COURTESY BUICK GMC Employee Reviews

A very productive and awesome place to work!!
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 25, 2019
A typical day as Courtesy was never dull. Literally, the phones never stop ringing, a continuous interaction with customers and employees, not to mention your daily work duties. I learned so much in the short amount of time I worked there. Words cannot begin to explain the management at Courtesy. My manager came pretty close to "Near-perfect." He possesses all of the qualities of a perfect boss. Courtesy was like one big family. It was a fun place to work, which makes it more enjoyable to wake up each morning and want to go to work. Everyone cares about each other and you matter. It is definitely a great place to work and grow. The hardest part of my job was leaving and I enjoyed each day that I worked there.
Productive, relaxed work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILDecember 20, 2018
Since new owners just took ownership in the middle of October, it's been a learning process for most of us here, but we are all like one big family. We strive for success and are very helpful to one another. We all try to be as productive as we can be during our slow days. (Like any other business)
There are improvements constantly being made. Training seems to be getting better / more important with daily sales meetings. So, if you don't have sales experience, or are interested in selling cars, you'd love to start here! There are never any stupid questions, only ones you don't ask! You are given the proper tools to succeed and management loves to step in and help the sales department, which is a big plus.

This is a place where you actually get excited about coming into work!
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Amazing place to get a great education and start in the automotive sales industry
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILDecember 19, 2018
Great place to work, new owners and managers are transforming this dealership into one of the best in the Crystal Lake area. Huge selection growing client lists. As well as incredible pay. I would definitely recommend someone to work here no matter the skill level in sales. I started with no automotive experience and now after their custom training program I feel like I can dominate this career!
Pros
Great staff, Incredible training, Amazing pay
Amazing environment
Sales and Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILDecember 19, 2018
I've worked here now for almost 6 months, I love the new owners very much! They are very understanding and love training us, especially Rick, he told me he was gonna train me to be the best sales woman in the Midwest even if it killed him. This is a positive work environment, so if you like coming to work to make money, and are driven you'll do fabulously here! Everyone is like a family here, super helpful and here to build eachother up. The hours are a lot, but it is worth it. Our porters are the backbone of our dealership. Always here to lend a helping hand. Also, if you're ever in a rut and can't think of anything to say to a customer, management is ALWAYS willing to step in and help you make a sale.
Pros
Free food, amazing trainers, positive environment, family oriented environment
Over stafed
Journeyman Technician (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 9, 2018
Average GM shop
Little to no advertising
Not enough work to go around
With the right people in charge I think this will be a great store again someday is in a great location with a great community
it's a mix of fast/slow paced with many understandable employees
BDC Rep (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILDecember 21, 2017
everyone is really nice and super helpful. at courtesy, we are family. we like to work with one another. although we do have our slow days, we manage to do something within the time that no customers show up
Pretty nice place to work
BDC Sales/Service (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILDecember 13, 2017
The one thing that really blows my mind is the owner is a hands on owner. Small family owned dealer that really does have competitive pricing for service and sales. Most places advertise with so much money taken off of a vehicle (which has every incentive discounted) and when you come in, they tell you that you're not qualified for those offers. They only add what everyone qualifies for and add the rest when you come on. Very honest sales guys, management is actually really nice and helpful. The porters are some really nice and friendly guys who do a lot for this dealership. I feel they are under appreciated. As far as service goes, the Advisor are really laid back friendly and helpful. They try and save customers a few bucks if they can. Really great place to work.
Pros
Enviornment, Staff, Hands-on Owner
Cons
None (Personal Experience)
Frienly place with long time customers
Sales and leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 13, 2017
Every one is friendly with alot of activity in a small new car dealer. Enough going on to keep you moving but not to much to over welm you. About as laid back as you are going to get in a car sales place.
Good
INVENTORY SALES SPECALIST (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALSeptember 12, 2017
It is a great place to find out how good of a salesman you are, there is always someone there to buy a car you just have to find out what car they are there to buy. Management is always willing to help.
Dedicated owner
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 12, 2017
A smaller family owned type business that has succeeded within a short period of time due to the direction of the owners achieving complete success of the business
Fun coworkers
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2017
It's nice to come in and laugh at work while being productive. The casual atmosphere is good and management allows the freedom to take time off when necessary without making you feel bad. Flexibility is great and allowed as long as your job is done correctly and on time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay/benefits are sub-par
Fun at times; Other times very frustrating
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 10, 2017
Long hours work life balance not good. Working with customer to determine their needs most of the time was very enjoyable and satisfying.

Working outside all year long at times was a challenge.
Pros
Lunch on Saturday free sometimes
Cons
health care expensive
Tight-knit group with good ethics
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 30, 2016
It wasn't my ideal job, but it was very rewarding and made me the hard worker I am today. Management was very fair and generous. Work environment was easy-going, but we got done what needed to be.
very poor managment and ownership, Great techs and service advisors
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 30, 2015
Avoid this place at all costs, ownership steals from General Motors, refuses to put any money into place for anything. One week we had no soap in the mens room, and many safety hazards. The non management employees are the only reason this place is still around. Management is terrible to employees and customers alike, they should not be working anywhere at all around people. They push out good employees to make room for new hires so they can save a couple dollars and put more money in their pockets.
Pros
Techs, Service Advisors
Cons
Everything!
Fun
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trussville, ALOctober 18, 2015
Fun place to work, management is supoortive, and give you the tools to grow. Inventory is high quality. Expectations for employees are high but they give you the tools and resources to succeed.
Family type atmosphere, but lacking any room for advancement.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2014
Courtesy was a family owned company. As a BDC rep, I spent my day calling customers to determine if they were interested in entering the vehicle market. I learned several skills as a telemarketer, including pattern interrupt and closed ended questioning. My direct manager was easy going and fun to work with. My co-workers were excellent. However, as there were no defined rolls past BDC manager and the position was well established, there was no opportunity to move upward.
paint prep &detail
Paint, prep and detailing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2014
prep cars for paint and detail wet sand and buff help out lead painter when needed
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Working short handed
Productive fast paced job
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2014
You come in at 7 a.m. to open up but arriving early is essential because customers are usually there early to get there vehicle serviced before work. You're usually busy so before you know it lunch rolls around and most technicians take their hour break. A few stay to cover the lunch crowd and take their break after everyone else returns. When you come back from your lunch break the same applies when you first arrive you're busy and time flies. I like this job because it's fast paced and always different. I've learned time management, efficiency, how to solve problems, and working well with others. I also learned automotive detailing and servicing vehicles. Management and co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
healthcare, long hours at flat rate
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 14, 2013
Service Manager responsibilities including overseeing all fixed operations for the dealership.
don't know how they stay in buisness
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 5, 2013
Management staff lied about the position to get me to leave my other job an work there. Management staff would not work with you on ways to improve. They were only concerned about my customers from my last job. I was willing to make changes but they were not willing to give me a chance. Let me go before they had to pay me benfits.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers when they had customers.
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COURTESY BUICK GMC. Our community is ready to answer.