Covenant Living Communities and Services logo
Covenant Living Communities and Services
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100Average

Covenant Living Communities and Services Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

This is a great place to work

Featured review

Covenant Living Communities and Services selected this as a representative review
I love working here...Everyone including the Residents are so nice and welcoming...they treat me like family. All Housekeepers get their own designated areas which I think is great.

September 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing a review for Covenant Living of Cromwell! We are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at our community. We agree that everyone is nice and welcoming and that team members are treated like family. Thank you for serving on our team!

Co-workers

Your co-workers are the backbone of the company we depend on each other to get the job done and make sure that the residents are safe management for the cnas don't care as long as you get the job done we are never thanked for anything very seldom do we get a hello in passing

Pros

Bonus from the residents at Christmas

Cons

Poor communication with some nurses

June 11, 2021
Hi there! We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed your fellow coworkers at Covenant Living of Northbrook. If there is anything we can do to make your experience even better, please reach out to Human Resources at 877-467-1274.

Good place to work, bad management

The work environment is great along with the residents. Good job for someone in High School until we become severely understaffed. Poor management, never have their things together.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

management

Good place, nice people

Good place to work. Great work/ life balance. Residents are very nice. Always have products and equipment to get your job done. High pay and benefits package

An okay place to work at

It's an okay place to work at but if you are looking for a place for an advancement in your career, look elsewhereManagement could be better in terms of leading a team, they can be very indecisive As far as the job culture and work environment, it definitely needs work. Leadership has to be better in order for the work environment to improve. PROS - the food is decent I guessCONS - indecisive management, overwhelmed and understaffed, patient-staff ratio

May 12, 2021
We are sorry that you feel this way about our community. Please know that your feedback is valued and will be shared with on-campus leadership. Please reach out to Human Resources at 877-364-0969 or Executive Director Shelly Smith at ssmith05@covliving.org at your earliest convenience to talk further about your concerns offline.

May 17, 2021
Please also contact Shelly Smith by phone number 630-510-5550 at your earliest convenience to talk further about your concerns offline.

Great people to work with, busy and fast paced

Loved working with great staff and management. Residents were great to take care of, sometimes can be difficult. Staff was supportive. Fast paced and busy.

Cons

Fast paced, sometimes short staffed

May 7, 2021
We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the employee experience at Covenant Living of Colorado. If there is anything we can do to make your experience even better, please reach out to Human Resources.

Competitive pay & benefits but care for staff often outweighed by company’s one-sided culture and bottom line

Great place to work to make a positive impact and lasting difference for the residents served; multiple educational in-services and trainings offered throughout the year; great medical benefits available at competitive rates; direct employee support has diminished over the past few years evidenced by poor leadership follow-thru and accountability resulting in unfair and unbalanced work loads; conditional and inconsistent support from upper management.

Pros

Competitive wages and quality medical benefits

Cons

Inconsistent work/life balance depending on department/role, lackluster campus support from corporate management, inadequate care and concern for healthcare workers

Good employer

Good employer. Good benefits. Helping others is central which is very good. Good management. Employees should appreciate the opportunity to work with seniors.

Poor management and lack of care for residents

They will not keep you around if you actually do your job. There is so much gossiping that goes on here you will feel like your back in highschool. Also co-workers who have been there longer than you are always in competition with you especially if they here the residents give you complements its very sad.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Poor Management and gossiping.

March 22, 2021
We are sorry to hear your thoughts on management - please know that your feedback is valued and will be shared with on-campus leadership. At our community, all of our staff members are a valued part of our team - we are sorry if you felt differently. Please reach out to Human Resources at 877-450-1624 at your earliest convenience to talk further about your concerns offline.

One of my favorite workplaces

I worked here just short of 9 years and loved every moment of it. I worked in several positions throughout my time, and each time I moved onto another position I felt even more of a sense of purpose. After a while, it feels like a second home and the people become family whether they're staff members, residents, or even family members. I very much recommend working here, I would even consider going back myself.

March 8, 2021
Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the employee experience at Covenant Living of Cromwell. If there is anything we can do to make your experience even better, please reach out to Human Resources at 877-330-1022.

Jobs at Covenant Living Communities and Services

See more jobs

Really enjoyed my residents and staff. Always laughing and having fun

I couldn't ask for a better job to work. That was by far, the most home felt facility I had ever worked. The staff were nice and the teamwork was excellent. I learned a lot about collaboration and communication with staff and the meaning of maintaining a certain moral within the company

March 3, 2021
We are so glad that you are happy with your experience! We appreciate your review and will be sharing your positive feedback with campus leadership.

Decent

Decent place to work. Enough to do. Etc. nice people. Rewarding and fulfilling working with the elderly. There’s issues but nothing to be afraid of. It’s not bad

March 3, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review the employee experience at Covenant Living of Northbrook. Please know that your feedback is valued and will be shared with on-campus leadership. If there is anything we can do to make your experience even better, please reach out to Human Resources at 877-467-1274.

No growth

In many positions there is nowhere to grow. In the roles that do have opportunity, the managers are either untrained themselves or too biased to grow current employees.

February 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We’re sorry to hear you feel this way about the employee experience at Covenant Living of Cromwell and would like to learn more. Please reach out to Human Resources at 877-330-1022 to discuss your experience offline.

