Covenant Security Services Employee Reviews

Great to Serve
Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2018
Excellent opportunity to serve those in need. Very time demanding as a general rule and not intended as a way to make money so it definitely strains the budget
I liked working for Covenant
Security Officer IV (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TXJune 23, 2018
I like my job just tired of working at nights/ weekends. I want to l find me something a lot closer to my house due to the price of gas steady rising.
Pros
We had PTO and paid holidays
Cons
I don't like the way the pay period ends every Thurs @ midnight
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastJune 14, 2018
By far the best security company to work for. Helpful and knowledgeable management. Training that surpasses most of the industry. The benefits are good as well.
Productive, hardworking diverse workplsce
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2018
My typical day as a security officer consists of greeting clients and their visitors, as well as safe guarding them along with their assets from compromise that may threaten well being. I secure the premises of the Chicago Tribune Tower through timed visual internal and external inspections that are foot patrolled. In addition, if I am working the lobby, I maintain access control through the use of identification verification from clients and with the aid of security cameras. Customer service is of a must, while at the same time, I go above and beyond to satisfy the clients needs; it builds positive relations between employee/clients which is the most enjoyable aspect of my job. I have a great management team. If I have a issue that needs to be addressed, it is corrected in a heartbeat. Work place culture is pretty diverse and everyone works together as a team to make sure client needs are being met.
;

;
Pros
Chance for advances, bonuses
Cons
Nothing great company to work for
Fun Place to work
SECURITY RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
I work at the reception desk an average of 8 hour a day sometime 12hours, The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people, being able to help solve people need and questions was very fulfilling.
Pros
I have a good working schedule
Cons
PTO time off is Short, no sick days off and salary increase would have been good
Condition are good
Level II Officer (Current Employee) –  Everman, TXMay 11, 2018
Most fellow workers are good and the management is mostly reasonable and good to work with. The day is reasonably steady
patrolling and signing people in and out.
Pros
low danger level
Cons
eating conditions are poor
Productive and very communicative job.
Security/Badge Screener (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work would be a 2 1/2 hour split shift which means 5 hours a day. Except for Wednesday when I would work overnight as well. Friendly environment for customers flying out. Training done every month to go over usual day to day responsibilities. Hardest part of the job would be that there are pretty much no extra hours for you to get if you would like any(part-time). The most enjoyable part to me would be the few weeks we have off to ourselves over Christmas; though it is not a paid vacation.
Pros
Quick shifts, good pay.
Cons
No overtime, part-time, No set time for raises.
Lack of Good Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2018
Management does not take care of employees. Been with Covenant since March 2017 and just got PTO March 2018. A new company just took over February 2018 effective April 2018 AUS Allied Universal and they do not have PTO, grieving, or sick time.
Pros
Overtime
Covenant Security was acquired by Allied Universal Security
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Covenant security is a client responsive, employee centric company which has been acquired by one of the big four national security providers. Unfortunately the bigger companies tend to have less customer service and tend to struggle in providing a quick response to customer needs.
Pros
Covenant is quick/nimble to customer request
Cons
Acquired by a large corporation
Company Was Bought out
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
the company was bought out by a competitor we were advised that the company was bought and in may will be our last day working here for covenant we are trying to figure out what our next steps are.
good low stress with over time available
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2018
Good Company to work for. Good supervisor . very relaxed job. Work location is close to where I live. Able to be flexible work my work hours. Would recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
over time
Cons
Low pay
Good job while going to school
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 11, 2018
Decent job, easy, no advancement opportunities. no management. At the mercy of the client who holds the contract, good job to get you through school .......
Pros
easy work
Cons
sometimes long hours, boring
Best for a retiree or student,
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 6, 2018
You cannot live on the wages that they pay. Was lied to about a raise that never happened across the board for all security personnel. 12 hour shifts alternating 3 on 4 off, which is the best part of the job as I get some decent time with my children.

Benefits are a joke as you make so little, you cannot afford to invest in the 401k offered.

Covenant was just got bought out by Allied Universal. I thought Covenant was bad.... I hear they are even worse.. Did not think that was possible.
Pros
7 days off in 2 week period..
Cons
Horribly low pay, Upper managment does not care about its employees.
Floater Pay O.K.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 26, 2018
I was properly compensated however, management was mediocre and liked to over schedule me. I worked 50 hours on average a week. The benefits I was promised were revoked due to a loss of contract. I was not told about this until later. They also revoked my vacation and sick time. Not due to anything I had done but because they switched me from full time to on-call without telling me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours
Good place and people to work for
Security Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 23, 2018
It is a fast paced environment. I learned so much under the leadership of our account manager. He was very attentive to the sites needs. I dealt with the employees of the clients on a daily bases, making badges, terminating them, patrolling the parking lot selling glasses, reviewing camera footage, running turnstile reports, answering emails and phone calls.
Pros
the employees here
Cons
the lack of pay all i do is bittersweet
A typical day
Security site manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Working monitoring cameras monitoring gate and access control of the building, Keeping up with payroll and schedules for employees monitoring any signs of breeches
Cons
n/a
Overall OK
Site Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Overall OK enjoyed the training opportunity that was offered for management and employees. Would say they can choose their clients more carefully so they have a better client cooperation and not clients that stay stuck in their ways without looking at change to improve security capabilities and work environment.
great company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Great company to work for, great work/life balance. Great supervisors and co workers. Would definitely recommend as a place to work. Benefits and wages are spot on.
site supervisors were rude
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2018
the people who ran this job were incompetent they ran there mouths about stuff they looked into getting people fired for no reason and they put you into dangerous situations, there was no working together especially at night in an unsafe part of town, and if you were caught working, or even walking side by side with another employee you were fired on the spot or so I was told
Pros
nothing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Wonderful place to get administration and HR experience. Awesome co workers. Corporate office is very involved. This job and really good benefits and very good pay rates.
Pros
Networking
Cons
no off time