Covenant Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hospital Changed When Sold To Covenant Health
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 12, 2018
The climate changed when St. Joseph Hospital was purchased by Covenant Health. Many employee positions have been cut, or positions have been relocated to another city. The option was given to apply for other positions, but at a lower pay rate. Low starting pay for positions with responsibilty. An atmosphere of distrust between employees and upper management.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
Low pay, stressful atmosphere
I am sorry I had to leave
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 16, 2018
I worked a contingent position in Environmental Services(housekeeping)and anyone that claims that St. Joe's hospital isn't clean are liars. Housekeepers bust their butt and are very detailed oriented. Housekeeping is your first line of sanitation. I worked in the ED and the entire staff of CNA's, Med Tech's, RN's, and doctors are all extremely friendly and helpful on any given day. I really enjoyed working at St. Joe's and was sorry that I had to leave.
Pros
Friendly, Relaxed, Clean, team oriented
Cons
Lunchroom food is a bit pricey
Amazing work community
Clinical Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 2, 2018
I absolutely love working here. all coworkers are friendly, management is usually attentive to their employees, and the facility is maintained and well-kept. I would highly recommend St. Joseph Healthcare.
Covenant Health
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  TNApril 12, 2018
Loved working for Covenant Health. Wonderful work environment. Wonderful co-workers and benefits. The patients and families that you interact with on a daily basis were quite amazing too.
Great place to work.
Registered Neurodiagnostics Technologist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2018
fast pace, great work environment, family oriented, faith based hospital, truly values there employees, the benefits are wonderful. flexible schedules
Excellent company to work for
Employee Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 1, 2018
Covenant Health (St. Joseph's, Bangor; St. Mary's, Lewiston; St. Joseph's, Nashua) is a fantastic company to work for. It's a company that truly believes in it's mission and values and it shows in the employees who work there. It is a very kind and caring organization and the staff are generally very happy on a daily basis. The clinical staff are collaborative and supportive of each other. It is the best company to work for in the state of Maine.
Pros
Work Environment;
Cons
Great experience, great teams, but management does not appreciate hard work.
IT Resource & Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 17, 2018
A lot of great experience in the health field. Most people work really hard. Convenient location and easy access to all facilities. Met a lot nice professional people.
Supportive and Rewarding Environment (locally)
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 4, 2018
The CEO at SJH is an exceptional leader and she is very well liked. The culture locally is very strong. St. Joseph Healthcare is a great place to work, with a very strong reputation in the community. Employees and community members always have very positive things to say about SJH and the CEO.

One concern: Leadership and experience at the corporate level seems to be lacking.
Pros
Wonderful place to work, strong leadership locally, great team.
Cons
Corporate team - not strong, not well informed, and not particularly mission focused.
very fast paced and stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 16, 2017
This is the same as the information I provided earlier for Mercy Healthcare St. Joseph. Most enjoyable part of job taking care of my patients and knowing I made a difference to them.
Pros
Knowing I made a difference to someone
Cons
very stressful, fast pace, feel loose track of all the patients have in one night depending on wha'ts going on
This was a temp job through AppleOne
Data Entry Analyst - Temp (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 4, 2017
Worked as data entry analyst to fix and make the transactions smoother. Since i did not have full knowledge of programming. There was another temp contract individual working with me. Directed what was required along with blueprints. Worked there for short time, once individual corrected issues, made the programming quicker. I was released.
Pros
Lunches with the team
Cons
Short time temp job
Travel assignment - management changed and things were getting better at the end.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 6, 2017
Home Care patients driving for 45 minutes to one patient at times. If you are having a bad time at work so is everyone else. Management sent out surveys and became aware of issues and did begin to correct the poor software and the supervisors. Lack of support in the office but management changed just prior to my leaving and things were getting better. The most enjoyable part of the day was driving in Napa Valley and team meetings where all the staff comes together to discuss how to better serve our patients.
Pros
Good clinical supervisor at the end of assignment
Cons
Documentation software
Great Place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 24, 2017
Very mission driven, great place to work, they keep going thru reorganization, the nursing staff is amazing and always going the extra mile for its patients and families.
Did not care for the management
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIAugust 16, 2017
Would never want to work there. Would not recommend anyone who is career mind to apply there. Not a place to work if you are looking to advance with a company.
Prodcutive work place, mission driven
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 22, 2017
Mission of St. Joseph Healthcare is aligned with my personal values, patient driven atmosphere with safety coming first. Providers care about their patients.
Cons
1:1 sitter is a demanding job and skill driven
Busy overfilled space call center
Regional Contact Center Scheduling Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph HealthcareJanuary 4, 2017
Sadly, low paying and not much room for growth,
Good co workers
Fast and heavy call volume center
******* ****** ***** *****
****** ****** ***** ***** *****
Pros
Being part of st joseph heritage
Cons
Management poor
Our new location in Anaheim with pool table, ping pong tables a gym
Ambulatory Care Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 5, 2016
I have worked for St Joseph heritage for about 3 years, I have had the pleasure to work besides some amazing co workers including management. They have become family and fun I will truly miss them.
ok place to work ..not too bad ,,at least before Lovelace bought it.
Transcription Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 30, 2016
not a bad place to work at ,, till Lovelace bought it.. Was a very quiet place to work ,, my bosses were great,, always kind... but I quit to move on ,,once Lovelace bought the place
Pros
great supervisors..
Cons
paid not very good, 10 cent raise.
Nice place to work.
Utilization Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 9, 2015
The organization is growing and lots of opportunity for growth. The building I happen to work in is brand new very nice and secure place.
Pros
Gym & quiet rooms onsite along with a nice lounge area to eat in or outside the building.
Cons
They lack a little in training and communication at times.
Do Not Use LPN'S anymore
Float LPN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 6, 2015
Such a shame that they dont use LPN's anymore on the units. Was a great placer to work considering pay and benefits but main location was very race descrimitoryl
Pros
nice team environment
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Great Place to work
CAT Scan Technician (Former Employee) –  KSOctober 3, 2013
I learned so much here. I loved being in the O.R. , E.R. , Cat Lab, Interventional Radiology etc. and I loved working with the people.
Pros
Learned a great deal
Cons
benefits not so great