Great connection to mission and purpose

You feel connected to the mission and purpose of the organization and see the impact your work has on people's lives. Good benefits and work environment.

Pros

Good manager, good benefits, fair pay, mission based organization

February 5, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience at Covenant Living. We agree that our organization is a great place to work and appreciate your thoughts!

Stressful environment and lazy coworkers

I got a few brief breaks during the shift, but they were not very long, and there was always the threat of a manager walking into the room and literally telling you to "get back to work" (like in the movies). Speaking of managers, there were many of them, and they didn't coordinate with each other very well. Occasionally, one manager would tell you to do something and then another manager would stop you while you were doing that thing, ask you what you were doing, and tell you to do something else. This is probably why none of my coworkers were interested in doing anything unless someone specifically told them to do it. There was little teamwork, and people would rather stand around than help out so we could get out early. I ended up leaving because it was very difficult to get time off, and the rules were unclear. Every time I requested time off, I ended up requesting too late (even though I made the deadline in my contract and the schedule wasn't made up yet) and they were petty enough to purposefully put me on the schedule for the days I requested off just to send me a message. Not fun to deal with! They also had me working more hours each week than my contract said, and they repeatedly ignored my requests to decrease my hours.

Pros

easy enough to get hired, hired people entering/reentering workforce

Cons

Too many managers, Morale was low in the kitchen, Coworkers were not team players.

February 3, 2021
We appreciate your thoughts but are sorry that you feel this way about the employee experience at Covenant Living of Cromwell. Please reach out to Human Resources at 877-330-1022 to talk more about your experience offline.

February 1, 2021

Great Facility and Residents/Administrative Staff Very RUDE!

Don't waste your time interviewing for a job with this company. They string you along, interview you 3 times, then don't even bother to return your calls, letting you know if you got the job or not! Very rude of administrative staff not to respond to voicemail messages left. A simple email, text, call or letter would have been nice! If this is how they treat potential new employees, imagine how they will treat you if you work there. I hope they treat the residents better! Don't bother!

Pros

Residents

Cons

Administration Staff are thoughtless

January 19, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the work experience at Covenant Living. We are sorry you feel this way about employee life at our organization. We highly encourage you to reach out to Human Resources at 877-450-1624 to talk further about your experience offline.

First CNA job

This is my first CNA job and I definitely recommend this company for any entry level CNAs. Management is very supportive and I love all my coworkers.

December 7, 2020
We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the employee experience at Covenant Living of Colorado. If there is anything we can do to make your experience even better, please reach out to Human Resources at 877-236-1210.

My Best Experience

Management continues to encourage, support and acknowledge their teams. They appreciate us for going out of their way to create the best experience in every interaction, making a residents day better, and going above and beyond. We receive and use reward cards to order items we want or need, at no cost to us! Whether it be for myself or as a gift for someone else. Seeing the residents love and how close they are to the staff brings joy to me.

Pros

Team efforts are rewarded to employees for going above and beyond! Our job, every shift - every day - is going above and beyond, to create the best experience in our residents lives.

Cons

We become close to residents and then lose them to death, Our hearts are saddened yet glad to know they had faith and believed, We rejoice in their happiness now.

November 19, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Covenant Living of the Great Lakes. Thank you for serving on our team with us!

A Job With Purpose!

I have had the pleasure of working with Covenant Living for several years and every day find purpose coming to work. I am supported by my co-workers and my leaders to achieve growth and to make our community the best for residents, employees and all that visit. I am thankful for the safety and security that has been given to all of us during the recent pandemic and I honestly feel that next to my home, my job is the safest place I can be! I can't wait to spend the next years as an employee of Covenant Living, it's a great organization!

Pros

work life balance, security, safety, purpose

November 19, 2020
Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate our employees who make a difference in the lives of our residents - thank you for sharing your feedback!

Unknown additional duties. Social Worker is also the Medical Records person.

The 'we all pitch in" attitude in HC sounds great until you realize a large part of the SW position is not SW. The additional responsibilities are not listed on the job description or fully explained, just glossed over after hire. Many tasks are not logically assigned and staffing is short. Sadly, all the unrelated busy work and redundant tracking programs take time away from building quality supportive relationships with residents and families. The lack of organization effects all positions and communication. Very dedicated staff, yet the negative work environment is out of their control. Asking for guidance when needed from leadership on balancing additional responsibilities is not appreciated. So much could be done to build the SS program, unfortunately logistically there simply are not enough hours in the day.

November 18, 2020
We would really like to hear more about your experience here. If you would be so kind, you could really help us to understand where and how we can improve in our overall operations. Would you please reach out to our Human Resources Office at 877-305-2843 and share more about not only your experiences here, but even more so, your ideas for improvement. We can assure you that we will handle your input on a confidential basis. Please help us to improve by contacting us today. Thank You!

The Best Company Ever!

From my first day, I was welcomed warmly as part of an amazing team. The Residents are delightful and I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful community.

Pros

Positive work environment, Clear goals and objectives, Lots of fun and happy people!

Cons

None!

November 6, 2020
We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for serving on our team with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Living Communities and Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Covenant Living Communities and Services with