Courtyard by Marriott
71Above average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Courtyard by Marriott:

Courtyard by Marriott Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
Nice place to work
Very god company, Learned a lot, nice co workers, Strong management.
Good customer service and caring, Organised and supporting.

Very encouraging and supporting the team
experienza agradable
te dan oportunidades de crecer en otros departamentos
Great
I love the courtyard Marriott people friendly environment, very convenient great staff, great benefits, great food, beautiful place to stay when ur in town, the rooms Are Beautiful.. And you will enjoy your Stay
Demanding, but gratifying career
This position held at Courtyard certainly had its pros and cons, but all in the concerted effort to satisfy guests, and exceed expectations. Promotion of team building, inclusion, and diversity were all positive incentives while I held my position, although within my first year I felt somewhat isolated in my decision making. So, with more support and feedback from upper management, Courtyard will continue to be a great success in the hospitality industry!
The employees
You will learn a lot from everyone at the job and they make sure that you feel welcomed. You also have opportunities to expand within the company. Always positive attitudes.
El cambio de compañía pone mucho trabajo con poco pago y pocos días de trabajo y con 32 cuartos ocupados para sus 8 horas y 16 cuartos checados para aser sus 8 horas de trabajo con 2/3dias de trabajo por emplead@s
Great working environment
Enjoy working for the company will continue working for if I was to be rehired
Why the questioning of such. This has nothing to do with learn skills and training that was provide by the company.
great place to be
my typical day would start around 6 am I would work a shift at the bistro, do my haacp readings inventory, scheduling cover the front desk when needed.
Pros
great company to work
Cons
time maintanece
As Manager your staff follow your lead, so I lead by example.
Arrive at work at 7am check email/voice-mail then proceed to start the day by preparing the staff task sheet in order to prepare the team for a successful day. Have a team stand-up meeting at 8am then give everyone their assignments and each person get their supplies and goes to the guest floors, I then walk the floors and check for any guest issues that was reported by the night shift and coordinate with the Front Desk in order to get the matter resolved. Between 9-10am attend the managers morning meeting, after the meeting I go back to my office and check my department payroll, check the forecast for the next few up-coming days to ensure I have enough staff to cover the demand.
How to relate to different cultures, not to assume anything, investigate and ask question.

Feeling as if I did not accomplish enough in that day.

knowing that my team had a good day and not stressed out over the small thing that arise up during the day.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not enough support staff for managers
Great started Hotel
The courtyard brand is a great start for anyone wanting to get into the hospitality business. You will be able to learn many different parts of the hotel business.
Great Co-workers
Flexible shifts for those who may need it, great benefits within the corporate logistics, and co-workers are amazing.
Pros
$2 lunch/dinner, 30 min break, great employees
Cons
terrible management, inconsistent with schedule and reprimands
Productive. Co-workers are helpful. You get to meet and learn new people everyday from different places with different traditions and cultures. The company highly values each employee.
Pros
Good travel benefits
Productive and very diverse work place.
It can be very busy and challenging sometimes because it requires you to be flexible in different working conditions, but it is really fun working here. Co-workers were very nice and friendly. They also have lots of benefits and rewards to their employees.
Pros
Lots of awards/rewards
Cons
Working hours
Always seen new faces
On average the brand of business travelers that we receive in and out of the hotel are pretty pleasant. Your tourists are always happy and excited to be here, so I never have any problems with helping them. I have a great team, everyone, helps out as much as they can. The hardest part of the job is telling a guest one policy and then they complain to the managers and they then bend the rules, in the end making me look like I was just being difficult "just because" The happiest times at work are when I can help a guest with their plans to go and see the city!!!
Pros
discounted lunches, great health benefits, and discounted hotel rooms!
Cons
short breaks, flex scheduling
Front Desk
Expect to meet all types of people coming in and out of the hotel! Awesome way to network, you never knew who you might meet each day! Management is usually very accommodating with any special requests we may have to meet. The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling like I've made a guest enjoy their visit to Washington.
Pros
discounted room rates and lunches
Cons
short breaks, having to work all shifts (day, night, weekend, etc.)
Most enjoyable,exciting and challenging.
Great place to work with excellent management,coworkers,environment.No hardest part at all.
Learned all aspects of Housekeeping and security including customer satisfaction.

Great coworkers.

Customer satisfaction and the Management's satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunch.Breaks.
Cons
Nothing at all.
Great company to work for
Great environment, training opportunities, and the ability to work with others in all departments.
Listening music
I am a us citizens , I leaned a lot about french bakery.I know to do a lot of things like pastry savories and delicious french madeleine. My co- workers like me ,we do together a good job, good team .The hardest part of the job is when somebody calling off and I have to bake , help and serve customers making salad and soup before somebody 's coming to help me . The good and enjoyable part is when everybody are here and we do a small birthday's party.
Same at courtyard marriott hotel , I learned a lot.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very short break 10 min
Hospitality at it's best!
Working for Marriott International is an amazing learning experience to learn hotel operations. Working at a property teaches team work, culture, values, customer service, financial applications to run the business, and so much more. The most enjoyable part is the customer interaction and the family environment shared by all employees. The hardest part is the hours, as a hotel never closes, hotel occupancy and demand is everchanging, and being flexible in hours/days is a must.