Coventry Health Care Employee Reviews

Very Collaborative environment
Compliance Policy Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2018
A typical day included working across departments to complete CMS reporting responsibilities, CTM resolutions and HPMS marketing submissions. The support among coworkers was outstanding.
Ok Company
Provider Inquiry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAApril 18, 2018
not too familiar with the company. left before layoffs, this is was the second buy-out in less than one year. we were training employees from Florida that would be handling jobs after company office closure.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
worked as a team, worked with knowledgable co-workers
Supervisor of Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2018
Typical day was resolving Medicare Part D issues. I was on call 24/7 to my associates should any issues occur. We had hard deadlines which at times would go right down to the minute waiting for an MD to contact us back with information. Very stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping patients resolve their concerns and that my job made a difference.
Pros
Teram Work/\great learning experience
Cons
Very long hours with hard deadlines
Productive work experience
Current Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 3, 2018
Positive work environment . Most enjoyable part of job was making a difference in healthcare movement. I learned how manage caseloads meeting time-frame deadlines.
Pros
Monetary Rewards
Cons
employee lack of longevity
I appreciated the opportunities offered
CS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3900 Rogers Rd San Antonio, TX 778251March 12, 2018
Supervisor for In office, work at home and out of state employees. The company had corporate goals for employee relations and ethics. It offered the opportunity to grow
Pros
close to home
Cons
24-7 enviroment all the time
professional environment
Temporary Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
Working for Coventry was my first experience with a temporary position, I was very pleased with the experience. My trainer was excellent and provided all the information needed to fulfill my duties and provide accurate information to customers.
Pros
excellent leadership and work environment
Cons
My position was only temporary
Great Place to Start
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2018
I started with First Health when I was only 17. I was given an opportunity and environment to learn and grow. Management was supportive in advancing my career.
fun loving environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXMarch 7, 2018
getting our carts ready with tissue, paper towels, soap, an more we fill up our carts with the cleaning chemicals. an you get ready to cleaning every area of the hospital. you learn how to sanitize the right way an make sure you stopping the hospital from collecting more germs. the managers are fun but can be strict at times because this is a serious place of business an with housekeeping u have to stop the germs from coming into the hospital. You learn how to get along with so many people the hardest part of the job is you can be on one side of the hospital but ifs its an emergency on one side they will call you from one side of the building to the next. but the best part to me is you know that you are keeping the building very clean.
A great place to work and team-up with professional, creative people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA then Pittsburgh PAMarch 7, 2018
I greatly enjoyed being a part of the Coventry team. It was a positive, professional place to work. I felt like a valuable part of a productive team.
Pros
Able to transfer from one office to another and back again.
Cons
None come to mind.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2018
good company to work for had lots of fun,lots of overtime,was able to help callers,management was very helpful,learned new things every day.but no place for growth.
Pros
fun place to work at
Cons
no place for growth

Want to know more about Coventry Health Care?

Ask a question
Good work atmosphere
Concurrent Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 24, 2018
Enjoyed coworkers and hours. Learned alot about cancer certifications. Medical Directors explained the reasons for their determinations and helped to educate you on all aspects of pre-certifications
Pros
Spacious cubicles
it was ok
Associate Customer Comm Broker Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Associate Customer Communication Specialist in Broker Services was okay. Alot of layoffs, i liked my coworkers, view airport was nice. pay was okay. training was pretty good. A lot of meetings and a lot of benefits.
Pre - Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to be employed and my co-workers were awesome. Management was good and there was room for advancement. Best work environment and was sad to move away & have to leave this job.
Stressful workplace. Tied down to phones for majority of the day.
Customer Service Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2018
The environment was very micromanaged, once it turned from claims to customer service department. Did not enjoy being constantly monitored, even when reaching all goals.
Pros
close by home, good benefits, 401 offered
Cons
micromanaged, low job security, high turnover rate
I learned a lot
Customer Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Received inbound calls regarding workers compensation medical claims. Processed medical bills according to fee schedule guidelines. I left for a better paying job.
Poised for purchase - first Health
Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Worked for First Health who was bought by Coventry. They slashed the sales department of resources prior to acquisition. Poor communication. No name recognition in the marketplace. NYMetro network discounts very poor which disabled the company in competitive situations with the big insurers.
Crazy, Crazy, and more Crazy
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 28, 2018
The management staff was under educated. This created a competition or jealousy against those workers who were actually qualified for the jobs they held and new employees. There was a lot of nepotism.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
everything
opportunity to advance with great benefits.
Bilingual Integrated Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Loved working here with the team that i was on, my manager at that time was awesome. The people are friendly and you make a lot of new friends. There is opportunity to advance or which to other areas if you want.
Great Company
Open Contractor Enroll HEDIS (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Coventry Health Care! Everyone felt like family. The work was very fast paced but not unmanageable. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes internal politics could get you into trouble. So like any other job, it's best to move as a working unit but leave personal matters where they belong. Management was good... I have no complaints.
Great Job
Preauthorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Merger with Aetna. Loved the job! great training, employees and management. Great opportunity to learn. Busy and faced paced office. Hardest part of the job was the distance.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Driving Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coventry Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.