Covetrus
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

Covetrus Employee Reviews

United States78 reviews

ptoextremelycommunicationbalancehirestayweekstart

Great PTO and that’s about it

The people that work there were great but the automated daily schedule made your lunch break different every day. Sometimes 6 hours into your shift. Try and assist upset customers while starving.

Take a pass

No work life balance. No desire to invest in the people. Covetrus only cares about the bottom line. Upper management has no clue on what it takes to have a happy workforce.

Covetrus insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Management picks and chooses favorites

When I worked there I was experiencing some medical issues, and had a doctors note to confirm. I still showed up to work most days and was very very good at my job. On the days I had apparent medical issues (and a dcotors notes), and asked to work from home, that was not allowed. However, employees with sick children were allowed to work from home. Which would probably cause more distractions than the fact that I was physically not able to move around too much. The management is trash however most of the team leads were okay. The job itself wasn't too bad, the management and unfair treatment by them, and the expectations were ridiculous. Especially because if you were ever going to ask them for any assistance, you'd find them on their computer ordering food or shopping while all their employees were drowning in calls and emails.

Ask lots of questions

Lower and Middle Management are friendly and supportive but they have rules they must adhere to. Everything you say and do as a remote technician may be watched, followed and sometimes corrected. That's not a bad thing but when there are 2 minutes or less between calls on a busy day, there is no guarantee of the 15 min breaks. Lunch breaks always happen though and you get an hour. Be aware if you have a long call at the end of the day you are expected to stay with it unless you have made prior arrangements. No problem with overtime as long as you are on the phone during that time. You are rated primarily on call metrics, customer service skills are also rated but it feels like quantity is valued more than quality at times. Time off policy seems fair but it needs to be planned well in advance or else it may count as unplanned leave which eventually will work against you. It's not a bad job but if you have previous call center and technical support experience you will not have such a grueling adjustment period as I did. I'm finally getting used to it and enjoy my job but wish I could work a few less hours a week.

Pros

Benefits, Pto, 1 hr lunch, supportive team.

Cons

Short breaks, feel watched all the time, heavy call volume, quantity valued over quality

Majority Rules

Management is a joke. Cliques are the only way to move ahead. All u have to do is call the hotline to get people fired! I was ashamed to be a part of such chaos

Upper management is out of touch

Upper management is wildly out of touch. They expect so much from customer service, but those expectations sound like they're from someone who has never worked customer service a day in their life. Pay is horrible, constantly dealing with tech issues, upper management constantly promises that changes are coming to make things better, and those changes never come.

Pros

Consistent schedule, unlimited PTO, coworkers are fun

Cons

Unrealistic standards that can't be met, constant technical problems that never get fixed, horrible communication

Great mission, not great workplace.

There's a lot of talent at Covetrus, but it's prevented from achieving its potential by poor management, constant change, and a lack of of overall vision and mission. It's a shame. People here really want to make life easier for the animal health professionals we support, but the organization gets in its own way and makes doing that extremely challenging.

Horrible management and low pay

You will not be paid enough to deal with the managers who have all been friends since before they started working for covetrus. The hr team is a joke.

Very Productive and fun

Great team. Great work ethics. Very productive environment. Pay is good. They have medical benefits. Great training process. Coworkers are very helpful and kind.

It’s a good job but …

I worked at two different locations in different states. One location is a work to life balance. The other is not and don’t get paid well. They feed you

Pros

Free lunch on certain days. Work/life balance

Cons

They listen to coworkers complaints but don’t much change.

Good work life balance

Management cares more about customers than employees' well-being. Supervisor doesn't lead by example and does not stand up for employees. Clique-ish culture.

Horrific do not work here

Upper management is a mockery of what leadership is. There is no talent development nor opportunities for advancement. As a member of management your peers are to be as structured, strategic, and inclusive as you are but that is not the case with covetrus. The HR team knowledge and ownership of their responsibilities is infantile at best.

Risk aversion and excessive demands

GOOD: -LGBTQ/Racial/Gender/etc inclusive. Very socially forward company-Management is very reasonable when it comes to using benefits like PTO even if on a short notice-I felt like I was treated with dignity and respect as a person-A few of the products and services we supported did genuinely seem to make a huge difference.-Great group of coworkers who were always willing to help out if you asked them for itBAD:-The work lacks purpose. They design software for convenience. But people will act like its a matter of life or death.-The sales reps or "partners" care more about the product than the customers/practices who actually use it-Some outdated processes are incredibly frustrating and make it difficult to do your job-I felt like management did not really care about innovation or finding more efficient ways to perform work. Very by the book. -I feel like they want you to juggle way too many tasks at once, and then when you mess up inevitably because you're trying to do too much stuff at once, you get in trouble-Onboarding/training program was not the best-At least specific to tech ops, we seemed like the department that every other department dumps their problems onto because we were competent at our job-Corporate higher ups kept wanting to push out all kinds of updates and new services that we clearly would not be able to support when we cant even support the original products

Good Mission But Poor Leadership and Direction

I love working in the pet industry and the company's mission resonates with me. But, unfortunately it feels like leadership is asleep at the wheel. Strategy is unclear and ever changing. The results speak for themselves in the poor performing stock price.

