Play YouTube video button

Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

No Comment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2019
Is an ok place to work other then that I have no comment about this company. The employees were freindly, the work driving caars was challenging if you like to work long hours in a part time settine this is the job for you.
Fantastic Company
Dealer Success Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2019
It's been an absolute privilege to work at Cox Automotive. It is an extremely competitive sales and consulting environment. If you're built for this type of environment where hard work and success and recognized and celebrated this is the company for you.
Enjoyed my time working for Cox Automotive
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTMarch 8, 2019
Great place to work. A typical day for me includes reviewing financial information as it relates to my job responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is not having a leadership team on site.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Offi site management
Pockets of Promise
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2019
Just like any large company, there are pockets of great leadership and strength. However, once you've found a few of the bad pockets, it becomes a nightmare. The farther away from home office, the more you find these inconsistencies with the stated culture and values.
I loved my time at Cox Automotive
Customer Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 24, 2019
Awesome campus, specifically the break-room!!! I miss the free video games during lunch. They also have pool, foos-ball and air hockey. My son's favorite was the GT racing game.
To many chiefs not enough Indians
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2019
While there have been many positives in my 5 years with Cox Automotive in the last year and a half it has gone down hill dramatically. Upper management could care less about employees who are in the weeds daily. The only thing that matters are numbers no longer the level of service given to customers. Continual price hikes driving away long time customers and senior employees not being valued are leading to many employees leaving for better opportunities. If you dont drink the "we are so good to you" kool aid you are shunned and under managements thumb.
Pros
Good health benefits great peers
Cons
Leadership lack of care for individuals threatening ultimatums and management plays favorites
Since it became Cox Automotive...
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2019
Following the acquisition of many automotive software companies, to evolve to Cox Automotive (26 business units), revenue (and hence, employee bonuses) saw a downward shift across the board. Layoffs began as an annual event but now happen more often that once per year.
The culture has changed as well. For a privately held family-owned business, there has been a shift in the past several years toward a more corporate atmosphere, replacing the employee-centric actions in years past.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Layoffs made for an uncomfortable environment.
Fun place to work
Service Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
Working here has pushed me to leave my comfort zone and be open
to things that I normally wouldn't. Working at this company is one of the best experiences of my life
A Thankless Job With NO Perks
Part-time Driver (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Micromanagement keeps a vice grip of manipulation on the drivers and controls their every breath to the point of suffocation. The drivers are treated with disrespect as if they have no value, or worth. Micromanaging is an ineffective approach to supervising employees.
Employment at Manheim San Diego is a thankless and worthless job.
Pros
A puny 24 hours of sick pay per year.
Cons
NO vacation pay, NO holiday pay, NO personal days, NO discount on COX services.
Very great company to work
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
I did my summer internship with DealerTrack (Cox Automotive Subsidiary). It was a great experience working here. I learned many new technologies and the way in which a company functions.
Great Company/Lack of Concern for employees
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2019
Great benefits, great leave opportunities for parents, overall great environment for employees. Definitely changing everyday, not quite as family based anymore
Technical Support
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
The Technical Support Department is one of the worst place to work as of 2019. and they will fired you for like NPS ,The Supervisor will never give you positive feed back only negative. The agents in the call center is not happy they don't look forward coming to work. for a very small call center the turn over is ridiculous.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
Cox automotive need to looking to there call center
Low pay, no training, hectic environment
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 4, 2019
There is no formal training or helpful on-boarding process. You're basically thrown in the fire to learn from mistakes. Management uses fear and intimidation to motivate, it does the opposite. Verbally obnoxious people go unchecked and profanity is the norm, very unprofessional. Very low hourly pay and understaffed with high turnover. Constant threat of cutting back on the 38 hours of work you put in each week. "Cliquey" work environment with lots of gossip. Odd LDM performance metrics system that really doesn't help improve operations.
Pros
Very fast pace so the day goes by quickly, auctioneers are fun to work with, fairly robust benefits package.
Cons
No training, high turnover, very low pay, unprofessional "cliquey" work environment
Unfriendly employee atmosphere. Bring your sunscreen.
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 1, 2019
I worked outside from 8am until 6pm and I walked at least five miles a day on hot asphalt most days. My feet ached every day everyday when I was quadrant coordinator and I couldn't forget to bring plenty of sunscreen otherwise, I would get sun burnt real bad. Since I had skin in the past, I chose to leave this position and look for a different career path. This job is a dead end job.
Pros
Consistant work schedule
Cons
Poor employee attitude, hot and dirty work conditions.
No girls allowed!
Auction Driver (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Harassment in the workplace is demeaning and demoralizing. Female drivers are routinely targeted, harassed and discriminated against. Women don't have a fair chance at Manheim San Diego. Therefore, women need not apply.
Pros
Women do get hired (then encouraged to quit to avoid the inevitable workplace violence).
Cons
Any port in a storm.
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Independent thinkers are promptly "lobotomized" with petty punishments at Manheim San Diego. NEVER allowed to exercise our autonomy, or any self-legislating will, which accurately describes a coma patient. Submissive slaves and mindless robots (with room temperature I.Q.s) wanted.
Pros
Cons
Slave wages on a slave ship to do mind-numbing dirty work.
Horrible don’t go here
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 24, 2019
I work there for about a year. Management is completely trash and very disrespectful. If you work here you will pretty much apply to every other job in the place and never get to work in the place you applied for. Trainers suck, and never do there job. Has a bunch of drama and managers are constantly in your life away from work.
Don't Procrastinate...Vaccinate!
Part-time Auction Driver (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Beware of the creepy crawlers. Getting into some auction cars containing cockroaches, fleas, ants, spiders, vomit, urine, feces, mold, dead rodents with their droppings, and bio-hazard (blood) all for minimum wage. Manheim San Diego should be shut down by OSHA, the Labor Board, and the Health Department. Get your booster shots!
Pros
Cons
Seriously unsafe and unhealthy nightmare job.
Nice
Customer service advisor who interacts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Cox is a nice environment. The employees that work there is full of smiles, kind people who want to see you grow. yes they have some work on the company of Autotrader. This site needs a lot of fixing.
Will Work For Food
Part-time Driver (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Expect to work on national holidays such as, Memorial Day and Labor day with no holiday pay. This is mandatory, not optional, and there is no reasoning with management about it.
Pros
Free pizza in lieu of holiday pay on some legal holidays (not all).
Cons
Zero work/home life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight