Covenant Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hospital Changed When Sold To Covenant Health
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 12, 2018
The climate changed when St. Joseph Hospital was purchased by Covenant Health. Many employee positions have been cut, or positions have been relocated to another city. The option was given to apply for other positions, but at a lower pay rate. Low starting pay for positions with responsibilty. An atmosphere of distrust between employees and upper management.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
Low pay, stressful atmosphere
I am sorry I had to leave
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 16, 2018
I worked a contingent position in Environmental Services(housekeeping)and anyone that claims that St. Joe's hospital isn't clean are liars. Housekeepers bust their butt and are very detailed oriented. Housekeeping is your first line of sanitation. I worked in the ED and the entire staff of CNA's, Med Tech's, RN's, and doctors are all extremely friendly and helpful on any given day. I really enjoyed working at St. Joe's and was sorry that I had to leave.
Pros
Friendly, Relaxed, Clean, team oriented
Cons
Lunchroom food is a bit pricey
Amazing work community
Clinical Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 2, 2018
I absolutely love working here. all coworkers are friendly, management is usually attentive to their employees, and the facility is maintained and well-kept. I would highly recommend St. Joseph Healthcare.
Excellent company to work for
Employee Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 1, 2018
Covenant Health (St. Joseph's, Bangor; St. Mary's, Lewiston; St. Joseph's, Nashua) is a fantastic company to work for. It's a company that truly believes in it's mission and values and it shows in the employees who work there. It is a very kind and caring organization and the staff are generally very happy on a daily basis. The clinical staff are collaborative and supportive of each other. It is the best company to work for in the state of Maine.
Pros
Work Environment;
Cons
Supportive and Rewarding Environment (locally)
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 4, 2018
The CEO at SJH is an exceptional leader and she is very well liked. The culture locally is very strong. St. Joseph Healthcare is a great place to work, with a very strong reputation in the community. Employees and community members always have very positive things to say about SJH and the CEO.

One concern: Leadership and experience at the corporate level seems to be lacking.
Pros
Wonderful place to work, strong leadership locally, great team.
Cons
Corporate team - not strong, not well informed, and not particularly mission focused.
Great team work atmosphere
HIMS employee (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 1, 2017
There have been many changes and improvements at St. Mary's hospital. I would recommend to anyone interested in this position to apply. This job in particular needs someone who has a great attention to detail and patterns and has a strong ability to work well with others. This person would also need a strong ability to communicate effectively with Physicians in a calm and positive way. There is a possibility to work from home on occasion (discuss with hiring manager) and have a fairly independent schedule (discuss with hiring manager). You will enjoy a small team of co-workers who are there to discuss ideas, concerns, coding/auditing questions and policies. There is daily communication with the management team from Coding/compliance/risk, revenue cycle and respective auditors across covenant hospitals. This is a very cohesive team all working towards a common goal.
Pros
Team work, positive environment, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
I have no cons
Cut backs happening
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 30, 2017
They are cutting staff radically and nobody id safe. I saw people with 20 years experience losing their jobs. Very low morale. I liked th epopel I worked with, though
Pros
Great coworkiers
Cons
Poor management
Fantastic Company to Work For
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 16, 2017
Covenant Health is definitely a company that cares about its employees and their patients. Their mission and values really show in the way they conduct business.
Pros
Caring environment, wonderful nursing team, great docs, fantastic support staff
Great Place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 24, 2017
Very mission driven, great place to work, they keep going thru reorganization, the nursing staff is amazing and always going the extra mile for its patients and families.
Prodcutive work place, mission driven
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 22, 2017
Mission of St. Joseph Healthcare is aligned with my personal values, patient driven atmosphere with safety coming first. Providers care about their patients.
Cons
1:1 sitter is a demanding job and skill driven
Big goals, but no plans
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 21, 2016
This company starts off right with having a great mission and values; their intentions are good, but they do not have the management team in place to get to where they want to be. Unless you are looking for a major challenge, you will not want to work here.