53Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Covance:

Covance Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA120 reviews
Covance will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to get the work done. They have a good training program and are constantly looking to improve it.
Always something new to learn and always a group/event to get into that does make it exciting.
This company was willing to training the right people for the job and also this company gives the opportunity to grow and learn and Always making sure that everyone is trained properly and able to get certified. Always had a list of training material that everyone could benefit in everyday. while I was working at this company I was able to get 21 certification ( main topic was how to handle Abuse in many ways) over the phone or even in person if that would ever to happened.
You are just a number
It does not matter how hard you work or time you give. They let you go whether you have been there a few months or even years without warning or consideration.
Nothing extra
Its really a great place to work at. Great environment. Free cofee. Relaxed atmosphere real team work and good people. The environment is mutually supportive
Covance
Its A lot of work and very hard to move up. You will meet some great people along the way. Its a casual work Space. Some of the Supervisor are Great .
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Very stressful place to work!
There is no job security, or work life balance. They run on a points system. At ten point you are terminated, but that's still subjective. The training is poor and unorganized. Once training is over in about 8 weeks or so, they stick you in an office with one or more fellow employees and let you fend for your self. The system is run on a program that is out-dated and confusing.
Very Supportive
You get amble support if you are not understanding your job duties. They always reward you for the quality of your work; you get recognized on the companies website nationwide!
Stressful place to work
Do not leave your present job for Covance. Poor management,low pay, high demands, you never know what you will be doing from one day to the next, high turn-around, you can be a great employee in the morning and get fired in the afternoon......horrible place to work at!
Great Company
This was on of the best companies/jobs I ever worked for, I absolutely enjoyed the time I had here. I would recommend just able anyone to give this company a try
Let go during Pregancy
Although I signed up to work at Covance through a recruiter, I started the job while pregnant, worked for a few weeks, then as I got closer to my due date I was let go. I can't prove it for a fact but extremely coincidental.
Worst place ever
Please please keep off this place if you really want to remain sane. All they see is their numbers they don’t care about you at all. You can die working here but they won’t even remove your corpse they’ll continue pushing for their numbers
It’s ok
If you are ok with tight reigns on you or tight discipline then this is a good place for you. You have to take exact time breaks. You have to meet a certain metrics or you’re gone.
Extremely draining
I worked in the position as a Patient Access Advocate for almost two years. I read the bad reviews and decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that all management cares about here are their numbers. From unorganized training, incompetent managers, cliques, attendance policy and zero work-life balance Covance has all the components that create a toxic work environment.
Pros
PTO when you can get it approved
Cons
Everything else
Very poor management
The management would do well as used car salesman. This is the quality valuable to the upper management, not productivity, not scientific knowledge and definitely not problem solving. The upper management has low education, but can schmooze until the client's heads are spinning. Nothing gets done in time, everything is delayed, and this site is unable to prioritize. Total disarray. When things hit the fan, blaming is the only thing to do. Not sure how the site director, scientific director, all managers got their jobs. Incompetence and Peter's principle ! Production manager is the worse!
Overall Experience
The job itself is very intuned with building team bonding skills and making a fun environment. The compensation could be better along with more opportunities for advancement.
Terrible Management
Do not have any kind of cohesion as far as procedures. One supervisor will tell you to do it one way and the next minute, you will be getting reprimanded.
Stay Away
Worst job I've never had in my life (which is why I am looking to get out)!!!
It is very stressful and the management does very little to make it easier for you. All they care about is meeting their numbers. Almost like modern day slavery (I'm a grown man and I have to ask permission to go to the restroom). I would not recommend this place to anyone, not even my worst enemy!!!
great environment to work
great place to work. very fast pace. most meet your quota. you are given points for every time you are late or call out. if you receive too many points they will let you go. if they let you go they want tell you until you come in in to work. then come to your desk and have you pack up your things and walk you out in front of everyone! with that said, I hope I did not discourage you, because you can really move up if you put in the work! nice buildings nice people!
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
having to meet daily quotas
Covance
Covance is an interesting environment to work in. The employees are very nice, knowledgeable, and work very hard at their jobs. The global processes are being restructured.
Fair place to work
Very strict about cell phones, strict dress code some days ,Everyone works together, it sucks working as a temp for the company you don't receive the same benefits as everyone.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no paid time off if you're a temp
High turnover, poor management, poor life/work balance
Work days were long as when people left which was often, their workload was just dumped on others. There was little concern for quality or people, only the bottom line. Managers were not leaders but bosses who played favorites. Morale was mostly low. There are some good employees, but there is a need for strong scientific leadership.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Work load, lack of adequate training, problems don't ever seem to get solved
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.7
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight