Cox Automotive
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

United States714 reviews

benefitautomotiveamazeemployeemanheimchangeyeartrain

Good telecom role with the right culture and balance money and career fufillment

Great company, great culture, that gives back to the local community, while the products are what you might expect out of a cable company, it is a great company that is made for long term careers. Promotions are much slower than other companies, and salary is low, but you can easily double that with commissions, benefits are great for a family. So it is a lower risk lower reward sales role.

Technician 2

They do not provide feedback or training no direction management always sitting around and not communicating new policies or changes with customer standards

Pros

Health care 401k

Cons

Lunch management

Cox Automotive insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Terrible management, good pay, flexible. Gone downhill fast

Managers afraid of upper management. Upper management unethical. Biased management. Consolidation of many companies, no clear focus on the future. Atlanta folks not automotive savvy.

Pros

Decent pay, flexible schedule, unlimited PTO

Cons

Weak healthcare, too many unproductive meetings

Overall good place to work

Your typical inbound call center. Answering calls all day long, like any customer service job people may get upset or mad. You assist with helping people with a wide variety of issues or just general information. It’s a lot of information but fairly easy to pick up. The pay is great and benefits are great too. Everyone, including managers, is extremely friendly and always willing to help or answer any questions you may have. Overall, I do recommend working here if you enjoy customer service and talking to people all day long. Personally it got exhausting for me after a month and I’m not looking to do this forever. But there is room for growth and it’s a good company to work for.

Overall Great Place to Work

Simply put, from culture to compensation, Cox is one of the few places that I regretted leaving. They literally treat you like family. Even if you get in at the bottom, with hard work and consistent performance, you wont be at the bottom long.

Revolving door of management

New manager's every year that only look out for themselves. Most employees are unhappy and only stay because of the benefits. Management is very dishonest and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. Would not recommend employment here.

Cox is a great place to finish out your career as a lifer

A typical work day is just checking emails, slacks, getting caught up to speed on planning, then meeting with team, then focus on work, then work/life balance stuff happens in between so juggling kids/parents/appts during lunch and then back to work and another meeting to plan ahead, and then free up rest of time to really finish up scheduled work for the sprint at your own time - which is both great and exhaustive as a parent of 2 young kids juggling both during pandemic.

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn. Great leadership and co workers. I’ve been working with Cox Automotive for 14 years and its been a wonderful experience for me.

Amazing company and employees

Cox automotive is great. The atmosphere is stimulating fast paced productive fair fun inviting welcoming.. You name it the things you're looking for in a company are at Cox.

Understaffed with poor management

Hope you like working for the good old boys club. You will be made to bend over backwards for the customers that go golfing with the general managers, while we’re drowning in the office due to being so understaffed. Management is laughable, mandatory overtime including weekends. Underpaid.

Pros

Cons

Nepotism, favoritism, little to no breaks, rude clientele.

Remote work

No advancement , extremely work load , poor management . Not enough training, short breaks . They micromanage and handle employees with rude comments. Manager don’t care about his employees

Pros

Remote

Cons

Short break, micro management

good pay, weak management, poor training

this company does not follow the standards of the cox corp. nepotism. use people burn them out fire them, repeat. they hold some to higher standards than othershardest part-not quittingbest part-pay is good for this area with low educationwould not recommend to friend

Supportive and fun company with amazing benefits

I've worked at many companies in the Atlanta area and none come even remotely close to COX. I stay very busy which can be a little much at times but I'm always appreciated and recognized for my work. The people at COX are what make the company so great. I've honestly never worked for a company where people are so supportive of each other and try to build people up.

Your welcome if your out of jail

Managment not addressing issues because they care about money being made.like hiring ex jail people because they can't get regular jobs.they got rid of me because I never went to jail..if you went to jail..it's the place for you

Pros

Hire ex convicts

Cons

Jail people not like non j as IL people

Horrible managers

The company is great, great party and benefits. But now work/life balance. The release department managers are horrible. They can't keep employees in that dept because of the horrible managers. Nothing is ever considered confidential with those managers and they will work u to death.

Amazing place to work!

I have worked for Cox Automotive for a year now and I cannot stress how great of a company they are. They really do care about their employees and the benefits & people are awesome! Excited for my future here at Cox!

Pros

Great co workers! Great Benefits! Great company!

Happy to be here daily

I am greeted and set up my desk and get to work, I am left to complete my work on my own unless I need help or have a question. There is no micro managing and everyone is helpful and kind.

What stands out for me is how management and immediate supervisors care about their employees.

My typical day at work is knowing I am here to get the job in a very efficient manner. Management team is the BESTThe culture is AWESOMEDon't have any hard parts to my job. As long as all employees work together it goes very smooth.Management team that take care of us is very important to me.

Great employee and customer focused company with many opportunities for growth

Cox is unique in that it positively challenges and highly respects its team. I enjoy the work but I especially love the environment and the common goal that we share to provide customers and each other with a great personal experience.

Pros

Colleagues, Management Team, Growth opportunities, Recognition, Rewards

Great work/life balance but low pay

Great work/life balance and company culture although pay isn't competitive. Room for job advancement, but you'll have to apply within. Promotions aren't performance based.

Banking on their size

They are extremely behind on computer systems and IT. It’s a daily struggle to find info you need to do your job. Managers are extremely lazy and will continue to underpay employees so they can make more.

Common questions about Cox Automotive

Answered by current and former employees at Cox Automotive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Cox Automotive with

• Cox Automotive
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?