Covenant Security Services Employee Reviews

Company Was Bought out
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
the company was bought out by a competitor we were advised that the company was bought and in may will be our last day working here for covenant we are trying to figure out what our next steps are.
good low stress with over time available
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2018
Good Company to work for. Good supervisor . very relaxed job. Work location is close to where I live. Able to be flexible work my work hours. Would recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
over time
Cons
Low pay
Good job while going to school
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 11, 2018
Decent job, easy, no advancement opportunities. no management. At the mercy of the client who holds the contract, good job to get you through school .......
Pros
easy work
Cons
sometimes long hours, boring
Best for a retiree or student,
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 6, 2018
You cannot live on the wages that they pay. Was lied to about a raise that never happened across the board for all security personnel. 12 hour shifts alternating 3 on 4 off, which is the best part of the job as I get some decent time with my children.

Benefits are a joke as you make so little, you cannot afford to invest in the 401k offered.

Covenant was just got bought out by Allied Universal. I thought Covenant was bad.... I hear they are even worse.. Did not think that was possible.
Pros
7 days off in 2 week period..
Cons
Horribly low pay, Upper managment does not care about its employees.
Floater Pay O.K.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 26, 2018
I was properly compensated however, management was mediocre and liked to over schedule me. I worked 50 hours on average a week. The benefits I was promised were revoked due to a loss of contract. I was not told about this until later. They also revoked my vacation and sick time. Not due to anything I had done but because they switched me from full time to on-call without telling me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours
Good place and people to work for
Security Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 23, 2018
It is a fast paced environment. I learned so much under the leadership of our account manager. He was very attentive to the sites needs. I dealt with the employees of the clients on a daily bases, making badges, terminating them, patrolling the parking lot selling glasses, reviewing camera footage, running turnstile reports, answering emails and phone calls.
Pros
the employees here
Cons
the lack of pay all i do is bittersweet
A typical day
Security site manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Working monitoring cameras monitoring gate and access control of the building, Keeping up with payroll and schedules for employees monitoring any signs of breeches
Cons
n/a
Overall OK
Site Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Overall OK enjoyed the training opportunity that was offered for management and employees. Would say they can choose their clients more carefully so they have a better client cooperation and not clients that stay stuck in their ways without looking at change to improve security capabilities and work environment.
great company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Great company to work for, great work/life balance. Great supervisors and co workers. Would definitely recommend as a place to work. Benefits and wages are spot on.
site supervisors were rude
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2018
the people who ran this job were incompetent they ran there mouths about stuff they looked into getting people fired for no reason and they put you into dangerous situations, there was no working together especially at night in an unsafe part of town, and if you were caught working, or even walking side by side with another employee you were fired on the spot or so I was told
Pros
nothing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Wonderful place to get administration and HR experience. Awesome co workers. Corporate office is very involved. This job and really good benefits and very good pay rates.
Pros
Networking
Cons
no off time
Like to help people
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 23, 2018
I like to help people, and that's what the job was about. However the pay was not that great and you would put a lot of miles and wear and tear on your car.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
The pay was not good.
Very relaxed and enjoyable workplace but also gets exciting and busy at a moments notice.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Covenant Security for W.L. Gore and Associates is one of the best companies to be a contact security guard for. They treat us very well, pay us above average and try to get everyone a fair try at advancement.,
About the Covenant
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Overall a good security company to work for. Data input for when the trucks arrived and departed was a normal job function. Officers must perform hourly routines throughout shift.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
needed more pay
used to be a good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 19, 2017
when I started it was ok to work here but over the years things have changed management changed. very high turnover no real benefits. PTO is all you get 40 hours for 1 year. a lot of overtime per year
great potiental to make money!
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 28, 2017
Great Job for someone who does not have small children and can be gone at a moments notice and likes driving. there is great opportunity to make a lot of money and the staff and people you meet are great.
Pros
great potiental to make money
Cons
stressful on family life
The Worst Place I Have Worked
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 16, 2017
Poor management. High school attitude among supervisors. They will cover up problems between the client and security officers. Gutless. Management will always take the client's side, they won't have their employees back.The worst place I have ever worked...hands down.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No chance for advancement or a pay raise
Providing counseling and education to adults and children.
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 16, 2017
Most days were spent meeting with people in their homes or at DHR. It was stressful and I felt pressured at times to get all the clients seen in a timely manner. I did enjoy helping others. The workplace was almost ideal. I say that because most of my work was done in the field and not at the office. The hardest part of the job was dealing with separated families (especially with the children in foster care). The enjoyable part was being able to testify in court and helping people recover from substance abuse and get their children back. I was able to hone my skills such as listening and empathy.
Pros
Ability to help others
Cons
Too much driving
Eh it was short lived
EMT/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2017
I was only employed for approximately 4 weeks, I didn't really get a chance to experience much. If you want to be a security officer I would recommend this company.
Local Manager hasn't a clue
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXNovember 10, 2017
New management hasn't a clue. Appointed unqualified butt kisser lieutenant on schedules and not only does it change every single day, but several times per day causing confusion to the point shifts are missed. Client personnel are fantastic to work with and for, but the total incompetence by above mentioned lieutenant at this location is causing undue tension among the employees.
Pros
Checks don't bounce
Cons
Low pay. EXPENSIVE benefits. Poor leadership. Bad communication.