Great Coworkers

This a solid place to work if you enjoy working from home. The pay isn't great, but there is absolute job security for everyone in the engineering department. I also love the people I work with. They are an extremely talented group and are always eager to help and collaborate.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Average pay

Supportive Leaders, Respectful Coworkers

This is a newer company, and with that comes it’s bumps and delays. Even through those you can clearly see the leads and supervisors getting to the bottom of it and communicating out workarounds or how to process while something else is down. They provide live feedback for verbiage on difficult calls, and will always say to pass the call on if it’s too much. Clients are rude and aggressive but as much as they are, the staff and support are 100x better. You have team mates you can vent to, leads to get feedback from, and the training is never “done”. They added a “continuing education trainer” to help with retaining information, retraining after medical or family leave, and just additional support if you feel like you can’t grasp something. All of the training is “see one, do one, teach one” - hands on even though it’s remote. There are job openings for advancement ALL THE TIME! Watching people go from new hire to supervisor within 5 years is an attainable goal. If management isn’t your speed, there’s specialist roles too. Higher ups do put some pressure on, but the supervisor and lead team do a really good job to look at the agents as people and not just another number/call taker. Overall my favorite job ever.

Do not work here.

Senior management here is great but half the managers should not be in those roles. Instead of a encouraging and concern about an issue, you are berated for it. Not an inclusive environment. Certain managers use underhanded hiring methods which makes it impossible to get promoted.

Coworkers, Leads, and direct Supervisors range from Good to Great. Upper Management is awful.

Standard Call Center Work, free 30-45 seconds between calls, calls are usually back to back. Team Leads and Sups are pleasant and often times really helpful. Their managers are completely ineffectual and have no concept of expediency, accountability, or the stress their decisions put on their customer service work force. Customer Service is used as shield so that no one who makes decisions has to be held accountable by the people they are affecting. Team meetings are the same promises of improvement I've heard for 2 years and my job has only gotten harder and more stressful but the pay hasn't increased a dime. There are supposedly yearly reviews where you can get raises but it's more like every 16 months when you account for how much time it takes to review them. There is no incentive to try harder yet they will try to guilt you if you aren't meeting their ever growing expectations. The only positive thing I have to say is that it is an open and welcoming place with plenty of camaraderie and spectacular low level management. Unfortunately that doesn't outweigh the fact that the decision makers act like they've never worked in customer service or even as a service based business in their lives.

Pros

Decent starting wage ($14), great culture, a respectable amount of PTO, & OK health insurance.

Cons

Short Breaks, Terrible Work, Awful Leadership, Daily Abuse by Clients, Powerlessness, and Work Stagnation.

They make you do everything with no pay.

I don't believe you can grow here unless you're a "favorite". You're underpaid and they want you to do everyone's job including your own. I would not recommend working here. The moral and culture is gone and management is a joke here!

Stay away from this company!! They suck the life out of you and treat you like trash! Long hours non-stop work and little pay!!

I don’t recommend anyone to work for this company. STAY AWAY!!!! It is a killer job with little pay, bad benefits. Management doesn't care about you.

Pros

Co workers are friendly and helpful especially if you just started

Cons

Short breaks, timed bathroom breaks, you are yelled at to work faster, you cannot talk while working you have be quiet and be a robot, extremely long hours, no respect from management, favoritism between management and employees, little pay for the amount of hours worked.

The least stressful job I’ve had as an RVT

I have been an RVT for 6 years and this job, although I never work with animals anymore, has been the best thing I have done for myself. I get paid more than in any clinic, the benefits are amazing, and I am treated with respect. Working in a clinical setting, I was constantly talked down to and verbally/mentally abused by management,doctors, and pet owners. Although I really miss working with animals, this career switch has given me the ability for me to have a healthy work environment for the first time ever as an RVT.

Pros

Wfh, great pay and benefits, low stress, opportunity for advancement, lots of support

Cons

Still deal with the occasional angry customer. Sometimes direction is lacking.

Common questions about Covetrus

Answered by current and former employees at Covetrus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covetrus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits