Courtesy Corporation Employee Reviews

fast pace, intense, stressful with no reward
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IASeptember 6, 2018
High expectations with little no reward or support the pay is not competitive or fair for the work load and responsibility you are given. quick promotions with no proper training for success
Not a great work environment. Dirty and unkept.
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJuly 11, 2018
In my 2 and a half years working at Courtesy Corporation, i have not once gone in to work happy expecting a fulfilling and good day, and come out the same way.
Pros
Half off discounts on food
Cons
A dirty work environment
Fun people to work with but staffing/training issues
McDonalds Manager (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 23, 2018
There is are decently flexible work hours but usually feel pressured to work certain hours that I have stated that I would prefer not to work. The people are fun to work with but it can be very stressful with under staffing and the turnover rate always requiring us to be training new people. There are also issues with cross-training and getting people to be able to work in both service and kitchen which would make it much easier to run a shift.
Good family of coworkers
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 23, 2018
The job is stressful, and it doesn't pay well. Management needs a lot of work to be in a proper working order. Often times you get scheduled outside of your availability, and it will be made your problem. Overall not the place for me.
Pros
50% discount on food on a workday. Free drinks.
Cons
No benefits
Good company
Maintenance/Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIApril 18, 2018
Its a good place to work great management. reduced meals, fast paced, very polite people, fun, can get hectic, very stable job really they have been around forever
General Overall Review
food preparation (Current Employee) –  Viroqua, WIApril 1, 2018
Good establishment to work at for introductory work in today's workforce. Fast pace makes the day go by very quickly and although most employees are very young, the atmosphere is very energized and fun.
Pros
discount on meals, flexible work schedule
Cons
low wages
Very fun workplace but occasionally very awful.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIMarch 30, 2018
I was treated poorly by managers I worked with on a daily basis. Sometimes but very often struggled to give out breaks or cover a position when needed. Example : a crew member needs to use the restroom and needs their position taken over so they can quickly do so and return to their job. They had asked the managers quite a few times and were told all of these times to “just wait” and that “they’d get someone for you in a minute”. Minutes turned into hours and covering for someone else’s break turned into you staying in that position you covered for, for your entire shift. Rude behavior was not expected from the managers but did happen anyways. There was zero consideration for my personal issues like my anxiety and depression, and occasional illnesses. I’ve had issues with my health for a week and a half now and due to this, can barely speak thanks to my throat pain and really struggle to hear out of either of my ears. I had called and told a manager this but to sum up the response I got, I can say that she didn’t care. I believe it is in your best interest as a manager to make sure everyone is accounted for and appreciated no matter what the circumstances may be at some points. Though I do not believe I should show up to work and do my job in a food service facility, only to not be able to speak or hear anyone, my managers may feel differently about this. I respect their opinions but there are points where you can draw the line. I do notice that they play favorites with people. Not everyone is going to like you but you’re going to expect to at least be acknowledged. Ignoring  more... your employees probably isn’t the best idea. Not sure what else to say but I really do not enjoy anything about working at this location.  less
Pros
Discounts on items you purchase during or before/after a shift, decent pay, flexible scheduling, etc
Cons
Disrespect from managers, long wait times just for a break, not really allowed to use the restroom at all if needed, etc
Fair.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMarch 7, 2018
McDonald's was a good place to work temporarily. It is not really a place I wanted to stay forever. Good people and management was on point. Nothing wrong with the place.
good
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Viroqua, WIJanuary 14, 2018
good work environment and it was a decent highschool job made me learn to show up and work as hard as you can even after football practices and other sporting events.
Pros
lots of fun people
Cons
often mistreated
Okay first time job
Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed training and working with the high schoolers a lot -- they were good workers and actually got along pretty well. There was some issues with management in terms of being professional and respectful to their co-managers and employees.
Stressful but fulfilling
Associate manager (Former Employee) –  St. Croix Falls, WISeptember 12, 2017
My location had a hard time finding and keeping good workers so we were always understaffed while being one of the busier stores in the area. Everyone did their best in spite of that, though.
Pros
Community, pay, flaxibility
Cons
Understaffex, stressfull, drama filled
A nice place with good management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 8, 2017
A typical day at work has time periods with a very high number of clients ( the lunch hours) where you need to work well under stress, fast and correct, and 'dead periods', when there are few clients. The management is good, reliable and well-intended towards newcomers. The most important thing i learned is to maintain my focus under intense pressure factors.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
If there is no work to do, you get sent home
can be fun loving group
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 2, 2017
It is a different environment than I thought before I was employed.
It was nice to know that food is made to order. There are reasons it looks like some people are not working when your a customer. You are assigned a location and need to work as a team. Different people get the food and others hand it out. You are sort of at the mercy of your fellow worker.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
hard standing for 8 plus hours
Buen ambiente laboral
Gerente de Tienda (Former Employee) –  ROCHESTER MN EUApril 28, 2017
Un ambiente diferente con diversidades de culturas
Good start
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 11, 2017
I think working here is a good start for a high school student because this is where I worked as a high school student. But in the end management was not treating me well, giving me inconvenient shifts where I would not be able to get to work due to transportation issues.
friendly
Breakfast Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 27, 2016
I love serving the customers knowing that the satisfaction they receive is what they want. I enjoyed the early shift I worked.
This job was bitter sweet.
2nd Hourly Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durand, WIJuly 1, 2016
Some days were a lot smoother than others; depending on the staff that showed up. On the good days the job was great and ran smooth and was a fun place to work and be a leader however when it got bad it got really bad. A lot of the people were really hit or miss but the gems made it a good day. The hardest part was the constant understaffing of the store; the enjoyable days came when the store was staffed and things went smooth.
Pros
Free or half priced food.
Cons
Insurance sucked and understaffing was a problem.
Good Place To Learn On Your Feet
1st Assistant Manager Store Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WINovember 14, 2015
McDonalds has a really good training program that gives you the tools to succeed. You learn how to manage people while meeting customers' needs. It is a fast paced environment that challenges you to think on your feet and make changes quickly. You must be able to adapt and improvise on short notice.

You get to work with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds, ages, and abilities. It is rewarding to bring out the best in everyone and to accomplish goals as a team.
Pros
flexible schedule within reason, free uniforms & food
Cons
constant staff shortages, low pay & not very great benefits
Managing a team of people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 20, 2015
Fast paced work environment with friendly people. Very supportive management team. Have learned how to manage a team of 30 plus team members.
Pros
Free food, good benefits
Cons
The hours of work
Great place to work!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 23, 2014
Baraboo McDonalds is a great place to work with a completive salary base and a great training program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courtesy Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.