Cousins Properties Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
A typical day at work is scheduling your time to get necessary repairs made, inspect and perform preventative maintenance on the equipment you were responsible for. Again ensuring tenant comfort with trying to not let them be aware you were working around them.
Very political
Building Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
This company was great starting out but the longer I stayed, I started to realize my lead engineer would never want to show me any HVAC procedures. He would sit in his office and watch YouTube videos and task the rest of us out with projects. This company is all about having a good reputation and not actually taking care of its own. You're just another number like anywhere else.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2017
Good place to work, learned a lot, good work schedule, nice people to work with. Strong communication skills with client and co-workers. Good benefits.
Great Management
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
Those in management positions really help grow their employees and invest in them. Overall, it's a great company to work for. Good work culture and great people!
Awesome, Productive and Rewarding!
Interim Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2017
Great managing team! Willing to support those looking to advance and progress the company's ideals and goals. There is an apparent level of favoritism on the part of management towards select contractors. But for the most part a great company to work for.
Good company and people
Office MgrAssistant to Director/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Great company, benefits and coworkers. Room to advance. Loved the bonus you get for hard or extra work. They did reward their employees for going the extra mile. Loved the job and people.
Pros
Great company
A bit stressfull at times, but I loved what I did.
Sr. Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Work took over my life. To much work for amount of people in the department so they relocated to corporate office instead of hiring more people. Loved the people I worked with.
all hands on board
Grade 1 Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJuly 1, 2015
duties HVAC, special projects, life safety, meters, plumbing, lights, door hardwear, and day to day needs. hardest part of the job was working on a pneumatic HVAC system
Pros
awesome company
Cons
job did not last long enough
Work experience with Cousins Properties
Grade II Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2014
A typical day for me is to work start-up or shut down shift in both Terminus 100 & Terminus 200,make sure all life safety systems work properly, also check that all exhaust fans and toilet exhaust fans work properly, make sure all SCU, PIU,VAV units work on all tenant floors and throughout the common areas, check EMS system to make sure that all lighting in tenant spaces and common area work properly, answer all work orders in a timely manner, and complete PMs given to me by the Chief Engineer, as well.

Within the last few years, I have obtained my CPO license. I have improved on my leadership skills, as I train an apprentice engineer. I have also improved in using TRANE Tracer systems and TRANE Summit. I have under my supervision two lampers, who I have trained to install lighting and ballast.

I have the privilege of working under a chief engineer who has 22 years experience and thus learning from him. I work with a knowledgeable and helpful team.

The most difficult part of my job is staying on property for several days, when weather requires it. Although I know it is necessary, it is not easy.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction the tenants get as a result of my hard work.
Typical day
Property Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2014
Primary duties:
Coded and processed vendor invoices daily through an on-line payment system (Stellent).
Emailed monthly tenant statements.
Maintained annual office equipment and property inventory lists.
Monitored and compiled annual tenant survey.
Assisted Corporate Concierge with tenant events, emails and flyers.
Assisted Chief Engineer in updating emergency notification system procedures.

Back up for Receptionist and Tenant Services Coordinator. Duties included:
reserving conference room, ordering office supplies, updating company website and digital directory, making travel arrangements, submitting employee timesheets, verifying tenant/vendor insurance, processed security clearances, and dispatched work orders.
Pros
Training in commercial property management, staff was patient and communicated specific assignments for this position, working with tenants and vendors
Cons
Late security requests, Tenant / Vendor insurance expired, no experience in commmercial property management

Want to know more about Cousins Properties?

Ask a question
Great Company
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2014
Great company to work for, they really treat you like family.
Not a bad place to work.
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Its a great company, but the work culture is behind. Great benefits and above average compensation.
Family Atmosphere - Welcoming Environment
Executive Assistant to EVP (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2014
(Cousins Properties are one of the foremost-diversified real estate development companies In the United States. Its primary focus is on the creation of value through the development of commercial office, medical office, & retail properties in selected markets throughout the country.)
• Heavy Phone Screening, Travel Itineraries both Domestic & International, & all calendaring & Expense Reporting
• Prepared all correspondence both professional & personal
• Organized Conference Calls both Domestic & International
• Managed all site plan & lease plan storage
• Organized golf tournament & participated in gathering PR materials for the International Shopping Center tradeshow in Las Vegas
• Maintained close relations with all internal & external vendors in Memphis, Viera, Arkansas, North Point & Richmond
• Dealt with upper management on a daily basis, maintained a high level of professionalism.
Number one office developer in the SouthEast
Senior Vice President-Director of Office Leasing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2013
I was in charge of pre-leasing and negotiating all leases. Managed a sales force of 5 professionals.
Temp - Tenant Service Coordinator
Tenant Services Coordinator, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2013
• Answered all incoming maintenance calls and dispatched maintenance accordingly
• Enter all service call data into system
• Created and maintained building and parking deck access cards
Awesome Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Cousins Properties...unfortunately the economy did not allow for them to keep the workforce that they had and they were forced to lower it. I was part of the 3rd layoff that Cousins needed to take. It was 2 years that I will always be glad to have a part of my career. I enjoyed working with everyone there. It was a great team to be a part of. Management treated you as a equal. Great atmosphere and always felt appreciated.
Pros
family oriented company
Cons
they had to layoff their employees
Retail Flooring
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
Amazing organization and leadership. No longer in business.
Stuffy work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2012
As beautiful as the offices are, and with such an amazing back story and portfolio, this office was way too uptight. It felt as though if you smiled too much you were viewed as unprofessional.
Pros
real estate gurus
Cons
uptight office environment
Small Company feel at Large Corporation
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GeorgiaJuly 5, 2012
I manage two lifestyle centers in the greater Atlanta area. Cousins gives its management teams a lot of flexibility to use their own style to accomplish a common goal. I have learned a great deal, including budget planning, managing tenant requests and property maintenance. I work with a fantastic team of people. Despite differing personalities, we all bring our unique skills to the table to complement each others' roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cousins Properties. Our community is ready to answer.