Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

Not fun
Used Car Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 14, 2018
This place is horrible. I left because they sell junk and take advantage of people. The owners are the managers too and they are horrible just taking the poor people and jamming them into junk cars.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Fun work place, lots of things to do if you had time or work done
Support (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSDecember 9, 2018
It was really busy environment, a lot of changes all the time, the work load is never the same every day, new programs or adjusted programs daily. Management did a terrible job updating policies until you already were in trouble for a policy that was never shared to the floor. A whole lot of workers would not be compliant with new policies and a few would be chosen to be punished and used as an example to others. I loved working there though, good people, great location, great benefits and one of the best jobs I ever had.
Great place to work.
Onboarding, Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
Cox was a very fun place to work. It allowed team members to advance their career and really drive the future. From the first day onboarding to their performance review process, Cox allowed team members to know how they were doing, drive where they were going and provided the tools to get there.
good strong company
Regional body shop estimateor (Former Employee) –  eulessNovember 28, 2018
learned alot about the inspector department at Manheim. Worked here for 15 plus years. Over the years I definetely saw alot of politics . I was let go for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Stay away from Manhiem
Commercial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 28, 2018
Worked at a Manhiem location on the east coast and training for the position was minimal and the management turned over quickly. I do not recommend them
Pros
Cons
the Job
Meh
Tier II Technical Support (Desking) (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSNovember 27, 2018
If you like rules that change constantly this place is for you! Cox is buying up competition and removing those old employees and burying their current employees with the load with zero training.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Accountability always tramples those lower on the totem pole
ability to learn and grow
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
Excellent working environment to grow and improve on ur skills.
friendly environment,fair treatment of all employees irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture or religion.
great work ethics.
great job
Vehicle Detailer (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCNovember 26, 2018
Good job, great work environment, and friendly people. If I the opportunity to work there again, I probably would work there again. Manager was very understanding
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
inclement weather
Vehicle Title Clerk / Front Office / Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 23, 2018
Manager was not available many times ./ out of town training / out for days needed off ... left other people to train that didn't ...spicily was told to do 110 titles per day WITHOUT INTERRUPTION , when reached she would find something ells ... doing all this while doing training for new system .. was told I was doing great keep it up keep learning / learn new system everything would be better once the new system was in place ... never happen.
Good Exposure
Software Engineer in Test II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 21, 2018
Cox is a huge company. Dallas office is no expanding. We are hiring people a lot to expand our business. We deal with cutting edge technology. A huge learning curve for new hiring.
It's a relaxed environment but you work hard.
Operations Supervisor - My Title Support (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 20, 2018
This is a fun place to work and you learn a lot about client management. The managers allow you to run your team and trust you to make smart business decisions that impact you and your team members. The biggest drawback to working at Cox Automotive is the pay. They expect a lot and as a member of the leadership team, you are expected to meet the needs of your team and that's how it should be. You are also expected to work with clients and ensure you are meeting the needs of their customers. It really makes for a very busy day and at times can be overwhelming.
Pros
The management team works hard to show its employees they care.
Cons
Salary
A diverse and fun working environment
Sales Analytics and Insights Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 19, 2018
The work environment is amazing. Everyone came from very different background but are very open-minded. That creates conditions easy to communicate through problems when they comes up. The company also provides benefits like flexible working time and many activities such as gym courses, networking and volunteering events. I enjoy the time working there.
Pros
Brilliant people, flexible working, open culture
Cons
Management issues
Not a lot of benefits for Contractors- Great benefits for full time employee's.
Client Solutions Executive Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
As a contractor you do not have access to a lot of the campus benefits. Contractors are treated like outsiders. Full time employee's get great benefits, this encourages contractors to become full time. You have to work hard, create your own brand, be punctual and be seen then you may have a chance to be hired on permanent.
Pros
Contractors Have access to dinning hall
Cons
But no access to anything else; Gym, Volunteer opportunities, work from home days
Great company struggling through intergration of products and cultures
Senior Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
By acquiring companies surrounding automotive retail, Cox seeks to be an indispensable tool in a radically efficient dealership environment. What has proven challenging is integrating all the products, the cultures and the go-to-market strategies of formerly independent companies. I'm not sure they havent given up on that outcome and decided to invest in future-looking pursuits like mobility.
Run
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
The leadership within Cox Automotive Operations is severely lacking. The leadership helps nurture the culture and they are the ones standing behind the people on the floor talking bad about them to each other. This is a terrible place to work. Run as far away as you can....
Benefits
Cons
Everything about upper leadership in the operations division
Cox auto
Sr. Business Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 7, 2018
• Drive service led solutions sales by leveraging various Cox Automotive business units
• Grown Monthly Recurring Revenue in sales territory by over $40,000 since acquisition
• Identify business needs in clients’ digital strategies and provide effective digital solution to drive revenue
• Coordinate assets across Dealer.com, Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book to identify and close business opportunities
• Manage DDC driven sales for MI region
• Budget and strategy proposals
• Salesforce/Big Machine contract building
• Google Ad Words Certified
Interesting Workplace
Strategic Account Manager, Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 7, 2018
Typical day is handling client requests, emails, projects, phone calls. Variety of daily tasks that kept the position interesting. There is always change within the org.
Great starter job!
Lot Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MINovember 3, 2018
Managers at manheim were very helpful. Pay rate was low, but the job was very family oriented. Fast paced work, usually non-stop. Part timers were able to choose the days they were available for work.
It is a productive place where the work is repetitive. THIS IS NOT A JOB FOR A FAMILY MAN.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
Again not a family man's kind of job unless your family is ok with you living at work. These guys will tell you it's a monday-friday job with some weekends from 7-5 but in reality it is a Sunday to Sunday from 7am til whenever the dept. Manager says to go. Most times we stay til about 10:30 pm. And then we're expected to show at 7 am the next day. Not even construction workers get this kind of treatment. At least they get days off which you don't here. PTO is your day off and i only get 2 per month! I don't mind hard work but when they have you living at work is when it becomes a problem. Pay isn't competitive and if you want to promote you have to keep reminding management until they say to go to HR and then HR will forget about you too even though you did your part and took necessary steps to gain promotion. Again management is terrible. Our department (inspections) doesn't get recognized for anything and you will be unappreciated at this job til it begins to weigh you down and affect your work. Not to mention they want both quantity and quality. Asking for the impossible when you only have 30 some guys pushing 3000+ units a week. Honestly this place has you breaking your back for little reward so try to avoid it. I been working here for 2 years and even the guys working 10+ years have said nothings changed. So save yourself the trouble.
Pros
Friendly employees, work outside
Cons
Long irregular hours(almost seems illegal) /Terrible management/ No work/life balance whatsoever
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
I've been with Cox since 2013 and I love it. I started as a contractor and was promoted to full-time 2 years later. I've learned so much and gained LOTS of experience. Management is very accommodating, I went back to school for an MBA early this year and was able to adjust my schedule for class. In addition to adjusting my schedule for class Cox offers tuition reimbursement, a tremendous benefit!
I'd recommend Cox Automotive to anyone, the only drawback is their strict requirement for a background in the automotive industry. I anyone meets that criteria they should definitely consider Cox Automotive as an employer, he/she will not regret their decision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight