Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

Found 846 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,075 reviews

Covidien insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Productive workplace

Pay was decent, standard benefits. Coworkers were easy to get along with. Yearly bonuses were given at the end of the year. Work life balance was good.

Good company to work for

Job security and advancement, training and work Location. Utilization of 5 y's, PPE usage and tools for motivation. Community service and participation, wellness programs.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for, I wish them the best for our costumers, brakes and luches are upsdating. Free thank you luches are good, brake room has tv sports and news

Pros

Free luches

Cons

Schedule

Decent company

Working there was decent. Nothing yoo good or too bad. You dont take your work home with you, so that is nice. Advancement was dependent on who had to approve it. Usually they were pretty fair.

Exciting opportunity to leave your mark

A typical day at work would be creating software requirements for a web-based patient monitoring system and then writing test cases to verify said requirements.I learned to leverage colleagues' experience and be open to feedback.Direct management was very supportive.Workplace culture was relaxed and supportive but hard-working.Hardest part of the job was working with offshore teams and relating to upper management.Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had my teammates' support.

Pros

Healthcare, Xmas party, good rapport with other groups

Cons

Finding out that the project I worked on was moved to another site and I was laid off the same day.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Fun, learning, productive, excellent experience

Company provided training, advancement opportunities and great benefit packages. Healthcare, Dental, Vision and hearing. Great vacation package, based on seniority. Personal days.

Pros

Free Lunches, easy going

Cons

Our division was sold, to a horrible company

Excellent place to work

perfect company to grow professional and personal. Great culture and it has the opportunity to learn different thing, process, method, products every day. Love that Company. Lo

Cons

Benefits, work life balance

Great opportunity Great place to work

It was without a doubt the best job I ever had. I left for a better position and of course more money. Money is not everything friendships and camaraderie is more important. If they would hire me back I would start tomorrow. Tom Brindamour

Covidien ya no existe .

Muy buena empresa solo un pequeño problema que ya dejó de existir .

Excelente

Me encantaba porque aprendí lo que es trabajar en producción y en equipo quisiera tener la oportunidad de volver

Medtonic is an amazing place to work

My time at Medtronic was absolutely amazing. My team and our Manager felt like a family unit. The workplace culture was relaxed and all inclusive. The most enjoyable part of the day was our mid-day power huddle.

Fun place to work, Free food for the employees

Lot of inspecting little item under the microscope. I learned that nothing should let a bad part go. See something say something. the production workers are all good people. the most enjoyable part is when we got free food.

Interactive and collaborative environment

Good progression initiatives, cross-functional collaboration, the management and ground staff gets on very well, it management team has a good listening ear to the issues being faced by the employees.

Great starter

Good place to start. It allows you to learn about working in a team environment. Each day is a routine easy to follow. There is room to grow. Team leads and supervisors are friendly which reduces pressure and stress.

Pros

Easy flow

Cons

Not too busy

This place is a unprofessional

I did not like working at this place. I worked there until I found something better. I would not recommend this place. Management is horrible. Glad I am gone.

good place to work.

Very good Company, but unfortunately the company move out of the State.

Extremely fast pace, great employees

Met with staff to lay-out the day (15 min), what the priorities were for the day and briefly discuss future plans. Coordinated meeting with corporate, was the MITG lead for multiple projects. Management was good, as with any large there were "Clicks" The greatest thing I learned was that all people, whether they are staff or customer, they are all individuals and need to be treated as so. Culture was good, we had a very cohesive team, I ensured they were cross-trained as to not have any issues if someone was out. The hardest yet most enjoyable part of the job was the my department was the central hub for all of MITG's PLM work so all departments came to us.

Benefit

I worked night the pay was good. The people were nice and the job was easy, just made sure the machine was running good for that night. Bonus was good and benefits

Good job and benefits

I learned alot at this company. The benefits were good for they employees. The kept all employees on up to date training on new things.moving up in the company was good.

Decent company

The benefits and job security was the best thing about this company, the management at the Greenwood location was the buddy buddy system and tended to make rules up on the fly that only benefitted the management, local hr tended to mess with your work life that caused less home time and supervisors played favorites

Great place

Work there since 1978 had a great experience and learned a lot from everyone there . It was a challenge at first but as years went by you learn the experience behind the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.2
InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight