Covance Employee Reviews

Great job
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 20, 2018
This is a really great express and there is definitely room for growth, when you give outstanding performances. I would recommend this job with anyone.
Above Average
Senior Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 18, 2018
Above average company to work with new management (LabCorp) buyout. I did enjoy working at Covance but my last few years were unimpressive. Requested to improve skills with training and mentors for higher responsibility and positions but no available projects or training was given.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Advancement in career or position is poor
Remote may not be your thing
Sr. LIMS Developer for Global Services (Former Employee) –  Telecommute positionNovember 16, 2018
For technical development, Covance will allow remote. I found the place to be a little cut throat and pointing fingers. The developoment work I was promised never happened. I wanted to leave after 2 months but stayed for 6.
Pros
Get you the equipment you need to do your job
Cons
management, cut throat, petty, meetings galore
Growing Company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 11, 2018
The company is currently experiencing the pro's and con's of growing pains. Organizational changes, increased business, Lap Corp partnership.........
Strong company with a solid work life balance
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
Very much a standard 9-5 office job, as in there's nothing inherently "special" about working there.

That being said, this job is an excellent match for those looking for a better work/life balance due to their work from home policies and great PTO offerings.
Fast Paced - High Turnover!
Analytical Chemistry Specialist - Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INNovember 9, 2018
A high volume lab which rewards low sample turnaround time
High staff and management turnover especially on the line supervision roles
A good place for college grads seeking experience
Great work place
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
Was a fun and friendly environment, coworkers were great and very helpful. Requires aot of multitasking and paying attention to specific details. They train as well which makes it easier for employees who had little or no experience
This is a first-class company and the people reflect that
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 28, 2018
I really enjoyed my short contract assignment at Covance. My manager was really good. I felt fully supported and really enjoyed meeting co-workers and getting to know them.
Pros
Greet positive atmosphere, good people
Cons
Contractors sit in small carels, in groups of 6 in a large cubicle
Review
Sr. Systems Engineer (Unix\Linux) (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 28, 2018
Typical day is challenging.
Learn something new everyday.
Management, currently not so good.
Workplace culture is average.
Hardest part of job, management.
Most enjoyable, some good and dependable coworkers.
unhappy
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2018
I worked with 4 different people to train me to do a job then i got the job to where i only had 1 or 2 mistakes the i get a new person and i have multi-able mistakes when i explain to the new lead i was never asked to do this before she said well this is the way i do it really rude then tells the head supervisor I was argumentative but I was just trying to get an clear understanding

Want to know more about Covance?

Ask a question
Posionous culture
Sr. Team Manager, Global Project Management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2018
If you want to work like a slave for base compensation, have no time for family, and have your results rideculed, Covance is for you! This is the worst place I've ever worked and the management is truly horrible. Seriously, don't work here.
Great variation in daily work
Lead negotiations for all assigned Agreements (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 21, 2018
Depending on the day, duties varied. IRB approval was critical to reassignment of priorities. Enjoyed clinical trial contract as it served patients with limited options.
Pros
work from home options built in
Cons
long days
Research
Clinical Research Nurse, Screening Department (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704October 19, 2018
I worked with a group of people in the screening department. The entire department seemed to be depressed. They did not treat with respect the volunteers coming in to be screened for different pharmaceutical research studies. Also there was a lot of people who had been there a long time and had their favorites so the area continued to be a gloomy place to go to work each day.
Covance
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2018
This place is a nightmare to work for. They have really small pick nick tables to work from for all employees. Management is at its worst no real team work at all they do not care about their employees the attendance policy is
Pros
Big Office
Cons
No room for Growth
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 16, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company as an intern and then my first job after college. It offered great pay and benefits to someone just starting in the workforce. I enjoyed my job and was able to move within the company to grow amd learn new and different roles within the company.
Productivity
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 15, 2018
Fast past work environment, must have customer service background, most of people are friendly co workers, must May attention to details, and have good work but no overtime
Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 14, 2018
Flexible work schedule. Solid compensation. Growth opportunities.
The company has undergone major changes since being purchased by LabCorp. Leadership is now in NC.
Fun until mid-2006
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Covance until mid-2006 when a new VP came on board. This person had no interest in working with anyone that had been a part of the company for a long period of time and opted to lay me off in early 2008.
Pros
Good place to learn a new industry
Cons
Poor Management
Management Needs Replaced
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2018
All I have to say is management is horrible in the San Diego site. There and Managers and Supervisors that are not approachable, play favorites, and don't know how to do their job. The promotion process needs to be changed. It's very obvious that a lot of the promotions are based on favoritism and politics. Promotions should be based on your actual performance and a Supervisor should not be able to tell you 'yes' or 'no' to proceeding with an interview. If you are not on a written warning, you should be able to interview. These interviews should be completed by a 3rd party recruiting company who determines the best candidate. From my experience, the turnover rate is tremendous and a lot of people leave due to the reasons explained above. Something has to change Covance!
Pros
free gym, cafe downstairs, PTO days
Challenges Abound
CLINICAL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2018
There are many challenges abound within the Covance work environment. Mainly the staffing, training, & retention of staff members which has a direct effect on the management & performance of the clinical trials. In past few months there has been a positive shift on the evaluation & implementation of those particular areas, which is a positive harbinger for the near future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight