Covance Employee Reviews

A good stepping stone
Study Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2018
Working as a study technician is a good stepping stone to move up within the company, or elsewhere. However, with the company constantly going under new management, things change often and job satisfaction can quickly decrease.
Never work here.
Research Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
management is horrible.the job is horrible. the people are horrible. you are overworked and underpaid. Management is rude to you, even though you are more educated than them.
See my other comments.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 18, 2018
Poor management at many levels/highly overworked staff. High turnover of staff. No work to life balance. Culture between individuals is good, however this is not due to the company but with employees who may enjoy their work in spite of management and the company. The past several years has seen a huge amount of work placed on staff to the point of inability to address all work and in the best or correct manner. Due to this reason, there are many unreasonable expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management at many levels/highly overworked staff
I do not recommend working at Covance due to the lack of organization and due to the fact that the department I worked in was very unorganized.
Systems Secialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 11, 2018
Covance has senior management within each organization that can not make decisions. I heard arguments inside closed office doors that included yelling and that did not meet my expectations of the culture and environment that I need to feel safe and secure about my job. Covance has a very large turn over rate and is severely behind the times with technology.
Pros
On site cafe, Quiet atmosphere, free lab testing, promotes wellness
Cons
Extremely unorganized, management likes to make all the decisions themselves without involving team.
i worked as a temp for recieving
SAMPLE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2018
The job was quick and very competitive. There was a very high quota and the managers did not care about your feelings or illnesses. Their job was to make sure you put out numbers
Best place with a lot of room to advance!
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 1, 2018
I have been here almost 2 years now and received a promotion within the firs 8 months. I continue to grow and learn here at Covance there are so many different places to advance I can't wait to see where I end up.
Pros
All of them
Cons
Pay
Hopefully Things Have Changed
Associate Analytical Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2018
I worked at Covance about 5 years ago, so things have probably changed quite a bit. However, while I was there management began getting rid of company events and forcing overtime on all employees.
Challenging and rewarding
Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 31, 2018
A fast past environment with challenging projects, interesting colleagues, and rewarding out comes. The landscape of the contract research environment is quick paced. Drug and therapeutic research globally proves to be rewarding but requires a flexible work schedule with colleagues and clients around the world.
Pros
Never dull
Cons
Workload
Very friendly, always on the phones and taking care of customers
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 30, 2018
My job title was to take care of patients with certain cancers and provide the correct treatment to each individual. Keeping a smile on all of my coworkers faces and being appropriate with the work policy
A great employer
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 28, 2018
My tenure with Covance was a short one, but everything about the experience was positive. Great, competitive pay. Training was fast paced but covered all the important aspects and the work itself wasn't overly demanding. Recommended.
Overall a good place to work. Good pay and you start with a considerale amount of vacation days
Desktop Publisher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2018
overall a good place to work. the department I worked in was deadline driven, so it could be very stressful. Over time was often Mandatory. I don't think this was true of all departments. They gave you a lot of vacation time.
customer service
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 24, 2018
My daily basis at my job was always a competitive situation. The environment was always a good place to learn and perform my skills on the daily basis
Good job to have
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 23, 2018
The job itself isn't stressful. A person must be detail oriented to work here. Flexibility is key to being successful as things change daily. I love it here. Management tries to be a friendly face and be personable which I appreciate.
Pros
Pto, pay, hours
Productive work environment
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 23, 2018
Productive work environment.

Very good leadership and management.

Balanced travel schedule.

Workplace culture was supportive.

Learned a great deal about clinical trial management.
Dull and stressful
Sample Handling Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 13, 2018
Where I work the environment is very drab, yet we are overwhelmed by work. Management has bitten off more than the department can chew and we employees are drowing beneath it.
Pros
opportunity for overtime
Cons
No longer have paid lunch
Great Company, unfortunate layoffs
Sr. Clinical Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2018
Covance was very competitive in their pay and benefits. Management was fantastic. I learned a lot and was always paid fairly. It was unfortunate the company had to make changes.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Layoffs
Typical Call Center workplace
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
A typical work day depends on the day, they monitor your every move. The attendance policy is not realistic. Honestly I think the experience is how you make it to be and could be depending on the program your in. Basically you need to be a happy robot.
Pros
I enjoy the people I work with, they help you get through the day.
Cons
Attendance policy needs immediate help
Think before you accept
Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 22, 2018
No work life balance. 24/7 work and holidays too.
Decent coworkers but they are stressed to the max.
Decent PTO but not easy to take off and your PTO can be denied based on work load.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
no work life balance
Easy going and relaxed
PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 15, 2018
Good work culture, work life balance. Poor pay and job security. Easy to do job, very relaxed, monday through friday. weekends and holidays, unpaid. CAn convert to covance employee after a year.
work balance
Project Manager Associate(Quality Assurance) (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 12, 2018
This is a nice place to begin but tends to be very clicky. If you are not a part of the right click of people or race then you can get lost or not well trained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight