Covenant Care Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
It was a great place work, just a long distance to drive!
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 3, 2018
Coworkers were great! Teamwork was a plus! Just had to drive long distances to patients homes! Sometimes you would have to work long hours! Sometimes you would have to start at 5 in the morning!
Pros
Teamwork!!
Cons
Long distances to drive
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAJuly 19, 2018
Working at Covenant Care was one of my favorite jobs. I loved working at Covenant Care but I got pregnant and was unable to continue working there due to the responsibilities I had which included lifting residents weighing 275 pounds or more because we didn't have the lifts.
Worst place i have ever worked!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 10, 2018
I worked there for almost a year and I can say out of the 7 years I have been a CNA and a it has been the worst place I have ever worked at. Unless your one of the bosses favorites you mean nothing to that company ,they use you and then once they're fully staffed forget what they want they will so toss you out. Management is very unprofessional they have no communication whatsoever. It is sad when even the residents know how lazy the staff is and how management is. I would never recommend a family member of friend or anyone to put their loved ones there or even work there. It's like high school all over again , Don't waste your time .
Covenant care
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOJune 25, 2018
Covenant Care is a poorly ran business. That is not well organized, does not treat their employees well, and over works their staff because of not being able to keep workers.
Pros
It is a job regardless and pays the bills.
Cons
No promotion opportunities, not steady hours, poorly organized
June 27, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear about your anything but positive experience, but we benefit from learning more about your concerns. If you’re willing, we’d like the opportunity to discuss this further. Please give us a call at 1-844-458-2381.

deceiving bonus contracts
Department Head (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2018
The CEO and or executives at Covenant care are a disgrace and shameful for taking away earned yearly contractual employee bonuses without notice at the last minute, citing a "discretionary clause." Employee's worked hard for all of 2017 to earn their yearly contractual bonus and achieved the necessary numbers and performance grades that made them eligible for the bonus per the contract.

Unfortunately, this will have a very poor effect and impact on employee's future morale and work attitude. future performance and numbers will inevitably suffer.
Pros
not many
Cons
too many
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly reviewing our compensation programs to ensure our hard-working employees are being properly rewarded. We appreciate and value our employee's dedication to providing quality care to our patients.

na
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJune 12, 2018
It was unfair. They made one worker feel more then her position. They also was not understanding when it come to personal things. On m first day they told my manger, i was not going to last at that job. That she was wasting her time with me. I was there far a year, it would have been longer but i moved to Texas.
Pros
Nice clints
Cons
Mangerment was not on the same page.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Your feedback is very important to us and would like to learn more about your experience. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-2381.

SNiFs mostly are the same. How much does management care?
RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 10, 2018
I have enjoyed my employment here. The residents, company support and local leadership is what really matters working in a SNiF! Here, you are treated very fairly! Benefits are very solid but higher premiums are everywhere these days. I enjoy the daily challenge of my job...it’s why I chose to work in healthcare. But here you have got to be ready to work...that’s why you get paid! If you want a cush job, go watch grass grow! Residents and their families want employees who want to be there. They all deserve that! They have 2 vans to accommodate a busy transportation schedule. My only piece of advice is to give this place a chance. They nurses and aids try to make a deference here. They are striving to reach 4 stars!! There are 5 stars in Omaha but I do not mix well with the pearls at lunch and dinner type. I am happy here.
Pros
Satisfying and meaningful work
Cons
Outside renovation needs to happen sooner
June 12, 2018

What a wonderful story. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience and enjoy your position. Thank you for sharing.

Great Place to work
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 25, 2018
It is true that a bad day at Covenant is better than a good day somewhere else. I would recommend Covenant Care to anyone who is desiring a job and will always return there
May 30, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. We take pride in providing high quality care!

