For 16.80, is not worth it in any way. Dont even get me started on the employees that work there. Most of them especially the ones that train you are socially awkward rejects. You can see why they work these lone wolf type of jobs. Stay away lol. Save yourself the trouble
Trash
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 18, 2019
Terrible company nothing good to say about it other than few cool drivers. No support from management or dispatch. Unsafe vehicles. Long hours little pay. Pay not worth it for the work. Very unorganized!!!
Horrible place to work
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2019
There are many safety and legal concerns in regards to the company in which I used to work for (Courier Distribution Systems). Time theft was one of them, as my company continuously hands out work early every mourning (5-10 min early), and many employers as not paying attention, however some are clocking in as they hand out, but managers go into the system and automatically change it, regardless if they started handing out paper work early. Not only do they theft our times in the morning, they also do so with our breaks, there are days our timeline is so stringent becuase of Amazon's needs and wants, that we employees literally find ourselves urinating in bottles, and not taking our breaks, because CDS and Amazon literally watch our every step, and if we deviate a little or are behind on there standards, we are harassed.
CDS has also been tricking employers to come in on certain holidays, such as the recent Labor Day of 2018, where the dispatch put out a text to all the drivers stating “if you come in on Labor Day you will receive time and a half all day”. Thankfully I did not come in that day, however many other employees did, and com to find out there pay stub did not reflect time and a half for coming in on labor day, because management gave us the excuse of “ we didn’t want to go in the system and have to input time and a half for everyone, so we just put a $60 bonus in instead, which if any employer worked 9 or more hours that day, that $60 bonus would cover the lost, especially those working 10+hrs, which is the case most days. When many employers asked about this,
  more... they kept giving excuses and kept saying they didn’t put out anything about time and a half for coming in on Labor Day. I however believe I still have some text from other employees of them texting so. I asked some older employees who are not currently working with CDS, and apparently this is not the first time.
As stated in the last paragraph, there are days employees do not take lunch break, and still management would automatically go in and input it in our time stamps. Also, they are well informed if we are or are not taking our 15 min breaks or lunch, but they don’t not express any concerns if we are or are not, as their priority is to literally try to finish us as early as possible to make more money. So, while some of us employees are working through lunch or out 15 min breaks to meet their unbelievable high standards or perfection, they are not paying for it and they are making changes to our time stamps.
This is and has been going on since I have been working here and I hear it from multiple people. Unfortunately, people don’t understand the proper channels to go through to get attention on all the illegal things CDS has been getting away with, or there afraid of retaliation from the seniors and upper management, as they have been known to be unprofessional 80% of the time when dealing with things as such.
Last but not least of my concerns is SAFTEY. Since I have been working at CDS, safety has never been a priority to them. There concerns for us drivers are little to none. CDS makes us watch these safety videos Amazon puts out once on a blue moon, one not to recent ago (on our time by the way). But when it comes to packages being delivered, safety goes out the window.
For example, packages are stacked to the brim of the ceiling, to the point where you have no visibility out the back, and where you have no visibility to the side windows as they force you to put packages in your front seats. Another safety issue is dolly’s, as all of us drivers have to deal with heavy boxes, especially me as I deal with commercial drop offs downtown. Everyday I get on there case about why there are never any dolly’s, and everyday I am told that it’s a “first come first serve”, “go buy your own, but we wont reimburse you”, “I don’t know what to tell you”, “To Bad”, even though I express my concerns for my safety and that it is required especially for downtown. Another example of there neglect is there work vehicles, almost every van’s safety integrity is gone.
All the vans have been in accidents and they refuse to fix them or file an insurance claim. There are vans where the front end our smashed up, but yet they make us drive them. There are van’s with metal showing because the tires are so bald, but yet they make us drive them. Van’s where the safety steps are smashed in so there are no safety steps, I especially know of a incident a employee rolled his ankle because of so, and they have yet to fix that van. The safety concerns at this company is truly alarming, and I am quite surprise they have been getting away for this so long, especially with amazons knowledge of all of it, but they just turn a blind eye literally and walk away, I know because I express my safety concerns not to long ago in front of management and amazon management, but amazon walked away, so they are aware, but don’t care.
I have already been hurt once because they failed to provide me with a dolly, and I went through he-ll in back especially having to file for workman’s comp, where bills ended up pilling and the stress that cam along with it was unbearable and truly was killing me. However, they still continue to not provide no safety equipment to all the drivers, sadly it’s unfortunate, because one day a life may be lost because of their lack and concern of our well-being and safety for their greed.
I understand you make not be able to fix all of this, as I know safety is not your department, but I just had to get it out and let all of you know before working here how unprofessional and unsafe they are, along with all the illegal things CDS has been getting away with, along with Amazons knowledge of so.
Pros
Alternate work days
Horrible Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  CDS MilfordFebruary 24, 2019
With a spineless site manager and a short pudgy sidekick with Napoleon syndrome it really makes it tough coming in and doing your job happily, lack of appreciation and respect towards the drivers going out in any weather to make corporate look good. God forbid you show any great work ethic and you have a bad day. Stay away, if you wanna be treated with decency and be paid accordingly you could go anywhere else. Respect yourself as a human and know that CDS isn’t a worth it.
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Garbage pay / Worse management
this is a terrible job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2019
this is a terrible job, the company does not care about us or take care of our needs. they will treat you like a slave, they should at least be offering 19$ hourly for this kind of labor
Poor management; very unprofessional workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Bad management all around. The boss isn't located in the state, she's very forgetful, and I believe a drunk. The female supervisor with the accent and crazy eyes is very rude and forceful.
Pros
Pay is ok
Dispatch Orders
LOGISTICAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 6, 2019
I was hired as a logistical specialist during a time of restructuring in the companies business plan. The upper level management is very proficient and a pleasure to work for. However, the hours can be rough and so can the clients
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working weekends
I'm not sure if the other reviewers are disgruntled
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2019
I have no issue with CDS, my dispatcher is carrying and nice, all the other drivers are friendly, it has been a great experience for me. You get out of it what you put in. If you hustle you can have short days and still get full pay!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Can be long days at times
Read before you joined!
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 28, 2019
Every comments and reviews on here are true about this company. This company doesn’t care about the drivers well being. They only care about the numbers and if the managers at each branch location are doing their jobs at making sure they aren’t losing these numbers. Or costing them any more money. So if you are looking for a raise in the near future you won’t receive it, if you looking for advancement in career change in the future you won’t receive that either. You will get the run arounds about any better future working for this company.. they can’t lose you as a driver unless otherwise.

