Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,426 reviews matching the search See all 2,434 reviews
Collections
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2019
Typical day at work is helping customers plan a payment for their services. I learned systems and problem solving. Management for the most part was great to work with. Was positive and fun. Hardest part of the job was the travel. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people I was able to assist and also work with.
Pros
Free services
Cons
Distance from home
Great company
Technical Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2019
The company and upper management were great! It was the direct supervision that was less than appealing. They were unprofessional and would discuss employees private details in front of other employees and would violate HIPAA with the type of questions and conversations that would take place.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Schedule
A stressful and hostile work environment
Billing Specialist, sales operations (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The attendance policy is atrocious! You are only allowed to have 6 occurrences in a 12 month period. If you are 31 minutes late for work, you are penalized with a half of an occurrence (the same as being 4 hours late). Six people that I worked with at cox have passed away- mostly from heart disease. You are treated as a number not a human being. The benefits were terrible. The best decision I ever made was leaving that place for a better company. Most of the supervisors were awful and never empowered any of their direct reports.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Good place to work in your 20s or 30s. No advancement
Cox cable tech (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Wonderful work place just you are responsible for customer service mistakes and last one to know about outages better vehicles should have been done years ago
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Too picky
sales
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2019
this was straight out bouding job one of my favorite jobs i have ever had because the selling atmosphere was so intense you could feel it int he air it made you want to sell on every call.
Great leads to help you get sales
Home Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
This was a rewarding job but the work/life balance wasn't as great as I had hoped. The compensation was pretty good as well. Great benefits and a pretty good culture.
no comment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 14, 2019
COX is an ok place to work the upper management is great however most middle managers hover over you your entire shift. There is more sales pressure than you would think in tech support.
Great Big Family
Expert Universal Home Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2019
It felt like a family reunion everyday. I actually had fun doing my job. Everyday was the same and different at the same time. A lot of team based accomplishments.
Pros
Had Fun Doing My Job
Cons
Picks and Choosens
productive and fun environment to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2019
the vision and mission of the company seem to effectively drive the .culture, team-work is present and encouraged, sales and customer care are always important.
benefits
dont waste your time interviewing with this company!
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2019
They waste a lot of people's time interviewing with no results. They have no respect for people looking for jobs. They supposedly do a phone interview to prescreen, yet they don't even ask any legitimate questions, only to ask you to travel for an in person interview to select only a few out of many people that they waste their time.
Great workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 10, 2019
Cox communication is a great place to work you get paid hourly plus commission and extra bonuses you can win prizes I did outside sales so I worked at Walmart or Best Buy Sam’s Club and day to day I interacted with a lot of people different personalities but it was very fun and exciting to meet different kinds of people.
Solution Specialist
SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 8, 2019
I would have to say I absolutely loved the job, the company is amazing, as well as my supervisor and senior rep, the past 2 years has been absolutely amazing learning opportunities, not just with work, but with life as well. Cox has taught me a lot, and for that I am thankful.
Pros
to many
Cons
non
The Leader's Make your Experience
Technical Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2019
There is room to grow, however, difficult to navigate. Each person has a different experience based on their leader. Many internal jobs are "filled" prior to posting, so can be hard promoting.
I enjoyed working for Cox
INBOUND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2019
Cox was my first call center job and while it could be tough at times, I thoroughly enjoyed working for them. I would definitely consider going back to work for them.
The company has undergone many organizational changes in the past three years. It may continue.
Instructional Designer III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2019
The company talks a lot about work life balance; however, project timelines tend to be very aggressive, requiring long hours to meet deadlines. So sometimes it is hard to put it into practice.
Pros
Strong focus on community service and giving back. Good benefits.
Cons
No longer offering a pension to new employees.
Sales
Media Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 3, 2019
Cox Media Group (CMG), a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, was formed in 2009 by combining Cox Radio, Cox Television, Cox Newspapers, CoxReps and various digital businesses into a single integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company.
Fast paced, competitive call center with many incentives.
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2019
Cox an ok company to grow and advanced but certain managers take offense to negative feedback which would make certain transitions a better experience. For the most part Cox is a great working environment with good people but certain situations do arise.
Good Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 2, 2019
A good place to work. If you're a minority it's a great place to get advanced. Great benefits. Cox pays well but in the grand scheme they care more about the culture of Money more than employees or customers for that matter.
Real nice place
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2019
I worked as a contractor at Cox Communications, but ironically I was treated better there than I ever was at my prior FTE gig at a big huge telecommunications company. Cox offers better day to day perks like decent coffee and inexpensive meals in the cafeteria and the pay is better than most other places.
Account Executive, Business to Business (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZDecember 30, 2018
I do not like the cannibalism between all sales people. The paperwork side of things is awful, getting things accomplished on the customer service side is painful. The prices have dropped on products sold but quotas are still the same. It is very tough to move within the company. It's a buddy system which I do not like. The managers.. some good, some bad as with any company. It is a good company overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Communications Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight