Covestro Employee Reviews

Very family type atmosphere between all employees.
Instrument & Electrical Process Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Very safety conscious and collaborative team effort in order to accomplish common work goals among cross functional group of employees. Every employee was empowered to stop work when unsafe work conditions were concerned.
Pros
Flexible work hours with every other Friday off from work.
Cons
Low opportunity for advancement into management within my department
Good organization
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 29, 2017
I had a very positive experience with Covestro. They treated me well, I learned a lot, and I had fun. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a career in Pittsburgh.
a typical day at work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, MASeptember 26, 2017
I would like to come back to Sheffield and help out. I should still be there. I like working there had fun and did my job. 20 years of service. I cant to be back at work with the other co-workers
Opportunity
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVAugust 20, 2017
Covestro is a great employment opportunity. Fair pay and benefits packages as well as opportunities for career advancement. Work experience that provide safe practices and mechanical and life skills.
Excellent company to work for, great opportunity for professional growth.
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 5, 2017
I had the opportunity to work in PME PCT as an intern this past summer. Excellent and stable company to work for. Heavy emphasis on safety everything. I have previous field engineering experience, so this is not my first rodeo. I worked under WG (initials only), very direct individual and gave me access to everything I needed to get whatever I needed done. Appeared to have quite a bit room all sorts of experience under one "roof," including expats. Expect to stay on top of your stuff and everything else falls into place.
Place where you can learn and grow as an engineer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 24, 2017
I had a great management team. I learned a lot and I would love to work their full-time. The pay for interns was great and they give you a stipend as well.
Lack of Leadership
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 31, 2016
When you start there is not enough direction from management in getting you setup to start work. You really have to find your own way around by asking question from fellow co-workers in finding key information.
Pros
Top Pay
Cons
Lack of communication
Covestro, formerly known as Bayer MaterialScience LLC
Risk and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2016
Covestro is a wonderful place to work. All of the employees are highly motivated and are the reason this new company will be successful.
Contractor
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2016
Even as a contractor, I felt welcomed and have nothing but good things to say. I would have stayed on longer but ended up moving out of state. From what I experienced, Covestro (and previously BMS) has strong values and supports its employees. My ideas were always considered and I never felt like I was "beneath" anybody there.
Pros
Culture of respect and inclusiveness
Great experience and learning but gloomy atmosphere.
Independent Contractor- Application Research (Current Employee) –  PittsburghOctober 19, 2015
The work was wonderful and I loved the research I was undergoing but the overall atmosphere of the employees was more of a gloomy note.
Exciting Place to Work!
Recruiting Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2015
Covestro is an exciting place to work! The management team is focused on making the world a better place and the employees are valued and respected.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Na