This company can’t waste anymore money on drivers who seeks better or want to do better. But if the managers who have a personal favorite in mind everything changes. Favoritisms is highly enforced at this location. You have to personally know one of the managers or smitten with one to get what you truly rightfully owed for all the hard worked you put in overtime.

Better vans, routes are given in advance to those favorites, and the rest get what’s left.( Always broken down vans with bald tires, beat up bumpers, trash inside, smells like urine and there is urine bottles almost daily, maintenance of the vehicle are in terrible conditions )and they still make the drivers drive out on the road with these vehicles. Again they can’t lose money for theses messed up vans.

And these unrealistic rules about tardiness and refusing routes, and among other things that will lead to termantation of your job..But if the favorite drivers break these rules which is constant it’s
  more... okay in the managers eyes.

They tried enforced write ups for little things like if you don’t help out a fellow driver on the road when you’re done with your route because they ( dispatch) don’t want to be stuck waiting all for that driver , (like that’s your problem.)

The Managers go back on what they enforced and when you called them out they throw tantrums and to start point fingers at you for their mistakes.

There not organized they don’t communicate, they tell your business to other drivers when they feel some type of way about you and sadly Cooperate backs up every unprofessional behavior that the managers orchestrated if it’s not costing them anything. ( They can’t deal with the drama) Even though it’s their job to assess the situations . Nobody cares about you over there or cares about your concerns or the work you put. It’s how much money you can provide without hurting theirs.

Work there and you will be mentally tired and shutdown.

Look the other way!
Pros
Paycheck was okay but still under pay
Dead end job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 18, 2018
Worked long hours, terrible quality trucks. Never been washed. Urine bottles stick in the walls of truck. Terrible management, it’s not a long term job. You won’t get paid untill 2 weeks after start day.
Pros
Weekly pay checks
Cons
Not professional
Horrible,Horrible,Horrible...stay away!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 12, 2018
Very stressful,management very unprofessional
Defintely not organzied,other than that it sucks knowing you work for this place.
Company not interested with the people that work there,just interested in production
Pros
Nothing, just a paycheck
Cons
None, it just sucks