Covance Employee Reviews

Working at Kit production
Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2018
Working at kit production has been a very interesting experience. Quite frankly the people at kit production from maintenance to the head over our department have played a major role in my journey in my working career at KP. They are the most kindest people and team work, hard working folks I have ever met. If KP didn't have a good group of staff the job would be stressful but team work and perseverance always gets the job done. But over all KP is a great place to work great and would recommend anyone with a great personality and a hard working team player to work here.
Pros
7 days off out of 14 days
Cons
short breaks, standing for long periods of time, immense focus for 12 hours
Good
Patient Access Advocate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 20, 2018
It is a good place to start a career. There are plenty of launch pads available in the company. It is good for those aspiring to move on up in the field of healthcare.
It is a job
Principal Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 18, 2018
It is a job, just like any job with its ups and downs. Recent company decisions have unfortunately not added any certainty to the job outlook. It is not the worst place to work at , but is likely not the best.
Great company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Good company to work for. Very large company. Fast pace working environment. Great people Large medical company. Could see myself working there in the future.
Fast paced
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 13, 2018
Very fast paced environment. Must be able to mutiltask. I personally have a tough time with advancement opportunities. Amazing benefits. Great chances to learn new functions.
Promote From Within
Research Nurse II / Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Covance offers a good tuition reimbursement program in conjunction with their mentorship and career coaching programs to promote exceptional employees to more valuable roles.
Pros
Flexible health and wellfare benefits
Cons
rotating shift hours
Orwellian Nightmare
Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 7, 2018
The people who thrive and advance at this company are people who become apart of the clique. This place does not care if you're a hard worker but would prefer you become one their pawns. I was misled about my position and then these pawns would test me on the orders of their superiors to see if I was loyal. They use the terrorist slogan of "if you see something, say something", which is a pretty good indicator of the fear based culture here. I was an entry level employee and we would get the blame for everything. I'm not saying they're aren't good people who work here, and I liked my coworkers at my level, but unfortunately our society rewards people who will do anything immoral and unethical in order to advance even though it's likely they are false promises anyway.
Will Pay For Souls
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 7, 2018
I've worked in the in-life department at Covance for 5 years. The only positive thing I have to say about my experience at Covance is that they're willing to pay you for the work you do. There is unlimited overtime. The next best thing is that you will probably form lifelong friendships, which is saying something post-college. The animals are fun for a while.

This department is horribly managed. There is no incentive for moving up in the department (besides a monetary one). You will work four out of every twelve weekends (that's 1/3 of the weekends a year) and four holidays. The work-life balance is non-existent. You start at 6am. On weekends, you'll probably be there by 5:30am. You don't get breaks. You get a lunch most days.

The money is great. My first full year at Covance, I made over $50k with no prior lab experience. In 2017, I made over $70k. I have coworkers who have made over $90k/year. It only took me 5 years to reach the advancement ceiling. But you will work for it. I've put in 80-90 hour weeks. This job takes a physical and mental toll. I'm exhausted at the end of the day, and have very little energy to put toward anything else productive. My body hurts. At 27 years old, I have the beginning symptoms of carpal tunnel, I have tendonitis in my foot, tennis elbow, and back pain.

If you're looking for an easy job to burn out on, Covance is the place for you. If you feel like keeping your soul, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Money, people, animals
Cons
work-life balance, leadership, hours
Could have been better
Program Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 4, 2018
Started out a temp, after a year and a half was made a employee. I had plenty of training and was great at my position. I quit because my supervisor pulled me aside and told me to stop applying for promotions that she wouldn't allow me to advance. She overlooked harassment going on in the team.
Pros
Pay, and benefits along with helping others
Cons
High school type cliques, catty ness, unfair work environment
Positive Work Culture and Environment with future career goal growth
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Covance was a good place to work with many opportunities for job growth and career oriented goals and skills. In the 5 years I worked at Covance I was very pleased with the management and management style as well as the cultural environment particularly in the Data Management dept in which the DM team worked together to help each other with multiple tasks even if not on the same client studies.
Pros
Positive Work Cultural and Environmenet
Cons
Company transitioning in a new direction
Unclear Direction
Manager, Financial Project Analysis (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 30, 2018
Covance is a service provider which has made several strategic changes since being acquired by LabCorp. There is no clear direction as of this time and due to lack of Managerial oversight and guidance, several aspects of the business are being left stranded.
Pros
Competitive Compensation
Cons
Lack of Direction
Professional, competitive environment
Clinical Monitor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
I have worked at Covance for 14 years. I like it because I believe in what they do as a clinical research company. With that being said, we were recently bought out by another company and the environment that I came to know is very different, as it is a very competitive compan.
Covance Summary
Billing and Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 28, 2018
You deal with intercompany teams on a regular basis
Cafeteria is open to all, reasonably priced
Management doesn't anticipate change well
Everyday presents new challenges
productive work enviornment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2018
a typical day at work consist of getting there at 5 am then standing for 6-10 hours then I would have to work in multiple sections of the department. The workers who arrived at 5 am are always the last one to leave. Management always seems to be scattered and confused with their employees. The hardest part of the job is standing for multiple hours.
benefits
Cons
never having a secific time off
Over worked
Large Animal Study Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 28, 2018
Beware!! Very high turnover. They over work their staff. New hires are treated rudely by senior technicians. Not a welcoming team atmosphere. Supervisors and managers are poor team leaders.
Very fun working with my coworkers, but job was fast paced and protocols were always changing
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 28, 2018
I absolutely loved this job, I was so upset when I had to quit. The work environment is fun and laid back but the work itself offers a lot of stress..
After working for a Pharmaceutical companies, CRO job is not for me.
SR. MANAGER - Global QA & Compliance, USA (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 25, 2018
Salary was okay, did not honor my experience, management was poor. Inexperienced were in higher positions. Not organized which added unnecessary work.
Pros
Home-based job
Cons
Not suitable for me
Interesting business
Invoice Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 25, 2018
Invoiced customers for staffing their clinical trials including the staffs expenses (hotel meals transportation). We had tight deadlines and it was stressful at times. Workplace culture could use some help.
Pros
Developed new skills
Cons
no engagement with management
Don't waste your time
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2018
It's a dead end job at a call center. Unless you want to spend your life on the phone then this is the place for you. Even if you're not taking calls, your job is centered on other people taking calls.
Stressful call center environment
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 23, 2018
You are tied to your phones, can only have so many minutes a day for restroom breaks, it is a not "what you know" environment but a "who you know". The culture is very strict, poor employee moral, career advancement is very difficult.
Pros
Casual dress daily
Cons
The culture, environment, overall management, work hours, training, cut-throat employees and supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

48out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Covance.