Coushatta Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Casino
Casino (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAAugust 1, 2019
It's fun place to be work play enjoy I guess anyone's welcome I like working there it beautiful to work and money is great depends where u work at there kids place we're u can bring the kids it place we're u park at.
It’s a good working environment
Steward (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJuly 26, 2019
I enjoyed working at coushatta the benefits are great, it’s a good paying job the work environment is good everyone was treated well and fairly . It’s helpful
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Shouldn't even deserve any stars!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJuly 22, 2019
I don't even know where to begin woth this awful underpaid job. I heard from over hundreds of employees at coushatta that I made a mistake applying to coushatta because every department is abosutely terrible with management and you're not promised the PTO that you get every pay period. Even if you do end up getting PTO you can't even use it because they reject it. I highly recommend not applying ro Coushatta Casino Resort because it's not as great as people says it is.
I loved it
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 24, 2019
I really like it because I was cooking and other stuff the pay was alright but it wasn’t the best the chief wars good to work for they made working fun
Managers favorite people who tell them what they want to hear.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 16, 2019
In the year and now growing time, they continue to prove that talking and kissing up to the managers will get you further then working hard discouraging hard workers.
Positve and Encouraging workplace
SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 11, 2019
Our Managers and Supervisors made sure we satisfied and on the same page during Pre-Shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was the great communication between the my peers nd co-workers. I learned how to multi-task between helping as a cashier and serving food when we became busy.
Fun place with great benefits
Pari-Mutuel Teller (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 9, 2019
Overall work experience was fun and enjoyable. Some areas of upper management need reevaluating. Favoritism was abundant. Promotions often were not skill based but based on who you know.
Don’t do it
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAMay 8, 2019
Worked there for 11 years because it’s really the only place in the area of you want insurance and don’t have a degree. I ended up on several anxiety medications because of the stress of this place.
Its busy
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAApril 24, 2019
Very busy very fast paced. Low pay the one good thing was the pharmacy and doctor office on site made it very easy and convenient to go to the dr when needed. It was ok
Great company to work for. Hopefully going back soon
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAApril 18, 2019
Overall great company. Was full-time as a busser and would have to say it was really fun. Loved the casino environment. Would love to go back asap!!!!
Pros
Discounted lunches, Great people, Great Co-Workers.
Fun fast pace
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAApril 15, 2019
Even on a bad day we still had a good time. It was fun and also great to have regulars come in and request you to be there server. I miss working there.
Great opportunity to start fresh and make foundations for later in life.
Supervisor in table games. (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAApril 3, 2019
It is an adequate job. It offers a great opportunity to make a better lifestyles for people. A major con is that if you can't handle drunk, rude, irate guests on a regular basis it makes for a stressful working environment.
Pros
Discounted lunches, breaks about every hour, adequate benefits.
Cons
Stressful, must be able to handle irate guests on a regular basis.
Great Co-Workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAFebruary 27, 2019
I enjoyed working with the associates at Coushatta and great benefits. They have their on Pharmacy which made it easy and convenient for the associates.
Horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAFebruary 15, 2019
I worked at Cafè Grande where the manager is horrible and shouldn’t be a manager. I was “terminated” for falsely being accused of shutting down Nathan’s hot dog stand at 9 when I didn’t. The manager lied and said she checked the cameras and she can’t even look at the cameras. Me and another associate started to clean Nathan’s early likewe always did because we was slow. I received an email stating my separation from coushatta and didn’t receive a call from my manager saying I was fired, so I called and asked her if I was terminated with being connected to her from HR and she hung up in my face. Her and the other management team treats the other workers like trash.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Everything is horrible
You meet a lot of people.
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAFebruary 7, 2019
Its a great job everyone gets along with one another. If you need help there is always someone to you help. They issue Great bonuses and you get to move to another dept. if you don't like your job.
Pros
Great bonuses!!!
Cons
No weekends off
Professional and competitive
Room Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAFebruary 2, 2019
Coushatta Casino Resort is a very competitive work environment yet they do pay you very well they do take care of their employees. You're constantly dealing with guest and trying to provide the best service you can
fast pace at times, but nice and quite
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 28, 2019
it start off slow every morning, but increase during checkout time. I enjoy the environment. I like my hours its a very easy job. no room for advancement. typical days are nice.
Pros
new my house
Cons
rather work in my field
great for lower level hourly associates
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 23, 2019
if you stay in lower level postitons and do not try to advance it can be a decent place to work if you over look the drama. The pay isnt always that great in those positions however. If you choose to move up into management you should strive to stay at low level management bc the higher you go the less job security you have. There is not much work/homelife balance, it is a casino afterall. I used to try to get people to go to work there, i was proud to work there. In the last few years with an influx of new upper management things have rapidly gone down hill.
Pros
amazing health benefits
Cons
no job security
Fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 22, 2019
You are expected to work efficiently and quickly. The other coworkers are great to work with. You learn time management while working here. Some of the management could use help.
great people to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company. they took care of you if we had bad weather and would put you in the hotel for safety and would not let you leave until weather report said It was ok..