Covenant Village Of Colorado Employee Reviews

Mission-Driven organization
Church and Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 9, 2018
Customer service focused. Mission-driven. Provides great care to their residents. Longevity of parent Company, Covenant Retirement Communities - and its strength really makes the local campus able to function well.
Pros
Faith-based mission
Cons
Sometimes strong people in leadership positions are let go.
Enjoyed my time working here!
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 5, 2018
I am grateful for the chance to work for Covenant Village! I worked in activities and I was given complete creative control over the program which I loved! I loved the residents and I gained great experience! The hardest part of my job was dealing with neglectful employees who were only there for the paycheck, but my concerns were heard by the management and dealt with professionally. I truly enjoyed my time working for this company. If they offered more pay, I would've stayed forever.
Pros
Great hours, caring professional environment, great management
Cons
Low pay
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 22, 2018
Covenant Village was a great place to work. The staff and management were wonderful. Leadership is one of a kind. The hardest part of the job was no one really knew what I was suppose to be doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the residents.
Pros
Great management and staff.
Cons
N/a
Great work environment
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 27, 2017
Excellent organization with outstanding benefits. Great knowledgeable management and non-profit organization. Ongoing training with family first mentality.
Pros
Great benefits
recognition and appreciation is given
Sales Director CCRC (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 27, 2017
The company is highly ethical and I value the opportunity. The corporate team is professional and generous. The company has a ling track record of caring for seniors.
Pros
loyal to employees
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Enjoy it here.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 17, 2017
New management in every department has brought a lot of great changes to the company. They care about their employees, developing them and making sure they enjoy the place they work. Residents are super friendly and sweet and every employee takes the moment to speak with them and ask about their day. Employees have great lunch options there and at a discount. Overall, I enjoy what I do, the people I work with and the benefits.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Work Life Balance
Cons
Difficult to find people to hire
Great Company
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 27, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits, and good pay. I enjoy the people who work here, and the management really care and listen to concerns. I come in and organize my materials and what I have planned for the day. I do morning activities until 12, then I do afternoon activities from 1:30 until 4 p.m. I finish the day with documentation from 4 until 5 p.m. I do all of the planning for the memory care unit, as well the execution of all activities. I also counsel many of the residents and their families.
Pros
Good benefits, raises, bonuses
Cons
Not enough help, short handed greatly
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 10, 2016
Unfortunately management was struggling when I was there. The patient to nurse as well as patient to CNA ratio was way to high.
Pros
patients, co-workers
Cons
too little pay for the work
Enjoyable, challenging, educational, spiritual
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 17, 2016
What a diverse group of people that deserve the very best in nutrition, respect and service. Most days were spent helping the kitchens in the assisted living campus. A fresh set of eyes was really all that was needed. Well run organization.
Very poor management
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 17, 2015
Their is really not a lot of room for advancement at this company. Only expect a 2% raise, if that, per review. Management/supervisors don't care what employees do all day, you could literally sit around in the break room and they wouldn't say anything. Very few employees actually do any work at this facility, no matter what department you're working in. If you ask your supervisor for help-forget it.
Pros
Do whatever you want all day without supervision
Cons
No teamwork or support
It is fun to work with resident and employees
Director of Staff Development (Contract) (Former Employee) –  WEstminster, ColoradoAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed the interaction with the resident. It directs me the purpose developing learning strategy and education so as to deliver quality of care to the resident. On going education is a safety net for the resident as well as the organization.
Fantastic job!
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 11, 2015
My favorite part was the interaction with the residents. It was very fulfilling to have the privilege of helping such a vulnerable class of people: the elderly.
Poor Leadership, Low Compensation
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  westminster, COApril 6, 2015
Expectations for the job are not commensurate with the compensation. Employees are not set up for success and communication is poor across the organization.
Pros
The residents are delightful!
Cons
Management is disorganized, outside marketing firm controls the majority of the sales budget, focus is on outbound call volume vs. appointments, difficult to get qualified leads
fun place. had excersize room and pool
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  COJuly 14, 2014
kept the retirement community clean and well kept. grass mowed and trimmed. leaves raked and picked up.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stayed the night many times for snow removal at 4am
Rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 18, 2012
Was an awesome place to learn to be a CNA overnight. I worked with my coworkers well. Challenging to get EVERYTHING done on time. Most residents were very appreciative and a few thought you lived to serve just them.
Pros
great residents, very thankful.
Cons
went to 7.5 hrs and no reporting off to next shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Village Of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about