Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

Wonderful Work Place
Performance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
AutoTrader.com is a company inside of Cox Automotive and it gave me the opportunity to be inside a major company with a chance to grow and advance; which I have done. I plan to retire from the company and no where else.
Great place to work!
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work! The company really seems to value employees and treat them very well. They frequently have company sponsored fun events to promote team building as well as have functions to volunteer within the community.
Flexible work schedule
Senior Performance Advisor (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 7, 2018
Ability to set my own schedule and make my own decisions to improve relationships with our clients. Good medical benefits and PTO policy. Volatile management
Pros
Pto
Cons
Not clear sense of direction
Demands are too inconsistent and unable to be met
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2018
Inconsistent requests from supervisors. Unable to relate what is needed or wanted. Too many irons in the fire at one time.
Very stressful place to operate
Excellent place to work.
National account solutions sales (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 3, 2018
For its size Cox is a very dynamic company with good adherence to their mission. Good work-life balance. Compensation is above market. Good people in management. Involved in community and charity.
Pros
Good people, positive energy, well-funded.
Cons
Business unit silos, one-size fits all performance management across solutions.
Best Compensation around but underpaid vs industry
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 29, 2018
It's a great company but there is a clear line where people are underpaid (cost of living adjusted) for their roles compared to what they would get around the industry. I think this hampers our hiring.

The tech is pretty good, we are able to choose the technologies we believe will help us solve a problem (within reason).
Cons
Aetna is terrible
Great Intentions - Decent Execution
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2018
Great Intentions - Frustrating Execution. For whatever reason, they seem overly focused on 'diversity' training, almost to a fault. HR trainers (& mandatory training of Managers & Directors) assume that all white workers carry 'white privilege' - and they relish rubbing your face in it. Moreover, HR will literally let (& sometimes, FORCE) a position sit empty for months until they find an 'appropriate' number of 'diverse' candidates. I personally had to implore my HR recruiter to "...judge candidates based on the content of their character and NOT by the color of their skin." It's sad, because the company's current CEO is the founder's great grandson and he seems like a really good guy, but he has absolutely been bullied into allowing his company to be taken over by the 'PC police'.
Exciting place to work and grow
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 25, 2018
Every Business unit within Cox Automotive is energized to produce great products and attract new talent.
The offices are well laid out and there is an atmosphere of excitement in the air among the staff.
Pros
Game rooms and clean lunch rooms
Cons
Remote work is difficult
Cox Automotive great culture and benefits
Sr, Oracle System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Cox Auotmotive has great work cutlture with security and benefits. The mangement has great vision and committment to excellene in its processes and systems.
Work conditions are excellent and promotes diversity and fairness for all.
Great Benefits! Nice place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with the company but most of the opportunities for advancement are in Atlanta at the corporate office if you are in the finance field.
The supervisors made it hard to work there.
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Some supervisors not all would mix personal life with business. And some coworkers would feel uncomfortable because they would be treated like a friend some days and trash talked like an employee on others.
Pros
Generous hours.
Cons
little pay.
Fun work place with table tennis
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Very nice place to work for. People are very friendly. We get free snacks and coffee.

Management inform everything to their Employee. They also give good bonus.
Fun workplace
Production Operator I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2018
The company offers good benefits but the hours are to uncertain and the pay should be better. I enjoy working at Cox I just don't care for the pay or not getting my full 40 hours a week.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Too much drama, choas
Temp assignment contracted (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 14, 2018
I worked there and yes there were favorites. They were for the most part nice, however two faced, couldn't trust saying anything to anyone because it would be well known to someone.
Chaos, drama, secrets amount each other through e-mails. Not very comfortable feeling.
Pros
The work was easy
Cons
The staff was too much gossip drama
Great Orgaanization
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
A awesome and exciting place to work. If you like change you will enjoy working with Cox Automotive. Excellent culture and the Cox family really invest in their employees
Former Team Member
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 13, 2018
All I'll say is this: if you enjoy being a suck-up who follows & never leads, likes being negative, stressed out, always a part of the problem and not the solution, the center of constant backstabbing, controlled like a puppet and being told what to do, then this is the perfect place for you. Yes, the benefits are AWESOME but they aren't worth the stress. When management IS THE PROBLEM, there's no need in trying to negotiate anything at all.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, constant micromanagement, no room for advancement
Great place to work, if you're lucky enough to land on the right team
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 11, 2018
Things are in constant flux as far as workload and asks from Product, but every level of management really cares about what they're doing and they're all very receptive to suggestions on how to improve. Everyone has a great attitude, and I actually enjoy going to work, which is nuts.
Pros
Great pay, lots of time off, autonomy, learning opportunities, ego-free code
Cons
Product vs Engineering can be a bit frustrating, as well as moving finish lines and sudden requests.
The Company is Great but there is still room to grow.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 10, 2018
I moved from one business in CAI to another and was excited about the potential growth. I worked the 12 to 9 shift and was not able to move out of the role. I spent a lot of time having to skip lunches and working late into the night to make sure that goals were met. The atmosphere among the team was great but the department I was in was growing rapidly and was just trying to stay afloat due to the number of people that were still needing to be hired.
Pros
Great atmosphere, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Working late, hard to change shift times
Great place to work, great co-workers, great environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I support the Assistant General Counsel in Legal Operations, I loved my job because I loved assisting my co-workers with requests. The hardest part of my job was the traffic driving to and from work.
Pros
Company is very charitable
Cons
Fairness of work life balance
Lazy and Late on Information
None yet (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 29, 2018
When I put a resume to this job (gas pump operator), I got one phone call (at home when I was working). I tried to get back with the recruiter but with no luck. After a week and a day of several messages I got in touch with the recruiter (with I found out that the recruiter went on vacation without telling me beforehand). Unfortunately, i'm informed that because i'm with a 3rd party group (that manheim owned 51% of the company), i'm not able to be selected for the job. I have to leave the company and wait 6 months before trying for this job again. I was not informed about this loophole when I was hired about my current job. Manheim punishes employee of 3rd party groups for this. I strongly encourage others not to seek jobs from cox automotive and manheim in the statesville, nc area.
Cons
cutthroat, Lies to you about jobs given to you, If your 3rd party treated like trash.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.6Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.