Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

Caution
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
The Automotive division of Cox is undoing constant change. They don't know how to properly onboard new employees for success. promotion is not based on capability or performance, it's who you know. The highly tenured employee's are happy, newer employees tend to be unhappy.
Disappointed Employees
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
The company did not follow its slogan: Diversity and Inclusion and Be Bold & Act Now.

There are so many bullies and jealousy people in the management teams. They play politics, and employee promoted is not based on the skills and knowledge, but good relationships with your manager, and be managers' pet.
Not Applicable
Sr. Manager Enterprise Platforms (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
Not Applicable Very good work conditions enjoyed the work env. great people, great location, nice to work, good team very nice facilities great location
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
Not applicable
Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain/ Senior Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
The Leadership in the Supply Chain Management group sucks! The VP of the group has no clue, she's very unprofessional and likes to teach twerking to the female employees!!!
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent job for the recently retired.
Part time Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2018
The atmosphere is relaxed, and the employee base is diverse. Being able to laugh at yourself is a plus.
The management is easy going, as long as you keep up your end of employee expectations.
Auction days can be fast paced...maybe even a bit hectic at times...but never a dull moment.
If you enjoy driving all makes, models, and conditions of autos... this may be the job for you.
Pros
Enjoyable employees, and challenging driving assignments. Periodic company parties, and lunches!
Avant-Garde Technology complimented with exalted talent
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
Cox Automotive was a bustling and busy place to work, but at the same I got the feeling that every individual's work mattered. Every individual was kind and welcoming. My issue was that i found myself sitting idle a fair amount and feel as though I could have done more. However, because I was an intern, my managers and myself knew my time with Cox Automotive would come to an end and training has costs so there were not many other responsibilities that I could pick up.
Stressful work environment with little communication.
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manheim DenverJune 11, 2018
When I first started 3 years ago it was a nice job. The managers were good and cared about their employees. Slowly over the years managers were fired for no reason and the employees were never told why. In my time there we had 4 different general managers, and all 4 had different ideas on how it should be run.After I had worked at manheim for 3 years I was unjustly, and without evidence, put on administrative leave. I was never called or told what was happening and when I tried to call to talk to someone, the only answers I received were "they aren't here right now" or "we are still waiting on a decision." DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Pros
Cafe built inside the auction was good.
Cons
Poor communication, poor training and lack of care from management
N/a
Lane Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAJune 9, 2018
Nice place to work. Located in the quaint Lancaster County of Pennsylvania. Nice people friendly atmosphere, draws customers from across the country...
Exciting and fast paste work envirnment
Car Transporter (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 8, 2018
I only work at the off lease car lot in west palm beach as a temp, but every time i see the job listing from my agency, I try to get the job as transporter. I love cars and that lot is huge & full of cars.
Pros
Different locations, meet people, and easy to do
Cons
traffic, weather
Great Company
Client Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2018
Overall a great company with wonderful benefits. I would recommend my teammates that are interested in data migration and various field within data management to apply for work with this company.
Pros
Great Place to Work!
Cons
Autotrader has many improvements
Great Place to Work
Director, Strategic Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
Cox is a great place to work. You are in control of your work/life balance and the company values your thoughts and ideas. Most positions offer total autonomy.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Great direct manager
Sr. Manager Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
I was blessed to have an excellent direct manager, however with all the reorganizations, transformations, and right sizings there is not much room for career growth.
Fast Paced Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTMay 25, 2018
It can be a very fun place to work. They're is always plenty of work to be done, or a colleague that needs help. You provide IT help to the software program that allows car & motorcycle dealerships to register and title vehicles they sell, right on their PC.
Pros
Very family based company, free food incentives, prizes, etc.
Cons
No privacy for your name or state
Great company to work for.
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2018
Great place to work with great people inside the community. They are also very knowledgeable and eager to help out any new hires. This is great for anyone trying to find a occupation that has above average flexibility in their work life.
Its a great company to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
I love going to work because it is Autotrader. They have great work culture and management is also great. The only downside is less job security. The work life balance is good.
Okay, to a point...
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 17, 2018
I worked in the support area for Vin Solutions for many years and watched them fire people without advanced warning or indicators that they were doing anything wrong. I watched the people who smoked or hung out with the bosses taking multiple breaks during the day, leaving the work load to a small amount of people. Those who hung out with the bosses were hired from contract quicker, promoted faster, and given the premium jobs, instead of the ones who actually took care of the customers or who were more qualified for the job. I watched men get promoted without any degrees, while women who graduated college and were actually more qualified for the jobs get left behind. It wouldn't take a thorough investigation to prove this.
So if you like to smoke, drink, carouse, and ignore your customers, this is the job for you.
If you are a hard worker and really value customer service, look somewhere else, because this place will use you, exploit your talents, and then promote someone who does smoke, drink, and hang out with the bosses.
I'm not sure what the Cox Automotive atmosphere in Atlanta is like, but this is true of the Kansas City and DDC offices in Vermont. It was common knowledge that the Vermont office has a beer tap on site. I'm surprised M.A.D.D. has not had these people investigated a long time ago.
Pros
Potluck lunches (in house), some festivities in the building
Cons
Smokey smell from coworkers permeated the work areas, seemed like the office bug circulated around the office all year round, constant dusty film on the computer equipment and desks, very bad lighting, people smoking during fire drills around non-smokers
the monster in the closet
Major Account Executive Direct (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2018
worked there several years in various branches. Somewhat glad I left when I did because I have great memories of the company that I worked for, mostly for the relationships gained while there
Team work, Plan, Business Case, Scope requirements, Process control
Strategy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
Regular work hours, learned inventory solutions, media solutions, financial solutions that would benefit dealerships in the ever changing automotive industry.
I had an excellent experience during the first year. Additionally, I had 4 managers in 2 years.
IT Manager/Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 4, 2018
Cox, overall, is a great company. My first year was amazing. I loved it so much and created great solutions. We had four different managers in the last two years. The last two managers.... Well.... The last year was quite challenging. Upper management seemed to have the right ideas.
Pros
Free lunches on Thursdays once a month, great co-workers
Cons
Ceilings for some.
Typical corporate company
Commercial Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2018
The job itself was not too bad. I was able to get my work done in the time allotted and in a way that met my standards. However, management is an absolute disaster. With the exception of one manager, they are all only out to make themselves look good and care nothing about their employees (except that they meet their ridiculous standards.) Problems are treated with blame instead of collaboration. The top of the company has a completely different perspective on how the company operates than it how it actually does. There was a fair amount of turnover and I completely understand why. Happy I left.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
management, cut-throat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.