Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,037 reviews matching the search See all 2,043 reviews
Great for those that do not inspire to grow
CB Tech Support Rep I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2018
Cox is a typical call center environment. Stats and trends are emphasized over quality of work and customer care. Company discounts on their services are great, but recommend that you can cash in on them before working there.
Pros
Great discounts on cox services, Better pay than most call centers
Cons
Health insurance is restrictive, micromanagement
Good pay and benefits
Tier II Advanced Internet Support (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2018
Pay and benefits are great. Sales requirements in nearly every technical support position, shift bids, constantly changing management and rules are just some of the cons.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Shifts, constantly changing management and rules
Exceptional Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 18, 2018
Management, the employee and Corporate was Awesome! Good benefits and they cared about their employees. You can advance at Cox Communications. Great Company!
Too stressful
Sales/Retentions Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
Constant micromanaging and number-hitting. I wouldn't wish this job upon my worst enemy.

The pay, however, was exceptional.

My direct supervisors were knowledgable and extremely hard working however upper management and HR need A LOT of work.
Customer Retention Specialist II
Customer Retention Specialist, II (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 16, 2018
My time at Cox Communications was indeed a good learning experience as being my first true job. It helped begin to shape me and help me understand the corporate world.
Great Culture
Account MGR II (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 15, 2018
Great place to work if you're self motivated. Company focus on culture and delivering the best product on the plant. Work life balance can be difficult to achieve.
Pros
work culture
Cons
work life balance
Good pay but no opportunity when Iwas there
Field Service Representative Level (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
When I worked there the employees in the field were extremely unhappy and management didn't care at all. When over 50% of the field service department walked out they fired most of the supervisors and middle management that caused the problems. Probably a much better place now.
Great Work Place!
Retention Supervisor/Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
Taking care of customers. Learned that a hard days work can be very nice. The management was always available when needed. My co-workers and I were a team, always on the same page. The hardest park of this job is the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable is seeing a happy customer. Highly Recommended!
Okay
Customer Support Specialist/ Administer Assistance (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 12, 2018
Okay place to work. ask a lot of questions if you have concerns about the shifts. Laid back place to work. Okay pay, god benefits and good management.
PitStop
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2018
it's a pit-stop. typical call center environment
3 months of training
come to work do your job volunteer as much as possible
if you're a talker, this is for you
Pros
free cable
Cons
low pay
Very laid back
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZMay 11, 2018
I work on an air force base at a 3rd party retailer, we just wait for customers to come in. Super laid back, I get paid to be on my phone/ computer. My manager is super nice, wants the best for her employees and is really considerate. Its a nice job but I share it with 2 other girls, So my hours are limited to a max of 18 hrs a week. Working 3 days a week. Get commission for every sale you make. Small office and loud jets calls for inevitable migraines. Manager is not on sight, business casual dress code.
Pros
no micromanagement, hour lunch, can be on my phone at all times, competitive
Cons
not enough hours or customers, small office, lack of career advancement
IT Helpdesk / Production Support Tech II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 10, 2018
Great place to work. Thoroughly enjoyed the environment, compensation, benefits, and employees. Unfortunately it was decided to outsource the department, so a good thing had to come to an end.
Pros
Enjoyed everything
Cox Solutions Store Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2018
Cox gave me the tools to be a great sales professional. Great atmosphere with opportunities to do whatever I wanted with my career. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to grow with the company.
Excellent place to work
Comm Center Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 10, 2018
Cox is a great company to work for. They have great benefits and lots of room for advancement. Cox has a very pleasant working environment. The leadership really cares about the employees.
Business Case, Charter, Scope/Schedule/Budget baseline, Architecture
Technology Performance Analytics, PM (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
Business Case, Charter, Scope/Schedule/Budget baseline, Architecture. Stitch structured data (SQL) with unstructured data (Voice of customers), visualize data. Consultative and Advisory to multiple stakeholders.
Not a fun place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 9, 2018
Not a fun place to work. Cox starts out telling you that you can have breaks and take some time off the phones and you don't need to sell. Then when you get on the phones not a lot of breaks and if you don't sell you get in trouble.
used to be great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2018
When COX was only Oklahoma based, it was great. You always knew you would be talking to someone local. When they went to tech support doing 5 states, it really lost something. The customers felt it too
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
poor managment
Cox Communications
Senior Capacity Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2018
Working for Cox for the last 18 years was enjoyable. They treated us like family. We allow and support training to help further your career with the company and gave options for self improvement.
Work eas ok management not
Field Service Representative III/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 7, 2018
Never thought Cox gave meequal chances. Several situations where favoritism or nepotism took precedence over commitment and hard work. No advancement opportunities
Pros
Discount
Good place to work for.
2004 - 2005 Field Service, San Diego (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
Cox was a great place to work for. Being in the field was great where lunch time was near the beach. Being 1st level field tech, lots of work to be done.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Stressful shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Communications Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss