Covestro Employee Reviews

It was a casual workplace
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Just like any work place it has it's pros and cons. There were some challenges that did help me to grow in my profession. Overall it was a good place to work and would like to come back and work for them again someday.
Pros
casual work enviroment
Cons
management needs work with communication & workflow
Fair days work
Shift Hauler, Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Proctor, WVSeptember 7, 2018
Work Hard and break as needed. Supervisors were nice and helpful. I was always willing to learn new things and it was appreciated. The hardest part was doing primary the same things everyday.
Productive and Eduacational work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 4, 2018
There was an amazing amount of support. The further training felt educational with long term results. Atmosphere was positive and productive. Upper management was encouraging and helpful at all times.
Pros
lunch breaks and management support
Cons
earlier hours and high stress
Pays very well with annual raises.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work, friendly and helpful mangers /supervisors. Great benefits, as and good incentives. Recommended for people who are adaptable and flexible with their hours.
Pros
They pay for you uniform and security license.
Cons
Technically no lunch breaks, but other staff will take over you duties so you can have one.
A new company rising
2nd Plant Manager, HSEQ & Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  MexicoAugust 15, 2018
The same review as Bayer. Great place to grow as an individual, a good manager., they care about your training and you receive a lot of opportunities to develop your management.
Pros
All of it.
Cons
I cant mention any.
Great work environment.
Process Development Chemistry Expert (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 14, 2018
Great work environment.
Beyond your valuable knowledge and experience, we’re looking for people who will fit into our way of working by challenging conventional thinking, developing fresh perspectives and pushing boundaries. In return, you can look forward to the structures, tools and support you need to bring out the best in you. Check out our global Job Portal for current Covestro jobs in your area.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
nothing
Good company
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 31, 2018
Employees hate their jobs.
Employees do not want to apply too much effort into their tasks. Operators would rather be on their cell phones or on the internet.
Pros
Good company
Cons
No enforcement of rules.
Good Place to work
Structural Engineer on Contract (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 17, 2018
Good place to work. Work production integrated environment. Flexible work hours. Good safety standards. Good compensation and benefits. Team work culture.
Senior Structural Engineer on Contract (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 2, 2018
Good place for work
Work continuity was problem. You are busy for short time and then you run out of work.
Lot of coordination needed with other disciplines.
Good benefits like 401k, holidays, vacation, medical, dental, vision etc.
Pros
Work place with good benefits
Cons
Lack of work is concern all the time.
Workplace Culture is Good
Risk and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Covestro is a good place to work with great opportunities for certain types of degrees. They really love to promote Ph.Ds.
The organization is very STEM oriented and is a young company looking for a direction to go.
Pros
Good benefits, good workalike balance
Cons
Highly structured culture, Really love to over process
Not a bad place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Endless overtime chances
Strong emphasis on safety
Pay is competitive
Benefit package is competitive
Management is average
Working conditions can be tough
Very family type atmosphere between all employees.
Instrument & Electrical Process Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Very safety conscious and collaborative team effort in order to accomplish common work goals among cross functional group of employees. Every employee was empowered to stop work when unsafe work conditions were concerned.
Pros
Flexible work hours with every other Friday off from work.
Cons
Low opportunity for advancement into management within my department
Good organization
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 29, 2017
I had a very positive experience with Covestro. They treated me well, I learned a lot, and I had fun. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a career in Pittsburgh.
Good experience
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2017
Gave lots of freedom to schedule yourself and grow as an employee. Immediate hands-on experience, though did not give enough initial guidance sometiems.
a typical day at work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, MASeptember 26, 2017
I would like to come back to Sheffield and help out. I should still be there. I like working there had fun and did my job. 20 years of service. I cant to be back at work with the other co-workers
Opportunity
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVAugust 20, 2017
Covestro is a great employment opportunity. Fair pay and benefits packages as well as opportunities for career advancement. Work experience that provide safe practices and mechanical and life skills.
Excellent company to work for, great opportunity for professional growth.
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 5, 2017
I had the opportunity to work in PME PCT as an intern this past summer. Excellent and stable company to work for. Heavy emphasis on safety everything. I have previous field engineering experience, so this is not my first rodeo. I worked under WG (initials only), very direct individual and gave me access to everything I needed to get whatever I needed done. Appeared to have quite a bit room all sorts of experience under one "roof," including expats. Expect to stay on top of your stuff and everything else falls into place.
Place where you can learn and grow as an engineer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 24, 2017
I had a great management team. I learned a lot and I would love to work their full-time. The pay for interns was great and they give you a stipend as well.
Productive Work Place and Fun People To Be Around
PUR ISO Maintenance SAP Time Entry (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 26, 2017
Productive Work Place and Fun People To Be Around. Quality of learning is great. Flexibility for work and life balance. Wear more than one hat at times. Love the people I work with.
Pros
5 S Productive, Lovely People
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Productive good place to work, but management not concerned or supportive of employees.
Sr Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 19, 2017
Covestro was a good place to work but as management changed over the last two years it became a more difficult place and challenging to work. Current management is not supportive of its employees and is more concerned with productivity and finances than employee concerns and morale.

The changes in the company resulted in lots of employees turn over and loss of critical skills in the workforce.
Pros
Great team work and personnel
Cons
Management lack of concern for its empoyees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covestro. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss