Covidien Employee Reviews

Found 798 reviews matching the search See all 1,005 reviews
I loved my job and the people.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 14, 2019
I was a Project Administrator responsible for three different business units with many different departments. I enjoyed working with others and the many different job responsibilities I had. The management teams was great to work with and the workplace culture was professional and fun at the same time. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
iIt is a sad environment because it is closing
Credit &Collections Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 14, 2019
It's difficult to critique because the company is closing so there is no future.
There is not a happy environment and most other peoples work ethic is lacking but I try to keep a professional and ethical outlook with a smile.
Pros
It was close to my home
Cons
It is closing
Great company to start with
Sorting and inspecting lead wires and DVT's (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 3, 2019
It was my first job here in Florida after moving here from Michigan.
Had to learn things quickly and mostly by myself, since we didn't have a lot of employees at the time (this location just got started the year before).

I got to work closely with engineers, the sales team and our plant manager was greatly involved in the process as well.
Pros
Was a great athmosphere to work in and great people to work with
Cons
Can't think of anything bad to say, since the company merged with Medtronic shortly after I got hired
Management only for profits and not people
RA Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Saint Louis, MOMay 14, 2019
During my time working for Covidien, the management was constantly forcing the employees to do more work, for not more money, and while downsizing. Workers who did what they could to keep up with the increased workloads were not reworded with anything but the constant expectation that they were to continue with the maxed out efforts.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 24, 2019
Assembly of medical products, being very clean as far as hygiene, working as a team to complete daily task, making sure product is completely sanitized
The leading medical device company in laparoscopic surgery.
Executive Surgical Stapling/Advanced Energy Rep (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 2, 2019
I spent the day in the Operating Room providing verbal and technical assistance to surgeons and nurses on the use of new medical devices.

The daily benefit of building close relationships with all of the Operating Room staff was a critical part of my successful twenty years.

My manager was extremely helpful in mentoring me throughout my career.

Corporate culture was a very important focus on employees ethics and accountability to our customers.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the changing healthcare marketplace controlled by insurance companies.

My twenty-year career was exciting, challenging, and rewarding both personally and professionally.
Pros
Medical device market leader in new technology.
Cons
Insurance companies changing the healthcare marketplace.
Covidien
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCMarch 26, 2019
A typical work day is on the line., training and making sure product meets quality measures. I was surprised when they abruptly closed, the culture was diverse and the hardest part of the job was safety.
Productive, competitive
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 17, 2019
Good benefits, fun to work, they had reimbursment tuition for those willing to go to college. 401k, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short time disability
enjoyable tasks, competitive coworkers
Inservice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2019
I did the job only a couple of times, giving inservices regarding a new product which had been introduced which was intended to eliminate finger sticks with used syringes. The work was fun, the pace was fast, and the day went by quickly.

The job was temporary, unfortunately, because I would have loved to secure employment at Covidien. I may still attempt to reach out and see if they have any positions open which would be appropriate for me.
Great Place to work
Sr. Operation Lead (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 19, 2019
Covidien no longer exists. It will be unfair for me to rank a company that no longer exist. Please understand that i will not be able to give a fair assessment to that effect. All i can say is, i enjoyed my time at Covidien.
internship
process analyst-internship (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 15, 2019
This was a good non paid internship, they helped me meet my internship requirements which helped me graduate. The HR department was always helpful as well as the team of engineers.
Not a healthy work environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Senior management would take credit for lower management's ideas. Senior management would also throw lower management under the bus if they felt threatened. I kept referring to the production superintendent by name. One of my employees eventually asked who I was talking about. The 2nd shift employees had never met him. The pay was good, but in no ways balances the stress of a toxic work environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Toxic
Fast Paced, dog eat dog kind of atmosphere
associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 11, 2019
I didn't learn much from this job that I didn't already know. Except how medical supplies are packaged and shipped. The management were just fine. Although some of my coworkers were less than pleasant to work with.
Pros
Benefits once hired on from temp to perm
Cons
Unpleasant coworkers
The job was good.
Medical Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 4, 2019
It was 4 days a week, unpaid lunch - would be working an extra 30 min. but their you times when they mandatory weekend, they'll throw in paid lunch. But sadly the company is now Medtronic.
Divertido
Fábrica (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 24, 2019
Listo para labores y ser parte de esta gran factoría que trabaje por 2 años
Pros
Médicos
Cons
Break
Buen empleo
Tecnico en Electricidad (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoJanuary 19, 2019
muy buen ambiente laboral, comunicacion y facilidad para exponer los puntos propios sobre cualquier problema tecnico.
A great company to work for with good pay, co workers were great
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 16, 2019
A great company to work for who cares about not only the customers but there employees just as much. I loved working for covidien. Good pay and hours
workplace culture
Machinist (Mechanic) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2019
Workplace culture is very good even for a permanent/temporary position. work was demanding at time but always interesting and challenging. Worked togethers as teams and moved through out plant.
Pros
pay and bennifits
Cons
rotating shifts and long hours
High stress!
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2019
Liked the job itself. Did not like the indecision among management. the rotating work schedule along with the hours worked were the most difficult I ever had. All employees were often asked to commit to jobs beyond the scope of what they were hired to do. It was never enough to just do a good job in the area in which you were hired. When you did commit to more then in turn more was asked of you. Management would not only ask but pressure you. I am not opposed to going above and beyond however it never seemed to end. There was a never ending change in management and site directors. You you always had to learn new rules and policies only having to do it again in a short time when new management was brought in. Lack of communication and cooperation between shifts.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Never ending rule changes. Frequent changes in management
Good area to work
Manufacturing Eng (Former Employee) –  ChihuahuaDecember 28, 2018
This company is a good place to work since has many benefits for the employees. Often provide gifts to all the plant and bonus for performance. Environment is good.
Pros
opportunity to leave out the company for lunch
Cons
Engineering area require more support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight