Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Managemen
Dispatcher/Shipper (Current Employee) –  6600 Auction Lane,November 8, 2017
I do like certain departments and people, just need more hours, and I have talked to management but, no one will work with me.. For a big company they can be so unprofessional
Pros
some nice people
Cons
unprofessional mansgement
Downsizing
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTNovember 7, 2017
Cox took over Dealertrack, and after 950 released Aug 2017, people are leaving. It was a great place to work but not anymore. Interesting work, long hours, benefits okay even with no chance to advance. More work for less people to do. Manager over the Groton office has his own imaginary 'triangle' and thinks you can build better quality faster cheaper. I need say no more.
Pros
Nice people- their biggest asset
Cons
Nonstop work, Cox managers, Layoffs so less people
stressed free with lots of joks at times
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
It is a nice place to work with pleasant collegues who will always want to make the work place stressed free by creating joks. With such a smooth running work place, my task was always completed on time.
worse job ive ever done
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2017
management gets anything and so will you if they favor you ...in all meetings i went to they pump you up with you guys are doing great ...then they tell you that they cant give you a raise ...then finish it off with you can do better and faster or we will let you go ...
Pros
Cons
its all about them
A typical day at Cox
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2017
A tipycal day at Cox Automotive is full challanges like any job but manageagle and well balanced, I like to work I do and really enjoy my job. I would stay her till my retired days and knwo that what I am dong her has made a big crontribution to the company and I am well admired by my peers.
Okay place to work management does not utilize teammembers.
Employee Service Center Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work is handling employee phone calls and processing tax updates and preparing for the processing of payroll. Management would make decisions and would not speak or work with any team member for suggestions. The hardest part working there suggestions would be made to make the processing easier and nothing was ever considered.
Too corporate
Arbitrator (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 13, 2017
Closed door policy. Management does not have time to listen to your issues nor do they care to help you when they finally do listen. No communication at all.
Pros
Good benefits
Productive environment
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
Cox is a great company to work for. The employees are valued and leadership does listen to feedback from employees.

A typical day at work involves alot of meetings which means when you get home, you will have to complete your work. In addition, the workplace culture is great, casual dress code and there are no offices for some of the departments which creates transparency and openness.
Pros
Free fruits and snacks
Cons
commute
Good People, not for everyone
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 4, 2017
This is a support role. You will be on the phone all day talking to unhappy clients, and it is really up to you how you are treated. If you know your stuff and don't waste their time, this is a really good company to work for with outstanding team members.
A nice place to work. The location was perfect for me.
ESC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2017
I worked there as a temporary worker for 9 days and they let me go. No explanation! But of course temp means temp. I was heart broken. The Supervisor was a pleasure to work for. She seemed genuine.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches.
Cons
Release a worker suddenly!
Wonderful Company to Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Cox Automotive is one of the best companies to work in Atlanta and the Work Environment is very nice with culture of collaboration. There is too much emphasis on team building and collaboration. Highly recommended
Wonderful place to work at
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 26, 2017
It has been a pleasure working for Cox Automotive for the last 2 and a half years.

There is extremely good work life balance.

Very strong and vibrant engineering culture.

As a developer I felt I had a right on the product we were developing.
Pros
Engineering culture, the people, the benefits
Fair Company with many career paths. Poor management.
Client Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 25, 2017
Cox Automotive is very large and offers many career paths. However the management is poor. They like to say they promote from within, but they tend to hire from outside the company first. Also they like to champion a work/life balance, but in the sales roles this is not true. They require MANY extra hours of work per week which takes away from the life balance. Also there is a major problem with micromanaging within Cox. Due to the size of the company the benefits are good though.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, Team members
Cons
Management, Work/Life Balance
Stressful workplace
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Scott, LASeptember 22, 2017
The company has great benefits and work hours. To many people to answer to. For a communication company they have no communication between employees and people in charge.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
stressful
Good people, good company
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Cox Automotive was a good place to work. There are a lot of great people at the company on various different teams and departments. The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance was skewed a little too heavily in the direction of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we supported a lot of different products which kept things interesting and the people you work with both in your department and in other departments were great.
Pros
People, a lot of products, good paid time off benefit
Cons
Work/life balance skewed towards work
Environment with a lot of change but opportunity
Enterprise Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
Easier to be a doer than a leader there. There is lots of opportunity, challenge and ability to share your ideas but there is a lot of politics and empire building going on as well
Overall a good place to work.
Financial Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
As with all places there are ups and downs. One has to stay focused and driven to not become complacent in their current position if they want to move on. There are many people in the company that started straight out of high-school / college and are still there 20 and 30 years later. They also have an excellent benefits package and incentive program.
Poor pay not in line with industry standards
Bodyman/Painter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 18, 2017
Don't wast your time, unless you want to do twice as much work and only get half the pay
Being rushed to do a job, and if you make a mistake they jump all over you!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Great Company & Culture
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2017
The Cox Automotive family is just that...a family. The majority of those in management are a pleasure to work with. Benefits could be better (day care reimbursement) and getting to and from work can be stressful as the surrounding area is RIDICULOUSLY congested, basically all day.
Pros
great pay
Cons
benefits aren't the best, traffic in the surrounding areas makes work/life balance difficult
Cox Auto Review
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work with awesome benefits. Pension plan no longer exists. Needs more manager training initiatives in place before placing incumbents in managerial roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9