Terrible turn over, over worked staff, severely short staffed
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHMay 15, 2018
Care more about the residents and staff. Earn respect instead of sitting behind a desk. Do whatever it takes to hire adequate staff . Do treat one hall better then the whole rest of the building
Pros
Decent pay finally after getting raises
Cons
Insufficient staff, poor morale, poor leadership, no respect
Fun work environment and good management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 15, 2018
I would really recommend JSNC to employees. Pay is great, management treats you well as long as you are a worker. if you want to sit around and do nothing I don’t suggest this place to you. The staff are very friendly and will listen to any complaints you have and try to make it right. Benefits are great. They even offer a back to school loan among other things.
Pros
Happy work environment, friendly staff, great pay
Cons
Amazing place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 26, 2018
On a typical day I clock in at 6:00 AM and start my day with my patients. I learn something new every day, how to communicate with many different patients, how to have patience, how to understand these people who need me the most, and overall I learn how to be a better CNA. Management at covenant care is very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of my job is having patients look at me in their time of need and beg for me to ease their pain. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can bring my patients joy and happiness in their time of need.
April 30, 2018

We are pleased you shared your story with us. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Great Place to Work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 25, 2018
Good news is:
Awesome manager!
Fabulous Team!
Truly good-hearted, kind people work here!
Hard Work, but Worth It!

Bad news is:
401(k) Match is discretionary.
May 1, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We will pass along your kind words to our staff.

Where should I start
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 25, 2018
Certain people are clicky and stick together nothing wrong with that until they gang up on people and make others want to quit. Some people think they have the power to get others in trouble worst than your DON or DSD and have no manners in doing so. Some nurses have their butts covered by management while others get set up for failure
Pros
Can get lots of overtime when available
Cons
Not a lot of team players
May 1, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your frustrations, and we take this feedback seriously. In order to improve our services, we’d like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. If you’re willing, please call 1-844-458-2381.

productive place, flexible hours
Med Tech, PCA (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 22, 2018
Relaxed work, but may be stressful
experienced talking to doctors and pharmacist
learned about medication
administered medication
assist residents with daily needs

Horrible place to work
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INApril 22, 2018
This company needs new management and new directors. Staff is overwork and definitely under paid. Not up with the times. Management is very into their selves but not caring enough about there staff. Blame game is played a lot from management Who is going to be the fall guy this month. Covenant care would benefit to wiping out current management and upper management and getting staff in there that truly cares!!
Pros
Cons
Current management and upper management needs a definate overhaul
May 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We are sorry to hear you had anything but a positive experience, and we’d like to talk more about this. At your convenience, please call 1-844-458-2381.

Good
Regional A/R Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 17, 2018
Company was selling off homes and boss was leaving. I worked long hours for getting receivables reduced and was disappointed when found out of sale. Boss was leaving and still stay in contact with her. The hardest part was traveling and the demand for the reduction in A/R. Most enjoyable part was seeing the progress that was made.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Corporate was not real responsive to bldg needs.

Nightmare Nursing at its finest
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 14, 2018
Listen to all the bad reviews.Nightmare management.No support.Totally not worth the paycheck.If you don't lose your license, you'll lose your patience and sanity.

Physical or Mental?
CNA/LIMA (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOMarch 26, 2018
This is one of the easiest jobs I have ever worked. physically you are there for the clients to help them achieve ADL in their own homes. You walk them thru cooking process, set up their meds, remind them to take a shower or do chores. Some of the clients are absolutely amazing, and the coworkers are welcoming.
Mentally, this job has taking a lot from me. Between what ever happens in your personal life plus the stress of being responsible for yet another life is draining, The call outs and no shows are last minute and sloppy,
It is an awful place to work!!!
Health information manager (Former Employee) –  HuntingtoMarch 22, 2018
Not only was it an awful place to work in every sense of the word!!!! It I would NOT place any family member of mine there!!!!! They do not care about the type of people
They hire and the ethics of the people they hire!!! All they want is a warm body in any position that they are needing to get fill d!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!!
review
RN (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 19, 2018
Very busy and fast paced job. Staff is very good with patients. Many ways to learn new things. Benefits are fair to good. Higher management is always around