Courtyard by Marriott Employee Reviews

Found 1,156 reviews matching the search See all 1,371 reviews
Great team, Respectful people
Room Inspector, Assistant Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 1, 2019
I worked there for nearly a year and if the cost of living in California wasn't so insane, I would still be working there. I had a great team, who worked well together even if we didn't always see eye to eye. Management was great, always backing us up, knowing the struggles of Hospitality. Typical day was a lot of walking. The most enjoyable part of the job was the respect everyone had for each other.
Management even bought me a cake for my birthday and surprised me.
Pros
Management respects you, outstanding teamwork
Cons
Some days are longer than others
Courtyard Paducah
General Manager / Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 19, 2018
Having gone through several owners / management company transitions while under their employ, the moral was up and down quite often. Newer leadership is fantastic
Pros
New leadership is on point
Cons
Owner / Management company transitions are too freuqent
Easy Job
Guest Environment Expert "housekeeping" (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Nothing hard about this job. Cleaning is natural. Organization, detailed, time management, and keeping guest happy. Communication was not good at all.
Pros
unsupervised
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Es una empresa que valora el trabajo de todo el personal
Reservations Manager/Front Office Manager
Reservations/Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2019
Good place to work. Everyone friendly. Discounts to other Marriott Hotels. TGI Fridays connected to hotel was great! Good food and atmosphere. Nice location.
Pros
Fun place to work. Meet new people
Cons
Schedule
No comment
Housekeeping Inspector supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 2, 2019
Courtyard was a great experience the team was great people to work with. The company should put more into the maintenance of the hotel but overall marriot is a great company to work for
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
They always lost good employees
Courtyard Marriott front agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
This place was a really good job for starting out in a new city. Thry do need a communications manager because a lot of employees rather gossip than work
Personaltiy
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 21, 2019
If you have a submissive personality than you'll do just fine. However if you have a strong personality than chances are you will butt heads with the upper manager. Not all upper managers are like this, however, the most important one is.
Fun Coworkers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Marriott, although short. The staff was friendly and management took care of the employees. It's a fun fast paced environment for someone interested in the hospitality field
Marriott Lifestyle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 19, 2018
This job is not for someone who is looking for a fill time/long term solution unless in a management position of some sort, or has not major responsibilities in their personal life.

This type of hotel is made for events, large family gatherings, or business travelers. So best to expect high paced work place with little to no break time, keeping in mind that the customers come first while on the clock.
Fun Relaxing Workplace
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
Worked there a little over a year and genuinely enjoyed my time there, was never overworked and i loved the people i worked with. Everyone came into work with a positive attitude which made our days go by well and efficiently.
Single front desk agent
Hotel Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 31, 2018
Front desk 3-11 shift you work alone no management for break or bathroom coverage. Rely on coworkers housekeeping or bistro to let guests know you will be right back. Must be able to stand 8 hrs.
Cons
dont always get meal breaks
Stressful
Saratoga Springs - Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 31, 2018
Poor management and hours. The same people would call out of work all the time and nothing would happen to them. There are sections that we get and some housekeepers are more protective about them than others
great vibes from guests but management needs help!
Food Server Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2019
the guests always make working fun! Coworkers are so outgoing and helpful when it comes to management. There's a conflict of interest within management when it comes to the dating scene between managers. They always clique up and seem to pick favorites :( Wish upper management would separate the two.
Educational
Operations Supervisor/ Manager, and EHK (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 28, 2018
Overall day to day was good. Staff was welling to always do extra duties to help when hotel was under staffed. Management was turned around and the new team lack of experience and knowledge of their roles. During my time there I learned how to run front desk, I learned how to work in the F&B department to help cover shifts. I also learned how to do the Hotels night audit and reported the Hotels revenue.
Pros
Holiday Celebrations
Cons
short breaks if any at all
Need at job at the time
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 25, 2019
I needed a job, the place I was working for before was relocating and i was unable to relocated with it at the time. I wish I would have relocated with my other job.
Pros
Discounted rooms/food/drinks
Cons
scheduling
Great place to work.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 23, 2019
The management is very enjoyable to work with, as are my co-workers. The management is also very flexible with schedule change. The environment is fun, and the work is very easy to learn.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Standing up for 8 hours
Bad Benefits
Group Rooms Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKFebruary 14, 2019
The company has terrible benefits and the HR is very clueless on how to do their job. They are willing to lie about employment and if you put in a notice then they will escort you off of property like you committed a crime.
Great Environment
Laundry Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 6, 2018
The atmosphere at the Courtyard is very relaxed. The employees and the managers all work seamlessly together to ensure that the guests have a perfect stay.
Pros
Discounts, people, hours of work
relaxed
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJanuary 14, 2019
answer phones, greet guests, learn something new everyday, not everyday is the same, work alone or with other employees, management is alright she could care a little more but other then that shes good.
Pros
getting to know gussets
Cons
no one gets to work on time